Metagamiate!

252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def Mew: 180-213 (44.5 - 52.7%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mew: 168-198 (41.5 - 49%) -- 16.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Mew Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Medicham: 145-172 (55.5 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Use bold instead of impish and max out the defenses and you heve your counter. Hyper voice even goes past substitute (wich I've seen a couple times on the ladder)

Another good one would be sigilyph
252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sigilyph: 96-114 (27.5 - 32.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Psycho Cut vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sigilyph: 87-102 (25 - 29.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

4 SpA Sigilyph Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Medicham: 136-162 (52.1 - 62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Not sure how I overlooked this, but Seviper is another theoretical Wring Out user, offering Poison Wring out. Why you'd use Seviper or want a Poison Wring Out is beyond me, but it's something I missed in my big post.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
This is really, really, really late.

I want your opinions on Dragonite. I've decided to take a look at the usage statistics, and noticed that Dragonite is very * 9001 centralizing. Even though there isn't a challenge option anymore on PS, should we ban Dragonite? If you want it banned, elaborate on how few counters it has, and which playstyles it beats. If you want it still here, explain how it is beaten.

IGNORE THE HIGHLIGHTS THEY'RE POINTING OUT THAT PIKACHU ACTUALLY WAS VIABLE IN A METAGAME WOOOOOOOOOO

Dragonite is the Talonflame of Metagamiate. It's even better, given the coverage. The usage stat should speak for itself. When something 2KOs all of the viable walls in the tier (Ferrothorn, Quagsire, Alomomola, Gliscor), it's only natural that it should be banned. What more? It has recovery and a wonderful ability to keep itself alive for further carnage.

I wouldn't mind it if it were good. It's just too good.

dat ligh tball pikachu tho

I've basically said all my reasons for why I think Dragonite is possibly too powerful. On top of that stuff, it's frustrating and un-fun to fight and not that interesting to use, so I'd be glad to see it go just because it's boring and also because some other things might leap into viability (The other Extreme Speed users, for one, Zygarde being the only one that Dragonite doesn't consistently beat in a face-off, and it's usually a bad Dragonite in practice) and that would be cool. I actually largely stopped playing Metagamiate in the last week or so of when it was Meta of the Month because I kept seeing the same things and some of my own teams that were interesting and viable so long as I wasn't facing Dragonite were unusable if the opponent had Dragonite. I'm all for banning Dragonite. (Or banning Extreme Speed being on Dragonite, but I know complex bans are preferably avoided)

#62.4%usagednite #moreusagethanallothermonscombined

Anyway, I'd say it's definitely broken as for offense to beat it they have to run Meggron or some obscure mon if there are any of those that actually counter it(if there is they aren't useful for anything else).
For Stall(lol) to beat it here they basically have to run either skarm or Meggron.

However I'd say the real problem is E-speed (as it is in every meta in which it has useful pokemon that get stab on it). Ban E-speed. Or, if that isn't possible, Ban Dragonite.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Well with that necrobump out of the way

What things from ORAS could you see being good here? Cosplay Pikachu seems to come to mind, as it was quite good when the ladder existed.

MEGA BEEDRILL.

It can basically two-shot Ferrothorn with U-Turn. Replace that with -ated Return/Frustration and watch EVERYTHING die. (Except for all the things doubly resistant to Bug...)

Yeah. What's more threatening is that it has the speed too. Not a lot of things can switch into it, much less hope to counter it.

I'd say Heatran, except it OHKOs Heatran with Drill Run. Skarmory is the only thing off the top of my head that hard-walls Mega Beedrill in Metagamiate, though I might be overlooking some Levitators or other Flying types. And of course Talonflame can switch in fairly safely and Brave Bird it away.

Yeah. What's more threatening is that it has the speed too. Not a lot of things can switch into it, much less hope to counter it.
Not much switching in is true, but the speed? Seriously? With Extremespeeds flying every which way?

Arcanine and Dragonite especially don't mind Beedrill. Arcanine with Intimidate and resistance, and Dragonite with Multiscale.

So hey here's a point: why is this so strongly a Physical meta?

Well, -ated Return/Frustration -which are essentially universally accessible- is effectively 132~ BP. Put another way, that's stronger than Draco Meteor, and spammable without disadvantage. That's before you even get into Double Edge (120+-ate bonus), Facade (Physical Boomburst if you're running Guts or Poison Heal anyway), or any other notably powerful Normal Physical moves.

Meanwhile Special-wise the most widely accessible reasonably powerful Normal move is Hyper Voice, followed by the even weaker Tri Attack. In the case of Hyper Voice, after the -ate bonus it's approximately 117 BP... or put another way, stronger than modern Hydro Pump/Fire Blast/etc but weaker than their classic versions, let alone moves like Focus Blast. Sure, it's more accurate and it is a little stronger than, say, Thunder, but it's not all that much of a improvement in raw firepower and lacks (relevant) useful side effects.

So where Physical Pokemon can be assured that they're replacing an 80-100 BP STAB move with a 132~ BP move -an increase of at least 30%- Special Pokemon mostly get to remove a miss chance and get a small (7~%) damage increase, if that, and it's usually giving up a side effect. (Thunder in rain skips Accuracy checks, and if you gave Nidoking Hyper Voice it wouldn't run it because Sheer Force Sludge Wave is stronger than -ated Hyper Voice and just as accurate, and will prevent Life Orb recoil if you're running that where Hyper Voice won't) Politoed runs Hyper Voice because if you're going for raw Specs offense it absolutely makes more sense than Hydro Pump, in part because Hydro Pump doesn't have a side effect to miss. But for a lot of Special cases that's not so clear cut.

So there's only really a small pool of Special cases of a major increase in firepower -either by virtue of their Special movepool being that bad or by virtue of having a notably powerful Special Normal move like Boomburst (Which only means Noivern [actually with ORAS released it also means Flygon], by the way) or Wring Out- in actual fact.

While Physical Pokemon generally get anywhere from a more than 30% boost (free Life Orb!) to just short of double (eg Night Slash to -ated Dark Return) to even higher!

Thus Physical is king.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)