Other OU Player of the Week #3: CrashinBoomBang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
what is your honest opinion of tele balanced team (dual scarfer .)

and underrated pokemon in xy ou

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
Favorite other metagame? :toast::pimp::afrostar:
I haven't really played them this generation, but Metagamiate was pretty fun for about 3 hours before its novelty wore off. In BW I played Ability Exchange for a week or so and it was p fun as well!!

Weizen or Helles?
I'm not really a fan of beer (haha I'm a terrible german!!), but usually Weizen because it's the most common one in my circle of friends (Herrenhäuser)

Verdachtsfälle or Mitten Im Leben?
Verdachtsfälle.

Why didn't you do stuff in Wcop?
One of those times where I really didn't feel like playing Pokemon (like it is nowadays except I didn't feel as strongly about it back then) and I had a lot of other stuff to do and on my mind.

anyway, thoughts on redhead sluts??
shut the fuck up that was 2 years ago LOL

Marco_o :D
:OOOO friend n_n

Top 5 favorite tiers and why (can be across generations).
1. ADV UU - just a really great tier and there was maybe one time during my years of Pokemon where I didn't enjoy playing a game of ADV UU. Always fun to play and use new stuff in. Too bad no one plays it anymore nowadays :(
2. XY OU - in its current state it's just a really fun tier and another one where it's always cool to come up with fun stuff :O I didn't like it too much in the past but nowadays it's a really fun tier with a multitude of strategies and I think you'll agree.
3. BW NU before the shit drops (Jynx, Scolipede, Mandibuzz, Primeape) - my main tier in BW and I really enjoyed playing it up to that point. again, lots of possible strategies and lots of fun stuff to use even in the older metagames.
4. ADV OU when I still played it - not as fun anymore nowadays but back when I actively tried to learn the tier it was really fun n_n. Fun kinda got ruined when everyone just started using SkarmBliss so I had to use BellyPass to avoid boring games, but thats what happens when Gengar dominates a tier I guess. It's still a fun and balanced tier, but it's not really my cup of tea anymore.
5. Can't really say that there's another tier that I played a lot and still enjoy playing (since a lot of tiers get less fun the more I play them), so just put any of ADV Ubers/GSC OU/RBY OU here I guess. All 3 are fun, but I haven't really played them enough to say if they're fun after playing them for a long time.

Top 5 favorite Pokemons to use and why (can be across generations, but must be OU).
1. Mega Venusaur (XY OU) - Yeah, there's a reason I used it for so long; it's pretty fucking amazing. It walls so much stuff that gives your average offensive team trouble and still has unbelievable offensive presence and pretty much nothing bar Heatran/Chansey can consistently switch into it without trouble. Amazing Pokemon and, even though I haven't used Venusaur a lot lately, it's been on pretty much all of my favorite teams.
2. ModestGar (ADV OU) - it's no secret that I love the shit out of Gengar as well, and Modest Gengar is just so insanely powerful against any team without a Blissey and/or Snorlax (and even then it can put in a lot of work) it's ridiculous. While the extra speed is helpful at times, it just has so much power compared to its Timid or even Bulky counterpart that it's definitely my favorite Gengar set to use n_n.
3. Greninja (XY OU) - it can do everything, it's incredibly fast and not to mention really REALLY strong. Especially with ORAS giving it Gunk Shot. One of the easiest Pokemon to just slap onto offense and to dominate the pace of the game with, and its mix of versatility, incredible speed and power is almost unmatched.
4. Bisharp (XY OU) - Emergency check to Clefable, coveted Dark + Ghost resists sought out a lot on offensive teams, one of the strongest priority attacks in the game and amazing coverage with only two types. Swords Dance is just the cherry on the cake, giving it incredibly presence both for early-game wallbreaking and lategame sweeping. Oh and Defiant is unreal when facing VoltTurn cores of Landorus-T/Mega Manectric. Or Defog. Or anything really it's just a Pokemon that gained everything it ever wanted in the transition from BW to XY, and its power never ceases to amaze me.
5. CB Metagross (ADV OU) - CB Meteor Mash, despite being resisted by a lot, is fucking unreal and theres nothing more satisfying than using it against Specially Defensive Skarmory, seeing 30% damage and getting an attack raise. Or just missing against lucky and bad players over and over again. Whenever I face one, I wish I had one and I'm never disappointed by Meteor Mash's incredible power as long as it hits. Add to that an Explosion that can put an emergency stop to every single Pokemon in OU, and you have an incredible Pokemon thats also fun!! if it hits

Did you ever feel like someone in particular made you learn a lot just by watching his games/playing against him? If so, who and what did you feel like learning in particular?
Apart from Rewer pursuiting a dark resistant weasel in BW World Cup, allowing me to gain that skill from him for SPL 5, probably just a bunch of games between players I consider better than me (you against Bloo and me fighting the two of you had me impressed by some in-game choices more than once; nothing in particular, just the gameplan you two had in mind and the decisions you made and such).

Is there a game or two where you've been particulary proud of the way you played? Care to showcase it and explain it?
Probably my game against VIL I described above (which was still really fucking intense, he used Celebi SDPass to Metagross and such and I used my old ForreGarTar team), and like I said before I don't think I really fucked up in that game. There's also the Ghosting tour games with Ginku or Django (where we overcame an insane amount of bullshit matchups) and the one we had against Soulgazer, FLCL and wepwn a week ago. All of those were really good and really showcased the highest level of Pokemon, and I think a good deal of my SPL matches had me without ugly, game-losing mistakes as well (pretty much every game but the ones against Adam, Tesung and High Impulse), so those were cool too. It's just really great when you make a gameplan that ends up working against another high level player, and those battles are the best battles by far.

You own! Also, MonoChoice rules.
You own more ;] and yeah, I still love MonoChoice and it's undeniably one of the funniest ways to play Pokemon (or fall on your face with), but nowadays it's just kinda outdated and barely worth it haha. Except in the lower tiers.

How does it feel to have the great Leftiez asking you a question?
I feel blessed.

Am i the greatest player you've ever seen?
sure if you think so.

what is your honest opinion of tele balanced team (dual scarfer .)
I think it's a pretty damn terrible team nowadays (although I guess it worked fine in the metagame it was made for), and thats creator should let go of a team that is no longer viable in any way. Double Scarf was a nasty surprise for many teams but, with everyone knowing it, there's really no excuse to lose to that team ever again, unless you're that weak to Slowbro (in which case you have bigger issues anyway). I honestly think that the team was probably _okay_ in its time, but who the fuck wants a team 6-0'd by Pinsir?? Like, outright. Nowadays it's just so phenomenally ass that I have no idea why anyone would cling to that halfassed piece of ass.

and don't get me started on his new one with Specs Keldeo over Terrakion and SR Landorus-T over Heatran. Oh and Landorus doesn't have a Rock move. And as you can see, he still doesn't have a flying resist. It's mindblowing how he's still clinging to his same core but, at the same time, made a team that was at least usable in some metagame of some universe ever into something thats literally unplayable in every single universe to ever exist lmfao it's so pathetic.

and underrated pokemon in xy ou
Not much really sticks out as underrated because most of XY is pretty well explored by now and pretty much everyone knows whats good and what isn't, but if I had to pick out a Pokemon that should definitely see more use it's probably Gengar. 0 counters in the standard metagame, extremely fast, very fucking powerful and a death sentence to Stall, Offense and Balance alike. It's a fantastic Pokemon and, in my honest opinion, it's almost impossible to not be weak to Gengar unless you're carrying Scarf Tyranitar because it just eats everything else up. Definitely deserves to see more use than it does right now.

would you free genesect if given the chance, in ORAS?
While I initially wanted to keep Genesect around during the Deoxys-S/Deoxys-D era (broken checking broken etc), nowadays I honestly believe that nothing good can ever come out of an OU metagame with Genesect, or even Aegislash for that matter. Even with ORAS and stuff like Salamence and Metagross potentially doing well against Physically Based sets that were, as many will agree, probably its best sets, especially Choice Band, the metagame honestly has no real hope of ever evolving or adapting as long as there's something throwing 800 attack Extremespeeds around. While the aforementioned Pokemon take it on rather well, it's not like Genesect only has one set, and shit like this is absolutely absurd:

+1 252 Atk Choice Band Genesect Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Sceptile: 235-277 (83.6 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

In short, I don't think that the new metagame will contain any real counterplay for Genesect and as such it should stay banned. Especially as Salamence is, without a doubt, getting the boot rather soon into ORAS, who could at least set up on Genesect locked into the wrong move rather easily. If anything it gives even more free opportunities to already gamebreaking sweepers such as Salamence, as prime CB Genesect switchins such as Heatran, Skarmory and other Salamence just give your Mega Salamence all the free roam it needs for free. So yeah I'm pretty convinced that Genesect was, is and will always be cancerous to an OU metagame that looks to evolve in some way.

Last edited:
what players do you respect the most, both overall and from each gen's ou?

what teams are you most proud of/enjoy playing with the most? any tier, as many as you want

top 5 cutest / manliest pokemon?

top 5 cutest users besides Ciele?

articulate your thoughts on and feelings for user marcelo donkeykong

list all the beatles songs i'll be singing at your wedding

name your favorite metal song title besides chainsaw gutsfuck

describe your love for varg "Burzum" vikernes

Hate prevails, vicious waters have begun to stir inside my soul.
Allow yourself to feel the purity of your primal essence.
I light the flame of profanity, and do our diabolical signs.
Blasphemous rites under the night skies, our cups are filled with blood.
Tremendous wrath, inhuman torture, sacrifice to our lord.
Sons of blackness stand united before the final war.

In the name of Satan, blood shall be spilled.
In the mighty name of Satan, blood shall be fucking spilled.

Oh Lord, please take these sacrifices, and grant us the strength and power, to do thine will.

Mighty hordes of darkness, slaughtering the weak.
Their white breasts poured forth blood, slaughter of the weak.

The mighty steel of blasphemy shall fuck their bloody hearts.
We shall kill the whores of Christ, fuck their bloody hearts.

literally?

slayer?

send my regards to the missus

marc heinrichsson is pretty genesect-chill ;]

Last edited:

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
I know the week is over but I obviously can't let this thread get closed without responding to BKC's slew of questions. Unfortunately, I can't/don't want to do it tonight so please leave this open until tomorrow thanks!!

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
what players do you respect the most, both overall and from each gen's ou?
bloo/mcmeghan overall which I've stated like 8 times, consistent across pretty much any generation and the only "top" people i really witnessed and played in their prime and stuff

I have a lot of respect for all the RBY/GSC players, especially the old ones, for sticking around and discussing their metagame to this day. I've actually enjoyed reading a lot of RBY/GSC related stuff in the past, so these people still sharing their wisdom is much appreciated :}

after seeing McMeghan teambuild in ADV and having the honor of him helping me with my playoff teams back then, he's probably the one who left the biggest mark on me in ADV. I also have a lot of respect for rey as an ADV player, and I can honestly say that by watching him and Earthworm play in the finals of the first tour of the season (in like Smog Tour 13 or something I don't remember), I picked up ADV and started playing it.

I heard this BKC guy was pretty good in DPP and he also helped me with teams a lot, although I really don't know enough about DPP to be able to say anything concrete. Unfortunately, I don't think he will ever learn his lesson and stop stalling. Users Masterclass and badabing have also impressed and/or helped me out with teams before, so I have a lot of respect for them in regards to DPP as well.

BW I have no fucking clue who cares I don't even like BW

It's hard to impress me in XY since it's my main tier and I consider most people really really bad at it, but Jose and Roro are respectable players. Hugo is also someone whose teams and playing ability I am very fond of, and I really should have given him more credit before this post because he's a legend. It really shows in XY, though, since I know what is going on unlike in BW. and ben gay is a smart guy and has some cool ideas so kudos to him too!!

what teams are you most proud of/enjoy playing with the most? any tier, as many as you want
any of those teams I stuck with for a long time, you should know them. if not:

ADV: Snorlax/Forretress/Gengar/Salamence or Aerodactyl/Swampert/Tyranitar
ADV: Zapdos/Smeargle/Aerodactyl/Gengar or Exploud/Metagross/Cradily
Early XY: Mega Gengar/Rotom-W/Garchomp/Blaziken/Deoxys-N/Genesect
XY: Genesect/Greninja/Landorus-T/Conkeldurr/Mega Venusaur/Heatran
XY: Genesect or Azumarill/Landorus-I/Heatran/Keldeo/Mega Venusaur/Mandibuzz
XY: Garchomp/Greninja/Mega Scizor/Bisharp/Latios/Landorus-T

Basically, if I don't feel like using it more than once it's not fun to play with.

top 5 cutest / manliest pokemon?
uh theres a lot of cute Pokemon but Shaymin_n is cute and theres Mareep. I honestly can't think of 5 off the top of my head LOL. Mesprit is also cute I guess but I consider it more cool than cute.

manliest idk what that means so ill just list my top 5 because theres a reason I like them: Gengar, Feraligatr, Mesprit, Landorus-I, Mega Charizard X or Thundurus-T or some shit I can't put my finger on the 5th.

top 5 cutest users besides Ciele?
Unbirthday, Jirachee, jumpluff, McMeghan, and some other 9.9er probably harsha or tab!

articulate your thoughts on and feelings for user marcelo donkeykong
to quote my good friend dblacstardust:

COMPLETE ASS PLAYER

I honestly consider him ass and yesterdays lead Snorlax taking his life didn't change my opinion LOL

like when he tried to use the mouths team vs me in that ADV UU tour and got walled to shit by Shedinja or when he froze my Regirock counter in that DPP NU game and then cried when I got a 3 turn sleep or some bullshit against his Regirock while SD Jumpluff shit on him lmao just the biggest no talent crybaby bitch ever

list all the beatles songs i'll be singing at your wedding

name your favorite metal song title besides chainsaw gutsfuck
We used to have so many but I forgot most of them so I did a quick google search

for some reason the song title "Eating the Christians" made me lough really hard so I'll have to choose that one.

describe your love for varg "Burzum" vikernes
yeah im pretty sure we both knew this would never happen

Hate prevails, vicious waters have begun to stir inside my soul.
Allow yourself to feel the purity of your primal essence.
I light the flame of profanity, and do our diabolical signs.
Blasphemous rites under the night skies, our cups are filled with blood.

Oh Lord, please take these sacrifices, and grant us the strength and power, to do thine will.

Mighty hordes of darkness, slaughtering the weak.
Their white breasts poured forth blood, slaughter of the weak.

The mighty steel of blasphemy shall fuck their bloody hearts.
We shall kill the whores of Christ, fuck their bloody hearts.
or this

literally?

slayer?

send my regards to the missus

marc heinrichsson is pretty genesect-chill ;]
great way to take up more space in your post buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)