XY OU Mega Heracross Balanced Team

Hi There!
I'm new here in the forum, it's my first ever RMT I made and i'm improving one team with a Mega Poke that I've never used before and it was really good commented in Viability, it was the might Mega Heracross, who have the power to break the walls of the opponent team and help me to clean the game with a good and fast Sweeper.
I made this team as a Goodbye team to the XY OU Tier, and used this at two official competitions here in my country who I get second and first place respectively.

Team Building Process
214-m.png

I've started with Mega Heracross, a really powerfully wallbreaker that I've never used before, I don't knew what put with him to make a solid combo, so I start with some weakness analyse.

214-m.png
485.png

I put Heatran on tem just to coverage some few weakness of Mega Heracross. He can take Flying moves * 0.5, Psychic Moves *0.5, have Fire type immunity, but he cannot revenge kill any target as a Special Denfensive Heatran, so I (again) used one Pokemon a way that I've never used before, Scarfed Heatran.

214-m.png
485.png
642.png

At this point I know that a Landorus can hit me hard, with Earth power on Heatran and Psychic on Mega Heracross, I need one free switch against Ground moves and a Pokemon who can revenge kill Landorus, Thundy was my very first option. Can ohkill Landorus with HPIce, have immunity. Against Ground Moves, Can Stop Thunder Waves, and have great power with Stab ThunderBolt.

214-m.png
485.png
642.png
151.png

My Physical side was a little weak, and I needed a WOW spammer, I've see that Mew is a really great Burner and can deal with some few Physical Moves like Fighting and Psychic (Mega Medicham), and he can be good against Stall too.

214-m.png
485.png
642.png
151.png
184.png

At This Point I Just need to adjust my team into the metagame, Latwins can be a problem (specially LatiOs Specs) and I decided to go with an AV Azumarill to keep me Safety against Dragon Moves and have some Special Bulky in team.

214-m.png
485.png
642.png
151.png
184.png
645-t.png

As I needed some Special Bulky, I needed a Physical too, so LandorusT with Intimidate support was a great deal, with SR he can help the team transforming TwoHKO in OneHKO.
214-m.png
485.png
381.png
151.png
184.png
645-t.png

I Switched Thundy to Latios only because of Defog but I realized that Latios can hit better than Thundy and have the capacity to break M Medicham and Venusaur who can be a little annoying to the team at all.

The Team:
heracross-mega.gif
heatran.gif
View attachment 28993
mew.gif
azumarill.gif
landorus-therian.gif

--------------------------------

mega_heracross___by_signsoflifeonmars-d81eobf-1.jpg

Heracross @ Heracronite.
Moxie. / Adamant Nature
Evs- 252 ATK / 252 SPE / 6 DEF
-Close Combat
-Pin Missle
-Rock Blast
-Substitute​
Mega Heracross is incredible, he can destroy great part of the wallmons in the actual metagame. I choose him as the Mega for that reason, I was really weak to walls and stall mons and he help me a lot with it.
Ev Spread help me to OutSpeed some problems that includes a weakened Azumarill, Conkeldurr, Defensive Heatran, (want some others examples here), and full Attack have power to destroy anything.

Heatran_is_the_MAN_by_chief_orc-1.jpg

Heatran @ Choice Scarf.
Flash Fire. / Timid Nature
Evs- 252 SP.ATK / 252 SPE / 6 HP
-Fire Blast
-Flash Cannon
-Dragon Pulse Ancient Power
-Earth Power​
Other Pokemon that I've never used this way, a Scarfed Heatran. The power to outspeed Greninja and other sweepers as Mega Pinsir is pretty good, his Special Attack is really good with 130 base and help to clean a late game.
Edit.1- Thanks to Darkerones I now don't have so much trouble on taking Zard Y and Talonflame anymore, I can kill Talon with one hit and Zard Y with two, I also liked the chance of boost my stats that Ancient Power gives me, making me faster then others scares.

2a7e18ccaeee16b199463e4c8faf4af9-d54gp75-1.png

Thundurus @ Life Orb.
Prankster. / Timid Nature
Evs- 252 SP.ATK / 252 SPE / 6 HP
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice
-Taunt/Psychic
-Substitute/Nasty Plot
Thundurus is one of the my favorites Special Sweeper in the meta. I go for the Boltbeam combo and two support moves.
Taunt for tactical break, like sticky web.
Substitute for some Predict, like always hit HPice on Landorus, or don't get Poisoned by Toxic stall mons.
A really problem when I decided to create this team was deal with Baton pass (like geomancypass or dennies team) and I used Substitute to combo with another Mon if the taunt failed to break this Chain.
Edit.1- Thanks to Cranham And Darkerones, I know that this modification givegives me so more power on late game, and the power to kill my two threats (Mega Medicham and Mega Venusaur), but remember that I want to make a team to win to Baton Pass Teams, like Dennies (Geomancy pass) and these two moves is really important to me, if someone can help me on making other combo to 100% Break BP teams I'll be really thanks.

Mew_by_Loversoftheworld855-1.jpg

Mew @ Leftovers.
Synchronize. / Careful
Evs- 252 HP / 104 SP.DEF / 152 SPE
-Will-O-Wisp
-Toxic/Defog/Taunt
-Roost
-Knock Off/Defog/Taunt
This was the other Part of the combo against Baton Pass.
As he can survive to a Stored Power, and have the power of toxic Espeon Through bounce Sync, after this done I only stall the espeon with prankster substitute Thundurus to win the match.
I need to forget Taunt and go for Toxic for this reason, wow is to break physical sweepers on trade, roost to stall and knock off to break chansey, and knock out some items.
Edit.1- Really Thanks to Darkerones , I know that lost Taunt on Mew is not so good, and I really liked the idea to put defog on him, but the same as Thundurus, I need a team with a win condition against Baton Passers (Smeargle Geomancy plus Espeon), I've got a idea when you and @ talked to make these modifications and it is: put Red Card as Item on Mew, so he can take the hit and phase the Espeon back to hell. But if the Espeon have Calm Mind in set he can with +4 SP ATK ohitkill my new and the Red Card will Don't work. I need more help here x.x

huge_power_azumarill_by_sephirona-d73q8h5-1.png

Azumarill @ Assault Vest.
Huge Power. / Adamant Nature
Evs- 252 ATK / 252 SP.DEF / 6 SPE
232 HP / 252 ATK / 16 SP.DEF / 8 SPE
-Play Rough
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
-Knock Off​
AV Azumarill is to deal with Latwins and Greninja who can kill my Mega Heracross. He also can be used as Special Wall to kill Keldeo.
He have the ability to kill weakened targets with aqua jet too.
Ev Spread to maximum SP DEF as possible and continue with a decent attack.
Edit.1- New Ev Spread Thanks to Darkerones , I really like to don't worry about Special Attacks who hit in Physical Defense, and Continue with the maximum Ofensive power.

box_22__645_landorus___animal_form_by_kuruttra-d5qxvf4-1.png

Landorus-T @ Leftovers.
Intimidate. / Impish Nature
Evs- 252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 SPE
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Stealth Rocks
-Knock Off U-Turn
I decided to go with a Defensive Landorus to guaranteed my Rocks in field, and it helps a lot, Talonflame and Mega Pinsir is some annoying vs Mega Heracross and the rocks is the key to kill this threats.
Intimidate Support and full DEF to be my Physical Wall.
Edit.1- Momentum, it's the word that was lost in my team, to put some Pokemon like Mega Heracross or Thundurus with no damage U-Turn was the best option over Knock Off on Landorus T, Thanks to Darkerones.
Now my Landorus can really do the work as a Physically Defensive Mon.

If you want, you can test my team!
Importable
Honey (Heracross) (F) @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

IronMask (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power

Thundy (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Substitute

Nyan (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 104 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic

Empada (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Tiger (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-179587300 - A player using "New Projects, by Snow Crystal"

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-178769773 - Azumarill capacity of break the opposing legs

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-178747892 - How Deadly a Mega Heracross can be behind a Subs.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-178620396 - Me VS. A Random Player testing my team *u* (I'm really happy to see that my team is good enough to people test it)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-178457753 - Versus Greninja+KyuremB+Gengar

Need Help Improove this team. THX!

Attachments

Last edited:

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey man really solid squad you've got here, I just have a few optimizations to make on a couple of your sets.

I would replace Dragon Pulse on Heatran for either AncientPower or Stone Edge. The Lati twins already can't do much to you back and all other Dragons are already dealt with by Landorus-T and Azumarill. A Rock move helps against Talonflame and Zard Y, the latter of which is a pretty big threat to your team.

U-turn on Landorus-T is pretty much a must to maintain offensive momentum, losing Knock Off is a small price.

You may want to invest a little more in HP to take Secret Swords better from Keldeo and to take Psyshocks from Lati@s better. I like using 232 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SDef / 8 Spe.
This spread gives Azu 399/300 Special bulk (which is plenty) while speed creeping opposing Azu and having better physical bulk.

Taunt on Mew is essential for it to fulfill it's role as a stallbreaker, I would say to lose Toxic since Will o Wisp helps it take on Mega Cham and still does what Toxic does too (whittles down opponents), and with Taunt you can 1v1 stuff like Chansey, Slowbro and Skarmory by not letting them recover.

Substitute and Taunt are both really sub-optimal moves on Thundurus, I would recommend using Nasty Plot and Psychic over them, as right now you seem a bit prone to Mega Venusaur and Nasty Plot gives you a late game win condition. You may also use Focus Blast over Psychic if you're more worried about Heatran and Excadrill (though you have more switch ins for those than for Venusaur on your team). And seeing as how you have no form of hazard control on your team, Leftovers is probably your best bet on this Thundurus to help it last long enough to sweep with Rocks up.

That's all I have for now, good luck!

Cynara

Banned deucer.
This is a really brilliant team! but you have no hazard control at all so I suggest you replace toxic on mew with Defog. This will allow you to free you of hazards from your team, most of mews switch ins are steel types or fast subsitute users, but I honestly feel Hazard control is required on your team especially since you're running a thundurus, Subsitute thundurus is really kinda new too, Stealth rocks + Life orb + Sub on thundurus really takes down it's usefulness. So Im going to recconmend a few changes below.

Thundurus @ Life Orb.
Prankster. / Timid Nature
Evs- 252 SP.ATK / 252 SPE / 4 Def
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice
-Taunt
-thunder wave/nasty plot

This is honestly the best set thundurus can run, with a life orb sub is really inefficient so It's more of a sweeper set now, Nasty plot thundurus is dangerous, you could run a coverage move here if you wish but thunder wave or nasty plot are your best bet. also 4 def instead of HP to get another use out of LO/Switch in to stealth rocks.

Mew @ Leftovers.
Synchronize. / Careful
Evs- 252 HP / 104 SP.DEF / 152 SPE
-Will-O-Wisp
-Defog-Roost
-Knock Off/Taunt

As I mentioned earlier, hazard control is essential to your team so replace toxic with defog to clear the field of hazards, also I've slashed taunt as it's a option over knock off, but you have thundurus for fast taunt anyways, but helps with mews stallbreaking capabilities, Knock off gives it some offensive presence and prevents it from being shut down by other taunt users.

I hope you take these changes into consideration :) also im not really a fan of Knock off on landerous and would run U-turn but thats just my personal preference

I ended with the modifications and this was my considerations:
-Ancient Power Over Dragon Pulse on Heatran
Really Good don't worry about Talon anymore, with rocks up I can easily counter both Talon and Mega Pinsir.

-Mew Modifications (Defog and Taunt)
I don't know if I can switch any move.
My team NEED to be good against Baton Pass Teams Like the Smeargle+Espeon with Whimscott Azelf and etc.
I need some time yo test others forms to counter this team.
I will test a Red Card Mew with Taunt and Defog to see if he can break Baton Pass easily and continue with good recovery.

-Azumarill New Ev Spread.
I Really liked this Ev Spread of 232, 16, 8. I will make more test with this Ev Spread.

-U-Turn Over Knock Off on Landorus T.
I liked to have some Momentum in my team to put Mega Heracross or Thundurus safety in field. Good choice.

-Thundurus New moves (Nasty Plot, T.Wave and Psychic)
Really Good Guys, Psychic can break Mega Venusaur and Mega Medicham as well.
But again, I need to be safety against Baton Pass Teams.
I REALLY liked these modifications, really, but I need to break BP with this team and Toxic Synchronize + Prankster Substitute was the better choice until today to me, if I put Red Card on Mew AND my opponent don't have CM on set I can break the BP but I Don't fell comfortable without a move that forces the Espeon to hit (Toxic Synch).

Thanks Guys, I still need some help here xD

Last edited:

Cynara

Banned deucer.
I ended with the modifications and this was my considerations:
-Ancient Power Over Dragon Pulse on Heatran
Really Good don't worry about Talon anymore, with rocks up I can easily counter both Talon and Mega Pinsir.

-Mew Modifications (Defog and Taunt)
I don't know if I can switch any move.
My team NEED to be good against Baton Pass Teams Like the Smeargle+Espeon with Whimscott Azelf and etc.
I need some time yo test others forms to counter this team.
I will test a Red Card Mew with Taunt and Defog to see if he can break Baton Pass easily and continue with good recovery.

-Azumarill New Ev Spread.
I Really liked this Ev Spread of 232, 16, 8. I will make more test with this Ev Spread.

-U-Turn Over Knock Off on Landorus T.
I liked to have some Momentum in my team to put Mega Heracross or Thundurus safety in field. Good choice.

-Thundurus New moves (Nasty Plot, T.Wave and Psychic)
Really Good Guys, Psychic can break Mega Venusaur and Mega Medicham as well.
But again, I need to be safety against Baton Pass Teams.
I REALLY liked these modifications, really, but I need to break BP with this team and Toxic Synchronize + Prankster Substitute was the better choice until today to me, if I put Red Card on Mew AND my opponent don't have CM on set I can break the BP but I Don't fell comfortable without a move that forces the Espeon to hit (Toxic Synch).

Thanks Guys, I still need some help here xD
Just to state, baton pass is actually really rare on the ladder, building a team to just counter baton pass will hinder you quite a bit

Yeah, I know this.
But in championships here where I live, ever have one or two guys with this annoying team, we are about to Ban BP from internals Champs only because of that.
Yeah, it's annoying bro, I know that my team have some things that can be better if I don't stay focused on counter BP it's sadly true.

*Updating Post with New replays*
GUYS!!!!! Im really happy right now! My very FIRST RMT I MADE! And today when I was playing in showdown, I saw a player testing MY TEAM! Its really great! This means that my team is really good?
Wow, and I win xD
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-178620396
Me vs a player testing my team.
Edit.1 - He call me a Ditto loooool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)