ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I'm pretty sure it's a fix to the serial code thing
There were issues with the Diancies being generated
If you're talking about the 3 IVs thing, no it didn't fix that. I redeemed my Diancie serial code after the patch went live and mine doesn't have 3+ perfect IVs.

So has anyone dissected the x&y patch yet? Anything in it relevant to ORAS?
It's already been stated by GF (or nintendo; can't remember which) that there will not be a XY patch released to improve compatibility between XY and ORAS. XY will always be without the ORAS Megas, Primals, Weather Trio Moves and uh... Icicle Crash Pikachu I guess.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So, apparently the ORAS demo has a 2nd secret mission! This one has an even lower percentage of appearing and it takes you to an island where a man gives you a Nugget after finding him.

And you know what, I'm completely okay with this being a secret mission.

Yeah, something like this is what I would consider being appropriate for a secret mission. After thinking about it, the reason I was so annoyed at the first secret mission is because it felt like they chopped off the end of a story. The first secret mission essentially ends the "story" you started the game doing. Yet instead of having it be on of the end missions they made it a rare secret making the demo feel incomplete.

This on the other hand? It feels like a neat little secret which, though it gives you an item and the other secret mission doesn't (which is why the first secret is more frustrating, it gives no items so why was it important to make it a secret?), its not connected with the demo's "story".

That said the demo still feels slapped together and if I had a choice I wouldn't have really done secret missions, instead doing what they, you know, advertised (they told you if you played everyday something special will happen, though that was proven to be false. If they instead said "if you play enough times after the main missions something special may happen" that would have been more accurate).

And yes, I'm still trying to get the first secret mission. That said, once I get it, while I'll still play the demo a bit everyday, I won't be trying to RS for the "Suspicious Man" secret mission as I'm kind of burned out from trying to get the first secret mission. Sure I'm losing a Nugget, but without their being customization in the game it's not like I need the money to buy any clothes (and I'm sure there will be someplace to grind for money, either the Mauville Food Court or Gabby & Ty). If anything the Nugget will just help you out in early game where your money is a bit limited (though is anyone else going to sell their Heal Balls?).

Yeah, what's up with that? All the Diancie's I've been getting had crappy IVs, not the 3 31 IVs that are guaranteed of legendaries :/

Also, serebii discovered a new secret mission in the demo involving nuggets.

Last edited:
I was wondering about the Diancie. For all the crap luck I've been having with the Demo (practically a week later and still no secret mission) I got a Naive Diancie with 31 speed and sp.attack on my second try. I decided to keep it but I was a little perturbed by the fact it only had 2 IVs perfect. I didn't check IVs on my first try cause it wasn't even Naive. Is it coming with completely random IVs or with just 2 instead of 3?

I was wondering about the Diancie. For all the crap luck I've been having with the Demo (practically a week later and still no secret mission) I got a Naive Diancie with 31 speed and sp.attack on my second try. I decided to keep it but I was a little perturbed by the fact it only had 2 IVs perfect. I didn't check IVs on my first try cause it wasn't even Naive. Is it coming with completely random IVs or with just 2 instead of 3?
Some cards are glitched, apparently. Sounds like you got the glitched one :/

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Oh good, I can finally get my Diancie.

*gets Diancie and two people walk in*

Yeah, that was a bit of a surprise, apparently when you get Diancie there's a little event relating to you getting it. Basically a butler and maid come in and begs you to give you them your Diancie since their master has been looking for it for so long. At that point you can either say no two times or yes one time and their master will come bursting in telling everyone to wait. The lullaby version of your friends/rivals start to play as he'll thank his servants for looking for Diancie for him but he doesn't want it if it'll mean splitting up a new bond. He'll turn and congratulate the player before him and his servants leave.

That's when I looked at Diancie's stats, found it had a Quiet nature so reset. Truly I have formed a strong bond with Dianice.

Surprisingly I got a pretty good Diancie on my second try (got Naive and the IV guy said it was superior overall, greatest in Special Attack). Which I'm thankful for as it would be annoying to go through that small event each time just to get a good Diancie (sort of like when you catch Yveltal or Xerneas. Seriously GameFreak, let me CHECK the Pokemon before forcing me to do anything else. Now thinking about it I think I also got a good Yveltal second time too).

But yeah, back to that small event, I thought it was going to foreshadow ORAS. Like the master guy was going to tell us that he's from Hoenn and how he remembers the first time he saw Diancie and gave that trainer a special stone, thus hinting to us to get Diancie's Mega Stone we'll need to see this guy. But nope, it was just a small event hammering in the theme of bonds... something which gets a bit lost when you consider you're also being told to transfer Diancie over to ORAS which will be released in just a few weeks.

Some cards are glitched, apparently. Sounds like you got the glitched one :/
so basically on some games the Diancie always has 31 IV in 3 stats but in some it doesn't? That's kind of bogus... It seems like 3/3 people here are all posting with reports that their IVs weren't locked into 31. So it's a common error? Or maybe that just how it is for everyone.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Oh good, I can finally get my Diancie.

*gets Diancie and two people walk in*

Yeah, that was a bit of a surprise, apparently when you get Diancie there's a little event relating to you getting it. Basically a butler and maid come in and begs you to give you them your Diancie since their master has been looking for it for so long. At that point you can either say no two times or yes one time and their master will come bursting in telling everyone to wait. The lullaby version of your friends/rivals start to play as he'll thank his servants for looking for Diancie for him but he doesn't want it if it'll mean splitting up a new bond. He'll turn and congratulate the player before him and his servants leave.

But yeah, back to that small event, I thought it was going to foreshadow ORAS. Like the master guy was going to tell us that he's from Hoenn and how he remembers the first time he saw Diancie and gave that trainer a special stone, thus hinting to us to get Diancie's Mega Stone we'll need to see this guy. But nope, it was just a small event hammering in the theme of bonds... something which gets a bit lost when you consider you're also being told to transfer Diancie over to ORAS which will be released in just a few weeks.
We've known about this for a while, we don't need an in-depth explanation on it. You're seriously just as bad as my mother.

So I finally gotten a copy of the demo (thanks Xen !) and yeah I agree it's pretty lackluster. At least the music is kickass.

Last edited:
so basically on some games the Diancie always has 31 IV in 3 stats but in some it doesn't? That's kind of bogus... It seems like 3/3 people here are all posting with reports that their IVs weren't locked into 31. So it's a common error? Or maybe that just how it is for everyone.
I think it's more the code than the game it's received on. Plenty of smogoners are reporting 3 31 IVs each time.

These games keep getting better by the second. I love how, even though bonding with your Pokemon was made into a bigger deal in XY, ORAS really took it to a new level. We now have so many more chances to really interact with your team in even more environments than just solving puzzles for Pokemon food, or hitting the Mega evolve button in the middle of a battle. The soul put in ORAS is so much more apparent, and I can't wait to really experience it on my own.

But really I just got to thinking that after seeing the Soaring cinematic that plays when you call on Lati@s.
I'm going to stare at this until I puke.

I asked in the WiFi section but I thought I'd ask here...does anyone still need a demo code? got an extra sent to me today
gone

Last edited:
Don't know where it could be, but it might be where we change Deoxys' formes.
I still think it's that mysterious rock by the Space Center in Mossdeep.

Also, is the only thing they fixed in the new patch is changing Poké Ball animations?
EDIT: Okay, it also fixed very minor things.

Also, while downloading the patch, I've been enjoying the music for Halloween on the eShop. Thank you, Nintendo.

Soft resetting for Diancie after pre-ordering both OR and AS today at GameStop. Can also Confirm that at least three 31 IV's in each stat everytime.

I also have an extra Demo code if someone wants it. gone

Last edited:
Oh, and looks like a week ago they uploaded a trailer of the 2nd Mega Evolution special revealing, yes, Mega Rayquaza is in it (as well as Lysandre):

Wish they'd put effort into the movies, they just seem half assed. I mean the Pokemon art style is worse than the Pokemon from the first movie.

People discussing about grinding for XP, have you forgotten the Super Secret Bases? If the battles there give experience like in the originals, we will have an unlimited amount of XP available. It will be sweet if we can do triple battles there, imagine bringing your baby pokemon plus Mega Glalie and Normal Gem Snorlax and defeating a team of lvl 100 Blisseys, insta-level 50 in two turns.
Or better yet, just have the Blisseys' only move be Healing Wish so you level up an entire party at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)