Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 43 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
On the subject of Diancie, do we know exactly what causes them to be glitched? Is it something related to the individual game itself?

Reason I'm asking is I've tried two codes already, and both ended up being glitched. If I keep trying different codes on the same retail cart (different saves ofc), would I eventually get one of the 3+ IV ones, or would all of them be x/x/x/x/x/x?

I think it's a glitch with the codes themselves? But people back in the tread have already done that and hit a good code, so, uh, yes? I honestly hope europe codes aren't butched like this

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
On the subject of Diancie, do we know exactly what causes them to be glitched? Is it something related to the individual game itself?

Reason I'm asking is I've tried two codes already, and both ended up being glitched. If I keep trying different codes on the same retail cart (different saves ofc), would I eventually get one of the 3+ IV ones, or would all of them be x/x/x/x/x/x?
It's (probably) not a glitch.

Details stolen from SciresM

In the Wondercard itself (the data loaded to your save file) the IVs of the Pokémon you receive can take one of three forms. Each stat has a Byte representing it. Ignoring the other data, these forms are (in stat order HP/Att/Def/Spe/SpA/SpD):
Code:
FF FF FF FF FF FF
which means that all 6 IVs are randomly generated upon picking up the Pokémon.
Code:
FE FF FF FF FF FF
which means that 3 randomly selected IVs are set to 31, and the others are random.
Code:
xx xx xx xx xx xx
where xx = 00–1F (0–31 in decimal) which means that each stat will have that fixed IV.

So the problem is that they're giving away two different wondercards, one with the HP_IV_BYTE = FF, and another with HP_IV_BYTE = FE. Which one you receive is uncontrollable (AFAIK). This (probably) isn't a glitch, just a miscommunication between multiple teams writing the wondercards,

Possible explanation (from Kaphotics, as before): there's multiple servers sending you the wondercard when you register your code. Which version of the wondercard you receive depends on which server your DS connects to when you receive it.

TL;DR Keep trying if you are desperate and have enough save files and codes.

.com

Grumpy old man
Is there a way to calculate a Pokemon's Egg Shiny Value with out KeySAV or Mass Dumper?
In order of practicality:

• KeySAV2's Battle Video decrypt feature (google is your friend for this).
• PKHeX (if you have a[n at least] partially decrypted save file).
• Checking the PID of the Pokémon in the RAM (if you have a modified 3DS capable of RAM output, etc.).

Edit: (suggestion by flargananddingle)
• Find 4096 people, each with a different TSV (all possible TSVs) and ask them one by one to hatch—resetting and returning the egg if not shiny—until it hatches shiny for one of them.

Last edited:
Hey guys question...if I have a Macho Brace on the Pokemon in front...and Pokerus on EVERYBODY in the party...with Exp Share on does everyone gain *4 EVs?

Probably an odd request, but does anyone have:
1) A x/x/x/30/30/x DW Female Ralts. An HP Ground DW Ralts would fill a hole I need filled like nothing else I can think of, and I can think of some crazy shit.
2) A DW Female Fennekin spitback. Egg moves would be nice. I appearently released all of my females or something, because I bred my own flawless Male quite a while ago.
3) A Thick Club. They're kind of obnoxious to obtain if you don't have powersaves and I kinda like Marowak. I can get Marowak super easy, its just rather useless without the bone.

Hey guys question...if I have a Macho Brace on the Pokemon in front...and Pokerus on EVERYBODY in the party...with Exp Share on does everyone gain *4 EVs?
With EXP Share on, all Pokémon get EVs. In your specifically mentioned case, the lead would get pokerus and Macho Brace bonus, the rest would just get pokerus bonus. Macho Brace mon also doesn't have to lead; it'll get boosted EVs even if it never comes out to battle. Power Items also boost EVs, its all calculated per individual Pokémon.

Edit: handled, thanks .com

Last edited:

Xen

Wi-Fi Leader
It's (probably) not a glitch.

Details stolen from SciresM

In the Wondercard itself (the data loaded to your save file) the IVs of the Pokémon you receive can take one of three forms. Each stat has a Byte representing it. Ignoring the other data, these forms are (in stat order HP/Att/Def/Spe/SpA/SpD):
Code:
FF FF FF FF FF FF
which means that all 6 IVs are randomly generated upon picking up the Pokémon.
Code:
FE FF FF FF FF FF
which means that 3 randomly selected IVs are set to 31, and the others are random.
Code:
xx xx xx xx xx xx
where xx = 00–1F (0–31 in decimal) which means that each stat will have that fixed IV.

So the problem is that they're giving away two different wondercards, one with the HP_IV_BYTE = FF, and another with HP_IV_BYTE = FE. Which one you receive is uncontrollable (AFAIK). This (probably) isn't a glitch, just a miscommunication between multiple teams writing the wondercards,

Possible explanation (from Kaphotics, as before): there's multiple servers sending you the wondercard when you register your code. Which version of the wondercard you receive depends on which server your DS connects to when you receive it.

TL;DR Keep trying if you are desperate and have enough save files and codes.
Seems plausible. Since I'm out of town atm, I may swing by the local GameStop here and ask for 3 codes. If I still don't get a 3 IV one out of those, then it isn't worth it anyway.

.com

Grumpy old man
Probably an odd request, but does anyone have:
1) A x/x/x/30/30/x DW Female Ralts.
2) A DW Female Fennekin spitback.
3) A Thick Club.
I can do 3) immediately, and if you give me ~45 minutes to farm eggs I can breed up 1) and 2) for you too. :)
[I'm assuming DW = Hidden Ability, as I'll just be breeding for a HA Female Ralts, and Fennekin didn't exist in Dream World.]

Anybody have a reasonable Hyper Voice gardevoir/Landorus Therian? Fully trained HP:Fire Venusaur up for trade :P. EV Trained too 252 HP/220 SP.Atk/36 Speed :0. Just trained it up :P

I can do 3) immediately, and if you give me ~45 minutes to farm eggs I can breed up 1) and 2) for you too. :)
[I'm assuming DW = Hidden Ability, as I'll just be breeding for a HA Female Ralts, and Fennekin didn't exist in Dream World.]
Oh, yeah, I'm just an old fogey who never got used to labelling things HA after Gen 5 LOL. Yes, hidden ability on Fennekin and Ralts.
I can wait, just don't go out of your way for any of these. I'd feel bad and don't have that much to offer :P

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
LF a female Quick Ball Gible spitback w/Rough Skin, I don't give a damn about its IVs and I can give another cool Poké Ball spitback in return; PM/VM me if you can help.

Steps taken
1. Cloned two pokemon using the cloning glitch.
2. Extract the save from retail emerald to VBA Emerald
3. Open VBA Firered
4. Send both pokemon to VBA FireRed for move tutors
5. Send Pokemon back to VBA Emerald
6. Send Pokemon back to retail

1 Pokemon came it as normal, the other have invalid trash bytes.

Both came from the same game and went though the same steps, that's unusual

Xen

Wi-Fi Leader
Steps taken
1. Cloned two pokemon using the cloning glitch.
2. Extract the save from retail emerald to VBA Emerald
3. Open VBA Firered
4. Send both pokemon to VBA FireRed for move tutors
5. Send Pokemon back to VBA Emerald
6. Send Pokemon back to retail

1 Pokemon came it as normal, the other have invalid trash bytes.

Both came from the same game and went though the same steps, that's unusual
Must've been something with the emulator. Cloning in Emerald has no negative effects on the Pokemon or game whatsoever.

My knowledge of emulators is minimal, but my guess is the trash bytes messed up when you moved the Pokemon from emulated Emerald to FireRed. Emulators can mess up trash bytes if you Pal Park Pokemon via emulator, so it's probably the same issue there (improper emulation)

Just tutor them in Emerald. All tutors that exist in FR also exist in Emerald.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)