Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if Parental Bond was nerfed?
Why would it have been? Have we been given any indication that it should be? Remember, balance is done for VGC format, which means doubles; Mega Kangaskhan a fixture of the doubles metagame, but it's not as unmanageable as it is in singles.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have playing the ORAS demo for a while (since Saturday c:), and must have gone through it about 30 times but i havent unlocked the so called 'secret mission', does anyone know how to unlock it?

Why would it have been? Have we been given any indication that it should be? Remember, balance is done for VGC format, which means doubles; Mega Kangaskhan a fixture of the doubles metagame, but it's not as unmanageable as it is in singles.
I believe one of the game developers or somebody mentioned it might be nerfed, that's why people are asking about it. Personally I hope it doesn't because it's not like M-Kanga is completely and totally unmanageable, but whatever.

Where the heck do I go to watch the proof videos people are linking. How does the posting of a code like "CHTG-WWWW-WWW8-TFLX" help me find or play the video?

Where the heck do I go to watch the proof videos people are linking. How does the posting of a code like "CHTG-WWWW-WWW8-TFLX" help me find or play the video?
Open your Vs Recorder from your Bag. If you're connected to the Internet, you'll have the option of searching for a battle video by entering the code.

Is it possible for the Dream Ball Plusle and Minun obtained in Gen 5's dream world to have their Hidden Abilities of Lightning Rod and Volt Absorb when bred in gen 6? Since they didn't have hidden abilities in gen 5

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Is it possible for the Dream Ball Plusle and Minun obtained in Gen 5's dream world to have their Hidden Abilities of Lightning Rod and Volt Absorb when bred in gen 6? Since they didn't have hidden abilities in gen 5
No, it is not possible. There was no hidden ability flag in gen 5 for these pokemon, so any dream ball+HA versions are definitely hacked (or the product of hacked parents).

Bulbapedia said:
A Pokémon that is infatuated cannot attack 50% of the time, even against Pokémon other than the one it is infatuated with.
This applies to Double/Triple battles, yes? What about Rotation battles? Say my Kanga is infatuated with a Sylveon, if Sylveon rotates away, will the above apply to the now active Pokemon? Or will it just apply to Sylveon, if it rotates back?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
This applies to Double/Triple battles, yes? What about Rotation battles? Say my Kanga is infatuated with a Sylveon, if Sylveon rotates away, will the above apply to the now active Pokemon? Or will it just apply to Sylveon, if it rotates back?
It will stay infatuated until the Sylveon faints or it switches out.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Is it possible to completely max all contest stats in Gen III with only two GBAs and R/S/E carts?

I have playing the ORAS demo for a while (since Saturday c:), and must have gone through it about 30 times but i havent unlocked the so called 'secret mission', does anyone know how to unlock it?
It's random after you beat Expert Theodore. Here's the fastest way:
Start the demo.
Talk to Steven, ask to go on an adventure.
If he says this:
It looks as though running them off once wasn’t enough. That foolish team is back and causing more trouble. Orlando, I’ll ask for your assistance once more.
You have the mission (and it will have its own option after you beat it once in Steven's dialogue).
If Steven doesn't say that when you ask to go on an adventure, soft reset (L+R+Start) and try again.

While this is the fastest way to do this, the time it takes can vary depending on how lucky you are. For some, it took them only 5-10 minutes of resetting the demo while others took 4 hours.
Good luck.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's random after you beat Expert Theodore. Here's the fastest way:
Start the demo.
Talk to Steven, ask to go on an adventure.
If he says this:

You have the mission (and it will have its own option after you beat it once in Steven's dialogue).
If Steven doesn't say that when you ask to go on an adventure, soft reset (L+R+Start) and try again.

While this is the fastest way to do this, the time it takes can vary depending on how lucky you are. For some, it took them only 5-10 minutes of resetting the demo while others took 4 hours.
Good luck.
Thanks for the info. I talked to stephen quite a lot (i have done missions at least 50 times, also soft reset'd a ton). I was just hoping something would spark it (like if you beat theodore 10 times, or when you go through every island)

If a Pokemon has an ability that makes Normal moves a different type (Refrigerate, Pixilate, etc) do you use the Normal Gem, or a theoretical-in-gen6 gem of the type?

When you get a Diancie from the Mystery Gift woman in X and Y, a little scene occurs where a duo asks if you want to give up your new legendary Pokémon. What happens if you say sure?

Anyone else loving patch 1.3 AntiHack meassurements?

Anyways I had a small question regarding priority quash. Does it make other +1 priority users go last under trick room or it just sends them to the slowest tier of the +1 speed while retaining priority?

Anyone else loving patch 1.3 AntiHack meassurements?

Anyways I had a small question regarding priority quash. Does it make other +1 priority users go last under trick room or it just sends them to the slowest tier of the +1 speed while retaining priority?
Trick Room only affects turn order based on speed, not priority. A user of Extreme Speed will still go before an opponent using Sucker Punch, but if both were to use Quick Attack, the faster of the two would go last.

Trick Room only affects turn order based on speed, not priority. A user of Extreme Speed will still go before an opponent using Sucker Punch, but if both were to use Quick Attack, the faster of the two would go last.
I was asking about quash with a prankster user on trick room against other priority users, lets say talonflame. I was curious about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)