Gen 6 EV'ing Quirks

Do you have any cool spreads you'd like to share which you think are better than the standard spread? 248 HP / 176 Atk / 52 SpD / 32 Spe is a spread I've used on Ho-Oh for quite a while which has caught on recently allowing it to live a +2 Xerneas Thunder while hitting the Attack benchmark with speed creep. I'm sure a lot of other top players have ran something similar as well.

So, do you have any unique spreads? Possibly minor defensive investments on standard offensive Pokemon to live a certain prominent attack or the like. Please only share if your spread isn't bog standard and has purpose.

Last edited:
I myself have been a fan of 44 HP/ 52 Def/ 252+ SAtk/ 160 Spe for SubGeoxern. The added speed allows you to outspeed Max Speed Smeargle, allowing yourself to get a sub up to block Smeargle's Spore/Nuzzle. Also, it speed creeps 120 Spe Geoxern, which isn't too shabby.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
248 HP / 136 Atk / 124 SpD Adamant SD Mega Scizor is something I have always liked with the ability to survive and hit from +2 Geoxern under rain (I try to use this with Kyogre mainly) after Stealth Rock and the ability to OHKO Xern at +2 as well as always 2HKO Clefable after you Knock Off its Leftovers. I also use this on support Mega Scizor on teams that have Kyogre because of the likelihood of Rain being up when Pursuit trapping Mega Gengar and the ability to 2HKO standard 124 / 32 Geoxern is always a plus when you can live any hit from it under rain.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe / Jolly Rocky Helmet Deo-S is a set I have gotten some enjoyment from. The only relevant thing 20+ speed looses out on is the chance to speed tie other Deo-S; a situation you don't really want anyways. While it is unfortunately still 2HKOed by LO EKiller and max attack Gira-O Sneak, Rocky Helmet punishes nicely. The higher physical bulk avoids being KOed by Mega Khan Fake Out + Crunch, the 2HKO from support Don, and significantly reduces the chance for Scolipede to OHKO with Pin Missile, to name a few.

248 HP / 228 Atk / 32 SpD / Brave TR Victini ensures +2 Xern Thunder can never OHKO with SR up and still retains its attack power.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)