Sinnoh Cup II - Playoffs Round 1 (Read post #6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE SINNOH (II) CUP

Battle Rules:
You may use either Pokemon Online or Pokemon Showdown to do your matches.

• TIMED BATTLE CLAUSE REQUIRED! PM me if your opponent times out, and you will get the win. DO NOT allow your opponents to play after they time out.
  • Species Clause. A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffings on his or her team.
  • In the OU environment, you are not allowed to use Pokémon classified as Uber.
  • All tiers are based on Smogon Tiers. The current status of the appropriate standard ladder will function as the prevailing tier list. If you have any question about whether a particular Pokemon is banned or not in any particular tier, reference the "ban list" of the appropriate ladder available on the Pokemon Online server. This is not confusing. There will be no exceptions.
  • Sleep Clause. A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause. A player cannot increase their pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause. Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.
  • Self-KO Clause. Players cannot use moves such as Explosion or Selfdestruct that force a tie. If a move that has recoil damage causes a tie, the user of the move is the winner.
  • Soul Dew Clause. The item Soul Dew is banned in the OU environment.

Congrats to have reached playoffs everyone ! 6 Division Leaders and 2 Wild Cards will now face off to determine the Diamond League Champion, the Pearl League Champion, and eventually the Sinnoh Cup Champion!
Here's the rules for this round:
  • Single Elimination Bracket
  • Brackets will first be separated by league. The winner of each bracket will be named their league's Champion.
  • The two League Champions will then play in a final Championship Match to determine the Sinnoh Cup Champion.
  • Only one game should be played per matchup.
  • All battle clauses from the previous rounds still apply.
And here are the pairings:

Diamond League wild card pool

H-C
vs boudouche
Sweep
vs Honor

Pearl League wild card pool

Alf vs Zebraiken
McMeghan vs Stone_Cold

Playoffs Round 1 Deadline: Sunday, October 26 @ 11:59pm GMT +2. Unless I decide otherwise, there will be no extensions this round. Here is the link of the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...EdnLVwg5Jua0rvoJN61imsnII/edit#gid=1966457640

Have fun !

Last edited:
Some grumpy players want to play in Bo3 format. I'll be clear: I'm not the one who made these rules so stop bitching because "omg omg these rules are so stupid". I hear that every round and it's starting to annoy me, you have no idea.
However, since I understand that Bo3 format is more appropriate for playoffs, I'll allow it if BOTH players agree on that.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Gonna lay down the law now. Contacted McMeghan on multiple platforms, (skype, irc, showdown) and have not gotten a reply yet. I am stating now, I am /not/ waiting to the deadline to do one game. I am /not/ doing a best of 3, and I don't have the time in my schedule to continuously wait. So please get a good team together and let's play soon. Thanks :)

McM agreed that i'd get activity if he doesn't contact me in 4 days. Das 10/23 at 7pm. We are both busy, and I get off work at about 8pm his time everyday making it a hard enough task.

:)

Last edited:

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
where
replays
por favor
loic suce des frites

edit : tg banania celui la je l'ai vu et il pue, je veux voir mcm perdre

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)