Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer, C&C Edition

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
So, how exactly can we begin getting into contributing to Smogon? I am very curious, and eager to help.
Well some of the main things going on in terms of contributions are analyses. Unfortunately most have been reserved/done by now, but I know that PU should have a couple left and should be getting into the less viable Pokemon eventually. So you can check out the Other Metagames Analyses thread to see what is left over there and see if any of it tickles your fancy.

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
Well some of the main things going on in terms of contributions are analyses. Unfortunately most have been reserved/done by now, but I know that PU should have a couple left and should be getting into the less viable Pokemon eventually. So you can check out the Other Metagames Analyses thread to see what is left over there and see if any of it tickles your fancy.
Thanks. I was looking to do a Girafarig analysis, however Girafarig is not on any of PU or NU's lists of (un)reservations. Is this because Girafarig has such a low usage in PU?

slayerx725232

Thanks. I was looking to do a Girafarig analysis, however Girafarig is not on any of PU or NU's lists of (un)reservations. Is this because Girafarig has such a low usage in PU?
Chances are that if a Pokemon is not up for reservation that ti doesn't meet the standards to get an analysis. However, once all the main analyses are up, I'm certain that the lesser Pokemon will be getting some. Stay tuned for that in my opinion.

It's more because Girafiarig itself isn't a very good Pokemon. It will become available once the more viable Pokemon have been completed.

KateeSoms

I'm sort of new to Smogon and I just wanted I find out how I can get involved with C&C n_n. I hope to contribute soon. :3

slayerx725232

I'm sort of new to Smogon and I just wanted I find out how I can get involved with C&C n_n. I hope to contribute soon. :3
The simplest thing going on right now are PU analyses, which can be found in the Other Metagames section under Contributions and Corrections, not sure what is left nor do I have the link because mobile but yeah, that's the main thing going on right now so you may want to check it out if you have time.

PS someone should grab the links in my opinion.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This will give you an idea on how to approach analysis writing, and this is a general introduction to C&C. You can also join #mentor on irc and ask any C&C mentors about how to best get involved.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can I tag people or bump a thread in order to get QC done faster for my analysis, or is that not allowed?

It's technically ok, but it just tends to annoy QC members more than anything. I personally always advise against it. If you need an analysis checked, VMing a QC member or trying to find on IRC / Showdown works best. Otherwise, just wait patiently - they'll get to all the analyses eventually.

Oglemi - What is the rule on adding sample sets to the dex if a Pokemon does not have one just for the sake of filling it in? If I recall correctly, this was answered, but I can't seem to remember. Basically, fill in with blank set on analyses without sets for people and such.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
There is no rule, I assembled a team of contributors to fill the pages of usable Pokemon the Dex while we wait for proper analyses to be written. With NU and PU now in the works there is no need to create any further placeholders.

There is no rule, I assembled a team of contributors to fill the pages of usable Pokemon the Dex while we wait for proper analyses to be written. With NU and PU now in the works there is no need to create any further placeholders.
I was mainly referencing Pokemon like Budew or other Pokemon that most likely will not receive an analysis but have it added for sake of completeness

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
That's policy the C&C staff hasn't discussed yet. I doubt we'll give sample sets to every Pokemon since it's largely a waste of time but idk.

I noticed that all of the guides posted on the forum have an "Overview" section (they were in the old dex as well) but whenever I look at the guides on the new dex they don't seem to be their are they any where at all. Is their somewhere I can find them without scouring the forums.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I noticed that all of the guides posted on the forum have an "Overview" section (they were in the old dex as well) but whenever I look at the guides on the new dex they don't seem to be their are they any where at all. Is their somewhere I can find them without scouring the forums.
Iirc, the official "format" for the analyses hasn't really been nailed down yet. Because of how it's currently structured, it's not exactly practical to put overviews for each tier in there. At the moment, unfortunately, there's no way to see them without going through the forums. You can always just search this forum, though

User is a Smogon Artist. Artists contributes pieces of their artwork to the site, such as Tournaments and The Smog. Visit Smeargle's Studio for more information.

Hi! I was browsing through the site earlier today and I happened upon this little typo. If I'm not mistaken, shouldn't it be the following?

"An Artist contributes pieces of their artwork..."

Or

"Artists contribute pieces of their artwork..."

I wasn't really sure where to put this, and it just stuck out to me in that paragraph. Thanks for the help guys! :)

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
User is a Smogon Artist. Artists contributes pieces of their artwork to the site, such as Tournaments and The Smog. Visit Smeargle's Studio for more information.

Hi! I was browsing through the site earlier today and I happened upon this little typo. If I'm not mistaken, shouldn't it be the following?

"An Artist contributes pieces of their artwork..."

Or

"Artists contribute pieces of their artwork..."

I wasn't really sure where to put this, and it just stuck out to me in that paragraph. Thanks for the help guys! :)
good call, i fixed this
For future reference, stuff like this should go in the 'small objective changes' thread in this same forum ;)

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
After I have finished, and it has all the corresponding checks, what happens next?
A moderator or member of the site staff from that tier will upload the analysis to the preliminary pokedex and the official site, after making sure all the quality is good.

Weebl

Hey!
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey, MaRchZ. This isn't 100% C&C related, but no worries. :) You use BB Code tags; for example:
Code:
[hide=Weebl's test]Hi, this is Weebl.[/hide]
will display as
Hi, this is Weebl.

This isn't 100% C&C related, but no worries. :) You use BB Code tags; for example:
Code:
[hide=Weebl's test]Hi, this is Weebl.[/hide]
will display as
Hi, this is Weebl.
[/hide]
Sorry I deleted the post after I noticed lol, I guess I should pay more attention while reading. Thanks anyway <3

What is the difference between Sixth Gen Contribution and Preliminary Pokedex? And how do you get to have a pokemon in the Preliminary Pokedex?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)