ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a closer look at the map art and zoom in on the league, it does bear a pretty much exact resemblance to the dojo traditional japanese thingy.
I keep looking at the League whenever I take off from Mossdeep in the demo, and it does look pretty similar. After looking at the Hoenn art, so many things we could've noticed earlier jump out at me (Mauville's redesign, the storm clouds representing the Secret Places to catch legendaries, etc.).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Fair enough, forgot about those. But I still doubt it'll have anything out of the ordinary for a Pikachu of it's level; in fact it's more than likely to have the same moveset as a Pikachu at... what was it, level 15? So as not to overshadow it's form moves.
That doesn't really change the moves I suggested except for Nuzzle (which in that case it can be replaced with Thunder Wave) and maybe Thunderbolt (its a TM, though you got it from Wattson so I guess it can have Thundershock. Also I said it learning Thunderbolt as the move that would replace the special move when its not dressed). Volt Tackle is an Egg Move and Quick Attack is learned at level 10.

Yeah, the traditional Japanese building is the Elite Four as when you're battling them you're battling in an area that looks very familiar to that place. Orange is for Sidney while purple is or Phoebe:

That doesn't really change the moves I suggested except for Nuzzle (which in that case it can be replaced with Thunder Wave) and maybe Thunderbolt (its a TM, though you got it from Wattson so I guess it can have Thundershock. Also I said it learning Thunderbolt as the move that would replace the special move when its not dressed). Volt Tackle is an Egg Move and Quick Attack is learned at level 10.

Yeah, the traditional Japanese building is the Elite Four as when you're battling them you're battling in an area that looks very familiar to that place. Orange is for Sidney while purple is or Phoebe:

Isn't it just purple because of the move Dusclops is using? I don't think the rooms have different colors to them...

Keep in mind that we've seen their Elite Four rooms in the overworld, as well, and those match the floors in battle. I didn't consider that the weird gates around the battlefield are meant to represent the outside of the Elite Four rooms, with the bridge and the building, but that's a good point you make.

Fair enough, forgot about those. But I still doubt it'll have anything out of the ordinary for a Pikachu of it's level; in fact it's more than likely to have the same moveset as a Pikachu at... what was it, level 15? So as not to overshadow it's form moves.
If you breed a Pichu with Vol Tackle then it'll "ordinarily" be on a level 15 Pikachu.
I have a hunch Volt Tackle is gonna be wishful thinking for Cosplay-chu tbh. Although I would like it too. I think it would be dumb for them to just hand you a Pikcahu with Volt Tackle, it's supposed to be like this hard to obtain move only dedicated Pikachu fans earn. To me it would be ideal if Cosplay-chu didn't come with Volt Tackle but that there was some alt method of getting it on her move set that makes you work for it.

If you have a closer look at the map art and zoom in on the league, it does bear a pretty much exact resemblance to the dojo traditional japanese thingy.
I see. There I was hoping it might be that battle facility from Emerald... oh well. Nice redesign though!

Also, here's what I could tell changes after you complete the nugget mission:
You get a nugget, obviously. The man implies he might give you more?
The Kecleon moves from Steven's house, and you can enter and check out his rock collection, which I think is actually real types of rock? Let's write about the Pokemon world's geography! Let's not, nerd. (I may end up doing this)
Tate and Liza tell you they expect they will battle you.
Interestingly, time seems to have passed, since the shop owner's brother has now gone to Oldale. I guess everything is ready for the adventure to begin now...

lol, what isn't true? What does the first four letter of my code have to do with anything?
That all Diancie's come with 3 perfect IVs (mine sure didn't). And, the first 4 letters supposedly determine whether or not you got a glitched Diancie. Mine started with A4AZ. If yours starts with that, then good for you, some of us didn't get so lucky...

That all Diancie's come with 3 perfect IVs (mine sure didn't). And, the first 4 letters supposedly determine whether or not you got a glitched Diancie. Mine started with A4AZ. If yours starts with that, then good for you, some of us didn't get so lucky...
Yes, mine started with A4AZ. I soft reset roughly 50 times. Each time it had 3 perfect IV's.

Yes, mine started with A4AZ. I soft reset roughly 50 times. Each time it had 3 perfect IV's.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but my code starts with A4AZ and I have yet to get a soft reset with more than one perfect IV. The only potentially useful IV spread I've gotten so far was all high 20 except for attack (2 or 3 for arceus's sake!) and a BASHFUL nature. Needless to say, I'm still trying.

What does Steven say for the Nugget guy quest? I don't think it's been posted yet, and when the US can sR for it, I'm curious what it is

What does Steven say for the Nugget guy quest? I don't think it's been posted yet, and when the US can sR for it, I'm curious what it is
Just did it now. He says there are reports of a strange man on an island before the mission.

That's it. Weird how his house becomes open for no reason afterwards.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but my code starts with A4AZ and I have yet to get a soft reset with more than one perfect IV. The only potentially useful IV spread I've gotten so far was all high 20 except for attack (2 or 3 for arceus's sake!) and a BASHFUL nature. Needless to say, I'm still trying.
This is outright impossible, the 3-IV thing isn't related to the codes whatsoever.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Could a C-Pikachu with Light Ball

Volt Tackle
Icicle Crash
Grass Knot
Tbolt/Nuzzle

Be useful ?
Maybe, but it doesn't look like the Pikachu is going to have Volt Tackle. So its basically worthless competitively :/

In regards to Diancie codes: Please stop talking about them here. They are not relevant to the topic at hand.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Ok, two things:

• HOLY COW THE AQUA/MAGMA LEADER THEME IS SOOOOO GOOD!!
  • HOLY COW THE GYM LEADER BATTLE THEME IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!

Two more things:

• May's battle animation is so amazing and crisp!
  • THE RIVAL BATTLE MUSICCCCCCCCCCCCCC
OH MY GOD THOSE ALL SOUND AMAZING! Hopefully Wally is given the Rival theme as well, I think he was just given the normal trainer theme in the original games.

And another reminder that I have a spare code if anyone wants it.

If there's still anyone without a demo and still wondering, Steven's house isn't particularly exciting except for the references to other regions

Finally got the Nugget man, it probably IS time based, so I take back what I previously said. Tons of SRs yesterday, nothing, but got it as soon as I opened my DS today.

Finally got the Nugget man, it probably IS time based, so I take back what I previously said. Tons of SRs yesterday, nothing, but got it as soon as I opened my DS today.
Yeah seems like it. I just got it today without SRing and didn't even try to SR for any of the missions yet. I still haven't gotten the secret place though

Yeah, seems the secret place is the properly random one. Going by what the nugget man said, it should be possible to meet him again in the demo, so guess I'll have to keep playing for more nuggets ^^. They'll be quite valuable to get some quick cash at the start of the game.

I've been viewing other's demo videos.

I love Trainer music (especially the rival and Aqua/Magma ones). Can't wait to hear the Elite Four music.

I hope I'll have a good experience with the Contests in ORAS; wasn't a fan of the old ones.

Just a question: can the data concerning secret bases be obtained from the game yet?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)