XY OU Balanced Offense - Weaving In and Out

Weaving In and Out

Introduction
Hi Smogon! This is my first post here. I've been playing for some time on PS! now, so I decided to create an account here and join the community. One of my favourite Pokemon is Weavile. With ORAS coming, I was trying to build a team around Weavile to keep new threats like MegaMence, Sceptile, Pidgeot and Metagross in check. Weavile seemed like a good candidate as it could outspeed/outpriority and deal SE damage to them all. However, I realised that it fell short of checking Megamence, with its bulk and intimidate. However, I realised that with a few tweaks, this team could fare reasonably well in the sunset stages of XY OU. I built this team to allow Weavile to shine, and provided it with sufficient support to clean. Volt Turn immediately came to mind as a safe way to bring him in. This allows Weavile to weave in and out of battle while wrecking havoc on my opponent's team, which preserves him long enough to last till the end. Also Weavile obviously has weaved hair, very fabulous...

I believe that my team could survive the meta both offensively and defensively. While this team can't take all sorts of moves from the meta, it doesn't give any free turns to my opponent as well. Obviously, a few problems popped up when testing the team, which is why I decided to post it here.

Teambuilding

I started off with Weavile, a fast and frail Pokemon which I thought had a lot of offensive potential in the current metagame, given the right support.

I wanted a way to bring in Weavile safely to wreck havoc, and a VoltTurn Intimidate core was a pretty decent way to soften the opponent and bring Weavile in at the right times. Landorus-T checks Fighting, Rock and Steel Types that Weavile may have issues with. Mega Manectric also checked birdspam with Lando-T, as Talonflame and M-pinsir could OHKO Weavile. Furthermore, it threatens the numerous water types in S or A+ rank like Azumarill, which walls Weavile.

At this point I realised that the Intimidate core left me vulnerable to Bisharp, and I couldn't break stall. I added Keldeo as a wallbreaker and as a check to Bisharp. Keldeo also synergises well with Weavile as they beat each other's checks.

The team was becoming a little too offensive for my liking. I also had nothing to switch into Mega Gardevoir, Greninja and the Latis. I also needed extra insurance against M-dos and Azumarill, since Manectric and Keldeo were worn down easily. I added Ferrothorn to address the above, and provided me with Stealth Rocks.

My team was extremely weak to ZardY and Keldeo as nothing could switch in. Venusaur was also a problem as Ferrothorn was too passive. The VoltTurn duo were also easily worn down due to entry hazards. I added my final member, Latias. Latias and Ferrothorn also form the defensive backbone of this team as they resist hits the other is weak to.​

Team Preview

The Team

Mufasa (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Landorus-Therian is usually my lead if nothing from the opponent immediately threatens it (i.e killing it before it can U-turn out, such as ice shard users). 232 Speed EVs outspeed Scarf Excadrill while the leftover EVs are dumped into Def for extra bulk.

The first thing it does is usually:
U-turn to scout, after softening the opposing lead with Intimidate. Ferrothorn usually comes in to set up rocks after that, as Fire and Fighting types will usually switch when facing Lando-T.
Earthquake is strong STAB that allows it to revenge kill a plethora of threats, including Adamant DD Zard.
Stone Edge provides EdgeQuake coverage, allowing it to kill Thundy, Pinsir and Talonflame. (fk birdspam)
Explosion is a panic button, though sadly it fails to even KO PDef Clefable, which is a huge threat to my team. It does however, usually KO Mega Heracross after SR, which Lando-T shakily checks. With Intimidate, Lando-T is a reasonably bulky mon that helps ease the pressure off Ferrothorn to absorb hits, and forms a VoltTurn Intimidate core with Manectric.

Knock Off hits Gengar and KOs. The Sub-Wisp set is annoying and this is a quick fix for it. Also removes the scarf from opposing Landos who like to check my own Lando-T.
Superpower hits Mega Gyarados, which could otherwise sweep the team if Ferrothorn is running Gyro Ball. It also surprises BalloonTran and Balloon Excadrill.

None of these are essential though, and usually my team deals with the aforementioned threats just fine.

Bolt aka Doge (Manectric) @ Manectite

Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The second member of my VoltTurn core is Mega Manectric.

Volt Switch combined with its speed allows it to wear down the opponent while remaining relatively unscathed. It also checks some of the water types running around. The flying type resist coupled with Intimidate also allows it to check birdspam. However, Manectric has poor bulk, and it is best to play with it conservatively and save it for late game, when Talonflame and M-Pinsir usually try to sweep.
Thunderbolt provides a stronger STAB that doesn't force Manectric to switch out.
HP Ice is obvious for pseudo BoltBeam, and does hefty damage to 4x weak mons. However, note that Mega Manectric is unable to OHKO a Garchomp and Bulky Lando-T at 100%, which can retaliate with STAB Earthquakes. Also, they are commonly seen with a scarf, so scouting is essential to prevent Manectric from dying in 5 Turns.
Overheat fries Ferrothorn and Scizor, who can do nothing back to Manectric. It also guarentees the OHKO on Excadrill.

Flamethrower doesn't lower Manectric's SpA, but it misses out on KOs like Excadrill, which is unacceptable imo. Manectric will usually be pivoting out right after so it's not a big deal.

Eon (Latias) @ Life Orb

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Latias is essential to my team as it is able to switch into threats like Landorus, Keldeo and ZardY. The 72 HP EVs are there for Latias to survive HP Ice twice from Thundy and achieves a LO number.

Defog removes hazards, which Weavile and the VoltTurning duo greatly appreciate.
Draco Meteor is just a STAB nuke that helps wear down the opponent. Notably, it KOs Landorus and Thundy, which Latias usually checks.
Psyshock allows Latias to check Mega Venusaur which can be annoying to wear down. It also helps bring down Keldeo, Terrakion and Breloom, which reduces the pressure on Landorus to check Fighting types.
Roost is preferred over Healing Wish because Latias needs to come in multiple times throughout the match against the aforementioned threats that would otherwise sweep my team.

Notably, Latias is the perfect teammate for Ferrothorn since it resists Fire and Fighting moves, while Ferrothorn covers its Fairy and Dragon weaknesses.

HP Fire helps get rid of Ferrothorn and Scizor who like switching in on Latias. Also prevents it from being a total sitting duck against Bisharp, should I fail to double to Keldeo.
HP Fighting is a possible alternative but kind of inferior since it doesn't even 2HKO T-Tar reliably.

Fluffy (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers

Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn is my team's glue, sort of. It checks many dangerous water type threats like MGyara, Azu and some variants of Greninja. It essentially walls many things that would otherwise give my team trouble, such as Mamoswine, Gliscor, Chansey, HP Fire-less Venusaur and some fairies like Sylveon.

Stealth Rocks are essential for my team, as it helps to wear down the opposing mons for Weavile or Keldeo to clean later on.
Leech Seed provides some recovery, and when used in conjunction with Protect, helps wear down Ferrothorn's checks.
Protect is essential for scouting, i.e stray Hidden Power Fires from Greninja and Latis. Ferrothorn also lures in Charizard, and Protect allows me to safely scout its form before switching to the appropriate check. However, it can be dangerous to let ZardX get a DD, so deducing the Mega from the team's build can be more helpful. Check out Valentine's guide for more info.
Power Whip is chosen over Gyro Ball to check waters better. However, Gyro Ball is really useful to kill M-Garde before it 2HKOs me with Focus Miss.

Gyro Ball is useful for checking decently fast and frail fairies like M-Gardevoir, although they don't like Power Whip either. It also gives Ferrothorn something to use against Latis and Gengar. Honestly, it's a tossup between Power Whip and Gyro Ball as it decides what my team is weak to...

Some EVs can also be moved over from Def to reach 192 SpDef to take a Hyper Voice+Focus Blast from Mega Gardevoir without using Protect, so that it doesn't get a chance to CM.

Ponycorn (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs

Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Keldeo is my team's wallbreaker. It's pretty standard.
Hydro Pump for extreme power when I need it, and is usually my last resort to break Clefable before going Kaboom with Lando-T.
Scald is the more reliable option to spam early game, and still nets a number of 2HKOs thanks to Keldeo's power. Burning Azumarill, Venusaur, Slowbro and Gyarados on the switch-in is sweet as well.
Secret Sword gives Keldeo good coverage against the rest of the metagame. With SR on the field, it 2HKOs Bold (pun unintended) PDef Rotoms that try to switch in on Keldeo's water STABs. More importantly, it helps keep Bisharp in check, which would otherwise rip my VoltTurn team apart.
Icy Wind is just filler that hits some of its checks like Lati@s and Celebi on the switch-in. Rocks are needed to 2HKO Latias reliably.
Keldeo is also my secondary check to M-Gyara and Bulky DD Zard, as it can survive any of their +1 moves and KO in return.
Keldeo also helps against steel types like Skarmory that give Weavile trouble. It attracts the Lati twins better than a magnet as well, which allows me to double into Weavile and pursuit-trap them.

HP Flying because while MVenu can't do much to my team, I can't do much back to it either if I don't run Psyshock on Latias. Also allows Keldeo to check M-Heracross, which is always a good thing.
HP Electric allows Keldeo to kill Gyarados and Azumarill if Ferrothorn is knocked out. Doesn't do much though.

Mafia (Weavile) @ Life Orb

Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch

One of my favourite mons. It's extremely frail but threatening, so I decided to make a VoltTurn team that could bring him in somewhat safely, especially with the Intimidates and whatnot. Weavile forms a pretty decent offensive duo with Keldeo, as it defeats a number of Keldeo's checks. The 232 Speed EVs allow Weavile to outspeed Greninja.

Knock Off is usually the spammed move of choice as it usually is Weavile's strongest move and removes Leftovers from switch-ins like Ferrothorn and Clefable, and also reveals Azumarill's item. Knock Off also reaches notable KOs such as killing Stallbreaker Mew, Latis, which can be a headache for its teammates.
Ice Shard turns it into a decent RK for many fast mons weak to Ice. It kills scarfchomp, scarf Lando-T with some prior damage, and M-Pinsir if it switched into SR. Also, it kills Thundy with SR, before it can do its annoying T-Wave shenanigans.
Low Kick is important coverage that helps Weavile to get past steel types. Knock Off followed by Low Kick KOs Ferrothorn, Heatran and Chansey (yum..) It also kills Tyranitar and Terrakion, which would otherwise check Weavile. Watch out for scarf Terrakion and Heatran though.
Ice Punch is extremely useful in acheiving KOs that Ice Shard fails to. It helps Weavile to reliably defeat Gliscor, Lando-T, TankChomp, Multiscale D-nite, Mega Pinsir and more. Good STAB in general.

Pursuit has extremely high utility value as it can help trap some of Keldeo's counters and checks, such as the Latis, Celebi etc. It also helps trap rising mons like Gengar.
Poison Jab can help alleviate the Fairy weakness as it OHKOs Mega Gardevoir and 2HKOs Clefable, who Weavile lures like moths to a flame.

You can also run max speed to tie with other Weaviles if you think Weavile is too frail either way.

Threatlist

Clefable:
God I hate this thing SO much. The CM variant is especially annoying as none of my Pokemon like taking a Moonblast or Flamethrower to the face, and only Keldeo is capable of 2HKOing it at +1. I've had to sacrifice Lando to weaken it too often for my liking. Usually I try to pressure it with Lando and Keldeo and hope for the best. The best being: a stupid stored power clef w/ no flamethrower

Mega-Gardevoir
If it has Focus Blast, Ferrothorn cannot counter it properly. I would need to try to wear it down as Lando, Keldeo and Weavile damage it heavily, and not give it too many free switches with Latias. Other sets are walled by Ferrothorn. Gyro Ball Ferrothorn can check it once.

Mega-Heracross
Almost 2HKOes my team with the appropriate coverage. Lando-T shakily checks it (no HP Flying oops), but it usually doesn't get any turns to do damage except against Ferrothorn. The rest of my team 2HKOes it at least... Usually I need to sack something to get rid of it. Coupled with SW support, a Jolly M-Heracross could be pretty devastating, as only Latias and Lando outspeed.

Gengar
Gengar can be annoying to face, as it can come in on Ferrothorn, burn it, and set up subs. Weavile kills it, Keldeo survives Tbolt and KOes, Manectric 2HKOes, Latias can speed tie as a last resort. Just don't let it set up sub and burn Weavile. If it gets out of hand, Knock Off Lando-T can be considered.

Mega Charizard X:
Usually wrecked by Lando-T. But if it's the Jolly variant and gets a DD, then it becomes dangerous as hell. I usually try sacking say, Manectric for Intimidate, then bring Lando in to tank a hit and kill. Alternatively, Keldeo survives a +0 Dragon Claw and KOs with Hydro Pump.

Other Options

Bisharp @ BlackGlasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Replacing Weavile with this reduces the team's Fairy weakness as Iron Head takes a chunk out of Clefable. It doesn't switch in though, so be careful to save this. Also Pursuit traps much better than Weavile, allowing Keldeo to clean late-game. Weavile's Ice STAB will be missed but checking Clefable is too good to pass up.

I have not tested this though so changes should be made to the team after playtesting.

Importable
Mufasa (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Explosion
- Stone Edge

Bolt aka Doge (Manectric) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat

Eon (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Fluffy (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

Ponycorn (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Mafia (Weavile) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch

Shoutouts
T_T I have no friends here...
Well I guess I should thank Google for all the pictures, which all appeared humongous. Couldn't change the size, and I was too lazy to download and resize them. This is starting to turn into a rant but damn, who knew writing a RMT would take 6 hours?

I am aware of my team's weakness to Fairies like Clefable and Gardevoir. That is why I chose to RMT this team. Fitting Heatran would be difficult as it opens holes to Gyara, Greninja and Azumarill, and I'm not sure what member should I fit it over.

Currently, I'm thinking of changing this team to Spikes Stacking Offense with perhaps Skarmory and Excadrill. Skarmory still checks physical water types reasonably well, can stack hazards, as well as phaze out CM Clef and Gardevoir. The new electric weakness can be covered by its teammates. (Scarf? Balloon?) Excadrill spins and doesn't remove my hazards. It also checks the fairies that my team is weak to.

However, this allows greninja to wreck mayhem on my team with the appropriate coverage. Also Excadrill and Lando-T seem redundant, and Excadrill does not have U-turn, meaning I have less chances to bring in Weavile. I understand that Weavile constrains teambuilding a little, but I truly would like to build a solid team around him.

Any comments on teambuilding would be GREATLY appreciated!! Also do point out any other weaknesses and improvements I can make on my team! Thank you!!

Last edited:

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Hey man, great team and RMT! Looks pretty balanced so I just have some move set suggestions:
Landorus-T: Stone Edge------>Rock Slide
Since SE is mostly reserved for birdspam, you might as well guarantee that you take out your target instead of missing. This will still get Pinsit, Talon and Thundy no problem.

Latias: HP Fire------->Psyshock
You already have Overheat on Mega Man and have Ferro and Scizor covered with Keldeo anyway, no point in having this move.

Ferrothorn: Power Whip------>Gyro Ball
Just the better option imo, up to you though.

Weavile: Pursuit/Low Kick------> Ice Punch
Weavile loses a lot of its utility in this meta without a strong ice stab but take it as you will.

Hey man, great team and RMT! Looks pretty balanced so I just have some move set suggestions:
Landorus-T: Stone Edge------>Rock Slide
Since SE is mostly reserved for birdspam, you might as well guarantee that you take out your target instead of missing. This will still get Pinsit, Talon and Thundy no problem.

Latias: HP Fire------->Psyshock
You already have Overheat on Mega Man and have Ferro and Scizor covered with Keldeo anyway, no point in having this move.

Ferrothorn: Power Whip------>Gyro Ball
Just the better option imo, up to you though.

Weavile: Pursuit/Low Kick------> Ice Punch
Weavile loses a lot of its utility in this meta without a strong ice stab but take it as you will.
Hey Genesis7, thanks for the rate! Rock Slide does have better accuracy, but I prefer Stone Edge as it guarentees the KO against thundy, while Rock Slide never OHKOs without SR. Also, it KOs pinsir in its base form after SR, something Rock Slide often fails to do. Though rare, BU Talonflame or WoW variants are better checked with Stone Edge. Finally, Stone Edge is usually Lando's best option when facing an unevolved Charizard, as it still has a high probability of KOing DD ZardX after rocks. However, I guess the team isn't especially weak to flyspam, so Rock Slide might be an option.

Psyshock is definitely useful on Latias. HP Fire simply helps Latias beat Ferrothorn while defogging, as well as denting Bisharps trying to trap it. Checking MVenu with is sweet though, and I often switch between the two.

For Ferrothorn's case, Gyro Ball checks MGarde, which is huge. It's just that without Power Whip, Mega-dos becomes a huge threat to my team. I guess I could run Superpower on Lando-T, and try to keep Keldeo healthy. But this makes me even weaker to Clefable, which is what I hoped to address by posting this RMT...

Weavile faces a bit of a 4MSS. Ice Punch nabs so many KOs Ice Shard fails to... Yet Pursuit helps Keldeo immensely to clean up late game. However, I guess it is pretty difficult to bring in Weavile safely to Pursuit trap, so Ice Punch might be the better option!

Nice RMT! I really like this team!

I use a similar Weavile on one of my OU teams that happens to be fairy weak as well. I decided to switch out pursuit to try poison jab and it has worked wonders. Poison jab OHKO's M-Gard (look out for scarfed Gardevoir), does 65-88% to Azu (depending on the set), 60-71% to Togekiss, 48-56% to Clefable (you can usually stay in on Clefable predicting a calm mind). It's also great because people like to switch fairy Pokemon into Weavile, basically serving it to you on a silver platter.

Ice Punch is good as well, but I find that Ice shard does enough to the main threats especially since you have hp ice on mega man, and if needed, could put an ice move on keldeo.

Hope I helped!

Nice RMT! I really like this team!

I use a similar Weavile on one of my OU teams that happens to be fairy weak as well. I decided to switch out pursuit to try poison jab and it has worked wonders. Poison jab OHKO's M-Gard (look out for scarfed Gardevoir), does 65-88% to Azu (depending on the set), 60-71% to Togekiss, 48-56% to Clefable (you can usually stay in on Clefable predicting a calm mind). It's also great because people like to switch fairy Pokemon into Weavile, basically serving it to you on a silver platter.

Ice Punch is good as well, but I find that Ice shard does enough to the main threats especially since you have hp ice on mega man, and if needed, could put an ice move on keldeo.

Hope I helped!
Hi Wolf Turds! Thanks for the rate! I've never thought of using poison jab on Weavile as well! I like that fact that it helps Weavile 2HKO so many fairy threats, which weavile usually lures in easily. It's a shame that Weavile needs to sacrifice a moveslot for it, but Poison Jab does seem appealing. I'll test out Poison Jab along with some changes Genesis7 suggested to see how well the team does.

sick rmt! i love volt turn cores. Keep psyshock on lati overheat only does 40% max to offensive venusaur while sludge bomb does around 60-70%. Your team is also lacking a mon with taunt. You should replace pursuit for taunt run max speed. Theres alot of mons that kill dark weak on your team like lando t manec and weavile himself. Other than that your team is solid.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey dude pretty cool team you have here, I just have a few suggestions to make it better.

First of all as you said you do have a pretty glaring Fairy weakness,especially those that set up like Clefable. And you also have pretty big weakness to Offensive Mega Venusaur. Using Latios over Latias with Psyshock over HP Fire. You already have good checks to most things HP would cover and Latios' extra power can help you overwhelm things like CM Clef, Mega Gardevoir and Azumarill much easier, while smacking Venusaur harder. With your double intimidate core Latios should be plenty bulky to check what Latias did.
Weavile is looking like a pretty cool option but I don't really think Pursuit is the best option for it considering how frail it is. The fact is other Pokemon simply do the job better and you already have a solid Lati switch in in Ferrothorn and Landorus-T can also check them.
A more powerful Ice STAB contributes more to Weavile's niche if you really are adamant on using it. So definitely Ice Punch > Pursuit or use another , better trapper. I'm also not sure what those 24 Def EVs are supposed to do, Weavile isn't living crap. May as well put them into speed to tie other Weavile.
Ice Punch also gets a nice neutral hit on most of the Pokemon in your threat list.

That's all I have for now hope I helped

Hey dude pretty cool team you have here, I just have a few suggestions to make it better.

First of all as you said you do have a pretty glaring Fairy weakness,especially those that set up like Clefable. And you also have pretty big weakness to Offensive Mega Venusaur. Using Latios over Latias with Psyshock over HP Fire. You already have good checks to most things HP would cover and Latios' extra power can help you overwhelm things like CM Clef, Mega Gardevoir and Azumarill much easier, while smacking Venusaur harder. With your double intimidate core Latios should be plenty bulky to check what Latias did.
Weavile is looking like a pretty cool option but I don't really think Pursuit is the best option for it considering how frail it is. The fact is other Pokemon simply do the job better and you already have a solid Lati switch in in Ferrothorn and Landorus-T can also check them.
A more powerful Ice STAB contributes more to Weavile's niche if you really are adamant on using it. So definitely Ice Punch > Pursuit or use another , better trapper. I'm also not sure what those 24 Def EVs are supposed to do, Weavile isn't living crap. May as well put them into speed to tie other Weavile.
Ice Punch also gets a nice neutral hit on most of the Pokemon in your threat list.

That's all I have for now hope I helped
Hello! Latios seems like a pretty cool option, seeing that I'm not running Healing Wish or anything, and the team doesn't rely too much on Latias to tank hits. Psyshock also puts pressure on a lot of the threats my team is weak to, and Psyshock Latios means I can check MVenu and Mega Heracross on SW teams better. I usually prefer the bulk Latias gives but on this team Latios does seem to be the better option.

Also, I definitely agree that Weavile isn't the best mon out there. For those who like practicality, Bisharp works as a more effective pursuit trapper and works well in this team as well. Bisharp also has Steel STAB for fairies, which is huge. And yeah, Ice Punch is more useful on Weavile. Pursuit doesn't even OHKO Latios if it stays in, who KOs in return. Usually I just find myself clicking Knock Off anyway. The 24 Def EVs aren't for anything. I just thought that outspeeding Greninja was enough and dumped the leftover EVs elsewhere. Weavile is frail af and survives nothing, yeah.. but there are few Pokes in the 123-125 speed tier. IDK if the Def EVs are worth it though, might be useful someday...

One questions I have now is that with the more offensive nature the team, would something as matchup-reliant as Poison Jab be worth it on Weavile? Knock Off/Ice Punch/Ice Shard/Low Kick all seem pretty important imo. Maybe I should just change Weavile to Bisharp...

Deleted User 241617

Banned deucer.
I'm on my phone rn so I'll just post some quick thoughts.

Hello Dumbber, this is a pretty cool team you got there. I can't see any obvious improvements (mabye because I'm feeling kinda tired, but I liked this team so I'll try to help as much as I can anyways) so I'll mostly say my opinon on other options.

First off, Stone Edge>Rock Slide, Landorus-T wants the power Stone Edge provides.
Psyshock is the better option over HP Fire because off Venusaur and Keldeo, two threats to your team. On the topic off Keldeo, Latias>Latios as it's your only switch in to Keldeo, and you don't want to sack a mon everytime it enters the field, so the extra bulk is prefered.
The choice between Power Whip and Gyro ball on Ferrothor is up to you honestly, both a Gyarados at +1 +1, and faries in general seems threatening so its up to you what you prefer.
And lastly, you should keep Weavile imo, you have buildt this team around your favorite Pokemon and should use it, even if it isnt the best, that is what makes pokemon the most fun, to use pokemon you like and make them work. Btw, Weavile has gotten more attention resently and is a much more viable option now then it was earlier in XY. And I cant say if you should use Poision Jab since I would need to try it out myself, but in theory it sounds like an better option over Pursuit.

On last thing about the RMT, I like to be able to read about why you choose specifically that mon, that EV spread, or unique moves, more than why you have chosen standard moves for example: You wrote more about why Latias has Draco Meteor (whitch is obvious to most people) than why it has just 72 HP Evs (witch is less obvious) or why it doesnt have the standard Payshock, just to think about if you are gonna do another RMT.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm on my phone rn so I'll just post some quick thoughts.

Hello Dumbber, this is a pretty cool team you got there. I can't see any obvious improvements (mabye because I'm feeling kinda tired, but I liked this team so I'll try to help as much as I can anyways) so I'll mostly say my opinon on other options.

First off, Stone Edge>Rock Slide, Landorus-T wants the power Stone Edge provides.
Psyshock is the better option over HP Fire because off Venusaur and Keldeo, two threats to your team. On the topic off Keldeo, Latias>Latios as it's your only switch in to Keldeo, and you don't want to sack a mon everytime it enters the field, so the extra bulk is prefered.
The choice between Power Whip and Gyro ball on Ferrothor is up to you honestly, both a Gyarados at +1 +1, and faries in general seems threatening so its up to you what you prefer.
And lastly, you should keep Weavile imo, you have buildt this team around your favorite Pokemon and should use it, even if it isnt the best, that is what makes pokemon the most fun, to use pokemon you like and make them work. Btw, Weavile has gotten more attention resently and is a much more viable option now then it was earlier in XY. And I cant say if you should use Poision Jab since I would need to try it out myself, but in theory it sounds like an better option over Pursuit.

On last thing about the RMT, I like to be able to read about why you choose specifically that mon, that EV spread, or unique moves, more than why you have chosen standard moves for example: You wrote more about why Latias has Draco Meteor (whitch is obvious to most people) than why it has just 72 HP Evs (witch is less obvious) or why it doesnt have the standard Payshock, just to think about if you are gonna do another RMT.
72 HP Latias let's it live 2 Thundurus HP Ices and hits a Life Orb number

Deleted User 241617

Banned deucer.
72 HP Latias let's it live 2 Thundurus HP Ices and hits a Life Orb number
Well I do know that, it will also let her take 2 secret swords from Specs Keldeo if you wondered. I just used that as an exemple to show that he didnt describe the "more unusual" things, while he wrote quite alot about the "usual things" like Draco Meteor, which is almost obligatory on Latias.
Just these sets are pretty standard and more explenation about EVs was mabye not needed, but my point remains, I prefer a little less explanation about obvious moves and a little more about the more flexible components on the team, like EVs and pokemon choices.

Thanks for the suggestions ModestDonphan!
I've incorporated some of the changes such as explanations for the EVs and well as included Other Options for moves and why they may not be as good. I also included my teambuilding thoughts and how I ended up with my current team members.

And yeah, I'm not switching out Weavile anytime soon. However, I did include a possible substitute for it (Bisharp) for other players to consider :)
Any more suggestions are welcome!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)