Gen 6 XY Ubers Teambuilding

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
OP requested that I lock temporarily while he reorganizes the thread

e: unlocked

Last edited:

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I ended up losing several lists from the archive when moving them thanks to a Chrome crash so I ended up rebuilding them. I removed the Late-game Cleaner part of archive because every physical and special sweeper can do this and the character limit is unforgiving. There are still a couple bugs to work out, but it is very manageable compared to the mess that happened a couple days ago. :P

ApplepieFTW, you can complete Giratina-O now :]

also, since Hazard Removers is pretty empty, I think that is where the primary focus should be for now.

sorry for the inconvenience, it was a lot of stuff to move over / rebuild.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-Turn

Roles: Bulky Attacker, Hazard Setter

What does it do: Landorus-Therian is an extremely reliable Stealth Rock setter. Even an offensively inclined set such as this provides a good check to threats such as Zekrom,Blaziken,Ground Types,Ho-oh(though it is a shaky check) and also deal with annoying steels such as Heatran and Klefki. It also provides a good pivot with U-Turn into frail Pokemon such as Deoxys-Attack.

Good Teammates: Anything that can check Kyogre is a good teammate for Landorus hence, Palkia and Ferrothorn immediately come to mind as they check kyogre pretty well. Palkia is an especially good teammate as it provides more of an offensive presence and is probably the best Kyogre that is actually viable in ubers (looking at you Gastrodon). Klefki is another good teammate as Landorus struggles against special attacker and Klefki provides an answer to very common special attackers such as Yveltal and Xerneas and has good type synergy with Landorus and Palkia. However if you choose to run Ferrothorn with Landorus a good teammate would be Specially defensive Kyogre as it provides rain which lowers Ferrothorn's weakness to fire and it also provides an answer to Yveltal and Xerneas and it also has good type synergy with Ferrothorn and Landorus.

What Counters it: Support Arceus forms excluding Steel,Rock and Poison provide a good answer to Landorus as they can burn Landorus effectively crippling it and then Defog away his hazards.The Giratina formes are also a good answer as they can burn Landorus.Giratina-Origin is especially a pain as it can burn Lando and Defog away his hazards and is also immune to Lando's STAB. Lugia can easily Roost and Toxic stall Landorus wearing it down easily due to Lugia's massive bulk.Skarmory can do the same thing to as Landorus cannot hurt it at all. Last but not least powerful special attackers such as Kyogre easily break through Landorus's mediocre special bulk.

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Roles: Bulky Attacker, Hazard Setter

What does it do: Landorus-Therian is an extremely reliable Stealth Rock setter. Even an offensively inclined set such as this provides a good check to threats such as Zekrom,Blaziken,Ground Types,Ho-oh(though it is a shaky check) and also deal with annoying steels such as Heatran and Klefki. It also provides a good pivot with U-Turn into frail Pokemon such as Deoxys-Attack.

Good Teammates: Anything that can check Kyogre is a good teammate for Landorus hence, Palkia and Ferrothorn immediately come to mind as they check kyogre pretty well. Palkia is an especially good teammate as it provides more of an offensive presence and is probably the best Kyogre that is actually viable in ubers (looking at you Gastrodon). Klefki is another good teammate as Landorus struggles against special attacker and Klefki provides an answer to very common special attackers such as Yveltal and Xerneas and has good type synergy with Landorus and Palkia. However if you choose to run Ferrothorn with Landorus a good teammate would be Specially defensive Kyogre as it provides rain which lowers Ferrothorn's weakness to fire and it also provides an answer to Yveltal and Xerneas and it also has good type synergy with Ferrothorn and Landorus.

What Counters it: Support Arceus forms excluding Steel,Rock and Poison provide a good answer to Landorus as they can burn Landorus effectively crippling it and then Defog away his hazards.The Giratina formes are also a good answer as they can burn Landorus.Giratina-Origin is especially a pain as it can burn Lando and Defog away his hazards and is also immune to Lando's STAB. Lugia can easily Roost and Toxic stall Landorus wearing it down easily due to Lugia's massive bulk.Skarmory can do the same thing to as Landorus cannot hurt it at all. Last but not least powerful special attackers such as Kyogre easily break through Landorus's mediocre special bulk.
bold what i did, and leave lines where i did(or maybe just c/p it whole)

Inspirited

is a Contributor Alumnus
ApplepieFTW, are you still interested in doing Giratina-O?

Edit: Just a note that I am canceling any reservations on previous pages since ti has been a good while since they were made.

Chesnaught is an oft-forgotten Pokemon, but is fun to use on Sticky Web teams.

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Leech Seed
- Wood Hammer

Role: Hazard setter

What does it do: This fast Chesnaught set acts as a Ground-type check for Web teams that can Taunt Defog users before they can clear hazards. Chesnaught can also set up hazards of its own in the form of Spikes. Although Chesnaught does not have the ability to repeatedly take on physical threats and is at the mercy of almost all special attackers, it can still check what it needs to at least once (such as Earth Plate Lando-T, Groundceus, etc.), which is often all Webs teams need due to their offensive pressure. Leech Seed is helpful vs. balance teams to stay alive and set up as many layers of Spikes as possible. Hammer Arm can be used over Wood Hammer for better coverage but leaves Chesnaught completely at the mercy of all STAG users. It is also less powerful and can miss so Wood Hammer is the better attacking option. Chesnaught only fits onto very specific builds, but can pull its weight on the right team.

Good teammates: Arceus-Ghost or Giratina-O are needed to prevent Rapid Spin and are capable of checking Mewtwo. Either Smeargle or Shuckle can set up Sticky Web. From there, make sure your team can sufficiently handle Xerneas and other offensive Fairy-types as Chesnaught tends to invite them. For example, Scarf Genesect can revenge Geomancy Xerneas with Iron Head so long Sticky Web is up. Choice Specs Kyogre can break Fairy Arceus with its ridiculously powerful STAB attacks. Earth Plate Landorus-T can switch in on Ho-Oh once and either set SR or Stone Edge the bird.

What Counters It:
Most Pokemon in Ubers can defeat Chesnaught 1-1 due to its mediocre stats and defensive typing. Fortunately, Chesnaught doesn't have a whole lot of responsibilities to fulfill: if it can check the enemy Ground-type and set up one or two layers of Spikes, it would have done its job.

Last edited:

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
For LO 4 Atks Rayquaza, Why would you run Rash (2nd slash) with 4 SpA and full Atk investment?
The Rash nature pumps the power of Draco Meteor without investment while saving EVs for ExtremeSpeed and V-Create. Just take a look at 4 Atk / 252 SpA / +252 Spe vs. 252 Atk / +4 Spa / 252 Spe.

4 Atk / 252 SpA / +252 Spe Life Orb Rayquaza

- 252 SpA Life Orb Rayquaza Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 370-437 (96.8 - 114.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO (as you can see here, the SpA investment is slightly overkill because ideally, Stealth Rock will be on the field)
- 252 SpA Life Orb Rayquaza Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Groudon: 335-395 (82.9 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (This doesn't even come close to OHKOing, but if you are trying to cripple support Donner, why use 252 EVs to do it?)
- 4 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza V-create vs. 104 HP / 32 Def Xerneas: 242-285 (57.7 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (weak as fuck)
-
0 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 104 HP / 32 Def Xerneas: 108-127 (25.7 - 30.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO (meaning Rayquaza will never beat GeoXern on the switch with a combo of V-Create + ExtremeSpeed)

252 Atk / +4 Spa / 252 Spe Life Orb Rayquaza

- 4+ SpA Life Orb Rayquaza Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 343-406 (89.7 - 106.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO (OHKO after Stealth Rock Damage)
- 4+ SpA Life Orb Rayquaza Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Groudon: 312-368 (77.2 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (definitely cripples Donner enough)
- 252 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza V-create vs. 104 HP / 32 Def Xerneas: 286-337 (68.2 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (at minimum, 252 Atk LO V-Create deals damage equivalent to the highest damage role from 4 Atk LO V-Create)
- 252 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 104 HP / 32 Def Xerneas: 127-151 (30.3 - 36%) -- 44.6% chance to 3HKO (ExtremeSpeed will always KO standard GeoXern if V-Create deals more than 70%, which is very likely because the lowest role possible of V-Create is 68.2%)

========

Since V-Create+ExtremeSpeed is essentially a 260 BP move, here is the probability of standard GeoXern being OHKOd by it (in the calc below I just changed V-Create's power to 260).

- 252 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza V-create + Extreme Speed vs. 104 HP / 32 Def Xerneas: 412-486 (98.3 - 115.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

That's extremely reliable, and obviously bulkier GeoXern will fall to the combo of V-Create+ExtremeSpeed if SR is up. PISTOLERO's set is much better than the standard set, and is no way a sub-optimal set. The only thing you really lose out on is the positive base 95 Speed tier, but Rayquaza has no business trying to KO faster mons. After all, MixQuaza is a wallbreaker; not a sweeper.

Last edited:

Inspirited

is a Contributor Alumnus
All Mixquaza really needs is 216 Speed anyways with how rarely encountered the nuetral base 95 Speed tier is. All of a sudden you have a lot of flexibility with you evs. The mixquaza spread needs work yeah and I will probably end up editing in a more efficicient spread later today if that is ok with Minority Suspect.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Role: Physical Wall, Hazard Remover, Support, Spinblocker,

What It Does: Ok so Giratina-O is a great pokemon. It has very useful utility in Defog, which is a staple on most if not near every team out there. Giratina-O also is a very bulky pokemon that with its combination of typing/ability can neuter dangerous set-up sweepers such as Swords Dance Arceus, Mega Blaziken and double dance Groudon. The ev's aim to give it as much bulk as it can get, while ensuring it outspeeds common Stealth Rock users such as Groudon and Landorus-T so it can burn them before they get a hit off. Will-O-Wisp is likely one of Giratina's best assets as it makes sure there are relatively few things that want to comfortably switch in on it, as they risk getting burned or phazed out by Dragon Tail. Shadow Sneak may not seem like a hard-hitting move but it is very useful for revenge killing frailer pokemon such Mewtwo, and is useful for finishing off pokemon at very low hp. Shadow Sneak also makes sure deoxys-s will only get stealth rocks up, as shadow sneak 2hko'd.

Good Teammates: Well to be fair, Giratina-O is a pretty splash-able mon that fits on a lot of teams you would call balance. Perhaps one of the biggest advantages of using this mon is that you don't have to use your arceus spot if you want a defogger, which means you can run a CM arceus form. Good examples are CM arceus-water, which is a good kyogre check, and a favorite of mine has to be CM arceus-dark. CM arceus dark is perhaps the best giratina partner as it synergises very well with it, but it also takes on a mon that is very threatening to Giratina-O; Yveltal. Not only can CM arceus-dark set up on yveltal, it also is one of the most reliable stallbreakers out there so your team shouldn't have to worry about being stall-weak either. Another big weakness this set has is fairy types such as xerneas, arceus-fairy and sylveon. They all demolish Giratina with their stab moves, geomancy xerneas sets up for (basicly) free, cleric xerneas hard-walls this set and the same goes for sylveon. Arceus-fairy is annoyed by the burn, can easily kill Giratina. Because of this, a pokemon that can switch iinto fairy-type moves, for example heatran pairs well with it.

What Counters It: Well I already went over this in good teammates so I could explain why these teammates work well a bit better, but I guess I should make a list of the mons that can reliably beat it, so that when you are using a team with giratin-o on it you can check if you aren't very vulnerable to any of these pokemon. Xerneas, Arceus-Ghost, Palkia, Yveltal, Darkrai, Dialga, Rayquaza, Arceus-Fairy, Sylveon, Aegislash (with shadow ball mainly), Gliscor, Heatran, Arceus Dark, Clefable, Kyurem-W, Sableye. Of course you dont need a hard counter for every mon, just a way of beating them, but it all depends on your team etc etc.

WRECK READ THIS FIRST PLEASE: This set is DEFENSIVE giratina-o. I used an impish set over adamant sforce+utility as this set is very different. Someone else could make a set that looks like
-sneak
-dtail
-sforce
-defog/wisp/mcoat
which is the more offensive set that suits spike-stack teams best. I run max def max atk adamant and take whatever speed creep I need out of attack, this is also the spread esteemed user edgar uses. I could also do this if you want but im fbusy and johned his one for a while so idk if you'd want me to do that. Sry for that btw kek.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)