Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

1. Windows 7
  2. Chrome
  3. Yes, Opera and Firefox. Neither worked.
  4. A couple of days ago
  5. HingusTonger
  6. Cannot connect to the server at all. I keep getting the "You have been disconnected - possibly because the server has restarted message". Clicking reconnect simply reloads the page and gives me the same message.

http://img4web.com/view/LZ5GFT

you can see on the screenshot i cant see my moves/pokes
i can only see them when i click on attack/switch which is quite annoying and i cant really click the buttons at some places..hard to explain
and i can only see one of them at the same time and somehow i cant see the chat while i play

For some reason I cannot talk in Chat/PM/in battle or anywhere anymore although I didn't get muted of any sort (I wasn't even in a chat room) Anyone knows why that is or can someone fix that pls? It's very annoying if I try to say something and all it tells me is: "You are locked from talking in chat."

-Shadowkirby

For some reason I cannot talk in Chat/PM/in battle or anywhere anymore although I didn't get muted of any sort (I wasn't even in a chat room) Anyone knows why that is or can someone fix that pls? It's very annoying if I try to say something and all it tells me is: "You are locked from talking in chat."

-Shadowkirby
This isn't a bug or glitch, it means your account or IP are locked from talking because someone using that account or IP seriously broke the rules. Luckily locks wear off when the server restarts, meaning you'll only have to wait a few days to be unlocked.

I was banned cause of my little brother can you guys please unbann me i love pokemon showdown and my brother got on my laptop when i went to eat, he unfortunatly spammed everything/

Could it be that your browser window is formatted strangely or you have the page zoomed in? If it's neither of those, maybe you could try another browser?
thank you sir last time i tried with zooming and it was not better but now it works normally

1. Win8
  2. Google Chrome, v. 32.0.1700.102 m
  3. Nope, as it obviously isn't my browser
  4. Today
  5. wi-fi adapter
  6. As I connect, PS! says that my IP has been known for spamming or hacking websites and is thus locked. I was also advised not to use a proxy if I do. Now I am unable to post in the chats and as a result can't say "gg", and it really bugs me. I'm not using a proxy and my IP is not dynamic*
*also, if this ban is not a purely technical issue and can be appealed, I'd like to know where to do so, because the "discipline appeals" section here is private

1. Win8
  2. Google Chrome, v. 32.0.1700.102 m
  3. Nope, as it obviously isn't my browser
  4. Today
  5. wi-fi adapter
  6. As I connect, PS! says that my IP has been known for spamming or hacking websites and is thus locked. I was also advised not to use a proxy if I do. Now I am unable to post in the chats and as a result can't say "gg", and it really bugs me. I'm not using a proxy and my IP is not dynamic*
*also, if this ban is not a purely technical issue and can be appealed, I'd like to know where to do so, because the "discipline appeals" section here is private
Hi there! Yes, you are correct, our discipline appeals forum is private, however, any appeals that you make there will only be viewable between you and the PS! staff. I highly recommend that you post this there so it'll garner more views and attention and chances are someone would be better suited to help you, rather than posting about it here.

Hi there! Yes, you are correct, our discipline appeals forum is private, however, any appeals that you make there will only be viewable between you and the PS! staff. I highly recommend that you post this there so it'll garner more views and attention and chances are someone would be better suited to help you, rather than posting about it here.
Thank you! Fortunately, either that was a temporary glitch or I was unbanned, so the problem is not existent anymore :)

Hey there... Whenever I try to connect to Pokemon Showdown using Internet Explorer or the Windows Client, I get a Cloudflare Captcha page with no image.
(No image with text where it says "Enter above text")
http://i.imgur.com/1R5hzQf.jpg

I don't get this when using Chrome, but I would prefer to use Internet explorer for Showdown for a bunch of reasons.

Some extra information:
  • My OS is Windows 7.
  • I'm using Internet Explorer 11 (latest version).
  • I've tried Chrome and PS works fine on it.
  • This problem started today, suddenly.
  • My PS username is MNOPYZ.

Last edited:
Can anyone help me with a problem I've been having? I've been playing showdown at my college for a couple years now but its been having some problems. I don't think it's my colleges internet cause I've been OK connecting to showdown for the most part but now it's been acting strange and i cant connect to the server. I used to get on the main server and played on it for the entire 1st year of college before it started saying "Couldn't connect to server!" I didn't think much of it then and just decided to use frost. Now i cant connect to frost either though. I asked someone if i got banned but they said that it would generally say that you were banned like "You IP x.x.x.x is banned under the username: " or something. I also know it cant be my computer cause i just got it a couple months ago and had to get a factory reset recently too so its like its still pretty much brand new. Both those servers work fine when I'm back at home but i don't think internet is the problem since I've been playing for months before it stopped me. Is there anyone that can fix my problem?

1. Operating system - Windows 8
  2. Web Browser - Fire fox and Google chrome (problem happens on both but i mainly use Fire fox)
  3. Have you tried other browsers? Frost
  4. When did this problem start? Started for the main server a year ago and for frost 2 days ago
  5. Your PS username - Smokey-B

1. Windows 7
  2. Google Chrome
  3. No
  4. I have yet to be able to even play Showdown but I've been looking for a solution for a long time
  5. I have yet to get an account on Showdown but I plan to be HiCrazyCow
  6. I cannot use pokemon Showdown. Clicking Play online only results in a grey box on the right that says loading but it never loads and I have access to the teambuilder but when I click look for a battle it brings up a box that says "Username:" I can type anything in and click "Choose name" but then it closes the box. I can repeat that process an infinite number of times and it never works. Additionally I can view the Ladder and Credits but I cannot watch a battle either, it just always says loading. Someone said they experienced a similar problem when trying to play but said once they downloaded the client it worked for them. So instead of clicking on Play Online I clicked on Install for Windows XP+ It downloaded but when I tried to open it a pop-up read "Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy. More information at: http:msis.sf.net/NSIS_Error" I got some advice to try deleting all my caches which I did but it didn't help. I have no idea what to do now but really want to try playing Showdown to start trying competitive battling.

So I logged into Showdown the other day and tried to again this morning. But when I got into a battle something weird happened. I sent out my Talonflame, but instead, a Staravia came out. It had all the same moves and all. And I know it wasn't just me, my opponent saw it too. Then when I went into team builder, it wouldn't open. And then suddenly the server crashed. I tried to get back on but it kept repeating. Even today. Can someone help me please? I really want to battle. Please.

So I logged into Showdown the other day and tried to again this morning. But when I got into a battle something weird happened. I sent out my Talonflame, but instead, a Staravia came out. It had all the same moves and all. And I know it wasn't just me, my opponent saw it too. Then when I went into team builder, it wouldn't open. And then suddenly the server crashed. I tried to get back on but it kept repeating. Even today. Can someone help me please? I really want to battle. Please.
It sounds very unlikely that your Talonflame turned into a Staravia, you must've made a mistake with teambuilding. As for the crashes and assuming you're using the site, maybe you could try playing on another browser or try using the desktop client instead. If you're already playing on the desktop client then perhaps try the website. I'm not sure there's much more advice I could give you without more information on it.

1. Windows 8
2. Mozilla Firefox
3. Yes: Chrome and even IE
4. Started between Tuesday and Friday because I didn't get on after Monday until this Friday.
5. the catcher, the catcher4
6. Alright I'm on my University's wi-fi and it has been working the whole semester and it will not allow me to connect all of a sudden. Brings up the message "couldn't connect to server."

Last edited:
os windows 8
problem says can.t connect to sever i clicked link and it says showdowns up
chrome tired fire fox two did not work all browsers are upto date ie did not work as well
problem started after sever restart
ps name imas

Is there anything that I can do because I can't even connect to the https? I assume it's the university blocking the server but I don't know why. Should I take it up with them?

1. Windows 7
2. Used internet explorer , google chrome and opera error coming
3. Error is that I cant click on play and format neither can I go in chat room or saw them though team building option works for me
4. Its says me to reconnect and refresh but the error jst doesn't go.
So help me

it started a long time ago
and the error get is exactly like this
****You have been disconnected – possibly because the server was restarted.***

1. os: xbox 360
  2. internet explorer
  3. Have you tried other browsers?: none available on xbox 360
  4. When did this problem start?: has always happend
  5. Your PS username: green elf 91
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.). : pokemon showdown keeps disconnecting me everytime i load up the https:// it will load up entirely and then disconnect me immediately.... can i even play showdown on my xbox 360 in my web browser?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)