XY OU Analysis Reservation Index - READ CAREFULLY (MAKING A NEW THREAD)

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
alright so im an avid user of the infamous pinsirmag core and decided to try a team with magneton over magnezone to be able to check faster threats such as jolly t flame, greninja, torn t, and other things im forgetting off the top of my head. it still 2hkoes ferro and sciz with hp fire while still having a respectable base 120 spatk stat. the scarf set has a viable niche over scarf magnezone, and i feel like an analysis for a c+ mon is justified. if thats the case, then id like to do it.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is it really necessary to write an analysis for Magneton when its only viable set is literally a carbon copy of Magnezone's Scarf Set? I think a simple mention of Magneton as an option of Magnezone on its analysis would be enough.

Incidentally, I've been trying out Lanturn quite a bit, and it's really impressed me by how consistently it deals with certain threats (best answer to Electric-types in general in the tier pretty much), all the while providing Heal Bell support, switching into Greninja (particularly HP Fire variants, which makes it a pretty solid partner for Ferrothron since you have your ground covered vs Greninja really well) and obviously providing slow pivot duties, but instead of switching into Physical threats like Rotom-W does, it's more there to deal with specially offensive Pokemon. You may laugh this one off but I'd recommend people try it out, since I feel like it's a legitimate option of a few balanced/bulky offensive teams, and the only reason it isn't used at all is because people simply don't think of it. I'd like to write up an analysis for it if that's okay.

Last edited:

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
my vote is no for magneton because its entire niche is outspeeding greninja with a choice scarf and that is not enough to give it an analysis... zone can take a hit anyways and is typically in drag fairy steel cores anyways so there is another greninja answer.

i'll test out lanturn

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Azelf analysis is done btw, just wanted to let people know because it's been finished for a couple of weeks now.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
my vote is no for magneton because its entire niche is outspeeding greninja with a choice scarf and that is not enough to give it an analysis... zone can take a hit anyways and is typically in drag fairy steel cores anyways so there is another greninja answer.

i'll test out lanturn
Scarf Magneton outspeeds much more than just Greninja that Magnezone can't, namely Jolly Talonflame, Scarf Tyranitar, Scarf Adamant Diggersby, +1 Dragonite, +1 Mega Gyarados, Tornadus-T, +2 Modest Mega Ampharos (Agility sets), Weavile, Azelf, Mega Houndoom, and Starmie, and is definitely deserving of an analysis.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Scarf Magneton outspeeds much more than just Greninja that Magnezone can't, namely Jolly Talonflame, Scarf Tyranitar, Scarf Adamant Diggersby, +1 Dragonite, +1 Mega Gyarados, Tornadus-T, +2 Modest Mega Ampharos (Agility sets), Weavile, Azelf, Mega Houndoom, and Starmie, and is definitely deserving of an analysis.
So is that a yes to Magneton then?

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
im sorry, but its in the list of rejected pokemon
I'm pretty sure he asked Jukain if he could write the analysis. Just because its currently on the list of rejected pokemon doesnt mean someone cant write an analysis for it. There was some discussion recently of Toxicroaks viability in the OU metagame, which is why he asked. Dont act like you're a moderator here or something, leave stuff like that to people like Jukain and Alexwolf.

I'm pretty sure he asked Jukain if he could write the analysis. Just because its currently on the list of rejected pokemon doesnt mean someone cant write an analysis for it. There was some discussion recently of Toxicroaks viability in the OU metagame, which is why he asked. Dont act like you're a moderator here or something, leave stuff like that to people like Jukain and Alexwolf.
just saying something, im not acting like a moderator lmao... but ok

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I was wondering if Life Orb 3 Attacks + Taunt Gengar and Spikes Ferrothorn should be included in their respective analyses. If so, I'd be happy to do them :]

Requesting that Cobalion receives an analysis. Its one of the best switch-ins to Bisharp for offensive and Volturn teams and can keep Fairy-types such as Mega Gardevoir and Clefable in check with its secondary STAB move Iron Head. I think this is enough to warrant it an analysis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)