Project Mega My Mon! (NU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think that if a mon in NU got a M-evo, it most probably would go to RU+
As of now, M-Banette is the lowest tiered mega, and the rest are in UU and OU.
I mean, look at M-Mawile, wasn't it NU last gen? And its Ubers..
Then again, M-Mawile was broken
Mega Abomasnow is also RU, (and it was UU last gen (OU for most of it)). It is quite possible that a mon could get a mega and stay NU, however with a Pokemon like Zangoose, that is already extremely viable (its a good Pokemon in NU), you either make its Mega Worse or it is broken. I think the OP realizes this, and will probably start picking PU pokemon in the D range on viability ranking thread, for example, I doubt that any of Mega Avulugg, Butterfree, Noctowl or Wigglytuff would go RU without insane boosts, but they could easily be given good NU megas that aren't broken in the tier. Also giving a pokemon Fairy-typing (fairy / steel is best defensive typing in the game) along side Huge Power will obviously make it 3-4 tiers higher, that doesn't mean any mega buff given will make a Pokemon broken in NU.

Reactions: Jho
With accordance to what atomicllamas said, our next Pokemon for you to mega are:

Week Two

Double Whammy Week
tottaly onixpected hue

Minun and Plusle

Stats: 60/40/50/75/85/95 and 60/50/40/85/75/95

Abilities: Minus+Volt Absorb, Plus+Lightning Rod

So yeah, keep in mind their differences when making their Megas but otherwise have fun and remember it should be viable and not broken in the NU meta :]!

I was thinking about something that fit their theme but it is rather difficult for me to think about something balanced.

Maybe something like this:

Mega Plusle
Type: Electric
Ability: Download
Stats: 60/80/75/105/75/110 (0 /+30 / +35 / +20 / 0 / +15)

I would only put some bulk into SpD because it seems rather difficult to make an Electric Type viable without making it broken...though this is just a small example what direction it can go (or maybe not)

+1 252 SpA Plusle Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 136+ SpD Eviolite Roselia: 106-126 (34.8 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+3 252 SpA Plusle Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 136+ SpD Eviolite Roselia: 176-208 (57.8 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I have looked at the damage even modest does to things like Uxie and unless it gets to +3 with Nasty Plot and Download it will end on a 3HKO, otherwise:
+3 252+ SpA Plusle Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Uxie: 268-316 (75.7 - 89.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (thats with Modest Nature)

But I still believe that would be too much speed and a little to much SpA for Download.

and

Mega Minun
Ability: Intiminidate
Stats: 60/30/100/75/130/110 (0/-10/+50/0/+45/+15)

Just random calcs to see how bulky it would be compare to "Gen 5 Ampharos"
SpD Calcs
252 SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Ampharos: 274-324 (71.3 - 84.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Minun: 222-262 (68.5 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Physical Def calcs
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ampharos: 257-304 (66.9 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Minun: 231-273 (71.2 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Minun: 175-207 (54 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Well, if Plusle is offensive orientated, I think Minun should be the opposite...but Electric Type is just a bad defensive typing. NU has enough more viable Prankster Users so I don't really see that more viable to put this over them, with worse typing and no passive recovery. And unlike last gen Ampharos, it does not have Heal Bell, however, it has Encore, T-Wave and Wish I guess (not trying to look at Volbeat or Illumise as Prankster Users).

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Mega Plusle
60/50/40/85/85/95 --> 60/115/75/65/85/105 (0/+65/+35/-20/+20/+10)
New Move: Swords Dance
Ability: Guts

Mega Minum
60/40/50/75/85/95 --> 60/65/75/115/85/105 (0/+25/+25/+40/+0/+10)
Ability: Cruelty (Guts, but for Special Attacks)

The usual Plusle and Minun both do the same thing and that is nothing attacking on the special side. However, I think they should have some more differences.

Mega Plusle: Plusle and Minum both had the ability to boost their Special Attack, but with a higher attack stat instead of special attack I think Mega Plusle needs to have the ability to boost his Attack. The physical movepool is pretty bad but with the ability to boots their attack, a nice attack stat and an ability that helps him when statused, it can be a great physical attacker

Mega Minum: Mega Minum has Nasty Plot to boost its special attack and combined with Flare Boost it isn't likely it will get statused fast because a +2 Flare Boosted 115 Attack STAB Thunderbolt hits everything very hard.

+2 252+ Atk Guts Plusle Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 282-333 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
+2 252+ Atk Guts Plusle Wild Charge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Gurdurr: 339-399 (90.8 - 106.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Flare Boost Minun Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Audino: 351-414 (85.6 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Flare Boost Minun Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Gurdurr: 505-595 (135.3 - 159.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Note that this are calculated with positive nature, but with things like Pyroar, Mismagius and Zangoose in NU, it's better to use a + Speed nature. So you'll probably hit a little bit lower.

For the Megas design I was going for a more bulky appearance for minum and more offensive appearance for plusle.
The ears on Plusle increase in length appearing offensively. Plusle grows sharp, long calls helping it bend (reference) electric type moves. Mega Plusle will receive the ability Lightning Rod, which is also its Hidden ability
Mega Minum gains a more bulky appearance with the larger, flat eats and stubby arms. Minum would be the bulky of the two, gaining the ability volt asorb (once again its hidden ability)
Both megas already contain rolls both can perform, some better than the other. Both Megas will get new moves: Aura Sphere, Physic, dark pulse, dazzling gleam.

Mega Plusles new stats: 60/80/50/115/75/115 Mega Plusle would be frail defensively making it less of a threat. Without focus sash the Set-Up version makes it easy to counter, another down side but mega plusle's offensive stats make up for that. Mega Plusle would be Electric/Fairy type
Some Calcs:
252+ SpA Plusle Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Garbodor: 232-274 (77 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Plusle Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mismagius: 170-200 (65.1 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Plusle Sets:

Offensive Plusle:
Plusle
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
- Dark Pulse

Set-up Plusle:
Plusle
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Agility
- Charge Beam
- Volt Switch
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mega Minums new stats: 60/70/90/85/115/95
With Mega Minum being a fairy type, it has another weakness, poison. Other bulky pokemon like Muk and Garbodoar could set up and do a lot of damage with toxic/gunk shot. This would cripple mega minum. Taunt would also be a problem. It would completely shut down the use mega Minun.
Calcs:
252+ Atk Garbodor Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Plusle: 294-348 (90.7 - 107.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
4 Atk Sandslash Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Plusle: 186-218 (57.4 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Camerupt Lava Plume vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Plusle: 90-106 (27.7 - 32.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Minum can do the same roll but more bulky.
Set-up Minum
Minun
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Charge Beam
- Baton Pass
- Protect

Fully Defensive Minum:
Minun
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Wish
- Counter
- Volt Switch

So I looked at Plusle and Minun's moves and they had some interesting things to work with...

Mega Plusle
Ability: No Guard
Item: Pluslenite
Stats: 60/50/40/85/75/95 ==> 60/90/60/95/95/105 (0/+40/+20/+10/+20/+10)

So both Plusle and Minun both have a very interesting move that I think many people, myself included, totally forget that they had: Dynamic Punch. With No Guard and the increases in offenses, Plusle will be able to fire off 100% accurate Thunders, Dynamic Punches, and even Iron Tails, which will prove to be a great boon to it with the 100% confusion rate on Dynamic Punch. I didn't add very much speed, just so that it wouldn't be able to spam Dynamic Punch on everything, and while 105 is a great speed tier to be in in NU, it isn't among the fastest of the fast. With the increased bulk, it'll be able to survive a few more neutral hits, especially on the special side, but overall it isn't enough to make it shoot out of NU.

Mega Minun
Ability: Simple
Item: Minunite
Stats: 60/40/50/75//80/95 ==> 80/60/70/75/130/85 (+20/+20/+20/0/+50/-10)

With increses in all of its defenses Mega Minun would be able to survive quite a few hits, and is only helped out in its survivability by the fact that it has access to Wish, though that isn't what it'll be using most of the time. Though its survivability is helped immensly, the main draw of this Mega is Simple combined with Nasty Plot, as it shoots Minun's Special Attack up to monstrous levels almost immediately. At maximum investment, with a positive nature, after a single Nasty Plot Mega Minun would reach 1092 Special Attack, something that no other Pokemon in NU can claim to accomplish with a single turn of setup. The downside to this Mega, barring the obvious lack of item, is the fact that its Speed has taken a hit, and while 85 isn't terrible, there are certainly many Pokemon who could take advantage of it. The other downside is that, even with a +4 Mega Minun you won't be able to one shot eveything in the tier, some of the Special walls still stand firm. Some calcs, keeping in mind that most people will run Timid due to the speed drop:

+4 252 SpA Minun Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Dragalge: 96-113 (28.7 - 33.8%) -- 98.6% chance to 4HKO after Black Sludge recovery
+4 252 SpA Minun Signal Beam vs. 252 HP / 136+ SpD Eviolite Roselia: 107-126 (35.1 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+4 252 SpA Minun Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0+ SpD Regice: 151-178 (41.4 - 48.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+4 252 SpA Minun Signal Beam vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Uxie: 262-310 (74 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It's able to manhandle these walls pretty well, but not OHKO them outright, and his defense is still quite sub-par, able to get destroyed by Archeops, Kangaskhan and the like with only a few blows. A very powerful Mega, but ultimately its lowered speed and still sub-par Defense hinders it and makes it so that it wouldn't shoot straight out of NU.

Well OK then, So concludes another week. Nice Megas made by all IMO, defineatley some possibilities here

As for our next Mon, we're gonna re-visit those feels from DPP and with Mega Beedrill recently confirmed, theres a good chance this might actually happen ;o

Mothim
Bug/Flying type
Abilities: Swarm, Tinted Lense
Stats: 70/94/50/94/50/66
Totally didnt choose it because its my favourite mon but w/e

I feel like Mothim has decent potential in NU but is really outclassed by the other bugs, such as Vivilon, so there isn't much reason to use it. It's one niche is being a semi-decent wall-breaker with Choice Specs+Tinted lense, but its lack-luster speed stat and poor defenses leaves it vulnerable to pretty much everything. What do you guys think Mothim should become when/if it megas? How would you make it better and more viable in the NU metagame?

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
fine, I'll bite the bullet.

Mothim:
Bug/Dragon type (super original right)
Ability: Tinted Lens
Stats: 70 / 104 / 60 / 124 / 50 / 126
Stats: +0 / +10 / +0 / +30 / +0 / +60

Fast, has a niche as a hard-hitting hit-and-run mon with U-turn and Bug Buzz. Lack of Tinted Lens DracoMeteor is obviously a drag, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Unfortunately being weak to rocks is never great as a mon who likes to abuse U-turn, but at least defog makes rock removal easier.

Mothim @Mothimite
Naive Nature
4 Atk / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
- Bug Buzz
- Dragon Pulse (just pretend kthx)
- U-Turn
- Hidden Power [x] / Roost / Filler

Still mediocre, but at least it has a niche and some use :]

edit: omg 500th message. I'd like to thank my mom, and my goldfish. all my frens suck :]

Mega Mothim
Type: Bug/Psychic
70/64/85/123/85/97 (0/-30/+35/+29/+35/+31)

The Tinted Lens + Bug + Psychic combo has perfect neutral coverage, and with buffed defenses plus speed Mothim can set up Quiver Dances easier than before. Just like Volc, you can run a bulky QD set with QD + Roost + STABs or an offensive set, although the latter set will face competition from Vivillon and Liligant who have stronger STABs and have higher initial speed + Sleep Powder to mitigate bulk issue, but Mothim's 2 move coverage definitely differentiates itself enough from the 2 other QDers to be viable.

Psychic typing also helps it defensively by losing the 4x rocks weakness while retaining the 4x Fight resist and gaining a Psychic resist, allowing it to take advantage of choice locked Fighting types and Mesprit to set up easily. This makes Mothim discourage Fighting spam and become a good Mesprit check in general.

Last edited:
That is an interesting choice because I have never had to deal with this thing like ever.

Mega Mothim
Type: Bug/Flying -> Bug
Ability: Second Storage (Attacks that need to charge don't take a turn. Examples: Giga Impact, Solar Beam, Hyper Beam)
Stats: 70 / 94 / 110 / 104 / 100 / 46 (0 / 0 / +60 / +10 / +50 / -20)
My reasoning, we don't need more Quiver Dancer that compete against each other (and it would be broken), so I am ruining its speed so it does not even try to do so (I know, I am evil).
Instead, it will get more boost to its bulk and gain an ability that makes its movepool more relevant and other not so relevant moves.
The reason I removed Flying Typing is for the reason: Stealth Rocks, more weaknesses, no STAB that is worth it (Air Slash rlly?)

A potencial set would look like this:

Mothra@Mothimite
Ability: Whatever, it will change anyways
Nature: Quiet
States: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Atk
- Bug Buzz
- Hyper Beam/Giga Impact
- Solar Beam
- U-Turn/Roost/Defog

Random Calcs when it is attacking
252+ SpA Mothim Hyper Beam vs. 52 HP / 0 SpD Slurpuff: 195-230 (61.3 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mothim Hyper Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pyroar: 215-254 (68.6 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mothim Hyper Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Magmortar: 160-189 (54.7 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mothim Hyper Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Tauros: 229-270 (78.6 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mothim Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Uxie: 216-254 (61 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mothim Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Uxie: 168-198 (47.4 - 55.9%) -- 78.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Mothim Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 6 SpD Golduck: 294-348 (80.7 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Nothing wants to switch into this monster. Just like I used to say in the old Red/Blue/Yellow games "Hyper Beam everything".

Mega-Mothim
Type: Bug/Flying -> Bug/Rock
Ability: Levitate
Stats: 70/94/50/94/50/66 -> 70/104/80/104/80/86 (+0/+10/+30/+10/+30/+20)
Just a better all around pokemon, and bug/rock while floating could be a cool design..

I'm gonna pull a mega Beedrill here and do this:

Mothim
Bug/Flying type

Mothim-Mega
Flying/Rock type
Ability: Chlorophyll
Stats: 70/114/20/114/80/106

At first you can see this pokemon won't be able to take any priority or for that matter any physical hits and that is what balances out its other qualities however the 106 base speed is very useful due to it being way above average in the meta and in addition to this it gets the ability Chlorophyll to further boost its speed. I also wanted to give it equal attack stats because I feel its similar to something like Xerneas-a pokemon that's special side is used more often than physical just because it has a certain move, in this case Quiver Dance. These are just my ideas anyways, an overall summary would be that this pokemon is more rounded and in doing so allows it to be more versatile and offensive in NU.

I'm gonna pull a mega Beedrill here and do this:

Mothim
Bug/Flying type

Mothim-Mega
Flying/Rock type
Ability: Chlorophyll
Stats: 70/114/20/114/80/106

At first you can see this pokemon won't be able to take any priority or for that matter any physical hits and that is what balances out its other qualities however the 106 base speed is very useful due to it being way above average in the meta and in addition to this it gets the ability Chlorophyll to further boost its speed. I also wanted to give it equal attack stats because I feel its similar to something like Xerneas-a pokemon that's special side is used more often than physical just because it has a certain move, in this case Quiver Dance. These are just my ideas anyways, an overall summary would be that this pokemon is more rounded and in doing so allows it to be more versatile and offensive in NU.
Why would I want to use this mega though? Not only can it not take priority at all which is pretty common with Gatr, Kabutops, and Hariyama around, it also doesn't have access to the much better tinted lens that normal Mothim has which makes it hit harder than this mega Mothim on resisted hits.

Mega Mothim.jpg
Shiny:
Mega Mothim Shiny.jpg
note: Yes I know its missing 1 wing on each side but im too lazy to redo them. Just enjoy :]
Mega Mothim
Ability: Aroma Veil
Mega Stats: 70/94/50/94/50/66 ------> 70/74/100/80/110/40

New Moves: Stun Spore,Sleep powder,Confuse ray,taunt,wish and aromatherapy
Most people thing with a mega is more power, more attackers to my team. My idea with mega Mothim is too make it more bulky, and not the expect mega pokemon with +30 in each offensive stat. With armoma Veil it wont be able to be taunted and can freely set up a Quiver Dance and baton pass. Which would still give it some offensive presence.

Mega Mothim

Bug/Dark (Mothman?)
Mega Stats: 70/94/50/94/50/66 -----> 70/104 (+10)/70 (+20)/114 (+20)/80 (+30)/86 (+20)
(Sorry if format was wrong for this, just used to the way we do it in most OMs)
Speed Boost
+Dark Pulse, +Sleep Powder, +Nature Power, +Nasty Plot, +Future Sight

Potential Sets:
Mothim @Mothimite
Ability: w/e who cares
252 Spe/252 SpA/4 Def
-Protect
-Bug Buzz
-Nasty Plot/Sleep Powder
-Either coverage or Dark Pulse for dual STAB
too OP?

All right guys, once again some really nice thoughts and ideas here, as well as some genuinely great concepts!
For our next and final week, we'll be looking at:

Luxray
Electric Type
Abilities: Rivalry, Intimidate, Guts
Stats: 80/120/79/95/79/70
Luxray is mostly a physical attacker, usually with Guts+Flame orb or a Choiced. It's decent attack stat is quite a lot better than top threats such as Feraligatr, Mesperit and Kangaskhan however, it lacks the ability to boost its stats like Gatr and Kang, and pales compared to Mesperits versatility. Its mediocre defenses coupled with a low speed stat are its true downfall however, being out-sped by most other threats in the tier makes it unpopular and for the most part, outclassed by Electivire. With similar moove pools, identical typing and similar stats, there are no apparent reasons to use Luxray over 'Vire, and then again not many reasons to use 'Vire over other physical threats such which can do the job better.

How would you make Luxray be able to rival the top tier physical threats in NU without making it to OP for the tier?

Last edited:
Mega Luxray
Type: Electric/Fighting
Ability: Vital Spirit
Item: Luxrite
Stats: 80/120/79/95/79/70 ==> 110/140/109/115/109/50 (+30/+20/+30/+20/+30/-20)

It's hard to throw 100 extra stats at Luxray without breaking him, but lowering his speed really helps a lot. The extra bulk makes him able to take hits much easier on both ends, and he's able to hit hard from the physical or special side, though he'd be much more suited to wallbreaking than anything. The addition of the Fighting type would really differentiate him from Electivire, who has the less reliable Cross Chop and without the STAB as well, while Luxray would be able to throw out STAB Superpowers and then Volt Switch out. I'm afraid that maybe this would definitely drag it out of NU, but without the Fighting type you can't really do much for Luxray other than give him a massive attack boost.

Set:
Luxray @Luxrite
Ability: Intimidate (Vital Spirit)
252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Sp. Def
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Volt Switch

Another way you could go, something that would make Mega Luxray worse, but keep him in NU is to give him Dark type instead of Fighting, but I'll let another few people throw out those ideas before I toss another one out there.

Mega Luxray @ Luxrite:

Initial: 80/120/79/95/79/70 Electric
New: 80/140/119/95/89/100 Electric/Dark
Changes: 0/+20/+40/0/+10/+30

New Ability: Electricate( Electric-type version of Pixilate, better name needed :p)

With the given Stat increases, Luxray turns into one of the tier's bulkiest attackers(physically), as with a pre-mega Intimidate and the bulk boosts given, M-Luxray can survive most attacks thrown at it - 80/119 physical bulk is quite high, and a sample calc shows how bulky it is even without intimidate:

252 Atk Kangaskhan Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Luxray: 152-180 (50.3 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The corresponding Attack Boost is high, but ensures it will not be OP(and considering the lack of item, it's not as good) - the speed boost allows it to outspeed all the base 95s, and the ability change allows it to run a better STAB without Recoil, allowing it to maintain some bulk.

Sample Set:
M-Luxray@Luxrite
Ability: Electricate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Return
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Ice Fang

Mega Luxray

Electric/Dark
Tough Claws

80/120/79/95/79/70 ---> 80/150 (+30)/109 (+30)/115 (+20)/99 (+30)/60 (-10)

Sample Set:
Luxray @Luxrite
Ability: Intimidate
-Crunch
-Ice Fang
-Wild Charge
-Superpower (or you could go mixed)

offler pls do cacturne next

Last edited:
I have to keep telling myself "No, this is for NU. No Huge Jaws with Dark Typing on Luxray".

Mega Luxray
Ability: Motor Drive (<- gotta go fast)
Stats: 80/150/109/110/74/100 (0/+30/+30/+15/-5/+30)

It does not matter what I think about, Luxray seems broken so I choose the most disappointing Electric Type I used, E-Vire, as a basic structure to build a balanced Mega for NU.

Luxray@Luxraynite
Ability: Intiminate (<-increasing bulk)
Nature: Naive
252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
- Protect (<- to gain speed)
- Ice Fang/Hidden Power Ice
- Wild Charge
- Thunder Bolt/Superpower/Crunch/Volt Switch

A typical mixed offensive 'mon.

Luxray@Luxraynite
Ability: Intiminate
Nature: Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
- Toxic
- Rest
- Roar
- Thunder Bolt

I guess such a defensive set is pretty difficult to use, but still can pull off some stuff. With Cleric Support it can get ride of Sleep Status and if your team has wish support, you can ditch Rest for a coverage move instead.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
Initial: 80/120/79/95/79/70 - Electric
New: 80/152/90/80/90/131 - Electric
Change: 0/+32/+11/-15/+11/+61
Ability: Electrate

Luxray @ Luxrite
Jolly Nature
4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Superpower
- Howl / Ice Fang

Bigger. Better. Faster. Bulkier. Stronger. Ready to prove to you all why you have those nostalgic feelings for it. It's Mega Luxray :]

Basically, outspeeds every non-scarfed / non mega pokemon in the game. Hits like a truck with Electrate + Return + 152 Attack. Quick Attack is used as we finally have that priority electric move we've wanted for so long. Superpower is one of the best filler moves you have, and the last slot can be used to either a] make you terrifyingly strong, or b] allow you to hit Grass / Ground types super-effectively.

Basically, it's the mega we've always wanted. Sorry to all those Dark / Electric fanboys, it's just not a good type. :[

Last edited:

Luxray @ Luxrite
Jolly Nature
4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Superpower
- Howl / Ice Fang

Bigger. Better. Faster. Bulkier. Stronger. Ready to prove to you all why you have those nostalgic feelings for it. It's Mega Luxray :]

Basically, outspeeds every non-scarfed / non mega pokemon in the game. Hits like a truck with Electrate + Return + 152 Attack. Quick Attack is used as we finally have that priority electric move we've wanted for so long. Superpower is one of the best filler moves you have, and the last slot can be used to either a] make you terrifyingly strong, or b] allow you to hit Grass / Ground types super-effectively.

Basically, it's the mega we've always wanted. Sorry to all those Dark / Electric fanboys, it's just not a good type. :[
Vote 4 UU pls

Mega Luxray
Abilities: Rivalry, Intimidate, Guts -> Lightning rod
Stats: 80/120/79/95/79/70 -> 80/135/89/135/89/95

This would probably make him broken, but I couldnt think of anything better

I think 131 base speed would be way OP for NU! But I like the Electrate idea except for the name.

Mega Luxray
Abilities: Rivalry, Intimidate, Guts -> Lightning rod
Stats: 80/120/79/95/79/70 -> 80/135/89/135/89/95
I like this! If Lightning Rod is too OP why not Strong Jaw? Boost Crunch, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang etc...

Can the next Poke be Ledian? (S)he needs a Mega BADLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)