Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

that doesn't badly affect any of your others,
how does ninjask keep a snorunt from using ice-type moves
also i just realized that i can't get a nincada until after i beat roxanne and i've decided to make the snorunt my starter, so i'll need to solo someone else

how does ninjask keep a snorunt from using ice-type moves
also i just realized that i can't get a nincada until after i beat roxanne and i've decided to make the snorunt my starter, so i'll need to solo someone else
You can go onto Nincada's route before you beat Roxanne. You just can't do the Rusturf Tunnel part.

k guys i wanna do a scramble challange. i can use any gen 3 game, but preferably emerald, and am willing to change the starters w/ a rom hacking program. please don't do too complex rules, i don't like remembering too many things. preferably easier challenges, it's my first time doing this. can't trade, but can use said rom hacking program to allow trade evolution, even if they are harder.
Take LMFAO the Skarmory. This skarmory's favourite song is Party rock Anthem and is shufflin' every day. Therefore, it must get whirlwind as an egg move from the pidgey line and get spikes at level 42. It should set up three layers of spikes against all gym leaders and elite four members once it learns it. Also, skarmory must solo Phoebe, only using whirlwind and spikes until her last mon which it can finish of in any way it wants.

love that, and yeah if you make a ninjask challenge too you would be amazing. totally accepting the nincada challenge on it's own.
Here's a Ninjask challenge for you.

Take Bravado the Nincada, etc. etc. When Bravado evolves into Ninjask and Shedinja, rename the Ninjask Speed King. Speed King is the king of speed, and wants everyone to know it. He must learn the moves Protect, to make sure he builds up enough speed, Double Team, since he'll be moving at high speeds, and Baton Pass, to share his speed. He can learn one attacking move of your choice. Speed King knows that no other Pokémon can speed creep or outspeed him, so he must lead every battle with Double Team to test the opponent's speed. If they outspeed him, he must solo them (provided they aren't the target of another mon's solo). He must test fifteen mons and solo at least five before you beat the Elite 4.

Take a Sandshrew, and name it Xcav8r (Excavator). Xcav8r loves to dig. You must teach him Dig as soon as possible after you catch him. He is also very competitive, and wants to prove he is the best digger. He must fight against every trainer-owned ground-type you come across (that does not conflict wit an existing solo) without switching out, and use Dig as his only damaging move in all battles he takes part in, unless under certain conditions. If he it hit while underground, or is in any way prevented from using Dig (run out of PP, torment etc.), he will throw a tantrum, and will only use either Earthquake or Magnitude until he either defeats the opponent Pokemon currently in battle, or faints himself. Xcav8r has a huge rivalry with the Drillbur family, and as such, must solo Clay. Upon doing so, Xcav8r may evolve. Upon evolution, he gains the ability to control his emotions, and therefore does not throw tantrums anymore. He also may use damaging moves other than Dig/Magnitude/Earthquake. He must use Dig as soon as he enters battle, though, and may not use any other ground-type moves unless he is hit while underground. He also no longer needs to battle every ground-type. He also wants to prove his victory against Clay's Excadrill was not a fluke, so, knowing Excadrill was an Uber in gen 5, Xcav8r decides to defeat an uber to show his greatness. Xcav8r must solo White Kyurem.
Good luck!
Accepted! Seems fun.

Alright so I'm back and will probably post my final team for my other scramble but now I wanna do a y scramble, I can trade, want a tympole, and want a medium level challenge.

k guys i wanna do a scramble challange. i can use any gen 3 game, but preferably emerald, and am willing to change the starters w/ a rom hacking program. please don't do too complex rules, i don't like remembering too many things. preferably easier challenges, it's my first time doing this. can't trade, but can use said rom hacking program to allow trade evolution, even if they are harder.
Take Bully the Zubat. It can only use physical moves. Solo a gym to evolve, and solo another gym to evolve again.

Alright so I'm back and will probably post my final team for my other scramble but now I wanna do a y scramble, I can trade, want a tympole, and want a medium level challenge.
Take Froabble the Froakie. It loves Shauna more than you, so solo shauna both times with it. Every time you encounter Shauna, you must switch it to the front of your party. Solo Grant to evolve, and solo Clemont to evolve again.

Take Bayou Billy the Tympole. He's a roootin, tootin, gunslinger, so always ensure he has Mud Shot as his only Ground STAB. He has a fierce dislike of Swamp Animals, so ensure he solos all Sandile line, Seviper, and dragons to show them who's boss. This means a forced solo of Drasna, and make sure he solos the first Lysandre fight to show he's the force of justice. If you have to ride a Pokemon, Bayou Billy must be the first pokemon in your team as we all loved those Bayou Billy driving sections. To evolve into Seismitoad, you need to solo 10 grass types when they are within 10 levels of you.

It's been a really long time since I last posted here, and I have returned to request a new challange!
The rules:
  • Platinum version
  • Hard difficulty (Try to be challenging but also rewarding)
  • 6 Pokemon
  • Can trade pokemon in, though whether or not I actually do will depend on the challenge. However, please check with me whether I will be able to trade in said pokemon, as I may not be able to do some species.
  • Minimal reliance on HM slaves
  • No Bidoofs, Wurmples, Unowns or Kricketots
  • No Honey tree pokemon. If you want to give me one, I will trade it in.
  • No starters
  • No happiness evolutions, preferably (I might change this if you give me a good challenge)
  • No overly repetitive challenges
  • Take it easy on move/item restrictions; you can put them on the challenge, but please leave me room to be creative and strategize.
  • One of my pokemon must be a Gligar/Gliscor.
  • Make the challenges as interesting as possible
  • +100 brownie points if the challange make me laugh!
I eagerly await your challanges!

Challanges:
Take Only Fire Type the Ponyta. This Ponyta remembers the good ol' days when it was just it and Infernape as the only fire lines in Sinnoh. Then they added all these other Jabronies to the Sinnoh dex, and it feels left out. It knows what it must do: Reclaim its prominence. So, it must solo ALL Pokemon that were not in the Original Sinnoh. (Numbers 152-209 in the regional dex) It also feels Cyrus and Giratina were behind this shenanigans, so it must solo them when they're clearly colaborating (Solo both in the Distortion World). And, if another Pokemon has to solo a gym leader/Elite 4 that has new pokemon, that one takes precedence.

Take Bully the Gligar. Gligar enjoys picking on other pokemon which it thinks it can beat. However, it is also extremely confused and doesn't understand the type effectiveness chart. Therefore, it must switch in against all water and ice type pokemon and stay in until it either wins or loses. Once it faces Crasher Wake in battle, it realises that it can't beat water types and won't switch into them any more. This makes bully really angry and so it now must solo all ice types. After beating Candice, Bully realises that he should stop being a bully. This means he no longer has to fight ice types and can evolve into Regret the Gliscor. Gliscor regrets its earlier actions and now avoids water and ice types.

P.S. I am going to go through the last couple of pages of the thread to give everyone a scramblemon ASAP
Still need 4 more for this.

Take Overpowered the Garchomp. It thinks it is overpowered(which it is, but no one has bothered to tell it that). So it refuses to battle anything that isn't OU or Uber. Also, it needs to conquer it's fears, so it has to solo every Dragon- or Ice-type Pokemon you come across that not covered by another Poke's solo. It doesn't matter what tier they're in, just solo all Dragon- and Ice-type Pokemon you come across, even if it's your first wild encounter in that route.

Take Overpowered the Garchomp. It thinks it is overpowered(which it is, but no one has bothered to tell it that). So it refuses to battle anything that isn't OU or Uber. Also, it needs to conquer it's fears, so it has to solo every Dragon- or Ice-type Pokemon you come across that not covered by another Poke's solo. It doesn't matter what tier they're in, just solo all Dragon- and Ice-type Pokemon you come across, even if it's your first wild encounter in that route.
Sorry I have to reject because of far too many clashes. Also, it is not difficult enough.

Here's a Ninjask challenge for you.

Take Bravado the Nincada, etc. etc. When Bravado evolves into Ninjask and Shedinja, rename the Ninjask Speed King. Speed King is the king of speed, and wants everyone to know it. He must learn the moves Protect, to make sure he builds up enough speed, Double Team, since he'll be moving at high speeds, and Baton Pass, to share his speed. He can learn one attacking move of your choice. Speed King knows that no other Pokémon can speed creep or outspeed him, so he must lead every battle with Double Team to test the opponent's speed. If they outspeed him, he must solo them (provided they aren't the target of another mon's solo). He must test fifteen mons and solo at least five before you beat the Elite 4.
i little problem with that is that Coward/Hero will already use my only double team TM. gen 3 TMs are so annoying.

i little problem with that is that Coward/Hero will already use my only double team TM. gen 3 TMs are so annoying.
Ninjask learns Double Team at Level 20, the level it evolves. No worries. I've thought it out. And you could always TM32 Nincada before it evolves to give them both the move.

Last edited:
Not hard enough huh?

Take Doof the Bidoof. Solo Roark's Cranidos, Gardenia's Turtwig, Fantina's Duskull, Maylene's Meditite, Byron's Steelix, Candice's Froslass, and Volkner's Jolteon, Aaron's Yanmega, Bertha's Rhyperior, Flint's Houndoom, Lucian's Gallade, and Cynthia's Roserade. You can evolve whenever.
lol no
he said in his original post he didn't want bidoofs.

jrm115 take Winston the Slakoth.

Winston must gain and keep the following moveset as soon as possible:
  • Thunderbolt or Thunder
  • Aerial Ace
  • Protect
  • Any Fighting-type move
Winston may not use any move other than those approved moves. Solo Norman to evolve into Vigoroth, and solo Tate and Liza to evolve into Slaking.

If this is too easy or too hard, please let me know!

EDIT: Removed the Wattson solo because of its impossibility.

Last edited:
Ranger Mike, take Fluffy the Furfrou. Fluffy is very fashionable, and they are desperate to constantly try out a new style. Every time you start up your scramble, you must take Fluffy to Friseur Furfrou and give him a trim he has never had before, until you run out of trims, at which point you must restart the cycle. You may not fly to Lumiose if you are two routes or less away from it. This is to encourage exploration! And now, to the actual part of the challenge.

Fluffy is a very charming dog, so he must learn the moves Baby-Doll Eyes and Charm ASAP and use one of them at the start of every battle. His other two moves must be attacks. Once he learns Cotton Guard, he must keep it and also use it at the start of every battle. From this point on, he may only have one attack. Finally, Fluffy must solo every single Furfrou you come across to show his superiority, as well as solo Korrina to brave his weakness and Wikstrom to brave his resistance (and punish Aegislash, since they are both considered the Pokemon of kings and Furfrou is obviously the real one).

Not sure if you still need this, but here goes.

Take Hindenburg the Drifloon/Drifblim.

Like its irl counterpart, Hindenburg was filled with hydrogen instead of helium. As such you're extremely fearful of fire, and must switch out and stay out for the rest of the battle (That is, unless Hindenburg is the last pokemon left) Since Hindenburg is also a balloon/blimp, he is easily blown away by flying-type pokemon and must switch out, like fire-type moves. You must continue doing this until level 50 (or when Hindenburg learns explosion through a different method), when Hindenburg obtains enough Hydrogen to learn explosion and evolve. Once it evolves, whenever it gets hit by a fire-type move it must explode like the actual blimp. (You may use revives to bring it back however, unlike drifloon) Hindenburg must also have the ability aftermath and the move Payback, so it may always have the last laugh.

(Tell me if this isn't hard enough or needs more challenges, or if anything needs explaining.)

EDIT: You may switch Hindenburg back in when hit by a flying type move because it isn't destroyed, just blown away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)