Baton Pass
Encore
Endeavor
Heal Bell
Substitute
Thunder Wave
Work Up
Agility

So yeah Lopunny was terrible but now it has a mega so it's probably not terrible anymore.

Pros:
-Perfect neutral coverage from STABs alone, thanks to Scrappy
-Ridiculous support movepool, includes Healing Wish which is valuable and rare
-High speed
-High powered (102 and 130 BP) STAB moves
-Mildly bulky with 65 / 94 /96 bulk

Cons:
-High Jump Kick's issues
-Few resistances
-Normal doesn't hit anything super effectively
-Not particularly powerful so unable to break through physical walls like Slowbro, Alomomola and Skarmory

Possible sets:

All-out attacker:
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Healing Wish attacker:
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish

SubPass:
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

SubEndeavor:
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Endeavor

Encore+Baton Pass:
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Encore
- Baton Pass

uhh you get the picture, STABs+whatever sounds cool.

Last edited:

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
LAndo-T still takes a decent chunk from Return, I think fake out is a lot better. The extra bit of priority and safe mega evolution are quite valuable.

SubPunch:
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Drain Punch

I like this set a lot. You have two decent STABs in Drain Punch and Return, and if you get a Substitute up look out. This set plays really well against Stall teams (do they still exist?), but can also take advantage of Mega Lopunny causing a lot of switches against offensive teams. Drain Punch and Substitute also mesh well together. I don't have any good replays of this yet, but it plays really well in practice.

PuP:
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick / Drain Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Baton Pass / Substitute

The novelty of this set is in Scrappy PuP, which basically guarantees an attack boost, allowing it to muscle past several checks like Gliscor, Hippowdon, regular Slowbro, Mega Altaria, etc. which can check a +0 Lopunny but not a +1 or +2 Lopunny. This set is inspired by SubPuP Victini and is played in a similar way. Get a sub up on a predicted switch, or status move, or whatever, PuP whatever comes in once or twice, and proceed to kill off what would otherwise have been a good check. Drain Punch neuters the health loss from making subs and with PuP its lower base power isn't too bad, but HJK is still good for immediate power, like 2HKOing PDef Hippo at +1. Baton Pass on the other hand allows Lopunny to pass its boost to something else that benefits from the Atk boost to break whatever Lopunny couldn't; something like a Mamoswine, Garchomp, or Breloom would greatly appreciate a +1.

Last edited:
A cool thing about mega lopunny is that pre mega evolution it is limber so it can't be paralyzed by thundurus's prankster t-wave, so if he has a thundurus on his team you might want to wait until later to mega evolve, or set up a sub.
But then it will just get outspeed and defeatd by Focus Miss/Superpower... unless he tries to predict the Mega evolution, which is pointless when it can just defeat it

I think the best thing about Mega Lopunny is how insanely customizable its last two moveslots are. On top of all of the sets in the OP I've seen people use stuff like Heal Bell, Thunder Wave, Toxic to wear down its usual switch-ins like Lando-T and Slowbro, Magic Coat to screw over Sableye and Rotom-W trying to WoW it, and even AIDS shit like Entrainment.

Lopunny is checked/countered by Skarmory, Landorus-T, Mega Metagross, Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Scizor, Talonflame, SDef Gyarados (if it's not running ThunderPunch), Rhyperior, Mega Aggron and Clefable. Rotom-Wash can cripple/beat 6 out of these 8 checks. So, what are your opinions on this core?

Lopunny is checked/countered by Skarmory, Landorus-T, Mega Metagross, Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Scizor, Talonflame, SDef Gyarados (if it's not running ThunderPunch), Rhyperior, Mega Aggron and Clefable. Rotom-Wash can cripple/beat 6 out of these 8 checks. So, what are your opinions on this core?
Seems pretty nice but seems to have trouble with breloom because rotom-w can't switch in on bullet seed or rock tomb, or spore for that matter.

Seems pretty nice but seems to have trouble with breloom because rotom-w can't switch in on bullet seed or rock tomb, or spore for that matter.
Chesnaught can, however. Immune to Spore and Bullet Seed, and hardy takes any damage from his other attacks. You'll still have trouble with Chefable, though, and Talon becomes a bigger problem.

Gothitelle is an amazing partner for Lopunny. With T-Bolt and Shadow Ball, it is able to trap Skarmory and dent Metagross, and with Psychic hits everything else like Conk. I've been using this successfully for the past few days.

Where does Lopunny get High Jump Kick? I know it has Jump Kick, but every source i check says it doesnt have high jump kick. even on Pokemon Showdown it says HJK is "Illegal"

Where does Lopunny get High Jump Kick? I know it has Jump Kick, but every source i check says it doesnt have high jump kick. even on Pokemon Showdown it says HJK is "Illegal"
You can use HJK. He learns it in ORAS, and if you put it on Lop, it'll be allowed on the ORAS ladder.

silver97

GUNDELEROS WE DO THE PATTO DI SANGUE
lopunny seems to be an awesome pokemon vs offensive teams, featuring many positive traits to beat them. fake out breaks sashes and does some damage that helps KOing the opponent with the perfect STAB coverage, it has also healing wish that supports its own offensive team and give its teammates another chance to sweep. i am interested in seeing how this will work in the OU meta

Mega Lopunny covers a similar niche to that of mega-medicham, but lop hits weaker and also scrappy. That said, volt switchers and u-turners are always welcome partners for lop for the aggressive switch-in (Lando-T, Rotom-w, CBScizor). Rotom-w, as mentioned before, especially covers for lopunny nicely. breloom is frail and shouldn't be a problem, since a combination of fake-out and hjk from lopunny should be able to take it out :| . CBScizor is also nice with that U-turn and counter for clefable.

Mega Lopunny covers a similar niche to that of mega-medicham, but lop hits weaker and also scrappy. That said, volt switchers and u-turners are always welcome partners for lop for the aggressive switch-in (Lando-T, Rotom-w, CBScizor). Rotom-w, as mentioned before, especially covers for lopunny nicely. breloom is frail and shouldn't be a problem, since a combination of fake-out and hjk from lopunny should be able to take it out :| . CBScizor is also nice with that U-turn and counter for clefable.
Yeah, don't stay in against breloom. Mach punch OHKOs after rocks.

I've got to ask, is there anything really relevant after base 122s (i.e ninja) that you need to outspeed?
Pretty much everything past 122 mLop doesn't want to stay in on and likely can't OHKO thus forcing a switch bar weavile which doesn't tend to carry 252 spe anyway. I've been using a set FastFlygon (can't tag on mobile) posted in another thread and i've gotta say it works wonders. mLop has decent bulk, might as well do something with it.
96 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 156 Spe
Has pulled me through a lot of wins. It survived a kyubs outrage and OHKOd with hjk in return for a win.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-177462181

Just a suggestion.

Cynara

Banned deucer.
EDIT: Posted edited due to mistakes when using the damage calculator, ignore this post

Last edited:

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've got to ask, is there anything really relevant after base 122s (i.e ninja) that you need to outspeed?
Pretty much everything past 122 mLop doesn't want to stay in on and likely can't OHKO thus forcing a switch bar weavile which doesn't tend to carry 252 spe anyway. I've been using a set FastFlygon (can't tag on mobile) posted in another thread and i've gotta say it works wonders. mLop has decent bulk, might as well do something with it.
96 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 156 Spe
Has pulled me through a lot of wins. It survived a kyubs outrage and OHKOd with hjk in return for a win.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-177462181

Just a suggestion.
Yes, there are, in fact.

After a Dragon Dance boost, Dragonite reaches a speed stat of 388, while (Mega) Gyarados reaches 391. Mega Lopunny, on the other hand, reaches 405 Speed when its Speed is maxed out with a Jolly nature.

Both of these threats are pretty damn important, especially considering Mega Lopunny can OHKO Mega Gyarados with Hi Jump Kick and can't be OHKOed by +1 Extremespeed from Dragonite (57.1 - 67.5%), and in return can revenge kill it with Ice Punch. Going Max Speed also allows Lopunny to tie with opposing Mega Manectric as well as outrun Adamant Mega Beedrill, both of which are massive pains for offensive teams because they can typically revenge kill mons in the base 90-120 range. Lowering Speed EVs for a few hit points will not boost bulk significantly, so you may as well go max.

t;dr Max Speed Mega Lopunny is primarily a non-Choice revenge killer that can kill common threats to offensive teams, and lowering the Speed in the name of "muh bulk" generally yields less benefits.

Yeah I can really see this being an ev spread, there isn't much in the tier Lopunny isn't outspeeding after greninja this also allows it to outspeed Scarf Tyranitar etc. But Max speed will ensure you speed tie with other lopunny because people will probably be running standard towards the beginning of X/Y, surviving Kyu-bs outrage is great

252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 96 HP / 4 Def Lopunny: 220-259 (74.5 - 87.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

not really a realistic calc, but shows how much bulk Lopunny actually has, yes this is taking the megas stats into account. But I believe without investment it can survive a Outrage

252+ Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lopunny: 191-226 (70.4 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Max attack Kyu-b is more lower on the ladder and is kinda rare and it's definately.

Somewhat more realistic Calc, Lopunny is surviving this, so max speed might be a viable option too just for the niche of tieing with other lopunny. but yeah I'll give this set a go!
What kind of potato are you operating that's yielding these calculations?

252+ Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 96 HP / 0 Def Lopunny: 360-425 (122 - 144%) -- guaranteed OHKO

65 HP / 94 Def isn't THAT good, no matter how you slice it.

Last edited:

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Yes, there are, in fact.

After a Dragon Dance boost, Dragonite reaches a speed stat of 388, while (Mega) Gyarados reaches 391. Mega Lopunny, on the other hand, reaches 405 Speed when its Speed is maxed out with a Jolly nature.

Both of these threats are pretty damn important, especially considering Mega Lopunny can OHKO Mega Gyarados with Hi Jump Kick and can't be OHKOed by +1 Extremespeed from Dragonite (57.1 - 67.5%), and in return can revenge kill it with Ice Punch. Going Max Speed also allows Lopunny to tie with opposing Mega Manectric as well as outrun Adamant Mega Beedrill, both of which are massive pains for offensive teams because they can typically revenge kill mons in the base 90-120 range. Lowering Speed EVs for a few hit points will not boost bulk significantly, so you may as well go max.

What kind of potato are you operating that's yielding these calculations?

252+ Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 96 HP / 0 Def Lopunny: 360-425 (122 - 144%) -- guaranteed OHKO

65 HP / 94 Def isn't THAT good, no matter how you slice it.
Oh wow I accidently put a 1 infront of Lopunnys base defense, ignore my post :L, thanks for pointing that out

ebolaking

Banned deucer.
mega lopunny is such a good mon for both its high speed and its great ability which does not care about ghost-type and hits them with normal and fighting moves
hjk, return and fake out to get its mega's speed are needful while as last move you can pick either thunder wave to cripple fast mons or toxic which hits its checks such as landorus-t/slowbro and wears them down easily. shame this pokemon doesnt get u-turn that would be crisp if paired to gothitelle

silver97

GUNDELEROS WE DO THE PATTO DI SANGUE
Yes, there are, in fact.

i would say also popular scarfers such as magneton and heatran that are both KOed by lop but outspeed it if you don't max the speed. i also add scarf lando-t that usually wants to outspeed m-manectric so it should outspeed even if you are max, but who knows

mega lopunny is such a good mon for both its high speed and its great ability which does not care about ghost-type and hits them with normal and fighting moves
hjk, return and fake out to get its mega's speed are needful while as last move you can pick either thunder wave to cripple fast mons or toxic which hits its checks such as landorus-t/slowbro and wears them down easily. shame this pokemon doesnt get u-turn that would be crisp if paired to gothitelle
Baton pass for the switching initiative bro.

Lopunny is seriously one of the best Megas of the new batch, it's up there with the big guns. Fake Out + Return/HJK combination will pretty much allow it to bring down any frail offensive Pokemon it pleases and it can spam HJK really easily, almost nothing can switch in and take 2 of these comfortably. Fake Out as well as picking off weakened offensive threats also helps stall out rain teams, and always allows it to Mega evolve safely. Its solid coverage from only two moves makes prediction easy and it has no trouble revenge killing big threats like Latios, Bisharp, Greninja, and even +1 Dragonite since Fake Out breaks Multiscale.

Notice the threats I mentioned are also some of offence's best answers for the Rotom-W/Landorus-T combination. Rotom-W/Landorus-T/Mega Lopunny will become a defining offensive core of ORAS as just those 3 alone can check/counter/revenge kill almost every offensive Pokemon. I tried a team built around this core on the ORAS ladder and it was extremely effective, just bring a wallbreaker too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)