Random Cup Tournament - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Hey guys! I'm sure most of you reading this probably know me but if not I'm one of the many Moderators on Pokemon Showdown!

The title should have given you a brief view on what this tournament actually is. As a Random Battler and Challenge Cup player on the ladder I honestly find these two meta games great fun to play which is why I decided to host this tournament. If you don't understand the format it's basically a combination of both Random Battles and Challenge Cup in one Tournament!

Battles
1st Battle - Random Battle (Single)
2nd Battle - Random Doubles Battle
3rd Battle - Challenge Cup 1 vs 1
4th Battle - Challenge Cup (Normal)
5th Battle - Random Battle Triples

Changed it up a bit guys to make it a bit more simple but it is best of 5 now^ It's pretty straight forward but whoever wins 3 out of 5 of the match goes through to the next round ^_^

Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. The punishment for this could be a server ban (which means an instant loss for you), forum infraction or disqualification. Think before you type, please.

Activity wins and scheduling: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS too. Unfortunately, I'll have to make some activity calls - I'll be making these based on activity posts (make these detailed, please, and explain why you deserve an activity win) and VM conversations, so be active and schedule as early as you can with your opponent. Use VMs and you will be fine. No extensions, sorry.

Disconnections and timer: A timer loss is a loss. No ifs, no buts. If you disconnect and your opponent's nice enough to replay that's fine, but they're free to take the win.

Ghosting and identity: don't take or give battle advice or make moves based on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught and you will be disqualified. Don't be silly.

Line-Ups
Sire Cheesus v Pikachuun
Ranger Mike v tegrof19
AgeD v Dratias
trollface.jpg
v TinyG
scorpdestroyer v xyinit
Alf' [Alf] v AM
HipHopHope v Lord seppuku
Darnell v SparksBlade
Pokeyster [Plasma Pokeyster] v Chenkovsky
Music Meister v Johnny Warlord [Trace Gases]
unfixable
v Robster1221
raPtorLegend [raPtor] v Aevon
Anto v FookMi?
truedrew v TheEpicBro [awtg]
shartruce2
v casklord
CorruptedFlame v Esfer
Royal Pains v Psywaves
potato14798
v YA BOYY
Mysteria [Myysteria] v Xylen
alreadyajd v xzern
The Bravest Bird v Antemortem
ForgottenOnes v Krithick [krithickrockz]
Albacore v Flying Types Rule!
Anty v Hulavuta
Swirlyder v Scene
Cido
v Lucina09
Mpsdevil v Old skool todd
Lyfsaho [Cristante] v losedude
Crestfall
v luis lopez [pokemonfreak009]
offler v HeterosexualZekrom
Lasagne
v SuperNinjaMan
BiGGiE v Level 56
tyrice ridley [tythenoob] v majaspic22
Hippopotas
v Blitzamirin
Aelita v TraceOfLife [Velajuel]
galbia v mickey314
iTeddeh v money12wolf
Hack_Guy v Timbuktu
awiec v Inflikted
FaithfulCat v Hewhoamareismyself
Luckstard. [BahaWin]
v Spydreigon
jdarden v Expulso
superjaddo v Zodiax
Flame Emblem
v Aristoots
GGamer [GGamer745] v iz123_5
Eetu772 [Plaessynplaeae] v Thesupremeking27 [Yo_Negga]
aleuser
v ninjapandaify
Instant Apple Pie v Blader96
Ninety_Nine v Catacomb
Jellicent
v TheEpicOrange
DeathxShinigami v praj.pran
Coronis v Celever
Deckline v Lyconik
adlih v Kyorem
Pandon v sparktrain
TheMeh
v Brandon Derricho [Combo Buster]
Nineage v Zack Taylor [ZAT2000]
Fran17 v The Gliscor Fanboy
Kochi3 v Gumyyy
NotAGymLdr v munchyoshi
negusplease
v Weebl
Adax>Ajax_fosho [Foshomofo] v SonicRamon
G50 [Dodger50] v Mega Eevee X
Kevinrocks7777 [kevinrocks] v Tikitik

Good luck everyone n_n Make sure to post saying you've won and call activity if the opponent is unresponsive so I can bring in some substitutes.

Deadline is 1 week! The 6th November!

Last edited:
Too many people being tagged at once for the forums to allow a notif for the tagging (to prevent spamming), I reckon. Also, contacted.

EDIT: Might want to bold/highlight/emphasize the "Best of 5" part some more, Darnell.
10/30

10/31:

11/5:

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Lost 3-1 to hulavuta,
I won randbats, then got haxed in randubs and it all went down from there..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)