XY OU Mega-Gardevoir and Sceptile (This will be Interesting)

What changes would you make to the team?

• Change Zapdos maybe

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Change Crunch on T-tar for T-Wave

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

This team is made around a personal favorite, Mega-Gardevoir, and a pokemon none see coming, Sceptile. The team is made to start slow, exterminate offensive threats, and then clean up with Mega-Gardevoir and Sceptile. I mainly like how much damage this team does after any stealth rock or residual damage. It also doesn't suffer to much from SR so I doesn't need a spinner. This is my first RMT so please tell me how to improve.

Sweeper #1

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

Mega-Gardevoir is really powerful, because nothing in the game that isn't steal wants to take a Hyper Voice from it other than Chancy and Blissey. It will normally always be my win condition in battles. Against offensive teams it normally gets 1 or 2 kills if I get a free switch into it. However this is the purpose of the rest of the team, to kill/hinder offensive pokemon. I choose Timid Nature over Modest because I don't want to risk getting outsped and taking unnecessary damage. I run calm mind because Chancy is a normal switch-in and a plus 1 psyshock will 2-hit KO it. Lastly HP Fire hits all steal pokemon people swich-in other than Heatran.

Sweeper #2
Sceptile (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Next up is an unexpected monster that kills a lot of powerful pokemon. Life Orb Sceptile is normaly only seen in RU and NU, but with HP Fire it becomes a big threat. It can handle Ferrothorn if switched-in, KO Landurus-T after SR, and KO Terrakion no matter what. I mainly use it because it can handle a lot of pokemon Gardevoir can't. However it is never a good switch-in on any attack, this is probably why its not any higher than RU.

Sweeper #3

Azumarill (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch

I really needed a powerfull physical attacker that could handle Heatran and threaten out pokemon blocking my main sweepers. Bulky Azumarill does this great as the sitrus berry fools the opponent into thinking its Belly Drum. So they don't expect the ice punch to come and kill lando after intimidate or dragonite after SR, because they don't think I have it. Also I really needed the priority of Aqua Jet because I don't have any other priority on the team.
Wall #1

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge

I chose T-tar for my special defensive wall to get residual damage on my opponents so my sweepers can finish them. But the biggest reason is to Pursuit trap ghost types such as Gengar. Ghost types are the biggest threat to my Gardevoir because most ether out speed it or just will not die to it. This is the price I pay for not using Shadow Ball on Gardevoir but I don't regret it. Because T-tar is also good against Latios and Latias, alowing me to avoid damage on my main sweepers due to being out-sped. Stone Edge is my strongest move for T-tar so I run it for damage. Ice Beam is a nice surprise for in coming Landos and Gliscor.

Wall #2

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Mew is my biggest wall, which is ironic considering its the smallest pokemon on the team. It is fully physically defensive to eat up powerfull hits from Garchomp, Lando, and knock-off users. Knock Off and Will-O-Wisp are really good for crippling powerful pokemon. Roost is used to stay alive after taking these powerful hits. The main reason I use Mew is for the Stealth Rocks, because the SR normally guarantees my sweepers kills. Its bulkiness is so high that it alone can make the difference between a win or loss. The only physical pokemon I have a problem bringing Mew in on is Bisharp.

Wall #3

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt

Lastly we have a pokemon I've been considering changing but works for now. Physicaly Defencive Zapdos eats a lot more hits than I expected when I first added it to the team. Plus the combination of Toxic and Roost gets good residual damage on annoying walls. I chose Zapdos over any other wall because it gets the move Heat Wave, which hits big threats to my team such as Scizor and Ferrothorn. Also thanks to Pressure, if I really need to, I can PP Stall my opponents walls. I have found that when its to obvious that my lead will be mew, Zapdos will cover Mews weakness as a lead.

And that about covers the team. I suggest that y'all test it out to see what you think of it. Please don't hesitate to give me your opinion and advice. Thank You.

Change HP Fire on M-Voir to Substitute, u'll be able to setup Calm Mind Easily, plus the fact that Hyper Voice hit hard, even when not boosted by Calm Mind and with the Timid Nature, M-Voir is very special bulky, u can just Sub and Setup Calm Mind when vs Special Sweepers or Entry Hazards, she can take Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb without even losing the subs.

+2 252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 304-358 (91 - 107.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

+2 252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 174-205 (49.4 - 58.2%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Put the Belly Drum on Azumarill instead of Ice Punch or Waterfall (cuz Huge Power +6 Aqua Jet it's ridiculous strong already, maybe a Superpower in this set would fit nice)

Think about changing the Toxic or the Heat Wave on Zapdos for Defog, or just change it to a better Defoger/Spinner.

Put Earthquake on Ttar instead of Crunch, if your Azu Dies, Heatran will crush your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)