The Anime / Manga Thread (MK2) | Beware Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just started Nyan Koi, and it's the most hilarious Anime I've seen in awhile. Be warned, it's about cats. Well, 87.5% of it anyways.

image.jpg

Gosh Shingeki no Bahamut is so good. Wouldn't think it to be a good comedy show, but it is, I was giggling way too much too often.

Best part was when horse-kun came to the rescue, probably. There were multiple best parts. Drinking is fun, kids!

the MC of amagi brilliant park to me is a mix of lelouch and kanye west and i've been keeping a running tally of what percent composition he is
he started off 70/30 lelouch/kanye from episode 1 but after this i'm pretty sure he's at least 55/45

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
in other old anime news, i started watching the kara no kyoukai movies. ive finished the first one and i think ill watch one a day at this pace. it is absolutely fucking gorgeous though so im looking forward to it

EDIT: actually i take it back it was pretty tedious all things considered with a few standout scenes (its still beautiful tho)
come on when are we watching part 3!? Like I told you it gets better in every subsequent part :( part 4 might be a little break but it's still good. Also 5 and 7 are fantastic and definitely my favorites.

why did nobody tell me Gundam Build Fighters was this good

it's like if you made Pokemon a tight, well-executed fighting shonen with excellent music and animation and then replaced all the Pokemon with Gundams

I don't even like Gundam, I've watched a grand total of one Gundam show to completion

they're doing it on purpose, the circling thing
It made me smile that they brought this back. Good thing too since the entire episode was infodumps, next week should be fun though.

So SHAFT are just gonna adapt more Monogatari in two months and judging by the date it probably won't be delayed. That's pretty great.

Padding the post: I finished Utena! The last 10, 15 episodes were pretty fun so even though I'm as confused as I was when I finished Penguindrum I don't regret it. As for more things that took a while, I started Death Note. Yeah. This should have happened in junior high.

Nanatsu no taizai is only on its 3rd episode, but it's pretty good. Maybe a bit too much on the fan-service side but the character seems pretty badass (gilthunder) and the art is awesome.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Been watching Psycho-Pass on Netflix, it is really really good despite starting kinda slow. Almost done with what's there on Netflix, I think a new season came out so imma have to watch that soon.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ye psycho pass is good, the ending is interesting but the big plot of it is kinda eh

So far S2 hasn't shown much connection to S1 but it's obviously coming

Also ghost in the shell pls

currently about halfway through bakemonogatari (the first season) - am I missing anything by not pausing to read each one of the rapidly-moving title cards, or should I just not worry about what they say?

Pausing kind of kills the experience, especially if it's your first time. You won't miss anything terribly important on the really fast ones; the ones they expect you to read are the ones slow enough to actually be read.

currently about halfway through bakemonogatari (the first season) - am I missing anything by not pausing to read each one of the rapidly-moving title cards, or should I just not worry about what they say?
The title cards are all passages taken from the novels. They're in the show for flavor since there's no way Shaft could jam 100% of Nisio's dialogue into an episode in a way that wouldn't be god awful. A better alternative to reading the title cards would be reading the books.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Watched the first episode of a few anime last night just for kicks

Freezing - LMAO fucking boobs and crotchshots everywhere. Oh you hit me? THERE GOES ALL OF MY CLOTHES! Hilarious but dumb, great potential but horrible execution, 1/10

Appregio Blue Steel - Seems pretty decent, though idk how I feel about all of the action in the show taking place as naval battles. Was pretty well crafted from what I could tell in the first episode, 7/10

Fate/Zero - Draggggggged. It seems like one that will get infinitely better if I continue to watch but man was the first episode boring af. Though saving grace with the creepy ass scene with the old guy and the bugs. 4/10

Knights of Sidonia - Animation is pretty weird, it's like in the Final Fantasy video games style. Don't know how I feel about all battle-mech action here either, but I really like the story and characters so far, though they seem pretty cliche. 7/10

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'll write a bit about the anime I'm watching (both currently airing and finished airing):

Fate/stay night: Dam this thing has lots of money to blow and it's well worth it. I like the nods made towards people that have played through the VN (and when people learn what happens, they can see the puzzle pieces for themselves). Main qualm is the faces but watching the fights in 60 fps is amazing.

Shingeki no Bahamut: FAVAROOOOOOOOOOOO is a great MC who don't give a fuck and also has great hair. The last episode was done really well and I liked all of the hints leading up to the reveal of the wanted person (gonna try to keep this spoiler free even though it's been a week already). Also the OP is really good and completely out of the blue. I hope that they keep up the production quality for the rest of the anime and it doesn't randomly jump off a cliff.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso: This anime is gorgeous visually, I didn't watch the recent episode yet though. Great artwork, the music is wonderful, wondering if they'll do a good adaptation of the manga (which is highly praised but I didn't read).

Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken (aka I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying): 3 minutes long, good for a quick laugh. Ep 4 was weak in comparison to the first 3 but with only 3 minutes it keeps your attention because it's snippets of storyline.

Trinity Seven: Obligatory harem/girl anime for me this season, it's a better Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance (which was last season). ZR, girls, a MC who openly dgaf, yea.

SAO2: Didn't watch Saturday's episode yet but not gonna say anything about this anime in order to not draw arguments out lol.

Madoka Magica: Marathoned 9 episodes yesterday to finish it. Didn't watch any movies though (will watch Rebellion this week probably). I thought this was a great anime and really made me think about human nature and the price of getting what you want vs what you have to pay for it. Character development was good. I don't actively remember the contents of any magical girl animes (Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, etc) so I can't comment on the "deconstruction of magical girl anime" argument that some people have but that just meant that I could focus more on the actual content of the anime.

Btw if you guys aren't watching anime in 60 FPS, you should try it out.

Sometimes, shows look really weird in 60 FPS. For example, I watched the opening of Carnival Phantasm in 60 FPS and it looked so ridiculously bouncy that I got actually turned off by it for some stupid reason.
Glad you liked Madoka Magica, because even though it is among the top 5 best selling anime of all time, there are just way too many people who didn't watch it despite its acclaim, which is quite disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)