Other OU Teambuilding Competition V4 - Round 14 (ORAS TEAMBUILDING) See post #156

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the Team 5 or 7, we can mindgame to deal w/ M Voir. Usually, switch to Ferro and then double switch to Lando-T. Altrough quite risky if the opponent predicts.

I'll get people's opinions for this. Would you prefer me to start the rounds on Fridays or Mondays?

Fridays give the weekend for anyone who wants to teambuiild and test, more time = better teams. (Late Friday-Wednesday Teambuilding. Thursday-Late Friday Voting)

Mondays gives an easier time in following the thread (someone new to the thread may think teambuilding starts monday and finishes friday etc) Monday- Friday Teambuilding. Saturday-Sunday Voting.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I'll get people's opinions for this. Would you prefer me to start the rounds on Fridays or Mondays?

Fridays give the weekend for anyone who wants to teambuiild and test, more time = better teams. (Late Friday-Wednesday Teambuilding. Thursday-Late Friday Voting)

Mondays gives an easier time in following the thread (someone new to the thread may think teambuilding starts monday and finishes friday etc) Monday- Friday Teambuilding. Saturday-Sunday Voting.
Friday with specification in the thread that every new round starts Friday.

Edit: Where are all the people voting? lol

Inflikted

Orco2
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm voting team 2 because I like the all-out offensive and reckless teambuilding phylosophy behind it. I only don't agree with the choice of the Manaphy set, I would probably have chosen a rain dance + tail glow one because rain does not last enough in my experience to interfere with zard's flare blitz (plus you usually set it up when you're going to sweep with it, so...). I also personally don't use thund since the end of July but it seems to fit this team rather well.

So yea, I think team 2 would be the most fun one to play, even if some of the other teams handle threats better, also due to their more balanced approach.

Also, as someone already pointed out, the way mega gardevoir (especially taunt + focus blast variants) rapes these teams is amazing. I really know what to use if anyone starts to spam these while I'm motivated enough to ladder for olt :toast:

Winner of Round 11 is vinc608s Team 5! Congratz Mate n_n

I will update everything tonight, I'm a little busy moving house and don't have a lot of time.

For Round 12 we won't be having a core.
I have talked it over with people and decided to move this thread on to the ORAS era!!

So for Round 12 teams will be required to have 1 ORAS mega-evolution. (Outside Mence, I personally think he would be used in most teams because he is so strong atm)

Remember to send replays once you have them, you can still send me an original version of your team without.

Last edited:
So for Round 12 teams will be required to have 1 ORAS mega-evolution. (Outside Mence, I personally think he would be used in most teams because he is so strong atm)
Wait, so we can't use Mega-Mence (because he'd be too popular), but we should account for it in team building, correct?

how many replays would be ideal

because i have little time/desire to acquire multiple every round, but i'm not sure just one can sufficiently demonstrate its effectiveness.

how many replays would be ideal

because i have little time/desire to acquire multiple every round, but i'm not sure just one can sufficiently demonstrate its effectiveness.
Any amount you want mate, I would prefer two vs different styles, but if you don't have time just get what you can

There were over 10 teams submitted for this round, because of this many teams I've had to cut. Firstly, I want to apologise if the team you submitted is not here, I made a choice on the teams I thought were best through testing. For anyone who submitted and does not have their team here, I'd like to thank you for the time you put into building and I hope you join again in later rounds! n_n

Team 1:

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Waterfall

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP / 192 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Slack Off
Sceptile is the Mega Evo of choice for this team, as I consider it to be one of the more underrated threats in pre-ORAS OU as well as being super fun to use. After deciding I wanted to build in the style of bulky offense, I chose my Sceptile set and got to work. As far as partners for Mega Sceptile go, Heatran and Azumarill could not be more obvious choices. The three have perfect synergy together, and with the proper sets they can check nearly the entire tier. That being said, Heatran was ultimately replaced with SD Talonflame, as the team lacked a consisted win condition and really struggled with certain mons like Keldeo and Greninja that Talonflame keeps the field clear of as well as Stallbreaker Mew, which can seriously cripple all three members. CB Azu was chosen over AssVest intiailly, as I believed the team much appreciated the wallbreaking power vs extra bulk as well as making Azu a much more effective revenge killer, but this ultimately turned out not to be the case in practice. Superpower has been chosen over Knock Off to nab surprise KOs against filthy Ferrothorns that aim to get a free switchin, with the rest being standard. Sceptile's set was a mixed one aimed to eliminate as many threats as possible, but in testing I've found that on this team frequent switching can really cause issues if you happen to mispredict at an inopportune time, so the mixed set has been swapped for sub + 3 attacks to allow Sceptile to be played much more aggressively. Hippowdon is my SR setter, chosen partly because of massive bulk but mainly due to its ability to cancel rain, with Rock Slide>Whirlwind to nail birds that could otherwise be problematic as well as popping exca and tran's air balloons, which can be a massive pain in the ass to deal with otherwise. Latios was added for defog and to check Keldeo/Mega Venusaur, two mons that could otherwise be very problematic.. Bisharp was the last member added, checking a myriad of mons that could otherwise be troublesome such as the Latis, pre-mega Diancie, Tyranitar, and opposing Sceptile, as well as packing the invaluable Knock Off and Sucker Punch. Overall, this a very fun/solid team that I really enjoy using and hope everyone else does as much as myself. TEAM HAS BEEN UPDATED SINCE THIS EXPLANATION

Team 2:

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Work Up
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Frustration

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Healing Wish
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Veil
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Moonblast

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
Basically, I chose Mega Lopunny because of its good speed tier at 135 and its high attack at 136 and becausebunny
I realised that Mega Lopunny can be weak to some stuff, namely Talonflame and Mega Metagross(which can be handled by Mega Lopunny when weakened), Hippowdon could take on both well as their attacks can be tanked by Hippowdon, which can retaliate with its attacking moves
Scarf Keldeo could beat my first two mons, with Secret Sword and Hydro Pump respectively, and I needed something for it, so Latias came in, with Defog support and the ability to handle Keldeo
This is my mon to set up Stealth Rocks. With Hippowdon needing all its moves to handle Talonflame and Mega Metagross and other physical attackers, Garchomp was looking like the most viable option to set up Stealth Rocks
I kinda needed a secondary check to Keldeo as my team is really weak to it, and I wanted something that could set up on the special side with good defenses, Clefable was the best option
Since I had Hippowdon, I thought, why not have Excadrill to pair up with it. Excadrill and Mega Lopunny can weaken each other's checks for either to sweep, and despite me already having Latias, having Spin support was good as I could at time preserve the sash on Garchomp to deal with threats to the team and weaken it

Team 3:

Sableye @ Sableite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 100 SpA / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Shadow Ball

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 216 Def / 28 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
Looking at the megas from ORAS and their released stats, I immediately wanted to use Mega Sableye, Prankster CM/WoW with that amazing bulk and recover is just too good, I really wanted to use it, even though crits are a bane. I knew people are going to spam Mega Salamence and I didn't want to use it. The only problem with Mega Sableye are Fairy Types, mainly Clefable and Mega Diancie, so I added Ferrothorn, which not only checks most Fairy types, but also gives T-wave support and Spikes support for my Mega Sableye to pressure the opponent along with WoW. Whenever I have spikes, I always want to have rocks, so I just slapped Lando-T and made it bulky because scarf is everywhere and too predictable now, besides I love bulky Knock Off users. I was looking very Keldeo weak, so I slapped LO 3 attacks Latias with roost (no defog). Azumarill was my next choice since I was weak to both Fire and Ice, I made it banded since nobody sees it coming anymore, it surprisingly OHKOs Slowbro after some chip damage (Rocks + 1 spike). After that, I just added Magnezone to get rid of pesky Steel-types, including Ferrothorn and Scizor for both Azumarill and Latias. Magnezone is a big counter to Mega Sableye, so if I see a Magnezone I usually check it with my own Magnezone. The EVs are pretty much normal except for Lando-I and Sableye, as for Landorus-T, it just gives him max HP for maximum bulk, 28 SpD to be able to take a Draco from Latios, 16 with Adamant hit a jump point to let Lando-T hit harder, and the rest are put into Def. As for Sableye, max hp for maximum bulk, the SpD evs allow it to take on Greninja and Mega Sceptile better, and 32+ EVs allow it take on/handle/cripple Mega Salamence, Excadril, Bisharp, and Crawdaunt much better.

Team 4:

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Acid Spray

Sableye @ Sableite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Taunt

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Ice Punch
- Recover

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- U-turn
- Iron Head

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic
Tentacruel + Mega Sableye are the anti-hazard and anti-stallbreaking core, leaving the rest of the team free to focus on covering as many offensive threats as possible, while also covering some themselves, such as Mega Gallade, Terrakion, Greninja, LO Gengar, and Keldeo to an extend. More specifically, Tentacruel counters CM Mega Sableye, Clefable, Taunt + Toxic Heatran, and RestTalk Mega Slowbro, and Mega Sableye takes care of stallbreaking Gliscor, Mew, and Talonflame, as well as most defensive SR setters. Quagsire covers many important threats, such as Mega Lopunny, Bisharp, Mega Manectric, Mega Charizard X, and DD Bulky Mega Salamence (with Sub or Refresh), which is why Quagsire has Ice Punch over Earthquake, otherwise Mega Salamence can just make me waste all of my Recover PPs with Return, which has way more PPs. Then, Blissey + Jirachi + Landorus-T deal with the rest of the threats left uncovered, such as most special attackers, Mega Heracross, offensive Mega Salamence, and more, while also providing a lot of utility, such as Wish support for Tentacruel and Landorus-T, Stealth Rock, and Heal Bell. U-turn over Body Slam on Jirachi because i already have tons of Toxic and burn support, so i don't like paralysis getting in the way, and U-turn is nice to be lass passive. Blissey over Chansey because otherwise Knock Off Landorus owns me. Toxic on Landorus-T is mainly for Mega Heracross btw, which just uses me as set up bait otherwise. The strategy is simple, stall the opponent to death with passive damage, with any of the two Knock Off users, 3 Toxic users, 3 burn inducers, and Stealth Rock damage.

Team 5:

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Gunk Shot

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
I decided to use Mega Gallade because I think it's really underrated. It was initially dismissed as an inferior Medicham until its stats were revealed. With 165 Atk and 110 Speed, Mega Gallade is a huge threat to both balanced and offensive teams. Very few Pokemon can wall the SD + 3 Attacks set.

Greninja is on the team because why wouldn't you use Greninja in ORAS? It has very few safe switch-ins with Gunk Shot added to its movepool since Azumarill and Clefable can no longer counter it. Greninja acts as the late game cleaner once Gallade has annihilated opposing walls.

Scarf Landorus-T is still a great revenge killer while Rotom-W is even better in ORAS since it checks many of the new Megas. Landorus-T and Rotom-W form a Volt-Turn core that helps Gallade and Greninja switch-in easier.

Latios keeps rocks off the field to improve the longevity of my Volt-Turn core and checks Keleo/Charizard Y which can often trouble the core. Ferrothorn provides Stealth Rock support and helps a lot against Rain teams.

Good luck to everyone!

Voting will last till Friday 23:59pm October the 31st and remember to give a reason for your vote or it will NOT count!

I wish I could vote.. I really enjoy using one of these teams, it quickly became one of my favourite teams to use in a long time.. But I can't show bias n_n

Last edited:

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Team 1 because I really think it is the team with the fewest flaws out of these teams. Team 2 is raped by Azumarill and Greninja, plus has a lot of trouble breaking physically defensive cores eg with Slowbro. I also don't like the Lopunny set. Team 3 legit loses to any Greninja that carries HP Fire and really needs more Speed. I don't like some other aspects of the team like not using Superpower on Azumarill, Roost + 3 attacks Latias over Latios, Specs Mag > Scarf, and in general how slow the team is and thus its inability to keep pace vs offense. Team 4 I actually have a team based around the same core (Sableye + Tentacruel + Jirachi) and I think this rendition really just has a lot of redundancies in the building plus doesn't really have as solid of a defensive backing as I would prefer (the only really bulky sponge is Blissey) and furthermore it's pretty much destroyed by Pinsir. Team 5 is cool, but I don't like the choice of Rotom-W for that particular team and I think Team 1 is better. It has a solid offense with two fast mons + double priority, as well as the defensive backbone of Hippowdon. Overall I just feel is the most well-rounded team of the ones submitted.

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
aight:
Team 1 Venutran+better bisharp check basically walls entire team with ease :[
Team 2 Quag/Slowbro+Tran bop. Strong Fairies (mega garde, azu) dismantle. It has too many HO elements in it (Lopunn, lead garch, Lo exca) and then too much bulky shit, and the team seems rly conflicted. Also lead sr chomp+defog :[
Team 3: Very weak to ice beam+hp fire+gunk ninja, but this is ninja, and clear smog amoong looks super annoying :[ Aside from that it looks super fun and solid, nice ;] my vote goes here.
Team 4 too weak to gengar n flyspam n dragspam n spam in general. SubSD megachomp is gg.
Team 5 Garde comes in and shrekts, a better answer than gunk shot ninja is needed against fairies for this team :/ I feel like ferro really bogs this team down and just kills all the momentum :[ Despite adding bulky elements it still pretty much loses to mlopunn and sub+3 attacks scept.

So team 3 takes the cake after a somewhat thorough look thru all of them

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Going with Team 1 - agreeing with all of Jukain's points, everything is very solidly built and well balanced, it has very good offensive presence from all mons except for hippowdown, but thats understandable. While the team has trouble switching into Greninja, Talonflame and mega evolved sceptile do a great job of checking / revenge killing it, so I dunno if its too much of a problem.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Gonna have to go with team 5.
1 is walled by VenuTran, and the random hippo doesn't rly fit :/
2 literally loses to Skarm. / Bro. / any fairy lol too physical based to be truly effective.
3 is p decent imo, but I feel it's rly slow and loses to ninja. Scarf Lando > pivot and sr > spikes on ferro would improve this team immensely.
4 is just some shitty ass stall squad that is str 6-0ed by Garde + mag. I'm sorry to who made it but it's honestly bad. Also quag straight loses to offensive Ddmence lol
5 is just a good offensive core, tho ferro could honestly be replaced by rank or lead chomp as to not kill momentum.

Reactions: zbr

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Team 5 cause out of that and Team 1 I think it looks a bit more consistent in applying pressure. Team 1 is nice until you see how easy Bisharp can pursuit trap Latios which is necessary to maintain Tflame well. Team 2 is just asking for Keldeo + Mega-Metagross cores to come in and do work against it. Team 3 is alright I just feel like it loses momentum pretty easily considering the choices that were made. HP Ice Lando-I is the death of Team 4 and once you pile more wallbreakers/sweepers it's over. On Team 5 though I would definitely just go Sassy nature on Ferrothorn if you're using that as a check to M-Garde and Rain. I do agree with Srn that Ferro kills momentum but then again obviously these teams are based on player style/preferences so w/e works really.

I've had responses from the teambuilders to respond to the voters. Here we are:

Team 1:

sand makes mega venusaur much easier to wear down

Team 3:
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. +1 248 HP / 128 SpD Mega Sableye: 107-126 (35.3 - 41.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Hidden Power Fire vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 242-283 (74.6 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 218-257 (67.2 - 79.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
While Greninja is a bane, as many have you said, it certainly does not beat this team, Greninja is one of the biggest threats, but it has very few switch ins, not on my team, but as in OU as a whole. 1-on-1, Sableye can handle Greninja by mega evolving and CM-ing on the same turn, never allowing Greninja to 2HKO with Recover, and doing a lot back with Shadow Ball. Magnezone can take hit even after a spike or a residual damage of that sort and can OHKO back. Many of you are also missing a point, while Ice Beam+HP Fire+Gunk Shot+Hydro Pump does a number on my team, your forgetting that most Greninja are now Dark Pulse > HP Fire / Gunk Shot / Hydro Pump to get Mew and Slowbro (which are as common as ever). Dark Pulse is almost on every single Greninja now, and even if ninja had anything over it, Sableye and Magnezone can handle it. As for the slow-pacing, yes that is true but this is just play-preference. Finally, about momentum, then I should say this team does not lose it really easily, the combination of Spikes and Stealth rock with unexpected T-wave from Ferrothorn (especially on predicted fast/annoying mons like Greninja, Lati@s or even Heatran) all give huge momentum this team. More momentum can come by switching Stone Edge (which is not that needed thanks to Prankster WoW, Azumarill, and Ferro which their combo can handle most threats) to U-turn on Lando-t, but again this is preference based (I actually am using U-turn atm).

Team 4:
(fat Jukain said:
and furthermore it's pretty much destroyed by Pinsir.)
Physically defensive Landorus-T is a good check to Mega Pinsir, and all the other Pokemon on my team either win 1 on 1 against it (Mega Sableye), or have status to cripple it.

(fat Srn said:
Team 4 too weak to gengar n flyspam n dragspam n spam in general. SubSD chomp is gg.)​
LO Gengar is checked by Tentacruel and even Blissey in a pinch (to LO stall a bit), SubSD Garchomp is countered by Quagsire, Flying spam is checked by Landorus-T and Quagsire, and Dragon spam is checked by Quagsire, Jirachi, and Landorus-T.

(fat AM said:
HP Ice Lando-I is the death of Team 4)
This is countered by Blissey.

(fat -Clone- said:
4 is just some shitty ass stall squad that is str 6-0ed by Garde + mag. I'm sorry to who made it but it's honestly bad. Also quag straight loses to offensive Ddmence lol)​
Jirachi dgaf about Mega Gardevoir. Also, Landorus-T is the go to check to Ddmence, not Quagsire.

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
Team 4

I really like the idea behind how it's built specifically to counter most of the stallbreakers in the game, especially the big threats like Mega Mence, Gengar, and Greninja. Yes, Mega Pinsir is a threat, but considering on how many ORAS Megas now outclass Pinsir like Mega Mence, Sceptile, Lopunny, basically anything that hits just as hard as Pinsir but faster, it's not going to be seen in the meta very often at the moment. Another minor nuisance is Suicune. Yes, you have a sableye to taunt, but considering you're not specially defensive, it doesn't enjoy taking a +1 Scald to the face, while also risking the burn. Tentacrul might do work w/ the acid spray, but again, risking the burn. Props to whoever made the squad. Stall is not an easy style to build, especially w/ proper planning. Nice work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)