Smogon Grand Slam III - Playoff Tiebreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OK Pwnemon can you stop giving my freaking team to everyone? (and don't tell me you did half the team, we both know that's a lie, even though KM used your shitty version with shitty SR Jirachi)

ps congrats KratosMana for playing like utter shit with it :(

Stratos

Banned deucer.
OK Pwnemon can you stop giving my freaking team to everyone? (and don't tell me you did half the team, we both know that's a lie, even though KM used your shitty version with shitty SR Jirachi)

ps congrats KratosMana for playing like utter shit with it :(
its my team as much as yours lol, anyways i didnt give it to kratos, someone else did o_o

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well I gave the team to literally only you so anyone else who has it is your fault.

Screw it might as well just put it in sample teams now since apparently all of Smogon has it.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Well I gave the team to literally only you so anyone else who has it is your fault.

Screw it might as well just put it in sample teams now since apparently all of Smogon has it.
don't know why you care so much when the only doubles team that matters is bunny rampage.

Gratz kratos n_n

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
U won ubers?
Alright
doubles: he couldn't win from that point, the TDs can tell, if not just ask a doubles player. btw he timed out with i think 40 or 30 secs left
same thing happens to me in ubers. but in this case, u can tell i dc'd, which is different(you can tell by the obvious fact that i had 150 seconds left), and i had the game(again, ask any ubers player!) or i had a bigass advantage. Now i wanna know what happens in this case, because if smogon really has a rule in where if you dc you lose the game, then i'm quitting smogon. If they don't even give a rematch with different teams(same teams same moves would be the most legit way but w/e), then this makes literally no sense to me, i just have to stop playing because neither my computer or my internet are save all the time. If i keep playing competitive tournaments being able to dc without being able to do anything, and if it counts as a lose, then why would i waste my time rite,,

so yeah, does that really count as a win? if it does, i'm out of this playoffs thing too, i don't wanna play in this community then lol(for the reasons stated above)

I timed out in 3 separate tournament battles battles on smogtours this weekend to the point where I had to fight my smogon tour fights on different servers just to avoid the lag. I don't know what the precedent is but I think we can all agree that this weekend the lag was particularly garbage, to the point that several games were decided by timeout this weekend. I think that given the particularly extreme circumstances, forcing rematches is not horribly out of the question. the fairest in my eyes would be same teams / moves or at least same teams / moves up until the point where time pressure started affecting the plays (i may be mistaken but I do remember meru complaining about this in the doubles game). if not, then at the very least rematches with different teams should be allowed

I don't know the precedent on smogon but I do know what it's like to have the win in your hands and then have it snatched away by a dumb timeout, and I know that the lag was particularly bad for everybody this weekend so imo some rematches should be played. we want the fighter with the best skills to be represented in playoffs, not the fighter with the best internet.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
You're bothering to call Doubles a clean win when it's very clear that I went from having a hefty advantage to making moves to avoid the timer while you were getting your pants ghosted off (which also isnt allowed in tours!!!) whereas you start to care once it happens to you? You had no sympathy for me during that, so why do you deserve sympathy for your match? Knowing the strings idm can pull though you're probably going to get your rematch so rip

bruno

World Defender
if you couldn't avoid the timer, that is your problem. it's very different than a disconnection. if you choke because u are running out of time, that just means you can't play this. also, you have no proof i was ghosted, actually, you are the one who would be, seeing as you couldn't control the time on a simple pokemon match(pretty weird, eh?). you had no way of winning the doubles game(if i'm wrong here, i ask the TDs to see it with competitive doubles players), whether you played it bad because of the time or not, while i had the game at the time i disconnected. it's a very different scenario, you can't compare both lol. and this is not fucking sympathy,,,

From the rules:

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle.
This was clearly a disconnection, so Kratos is entitled to a replay. The reason why Meru wasn't able to request a rematch in game 1 was because he legitimately timed out. "Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. " As much as some would enjoy the karma of Meru winning this way, unfortunately the scenarios are a little different.

The battle will be replayed with same teams and moves. Any changes to teams will result in a lengthy ban. Please get it played soon n_n

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I don't really get how disconnecting is different than lagging but as predicted you managed to pull a rematch out of your ass so I guess we can play tomorrow

Reactions: g

bruno

World Defender
before i go to bed i thought about it / watched the replay, meru can just change the arceus set to anything that beats me since it wasn't revealed while the original arceus from the rmt couldn't touch giratina-o, i know it's a rmt with the same shiny mons and nicks and every single move but he can still do it, so he's forced to use it right? not saying he would do that because i know meru is nice guy but anyone would change it to something that would beat me to get a free win at this point

if not, then i think different teams is the way to go here tbh o.o

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)