Hearthstone [IRC Channel #Skillstone]

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Deathrattle Priest needs a nerf, Undertaker and Dark Cultist especially. As a Shaman player, Cabal Shadow Priest is frustrating as well.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Probly the only thing that would need a nerf for Deathrattle decks in general is Undertaker. The card just spirals out of control way too often, and after 2 boosts it becomes a 3/4, and at that point it stays ahead of the curve for removal if you keep buffing it every turn.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Lol anyone else catch the super embarrassing missed lethal in the Jab v Tides game.... like what?

Undertaker would probably be a lot easier to deal with if it was a 2 mana 2/2 or a 3 mana 3/3, because then it wouldn't be a threat that snowballs from turn 1. But I mean, it's only disgusting in Zoo, Priest, Shaman, Hunter, Druid, and Mage.

Lol anyone else catch the super embarrassing missed lethal in the Jab v Tides game.... like what?
The worst part was the casters didn't even see it IIRC. DTwo missed lethal as well, but admittedly I bet a lot of people would miss something like removal on hero power Taunt totem, silence Rag with Ironbeak and then PO it on a fairly complicated board like that (and he was low on life). He did see it a turn later for what it was worth.

Tarei BM after beating Tides was 20/10 heh. I dunno if he should've said that in the post-match interview though especially since Tides seemed upset after the loss and who could blame him.

"All you Miracle players that disenchanted Leeroy and cut Shadowsteps to put in Sinister Strikes and Deckhand/Arcane Golem? You're doing it wrong!" -Tarei 2014

got another 12 win arena run

is anyone interested in paying a small amount for arena coaching? i've had 3 12 wins, countless 11 and 10 with all the other classes, and generally know what im doing from years of yugioh experience. if u want to get cards thru arena and not packs, im poor and can help you

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i raise you 12 wins no flamestrikes 1 fireball

not pictured: 1x spectral knight / 1x frost elemental / 1x blizzard

turns out ice lance is actually decent with that much freeze synergy & gadgetzan
also duplicate is fucking insane in arena

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Arena is so beta season. Anyway what deck is everyone running now? I've been sticking with my Farsight shaman with a bit of Violet Teacher miracle thrown in depending on the amount of Mage I see. Been as high as 2 and am sitting at 5 currently

finally

how can you swallow so much sleep?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Arena is so beta season. Anyway what deck is everyone running now? I've been sticking with my Farsight shaman with a bit of Violet Teacher miracle thrown in depending on the amount of Mage I see. Been as high as 2 and am sitting at 5 currently
i have been using a heavy shaman. it runs cairne, ragnaros, sylvanas, single doomhammer, dual fire elementals + all the standard removal. i cut out some of the potential early game aggression (cut out nerubian egg) and snowballing potential for the bigger power houses of the late game. my reasoning is that the amazing removal potential of shaman helps you play your big guys while removing the enemies guys. (also dont have al'akir yet :[)

also ill run reincarnate shaman which is like the above except with one or two reincarnates used in conjunction with sylvanas or cairne. works very nicely with sylvanas, and reincarnate is overall more reliable than ancestral spirit or baron riverdare. reincarnation also works as a silence if you don't have a deathrattle minion to activate its deathrattle (the potential :])

right now im sitting at 5

I've been bouncing around between 6 to 7 decks the whole season, never sticking to any of them for a long period of time. Starting a new job two weeks ago has further taken away from my HS time. Naturally, I haven't climbed far at all and hang around rank 9-10 atm. I doubt I will climb much further. As someone who reached Legend back in July, I'm disappointed in myself but life happens so w/e. Maybe I'll seriously make a push next month.

Oh...that's right, the decks lol. Your standard Midrange Shaman, Control Warrior and even some Tempo Rogue. I also picked up the aggressive Druid that the C9 players made popular not too long ago as well as a really janky version of Freeze Mage that was actually doing OK until today (missing some cards that some would say are "key"....we'll see :P ). Tried some Control Pally for a little bit, but it didn't work out. I just don't like the style of the archetype (it's REALLY REALLY slow) and the fact that the popular builds have a complete lack of early game and have no respect for Aggro IMO (funny how some people also build their Control Warriors the same way). I just can't play a deck that literally doesn't play it's first card until turn 4. I even messed around with Murlocs earlier in the season. I haven't climbed with Hunter at all, only playing a few games in Casual with it.

I knew HS was gonna slow down now that the only tournament left is the World Championships at Blizzcon, but the lull still sucks :(. It will probably stay like this until the new set comes out.

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think the meta is more aggro than its ever been with the secrets mage, hunter, shaman burst, and new secret paladin. I dislike it as i play more control but I agree that nothing big will happen till the expansion

I'm at 3 currently, hopefully I can make a push before the season ends.

I used Handlock at the beginning before Hunter came back with a vengeance. Control Paladin has been pretty consistent for me throughout the season, but I use a really anti-aggro build, I disagree with the greedy lists that popular players use. I mean, that could be best for tournaments, where you're bringing the deck as a counter for Handlock and Control Warrior, you don't have to worry about Zoo or Hunter with it, so you can go super late game and have your first minion that you play be Sludge Belcher or something ridiculous like that. But on ladder, it's difficult to get away with. I've also played with Midrange Druid, an arena-style Control Mage, my own Control Warrior that's getting less ghetto over time, a Midrange Shaman, plenty of Zoo, and Control Priest. They've all been pretty decent. Other than Paladin, the lists are pretty standard, but that one works well for me.

Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 12.49.03 PM.png

I think it's unnecessary to add stuff like Ragnaros, Ysera, Sylvanas, Cairne, or Kel'Thuzad when you have the value button as your hero power. Control Warrior can be greedy because it needs to win with the 30 cards it has, but Paladin will beat or tie every class in a fatigue war. It's more important to not get rolled over in the early game, which is why I have Zombie Chow, Loot Hoarder, and Harvest Golem. I also don't run Holy Light because I usually can contest the board enough that I'm not dying. And I use the 4-5-6 taunt core to get a better matchup against aggro decks, so that I can stay ahead. This gives me a really high win rate against Shaman, Zoo, and Hunter, and while the win rate may suffer a bit against traditionally good matchups like Priest, Handlock, and Warrior, those are all still favorable. Aggro Mage is really hard to deal with, but Freeze Mage you should win against if you save your heal until after Alexstraza and they don't pull a 30 damage combo. I think it's optimal and it's favorable against most of the meta.

http://imgur.com/a/AMQ4j
First 12. Not pictured, Nightblade, Hogger, Onyxia... though neither legendaries did any of the work. I think what made this deck work was the insane amount of removal in it with the ability to keep board presence at the same time.

Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 11.18.44 PM.png

As you can see, I used zoo for my final deck, although I was switching between that and control priest over the last few days.

Matthew

Hey guys i'll be streaming a little bit today, if you'd like to come hang out and watch me suffer versus the Hunter onslaught. Http://www.twitch.tv/boygenny

edit:

sorry for the short stream i just hate the metagame right now and figure out a deck that i want to use.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)