CAP 19 CAP 19 - Pokedex Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

paintseagull

pink wingull
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
WIP!
Plasmanta, the Electrolocating Pokemon

X: It emits a complex set of electric fields to navigate through treacherous deep ocean trenches. It is speculated to live among undiscovered Pokemon.

Y: These Pokemon are broody and solitary. They swim tirelessly for long distances, searching for something unknown.

---
I don't really think of Plasmanta as a predator, so I left out mentions about prey and poison. When I look at it I just think of electromagnetic fields and electrolocation, so I went with that vibe. Also, ~~mystery~~
Alternate species names: Roaming Pokemon, Electric Field Pokemon. Thoughts?

pushpaa: Feel free to ask someone you know (either on the GP team or not) to check your grammar, but we don't have someone from GP check the entries officially until the thread is closed.

Unsee

so smart me, enjoy book so much
is an Artist
WIP

Plasmanta
, the Venom Ray Pokémon.

X: It uses its massive body to silently glide across the seafloor, attracting prey by softly illuminating its feelers.

Y: Its claws are filled with a viscous poison, which can be ejected and charged with electricity to fire at prey.

Plasmanta, the Stingray Pokémon

X: Its stingers and claws secrete a poisonous liquid. This liquid is also a conductor, making any creature covered in it an easy target.

Y: The spots on its back glow brighter while charging electrical power. At full power, it can be seen by people at the surface.

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
Plasmanta, the Sting Ray Pokémon

X: Its painful stings are known to electrocute its enemies. When it gets angry, it spews purple venomous fluid.

Y: The whip-like ends of its tail can strangle and kill anything. No human has survived its deadly sting attacks.

The Diabolic Gift

Banned deucer.
Plasmanta, the Poison Ray Pokémon

X: Despite the shape of Plasmanta it doesn't travel through water, instead Plasmanta hovers above the ground stinging all its prey below it.

Y: To people Plasmanta seems to glow in the dark, but what people don't know is that it is part of the poison it carries.

May need some grammar checks.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Okay guys I am going to put down the 36 hours (ish) left to Final Submit marker. It's a weird number because I want to deal with this when I am home!

Please make sure ALL your submissions meet the requirements laid out in the OP! We will be DSQ'ing anyone who can't follow those. Please also check for Grammar mistakes. If anyone from the GP team does want to do a quick overlook over the entries, I would be happy to receive that feedback, and I am sure the submitters would be too.

paintseagull edit: Also, please re-post your Final Submissions after this post rather than simply editing your previous post if you made one. I won't DQ those of you who have done this, it just makes it easier for us if you post it after this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Final Submission

Plasmanta, the Neuro Ray Pokémon

X: A skilled ambush predator, other predatory Pokémon sometimes hang around it to pick off any prey it failed to catch but had weakened.

Y: Waiting patiently on the seafloor, when it senses prey it discharges to stun its victim before injecting them with a deadly neurotoxin.

Final Submission

Plasmata
, the Sly Ray pokemon

X: Plasmanta will lure predators into chasing through the territory of a wild Gyarados; it then feeds on what's left of its pursuers.

Y
: It is said that looking directly at a Plasmanta's spots causes bad luck. It's very presence is said to force hard decisions.

Final Submission

Plasmanta
, the Tyrant Manta Pokémon

X: Plasmanta stealthily stalks the opponents that dare challenge its position. Once they're off guard, it uses a poisonous and shocking attack to decimate them.

Y: People often use Plasmanta as navigators while diving, but they have to take care not to annoy Plasmanta lest they get stung.

Final Submission

Plasmanta, the Neuroshock Pokémon

X: Plasmanta and Gyarados share a rare, symbiotic relationship in the wild. It has been around in the deepsea for millions of years.

Y: Plasmanta lure prey using the bioluminescent organs on its body, then finish it off with brutal electrocution and an extremely toxic sting.

frenzyplant

Inertia is a property of matter.
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Plasmanta
, the EleRay Pokémon

X: Sometimes called the "guardians of the seas," they are known to protect smaller Pokémon and intimidate foes with their huge wings.

Y: This Pokémon is extremely dangerous, as its venomous tail stinger can also discharge enough current to stun an adult.

I can try to do grammar stuff tonight but I probably won't have the time. Good luck everyone :)

Empress

Warning: may contain traces of nuts
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Plasmanta
, the Stingray Pokémon

X: The venom in Plasmanta's stinger is considered the most toxic substance on the planet. Anything that touches the stinger will meet a painful end.

Y: Despite its hefty appearance, it is a fast swimmer and is often seen transporting Gyarados bound to its wings by electromagnetism.

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
Final Submission

Plasmanta
, the Sting Ray Pokémon

X: Its painful stings are known to electrocute its enemies. When it gets angry, it spews purple venomous fluid.

Y: The whip-like ends of its tail can strangle and kill anything. No human has survived its deadly attacks.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Plasmanta
, the Generator Pokemon

X: Plasmanta can live up to 200 years. It inhabits colder oceans and is revered for its size and strength.

Y: It can generate tremendously powerful bolts of electricity. These bolts can incapacitate even the largest foes.

Unsee

so smart me, enjoy book so much
is an Artist
Final Submission

X:
Plasmanta will only attack if provoked, and is often a guide for undersea explorers to discover new Pokémon at the bottom of the sea.

Y: It will lay on the seafloor and glow softly. If a small Pokémon draws near, it will wrap itself around the prey and inject it with a deadly toxin.

Final Submission

Plasmanta, the Plasma Ray Pokémon

X: Plasmanta leave a lasting affect on opponents who defeat it, but the opponent wouldn't know it yet.

Y: Lurking at the bottom of the ocean, Plasmanta patiently wait to strike with a deadly combination of toxins and electricity.

Final Submission

Plasmanta
, The Unyielding Pokemon

X: It has the most potent toxins of all known Pokemon. Those known to have been stung often prefer death than to await treatment...

Y: Plasmanta is seen by many as a bad omen. It uses its bioluminescent patterns to lure ships onto rocks, before feasting on the remains...

Last edited:

The Diabolic Gift

Banned deucer.
Final Submission

Plasmanta, the Poison Ray Pokémon

X: Despite the shape of Plasmanta it doesn't travel through water, instead Plasmanta hovers above the ground stinging all its prey below it.

Y: To people Plasmanta seems to glow in the dark, but it's really just the venom taking action.

Crux

Banned deucer.
Final Submission

Plasmanta,
the Great Manta Pokemon

X: Revered as a god in ancient times due to its sheer size, its venom is known for its conduction properties.

Y: Research has found that Plasmanta venom has a resistance of precisely one Ohm, a godsend for certain technologies.

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Plasmanta
, the Manta Pokémon

X: It resists up to 507, 210 ohm with ease. It maims foes before preying on them with this god-like power.

Y: The crux of its power is in shocking the opponent into reacting uncontrollably and leaving themselves vulnerable.

Final Submission

Plasmanta,
the Giant Manta Pokemon

X: While this pokemon is powerful enough to stun even the largest sea creatures, Plasmantas hunt Magikarp to the exclusion of all else.

Y: Plasmanta's toxin is actually a liquid electrolyte. It's commonly used in the production of car batteries.

Final Submission

Plasmanta
, the Euphotic Pokémon

X: Legends state that hordes of these massive Pokémon guarded an ancient civilization beneath the sea that has long since disappeared.

Y: This Pokémon's glowing underside acts as an artificial sun, brightening even the darkest of oceans.

paintseagull

pink wingull
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

Plasmanta, the Electrolocating Pokemon

X: It emits a complex set of electric fields to navigate through treacherous deep ocean trenches. It is speculated to live among undiscovered Pokemon.

Y: These Pokemon are broody and solitary. They swim tirelessly for long distances, searching for something unknown.

Final Submission

Plasmanta, the Guardian Pokémon

X: Only the most veteran trainers can tame this massive Pokémon. Plasmanta shoots balls of plasma at enemies to protect its young and the weak.

Y: Although it can dissolve Wailord carcasses in seconds with its poison, Plasmanta is a docile Pokémon and will not attack unless provoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)