ORAS OU ORAS OU: Look to the Future

Ok, first RMT on here. Gonna keep it fairly brief because no one really knows the ORAS meta yet and how exactly it'll turn out.

Keep in mind this team was built for use in a future meta game, one where Mega Salamence doesn't exist.

Fuck mence.

Here's my team:​

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Aight so Landorus Obviously checks a fuck ton of physical threats such as Excadrill, Terrakion, Beedrill, Landorus-T, the list goes on. The spread here gives him maximum physical bulk, allowing him to set rocks more reliably and soak up more damage keeping him alive to pivot longer and gain momentum via U-turn. Also a primary bird check and an answer to dd Zard-x, thanks to intimidate.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Ferrothorn is an excellent partner for Landorus-T as he can check/counter a plethora of threats which piss off Landorus-T like Most Greninja sets, Azumarill sets, Kyurem-B sets, basically any special attacker lacking a Fire/Fighting move and a ton of physical attackers also. The spread means you'll never be 2hkoed by Greninja's life orb ice beam and gives some decent psychical bulk too. Because Ferrothorn does cause switches Spikes seemed like a good idea to pave the way for the hard hitting attackers on my team and not give much room for breathing.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Favourite Heatran set at the moment. Heatran has great typing and synergises well on almost any team. He switches into almost all defensive Pokemon and immediately starts to do work. The spread given is to hit as hard as possible while bluffing a defensive set through the use of leftovers over an air balloon. With taunt/toxic Heatran can annoy stall and with Magma Storm Heatran can trap and beat annoying Pokemon such as Mew and Chansey. Earth Power also nails other Heatrans, a very common switch in.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Scald
- Hydro Pump

Pretty self explanatory, my go to revenge killer, dealing big damage if not killing threats such as DD Mega Gyarados, DDnite, Mega Lopunny and all these new megas that hit above 110 speed. Hp ice deals slightly more than icy wind and obviously the speed drops isn't needed as much from a scarf set so I went with that but, its changeable of course. Keldeo is also a great check to Bisharp and Mega Scizor which could otherwise annoy, as well as pretty much any Greninja set. Also, scarf Keldeo is quite rare, I see its usage drastically rising in a Meta game filled with Mega pokemon which have a minimum speed of 110. As a result of this scarf Keldeo is much more effective.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Standard Latios! Great defogger, good check to keldeo and hits hard. Not much more to say. Hits hard, fast and checks some big ass threats like Thundurus, Landorus, Keldeo. Psyshock over Psychic mainly because it does more damage to Chansey and gives it a hard time with hazard stacking racking up nice damage too. I guess dropping roost is an option, and if I did so I'd probably run HP Fire as nailing Ferro early for big damage is nice. I prefer Roost on this kinda team just for survivability which helps this squad greatly vs Keldeo.

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Zen Headbutt

Alright, star of the team. Mega Gallade. Hard to ignore a fighting type with a huge 165 base attack, 110 speed and access to Close Combat and Knock off. His defensive are also great. But yeah, this set causes pain to nearly all team archetypes. Against offensive teams, especially with hazard support, Gallade has very, very limited switch ins. Same applies vs Bulkier teams and given chance to SD up gallade can obliterate nearly anything. It's worth noting that Gallade can indeed run Ice Punch over Knock Off, but after tesing I found Knock Off to be much better, with +2 being able to kill Slowbro aswell as still dealing huge damage to the likes of Gliscor and Lando-T after a boost.

So yup, that's my team, Hope you enjoy it. Basically try stack up as much hazards as possible and switch back and forth between Lati, Gallade and Keld to try pull off some kills. Kinda hard to explain, I guess its just standard balance but it works pretty well in my experience.

Importable!
Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Zen Headbutt

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Scald
- Hydro Pump

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Last edited:

LittEleven

A wanderer above the sea of fog
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
From what I see, Azu can cause problems as it can take out everything here with the proper move, except ferro who is checked by mag. And spikes + defog sounds unproductive. So maybe go Dry Skin Heliolisk (if u want lel I'm nub at this) and soak up aquas or waterfalls while forming a decent VoltTurn core with landy T while luring is Chansey that gallade can mega and sd on. Apart from this rly gud team :). So...
IF YOU REALLY WANT TO...
Heliolisk @ Choice Specs/scarf for ur preference
Trait: Dry Skin
- Thunder Bolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast

[EDIT] heliolisk also counters mega crobro that is so dangerous cuz rdy skin

Last edited:

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey Toxzn nice team do you have here, maybe u can improve some sets like made keldeo Sub CM because ur very weak to Mega Bro with the set CroBro, but if ur CM side by side u can beat with him with secret sword. And make heatran lead with Air Ballon to Beat the infamous Lando-T scarf and Sash Mamo this very uncommon on the ORAS meta but thinking in the future isn't bad idea. And last make the Lando-T a scarf Set.
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 24 Hp / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off / Explosion

Enough Speed to OutSpeed Jolly Scarf Drill and slow u-turn vs others Lando-T Scarf

Heatran @ Air Ballon
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Anti-Lead Kind it

Keldeo @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Substitute
- Scald
- Calm Mind

A little bit bulky, this allow to take a couple hits .

I hope i help u, and gl man

@ Both of you, yeah I guess i am crobro weak but tbh I havent seen it that much, also with spikes and sr after a mega evo I can taunt it and wear it down pretty easy and beat it. As long as I don't choke. Heliolisk would be sitatuional as fuck and Keldeo is desparately needed as a revenge killer and Lando-t is needed defesively to beat a fuck ton of threats. If i were to scarf it I'd lose being able to hazard stack. These changes could be made but I don't feel like what they'd add would outweigh what they'd take away.

Nice team man the only thing i could see in improvement is that Banded or BD azu can beat most of your team,and gar can also screw around you but like the team :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)