Pelipper [0/3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cute user: xzern came through with a good gif.

Skeleton.
Overview
########
+Good defensive typing and defensive stats.
+Reliable recovery options.
+Great defogger.
+Resistances to Bug, Fighting, Fire, Steel, Water and immune to ground.
+Physically defensive flying/water Pokemon swanna/Mantine doing different jobs.
-4x Weakness to electric.
-Abilities are not overly useful.
-Outsped by most sweepers.
-Weak to rocks.

Defensive Defog Support.
########
Name: Defensive Defog Support.
move 1: Defog
move 2: Scald
move 3: Roost
move 4: Toxic / Air Slash / U-Turn
ability: Keen Eye
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 Hp / 252 Defense / 4 SpA
Nature: Bold

Moves
========

• Defog is essential on pelipper being one of it's most reliable options and a very good asset to any team.
  • Roost is also rather essential on this set giving it a very reliable recovery option.
  • Scald being an essential offensive move with the chance to get a burn on attackers and on walls.
  • Toxic is a rather good move to have to almost guarantee a status on any other walls, attackers or anything.
  • U-Turn is basic, it gives it the chance to take a hit and deal a small amount of damage and then get a switch to gain the momentum.
  • Hurricane is a good choice for dealing with grass types, dealing huge damage although it's accuracy can let it down.

Set Details
========

• The standard defensie ev spread gives pelipper it's best possible chance to withstand the maximum amount of physical hits.
  • Keen eye is the only ability that should be used due to it being the only one compatible with defog.
  • Leftovers are there give a small amount of passive recovery.

Usage Tips
========

• Roost should be used to keep pelipper above 50-60%, being a vital mon to keep for defog and getting a toxic off on said stall mons, otherwise use often.
  • Switch pelipper into pokemon which it can check or counter such as poliwrath. then proceed to use defog to remove hazards or throw a toxic or scald at your opponent. otherwise use u-turn to gain momentum.
  • Pelipper as a defensive wall should rarely switch in a a special attack unless it's resisted and pelipper is at high health it's a bad choice to do so, try switching it in on something that can be clean enough for a roost or defog to go off.
  • Pelipper when used with toxic can be good to get a status off on other walls and stops it being fully walled by pokemon with water absorb such as lapras/lumineon allowing it to phase this mon quite well.

Team Options
========

• Defensive grass type pokemon along with offensive fire types can work well with pelipper as a core providing good coverage and switch ins on most typings.
  • Ground types are a great addition to any team with pelipper to take an incoming electric attack and then hit back hard.
  • Anything that doesn't appreciate rocks. E.G. fire types such as simisear, hazards chew up mons like this and getting a defog off can give them a save switch in.
  • Pelipper can easily switch in versus fighting spam, giving Pokemon like Tauros and klang an easy way out.

Other Options
########

• Rain dish is not an option due to defog being essential and the incompatibility of the ability and move.
  • A Life Orb, Rain Dish set on a rain team may seem gimmicky but it is not completely outdone by it's cousin swanna, also a rather fun set to run over Defog.
  • Tailwind is an option to help teammates, but is not practical due to it's short length.
  • Knock Off as another option gives pelipper an advantage against other walls or choiced pokemon allowing it to Knock Off their item and give it some momentum.
  • Flying stab can be useful if you are having problems with Fighting/Grass types but otherwise Toxic is a much better option than Hurricane/Air Slash.

Checks & Counters
########

**Electric Move Users** Any pokemon with moderately good attack stats and an electric attack can hurt it pretty bad, such as electabuzz and rotom-Frost.

**Fast Special Attackers** Most fast special attackers can ohko/2ko pelipper after an even without rocks.

**Taunt** Taunt users can ruin this set due to the fact it cannot defog roost or if carrying it, then toxic.

**Status** Status mainly toxic/burn can wear down pelipper rather well leaving it to be possibly 2ko'ed and wittled pretty easily.

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm assuming you just copied from the one you are doing in NU lol so everything looks pretty solid.
-I would say your team options needs some work though. As you can consolidate the first and third point into a fire / water / grass core. I would give some Pokemon that Pelipper likes to switch into fighting spam for, like Tauros.
-You mention air slash in oo remove that as its on the main set.
-I would mention status under C&C as it can wear Pelipper down quite quickly, and can even cause a pokemon to be able to 2HKO Pelipper.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Checks & Counters
########
**Water Absorb** Water Absorb users like lapras and poliwrath can hard wall pelipper even if it's carrying air slash/toxic they shouldn't be stopped by this and can force you to switch.
You'll need to make it more obvious which Pokemon isn't stopped by which (maybe add the word respectively?). Throw Mantine in there too.

Water Absorb mons don't really "counter" pelipper, especially considering the fact that they don't like toxic, and that pelipper isn't an attacker, so not taking damage from its stab move really doesn't mean anything. In fact, pelipper actually counters poliwrath, not the other way around, so I have no idea why you mentioned it.

Honestly I'd just move all flying stabs to oo, toxic is much better on a defensive mon like this. If you want a defogger with offensive presence, just use swanna. Flying stab really doesn't do anything for pelipper.

Some of the mons you mentioned are... questionable at best. Lapras, Lumineon, Electabuzz, and Klang are all either irrelevant or really niche, so I'd replace them with more common / good examples. Also, I have no earthly idea why feraligatr is mentioned in a PU analysis, lol.

Finally, I'd mention in the overview what pelipper's niche is over swanna and mantine, since all 3 of the water/flying type defoggers are about equal in terms of viablility, it would be nice to let readers know the reasons to use pelipper over the two of them.

Water Absorb mons don't really "counter" pelipper, especially considering the fact that they don't like toxic, and that pelipper isn't an attacker, so not taking damage from its stab move really doesn't mean anything. In fact, pelipper actually counters poliwrath, not the other way around, so I have no idea why you mentioned it.

Honestly I'd just move all flying stabs to oo, toxic is much better on a defensive mon like this. If you want a defogger with offensive presence, just use swanna. Flying stab really doesn't do anything for pelipper.

Some of the mons you mentioned are... questionable at best. Lapras, Lumineon, Electabuzz, and Klang are all either irrelevant or really niche, so I'd replace them with more common / good examples. Also, I have no earthly idea why feraligatr is mentioned in a PU analysis, lol.

Finally, I'd mention in the overview what pelipper's niche is over swanna and mantine, since all 3 of the water/flying type defoggers are about equal in terms of viablility, it would be nice to let readers know the reasons to use pelipper over the two of them.
Decided to remove water absorb completely agree with you on it, they hardly check let alone counter pelipper.
Everything else update to suit from what I can see. Lmk if I missed anything.

Edit: Also klang and the others you mentioned are getting an analysis so idk why they should be removed if they are relevant enough for one.

Last edited:

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Overview
########
- I'd say that rather than talk about what its stats can do, you should emphasize more on its Defogging abilities and explain more about what differentiates it from any other choice.
- You kind of already mention its resistances in the first point, no need to list what they are in point 4
- It's abilities don't really hinder it so its hardly relevant to mention it, and low speed is really not too big of a deal for defensive Pokemon. Honestly, its speed is average for a support Pokemon.

Defensive Defog Support.
########
- What's with the unnecessarily long set name? Just call it Defensive Defog
- Air Slash is probably best only as a Moves mention, unless there is a reason for it that you can explain

Moves
========
- Air Slash or Hurricane? Not sure which one you mean now.
- Still would say that Air Slash is fine here and Hurricane can go OO.

Usage Tips
========
- I'd like to see more helpful information in here. Stuff like when to Defog, when to attack, what kind of teams to use it on, etc.
- Why is Lumineon and Lapras mentioned? You should be able to think of far more relevant Pokemon for this. Everything that is full evolved gets an analysis, but that doesn't mean that they are relevant or even good.

Team Options
========
- Such as? It doesn't help to name a group of Pokemon if you can't provide a few examples
- Er, what Fighting spam? Most of the Fighting-types in PU rarely get paired together because they are all so slow (plus most lack Close Combat to spam). At best, you can say that these Pokemon appreciate the removal of bulky Fighting-types that can tank their hits and retaliate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)