Gen 6 Dice's Team Repository (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I actually think an example of one of the teams which does struggle with Geomancy Xerneas to some extent is the Ho-Oh webs team. Rocks+GeoXern pretty much wins, as GeoXern does get a free set up on Groudon, which I suppose could be played around sometimes but basically it means that you cannot get rocks up and you cannot use Groudon to check anything which makes you weaker to a lot of physical attackers like Zekrom and Ekiller. It's not impossible to beat, but it's definitely difficult and I'm curious to see what the counterplay would be.

I actually think an example of one of the teams which does struggle with Geomancy Xerneas to some extent is the Ho-Oh webs team. Rocks+GeoXern pretty much wins, as GeoXern does get a free set up on Groudon, which I suppose could be played around sometimes but basically it means that you cannot get rocks up and you cannot use Groudon to check anything which makes you weaker to a lot of physical attackers like Zekrom and Ekiller. It's not impossible to beat, but it's definitely difficult and I'm curious to see what the counterplay would be.
The trick is getting rocks up in the first place vs the build with the speed control and the fact Blastoise beats just about every common sr setter one v one. If shit really hits the fan, then yeah, be careful with what you do with donner. You can also abuse the lowered acc of Thunder under sun if it tries to setup on donner.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn't call "216+ Atk Groudon Earthquake vs. 104 HP / 32 Def Xerneas: 198-234 (47.2 - 55.8%) -- 77.7% chance to 2HKO" free set up anyways. But even then, Xerneas needs to be running Psyshock to reliably KO the Ho-Oh that will follow and potentially roast it with sun boosted Sacred Fire after. Remember that Thunder will only KO Ho-Oh 50% of the time if Xerneas decide to set up on Groudon. This is assuming Stealth Rock can be gotten up against the team anyways which will hardly ever be the case since Blastoise is that much of a monster.

Just to be safe, this thread won't be deleted right? I personally look forward to trying out some of these teams. They look fun :]

update:

Groudon @ Lum Berry
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 236 Def / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 168 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Geomancy
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance
- Refresh

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Protect
- Knock Off

i wanted to make a blaziken offense; it's a great nuke in sun and thus groudon is a given. thundurus allows me to have an answer to hazards / xerneas on a heavily hyper offensive based build with priority and also a nice ground immunity. refresh ekiller fits nicely to help against stall and also arceus-ghost. xerneas also appreciates sun with its hidden power fire and can match up well against palkia and yveltal. palkia's set is odd but dual status in fantastic on sun, especially one that has a slight weakness to arceus-electric otherwise. the biggest weaknesses to this team are the rare arceus-fairy and blaziken kinda, but the latter is overwhelmed by priority and thunder wave (i have groudon to check it if i'm desperate too) and the former can't really set up on anything. this is a pretty solid offense and a great ladder team if you're going for reqs

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Great teams man, it's real good of you to share them with us all too so thanks for that.

Is there any way to utilise Reshiram effectively this generation? I loved it with it's nuking capacities last gen but with no more perma-weather and the advent of Fairy types it seems to have fallen out of favour. I'm guessing the best way to use it is obviously under sun which necessitates Groudon, then adding a solid Kyogre check is a must with those two, and then Defog support for Reshiram to be able to come in without incurring 25% each time. From there you still need Xern checks, and the end result is I usually end up with a pretty meh team. I just wondered if you had any suggestions, thanks.

Last edited:
hi and thanks DM35. i'm not particularly keen on reshiram........ i suppose its best niche is being a pretty decent nuke while checking arc elec HOWEVER it doesn't have much over other fire types. charizard-x has pretty much the same niche while being much more threatening, albeit not being able to use a choice item. i guess it just comes down to the fact that reshiram is kinda a menial fire-type. blaziken, victini, or ho-oh are either more helpful synergy wise or more threatening. i do not think reshiram would work effectively. sorry =/

Don't listen to Princess "negative nancy" Bri! If
a player as shitty as Melee Mewtwo can make worthless garbage like Chesnaught work then there's no reason a monster like Reshiram wouldn't tear the metagame to shreds with a bit of support even if it makes your "build" a bit less ~optimal~ or whatever. Get out there and fucking nuke some shit. Shoot for the stars bro

Hi dice very cool teams thx for sharing bro. Speaking of charizard x could u build a team around it as it really hits hard in the sun. Zard x is a pretty cool mon to build around especially the Swords Dance set.

Actually I would like to see interesting Charizard Y as I think it's one of the most interesting special attackers around and may act as a good Kyogre/Water Arceus lure. And I'll join in and say that I really like your team ideas, especially the one with Blastoise. It's good to see something as underrated as Blastoise gaining some attention.

Actually I would like to see interesting Charizard Y as I think it's one of the most interesting special attackers around and may act as a good Kyogre/Water Arceus lure. And I'll join in and say that I really like your team ideas, especially the one with Blastoise. It's good to see something as underrated as Blastoise gaining some attention.
Lol, he built one yesterday. It's Zard Y, Ho-Oh, Water Arc, Gdon, Scarf Xern, Goth. Idk if what the spreads he uses are, though, or if he made changes / decided it was a bad team.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Lol, he built one yesterday. It's Zard Y, Ho-Oh, Water Arc, Gdon, Scarf Xern, Goth. Idk if what the spreads he uses are, though, or if he made changes / decided it was a bad team.
I asked Dice a while back (a few months ago, I think) what Char-Y's niche was, and he stated it was alongside Ho-Oh and Donner - as the topic's come back up, a little bit more elaboration would be great.

Also - Dice, do you still have that Char-X team you used against me when I used my Char-Y team? DDance Char-X seems quite interesting...

Groudon @ Lum Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 236 Def / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Roar

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Atk / 52 SpD / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Sleep Talk
- Earthquake

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 76 Atk / 248 SpA / 184 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Slide
- Aromatherapy
- Megahorn
- Moonblast

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Defog

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Judgment
- Recover

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Trick Room
- Rest
- Psyshock

Kejmur and Aenonar here's my zard-y team. basically, zard-y gives a sun team a nuke which can maintain sun; this allows a more hyper offensive sun build like this to skimp out of another xerneas check because of thunder's accuracy being reduced. and yes, zard-y is running defog. it seems kinda strange but in reality it is mainly forcing threats out (think: land-t, groudon) so it only defogs as a last measure to help ho-oh check xern. gothitelle traps the bulky arceus that would check zard-y otherwise and can checkmate choiced ogre. arceus-water is for the water resist and ho-oh check mainly. it just fits really well on a lot of sun teams. scarf xerneas here is because i felt weak to mewtwo, and it can fit on aromatherapy so gothitelle / arc-water don't have to run heal bell or refresh respectively. maybe using a different move on xerneas and using heal bell gothitelle is ideal. i am not sure as i have never used this team before. try it out and give suggestions. i'm open ears.

yo cool teams etc etc but could you please tell me what 128 spe giro is for? you dont outspeed anything notable bar like suuuuper huge creep on base 90's with the only relevant one being ho-oh so is it for that one? afaik geoxern doesnt run 0 speed ev's.

i fixed minor issues like having toxic vs heal block on klefki, sub vs taunt on gengar, etc. from testing and rethinking the team on a redundancy / coverage standpoint. most teams had a slight ev or move change, but nothing major to note

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
On the second team listed, why does it have SR + Spikes and Defog on the team? I feel that is a bit counterproductive when trying to control hazards, as there is nothing SR weak on the team and it would hurt the team more to clear the spikes / rocks set by klefki and dialga. Is there something you would recommend as a replacement for Giratina-O in that team? I know you really like that mon, but I dont think it fits the team structure well.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
On the second team listed, why does it have SR + Spikes and Defog on the team? I feel that is a bit counterproductive when trying to control hazards, as there is nothing SR weak on the team and it would hurt the team more to clear the spikes / rocks set by klefki and dialga. Is there something you would recommend as a replacement for Giratina-O in that team? I know you really like that mon, but I dont think it fits the team structure well.
I don't really think the problem lies in Giratina-O itself, since it does importantly check Blaziken among other things, but if you are so worried about counter-productivity with defog+spikes stack, you could always run something else in that moveslot instead, like Stone Edge to lure Ho-Oh or something.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
One thing about Klefki and Dialga is that they aren't suicide hazard users so they have the opportunity to come in and get up a Spike here or there (vs like Xern, Yveltal, etc). In some situations you can handle hazards on your side as long as there are hazards up on the opponent's side, etc. Basically Keys mostly doesn't mind its Spikes being gone because it will get more opportunities and later in the game you can Spike up as you sack it due to Prankster.

spikes + defog isn't that counterproductive. sure, you lose more momentum if you have spikes up and defog as opposed to just a -1 with sr. however, if you're spiking, you're putting yourself in a position where you're being far more aggressive and you often are forcing your opponent to attempt defogging themselves prevent their pokemon from being weakened. if you're using defog on the team yourself, you're typically being far more passive and you're not going to risk klefki to set spikes as often. i find that spikes + defog is never a taboo as you're typically doing one of the other more frequently depending on the matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)