Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Is there a way to "reliably" manipulate the game (Emerald) to get alternate or split spreads more constantly? or do I have to be lucky enough to and wait to see one of those two pop up out of nowhere, as usual with Emerald's RNG?
As far as I know, no. What I do (I use an emulator) is generate a list of several spreads (normal, alternate and split) when depositing the parents, generate the egg's PID, and when going for the IVs, try each frame in order until I get the desired spread.

For instance, if frame 3000 gives me my spread using Normal Inheritance and frame 5000 works with Alternate: I go for 3000 first. If I get lucky and Normal occurs with 3000, I'm done. Otherwise I figure out which Inheritance happened and try the next possible frame, in this case 5000. Eventually I get the right spread.

Naturally, using an emulator means I don't have to reset the game everytime I receive the egg - I can just reload the save state. This means that the frame offset between pressing A and actually receiving the egg (usually around 15-30 frames), which normally fluctuates, remains constant (as long as I don't reset). But this could also mean that the game doesn't change which frames will go Normal and which will go Alternate (I believe resetting could change this).

What I've noticed is that Hidden Power spreads, for some reason, take longer to work - that is, for the first few spreads, if Normal would work the game goes with Alternate, and vice-versa - but eventually I also get them right. This very likely could just be bad luck from my part, though.

so I am trying to rng the legendary birds I got my seed etc for a shiny articuno...Whenever I line up my eon timer or something I can't get my coins to equal the seed and I have been doing this for a while any advice am I doing something wrong. Also the time in the regular rng reporter page reads as 0:03.06 and the time on the seed to times sheet reads as 11:58.30 am i doing something wrong here there both the exact same seed. I also have been following the instructions so how can I finally get this seed i have spent a long time at this and I feel like I am messing up here.
It might have to do with the timer IDK help would be appreciated

Last edited:
Hi everybody.
Im trying to RNG a porygon in trophy garden but i think rng reporter is broken. im using seed c40a1a0c (on desmume) and as of now, my porygon should be on frame 32 (quiet 31 x 31 30 31 2). porygon is today's pokemon so it can be either slot 6 or 7.
when i do the necessary advances to 31 and then use honey, i encounter a porygon. yay its quiet.
but when i check the ivs, i get 31 0 0 0 0 2. wth?

does anyone have any advice?

Going after Entei in the Burned Tower because I'm lazy and can't be bothered to beat the Elite 4.

I heard someone say that if you use a European game, the starting frames for the running kitties are changed around. True or just another rumour?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Going after Entei in the Burned Tower because I'm lazy and can't be bothered to beat the Elite 4.

I heard someone say that if you use a European game, the starting frames for the running kitties are changed around. True or just another rumour?
Just a rumor, I recently RNG abused Raikou and Entei on my HeartGold and Raikou was on frame one, so if you release both at the same time Entei will be at frame 6.

I'm having problem confirming that I have hit my seed in my pokemon platinum game. I have no idea really if I am doing this right I have my seed found and I think the timer is set up can someone please help me this is my first time rng abusing I need the help badly I would really like to get a shiny articuno soon.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
I'm having problem confirming that I have hit my seed in my pokemon platinum game. I have no idea really if I am doing this right I have my seed found and I think the timer is set up can someone please help me this is my first time rng abusing I need the help badly I would really like to get a shiny articuno soon.
Slow down. You need to give us way more details than that. Maybe a screenshot of time finder, seed to time window, and your eon/pika timer would be useful. It sounds to me like you need to read over the guide again.

Also, fyi it might be easier to RNG Articuno in HG/SS, as it's a stationary and confirming you hit your seed is a lot easier.

Buckert

How do you set your DS? Your Seed to Time window says 2012, do you set your DS to 2012? The rest looks pretty good, what do you get from here?

How do you set your DS? Your Seed to Time window says 2012, do you set your DS to 2012? The rest looks pretty good, what do you get from here?
sorry for late response but yes if I recall i made sure to set that up correctly
Can you match any of the coin flips you're getting to adjacent delays? Do you know if you're getting odd or even delays?

Are you setting your DS time to 11:56?
yes on the time i know that for sure the coins however don't line up i will try this again tomorrow.

Buckert

Set your + and - Delays to 50 in your seed to time window and set the seconds to 0 and then hit the second Generate button.

Set your + and - Delays to 50 in your seed to time window and set the seconds to 0 and then hit the second Generate button.
Just now doing that lets see if my coins flipping lines up
Edit: I have done everything I can right my coin sequences or flips still don't line up what do I do now I have done and taken the advice you told me

Last edited:

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Just now doing that lets see if my coins flipping lines up
Edit: I have done everything I can right my coin sequences or flips still don't line up what do I do now I have done and taken the advice you told me
Match them to a delay that's near your target. Once you determine whichever one it is, enter that into eontimer and hit "update".

Match them to a delay that's near your target. Once you determine whichever one it is, enter that into eontimer and hit "update".
upload_2014-10-22_22-47-26.png

so would this work and when I find my new delay just put it back in the timer and change things up and I should be fine correct and then proceed to get to the frame to get my shiny.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
View attachment 28572
so would this work and when I find my new delay just put it back in the timer and change things up and I should be fine correct and then proceed to get to the frame to get my shiny.
So your target delay is 4566, and you hit 4542? Do what I said previously, enter 4542 on "Delay hit" and press update. That changes the calibrated delay. Then you set your time to whatever your target is (taking into account whatever the "minutes before" on eontimer says) then attempt to hit your seed again. If you miss, re-find which Delay you hit and update again. Continue until you confirm you hit your seed. Then just advance to one before the frame you want, interact and you should have your 'mon.

Last edited:
At which point is the roaming Latias' spread set in Heart Gold? Is it possible to abuse it when leaving the Pokémon Club house in Vermillion to trigger the event?

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
At which point is the roaming Latias' spread set in Heart Gold? Is it possible to abuse it when leaving the Pokémon Club house in Vermillion to trigger the event?
It is perfecty possible (I managed to do it once), but I don't recommend you doing it because the NPCs around Vermillion will screw your target frame most of the time and it will eventually frustrate you; I suggest you to do it the old fashioned, but safer way (kill it and RNGit in the E4).

It is perfecty possible (I managed to do it once), but I don't recommend you doing it because the NPCs around Vermillion will screw your target frame most of the time and it will eventually frustrate you; I suggest you to do it the old fashioned, but safer way (kill it and RNGit in the E4).
Alright. Thanks!

Buckert

It is as at the point where you walk out the door. You just have to do a calibration run, mine was on frame 7. Did this a few times and it worked perfect, much easier than at the E4. But that's up to you.

Are there any good video tutorials for RNG abuse in the 4th generation? The text/pictoral examples are helpful, but I feel like an actual demonstration would help me out too. Thanks!

So your target delay is 4566, and you hit 4542? Do what I said previously, enter 4542 on "Delay hit" and press update. That changes the calibrated delay. Then you set your time to whatever your target is (taking into account whatever the "minutes before" on eontimer says) then attempt to hit your seed again. If you miss, re-find which Delay you hit and update again. Continue until you confirm you hit your seed. Then just advance to one before the frame you want, interact and you should have your 'mon.
So I have done what you wanted which is update the timer every time I hit a different seed and so I got a different seed most of the time so far I have gotten no results from the coin flips what exactly am I doing wrong? I appreciate the help as well.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
So I have done what you wanted which is update the timer every time I hit a different seed and so I got a different seed most of the time so far I have gotten no results from the coin flips what exactly am I doing wrong? I appreciate the help as well.
Just keep trying. Sometimes if I feel like I've updated the timer too much, I changed the calibrated delay to what the guide originally suggests, then try to hit my seed from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)