Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - The Smog Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello :D

I was wondering if a PDF version of the smog could be released or even just the document form. Cause I was hoping to be able to read The Smog at my free time without having to go online because my house's wifi is rather bad and I like to keep such Webzines so that I can re-read them in the future during my spare time.

I believe this question has already been asked twice but it wouldn't hurt to ask again.

Cheers,
BAKAResh

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I was wondering if a PDF version of the smog could be released or even just the document form. Cause I was hoping to be able to read The Smog at my free time without having to go online because my house's wifi is rather bad and I like to keep such Webzines so that I can re-read them in the future during my spare time.

I believe this question has already been asked twice but it wouldn't hurt to ask again.

Cheers,
BAKAResh
The Competitor (the tournament e-zine) used to do something like that. iirc they had pretty fancy layouts and stuff using PhotoShop. Jellicent can probably explain this better xd However, it didn't work out quite well because it took a lot of work and only few people had the expertise to do that kind of things. But more importantly, if changes were made post release then people had to keep editing and reuploading the thing, making it pretty hard to maintain. Right now with things on-site, if changes have to made then we just edit it on SCMS and it goes live. idrk how HTML and PDF can be related sooo /me hl Toast++

so yeaaa the main thing is the maintenance problem by having a PDF / doc plus not having the people to do it. Not really sure if we can have an alternative of having a zip with all the html docs or something though.

Cheers,
BAKAResh
The issues sandz mentioned are problematic, which is why we prefer to just keep things on the SCMS rather than PDFs. You can right click on a page and select "Save Page As..." to save it. I believe you should still then be able to view the page in offline mode later. Not an ideal solution, but it should work~

Hi there! I'm quite new here and just had a quick question. Is this a physical magazine you can order, or is it digital? Where may I find it? Thanks! :)

Hi there! I'm quite new here and just had a quick question. Is this a physical magazine you can order, or is it digital? Where may I find it? Thanks! :)
The Smog is a webzine - a link to it can be found here. It will always be hosted on Smogon and we have no plans to produce it in PDF form or as a physical magazine.

Why is it that UU hasn't had any articles about it since the start of XY? OU, RU, and LC are all covered, and NU probably isn't popular enough for someone to write an article about it every month. I'm just curious, since I personally like UU as a tier. Is it just lack of interest on the part of writers?

Why is it that UU hasn't had any articles about it since the start of XY? OU, RU, and LC are all covered, and NU probably isn't popular enough for someone to write an article about it every month. I'm just curious, since I personally like UU as a tier. Is it just lack of interest on the part of writers?
Yes. If someone has a good article idea and sufficient metagame knowledge, we'd be glad to allow someone to write one!

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Yes, just submit an article application and wait for consideration. The Smog has had TGC stuff in the past and it's always been nice to have articles on a unique part of Pokemon that is overlooked often.

Why doesn't the strategy dex have counters and checks for pokemon? I miss the old strategy dex. It had a summary of pokemon's play style and attributes and at the end had checks and counters....

Why doesn't the strategy dex have counters and checks for pokemon? I miss the old strategy dex. It had a summary of pokemon's play style and attributes and at the end had checks and counters....
They'll be out soon, they still want to work out all the bugs before they add in the Checks and Counters / Overview / Other Options.

For future reference, direct all non-Smog related questions here

In Issues 36 and 37, there are several puzzles listed. So, are you guys planning to release the answers to these puzzles after the competition is over? (example, the Issue 36 puzzle competition is over but if someone just saw them today, they would have no way to check whether they got it correct)

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
In Issues 36 and 37, there are several puzzles listed. So, are you guys planning to release the answers to these puzzles after the competition is over? (example, the Issue 36 puzzle competition is over but if someone just saw them today, they would have no way to check whether they got it correct)
ooops!! haha sorry I'm in charge of that but I've been busy + distracted. The plan was to edit the answers into the page once the deadline has passed, and then link that in the next issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)