NU Leafeon

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Taken over from Oshonypokegod / Kiyo

QC: Kiyo, Punchshroom, Amarillo
GP: Winry, Weebl

Overview
########

Leafeon has great overall stats, notably its excellent Speed and high Attack stats, allowing it to be an effective Swords Dance sweeper. Leafeon checks threatening physical attackers such as Feraligatr and Kangaskhan thanks to its Grass typing and respectable Defense. Leafeon has access to the combination of STAB Leaf Blade and Knock Off for utility and coverage, allowing it to hit most of the tier for at least neutral damage. However, Leafeon is walled by common defensive Pokemon such as Vileplume and Weezing. Leafeon also has a very low Special Defense stat, leaving it weak to common special attackers such as Mesprit and Vivillon.

Swords Dance
########
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Leaf Blade
move 3: Knock Off
move 4: Synthesis / X-Scissor
ability: Chlorophyll
item: Life Orb / Lum Berry
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly

Moves
========

Swords Dance boosts Leafeon's already high Attack stat to great levels, allowing it to punch holes in the opponent's team and possibly sweep. Leaf Blade is Leafeon's strongest STAB move, dealing huge amounts of damage to Pokemon that do not resist it. Knock Off provides great utility and coverage by hitting most Pokemon that resist Grass and weakening defensive Pokemon by removing their item. Synthesis allows Leafeon to regain health while setting up and after taking attacks such as Feraligatr's Ice Punch and Kangaskhan's Double-Edge. Alternatively, X-Scissor is an option to hit opposing Grass-types such as Tangela and Lilligant, for super effective damage. This is particularly helpful if Leafeon is paired with another sweeper that appreciates Tangela being weakened, such as Feraligatr. Baton Pass can be used to pass Swords Dance boosts to a teammate, but Leafeon is generally better off sweeping or punching holes on its own.

Set Details
========

The EV spread is straightforward for an offensive Pokemon, maximizing Leafeon's Attack and Speed. A Jolly nature is used over an Adamant one to capitalize on Leafeon's high Speed, allowing it to Speed tie with opposing base 95s, such as Primeape and Jynx, and outspeed threats such as Kangaskhan and Sawk. Life Orb greatly increases Leafeon's damage output, while a Lum Berry can be used to cure status once. Alternatively, Leftovers can be used for passive recovery throughout the battle in exchange for some loss of power.

Usage Tips
========

Leafeon should set up a Swords Dance when it threatens and forces out a foe such as Rhydon or Seismitoad, as well as a weak defensive Pokemon such as Ferroseed. Leafeon should not set up until its checks and counters have been KOed or severely weakened. However, it may be useful in some situations to use Swords Dance early on to pressure the opponent and give Leafeon's teammates an easier time. Due to its good Grass typing and excellent Defense stat, Leafeon can also act as an effective pivot into many physical attackers, including Feraligatr and Kangaskhan. While Leafeon can switch into many physical attackers, it needs to be wary of U-turn from the likes of Primeape, Mesprit, and Liepard. Leafeon should utilize its above-average Speed to check Pokemon such as Kangaskhan throughout the battle.

Team Options
========

Stealth Rock support from the likes of Seismitoad, Rhydon, and Probopass is helpful to wear down Leafeon's checks and counters. Forming a Fire / Water / Grass core is beneficial to cover Leafeon's various weaknesses. Good partners for this role include Seismitoad, Lanturn, Typhlosion, and Pyroar. Healing Wish support from Mesprit can be helpful to give Leafeon another chance at sweeping or punching holes into the opposing team. Teammates that share some checks and counters with Leafeon, such as Hariyama and Feraligatr, can help each other sweep. Both of these Pokemon have access to Ice Punch and Earthquake, which they can use to defeat Grass- and Poison-types that they lure in, such as Vileplume and Garbodor. Hariyama is also a good teammate because it resists Fire- and Ice-type attacks thanks to Thick Fat, but, it struggles with Flying-types. Rock-types, such as Rhydon and Probopass are good teammates to switch into Fire- and Flying-type attacks and provide Stealth Rock support. However, most Rock-types also have low Special Defense, which doesn't solve Leafeon's problems with special attackers.

Other Options
########

Wish can be used on a physically defensive set to pass health to teammates, but Leafeon's low HP stat won't create very large Wishes. Quick Attack is a priority move, but it is very weak without a STAB boost. Double-Edge is another move that hits Pokemon that resist Grass for neutral damage, but its recoil combined with that of Life Orb makes it a sub-optimal choice. A bulky set with Substitute, Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, and Baton Pass allows Leafeon to support its teammates by passing Substitutes and Swords Dance boosts.

Checks & Counters
########

**Ice-types**: Many Ice-types, including Cryogonal, Rotom-F, and Jynx, can threaten to KO Leafeon with their STAB moves, but most cannot switch into Leafeon safely. However, if Jynx is not running a Choice Scarf, it risks Speed tying with Leafeon.

**Fire-types**: Fire-types, such as Pyroar and Typhlosion, can easily switch into Leafeon's Leaf Blade and threaten to KO Leafeon with their STAB moves. However, all Fire-types do not appreciate losing their item to a Knock Off.

**Flying-types**: Flying-types such as Archeops, Vivillon, Rotom-S, and Scyther threaten Leafeon with their powerful STAB moves, but they must all be wary of Knock Off. Vivillon is, at its best, only a shaky check to Leafeon, as it relies on having its Focus Sash intact to KO Leafeon with Hurricane, so it will be greatly crippled by Knock Off. Rotom-S can burn Lum Berry-lacking Leafeon with Will-O-Wisp and threaten it with Air Slash. While Scyther does not appreciate losing its item to Knock Off, it can gain momentum with U-turn, heal off damage with Roost, or use Leafeon as Swords Dance bait.

**Bulky Grass-types**: Grass-types, such as Tangela and Vileplume, take minimal damage from Leafeon's STAB moves and can cripple it with a status move or hit back for super effective damage with Sludge Bomb or Hidden Power Ice. However, Tangela must be wary of a boosted X-Scissor and does not appreciate losing its Eviolite to Knock Off.

**Poison-types**: Poison-types, such as Garbodor, Dragalage, and Weezing, take little damage from Leafeon's STAB and coverage moves and can hit back with a strong super effective attack. Many Poison-types can also use Leafeon as setup fodder for Spikes, Toxic Spikes, or both.

Last edited:

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
As I said last thread, Double-Edge should not get a slash on the main set. If you want to muscle through bulky Poison-types, which Double-Edge fails to accomplish without tons of previous chip damage and a free SD anyways, you're looking for the wrong Pokemon. Knocking them off and playing around with your whole team is much easier.

I think Double-Edge will fare pretty well in OO alongside X-Scissor. An acceptable coverage option given Leafeon's otherwise lackluster movepool, but it's not something you'd want to use most of the times. Knock Off is miles better as a universal catch-all to Grass resisting switch-ins, and the minor coverage gained by 3rd attack isn't as crucial as utility of Baton Pass or staying power of Synthesis.

I guess you could also add something like a SubSD Baton Pass set with more defensive investment to OO. It is sort of a relic from the last generation when Leafeon only had 1 viable attacking move, but it's still a decent set as a dedicated Baton Passer.

Last edited:
not qc, just few things imo, feel free to ignore. I'm using the bold to make things clearer (I'm not including spelling errors as you mentioned you'll fix them yourself).

Overview:

- Also mention that has quite a lot of weaknesses that can at times stop it from doing work.

Set:
########
Name: Swords Dance

Move 1: Swords Dance
Move 2: Leaf Blade
Move 3: Knock Off / Double Edge
Move 4: Baton Pass / Synthesis
Ability: Chlorophyll
Item: Life Orb / Meadow Plate
Evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly / Adamant

should be changed to this

########

Set Details:

- IMO remove the 4 defense part, it is unrelevant.
- you forgot to mention why to use chlorophyll

Usage Tips:
- bit lacking imo, mention that it can switch in physical water, ground and rock-types (poliwrath, golem) and can beat them with leaf blade.
- tell them to use knock off when an eviolite user such as tangela is on the field to cripple it. However, don't use it against marowak, just beat that with leaf blade directly.

c&c:
- ice types should have its own section imo (jynx)

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
not qc, just few things imo, feel free to ignore. I'm using the bold to make things clearer (I'm not including spelling errors as you mentioned you'll fix them yourself).

Overview:

- Also mention that has quite a lot of weaknesses that can at times stop it from doing work.

Set:
########

should be changed to this

########

Set Details:

- IMO remove the 4 defense part, it is unrelevant.
- you forgot to mention why to use chlorophyll

Usage Tips:
- bit lacking imo, mention that it can switch in physical water, ground and rock-types (poliwrath, golem) and can beat them with leaf blade.
- tell them to use knock off when an eviolite user such as tangela is on the field to cripple it. However, don't use it against marowak, just beat that with leaf blade directly.

c&c:
- ice types should have its own section imo (jynx)
Thanks for the input. Going to be afk for about a day, so it'll be a bit before I implement the changes on my analysis work.

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
yea uhm Oshony's skeleton was bad. IDK if you just c/p'd his skeleton or not, but you might want to redo it completely.

Swords Dance
Leaf Blade
Knock Off
Synthesis / X-Scissor
Chlorophyll
Life Orb
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature.

Baton Pass in Moves.

Chlorophyll is only used as the ability since its other ability sucks, it CAN come in handy vs Sun teams some times.. but never use this on Sun there's so much better abusers lol.

Adamant is ass never mention that.

Meadow Plate is ass too.

X-Scissor is nice if you would want Leafeon to be able to beat Tangela (supports Feraligatr and other physical attackers)

Leafeon is a fantastic Gatr check. It can even somewhat handle Kangaskhan (usually a threat for offensive teams) as Leafeon outspeeds and can use Synthesis (Kangaskhan can 2HKO with Double-Edge since Leafeon doesn't carry any Defense EVs, but you outspeed and threaten to KO Kangaskhan (not from full, but with some prior damage) so you can heal as it switches out or as it try to Sucker Punch, etc. Leafeon can pmuch check a LOT of physical attackers thanks to its typing and good natural physically defensive bulk.

VM me or tag me when you have changed the analyse :)

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Don't need to talk about limited coverage. With Knock Off and Leaf Blade it really hits most things pretty hard. Knock Off is a ginormous blessing for her.

Tell me what situations increased crit chance on Leaf Blade comes in handy because I honestly cannot think of one. It's almost like saying "Flamethrower's 10% Burn chance really comes in handy"

Synthesis usually isn't used for recovering while setting up. It's more for switching into Feraligatr and undoing all the damage done by Ice Punch even if he were to predict correctly so you can check him over and over again throughout the match.

Don't even mention Vileplume as a X-Scissor target. Lilligant is another key target for having X-Scissor because you outspeed and OHKO with Life Orb after SR damage, so mention that instead.

This leafeon is best used as a tank...
This is misleading in that it makes people think it's a good idea to set up on stuff like Kangashkan. Stick to setting up on x4 Grass weaks and stuff that can literally do nothing back like you have below, not something grand like 'most physical attackers.'

I think 'wins if its checks are removed' holds true for literally everything, if anything you should tell us how you should go about doing so.

Mention above average speed as part of the reason it checks Kang and stuff.

Mention bulky Poison-types, like Garbodor and Dragalge, in the C&C section.

make all those changes and I think it's ready for a stamp, but no promises

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I'd probably take Ferroseed out of the overview when you consider that lol.

I think Lum Berry deserves a mention somewhere on here, I like to run it on 3 attacks SD and I think its worthy of a slash on main set just because it allows you to KO things like Mismagius and Rotom that could easily pose an issue with will-o, but if others disagree OO is fine.

Mention in Usage Tips that while Leafeon can switch into many common physical attackers it needs to be wary of U-turn from the likes of Liepard, Physical Mesprit, and Primeape.

Mention Rock types like Rhydon in Team Options as they switch in to flying type attacks aimed at Leafeon (mainly acro from cheops and bb from swellow), and can also switch into Fire types while being wary of HP Grass.

Flying Types like the aforemention Archeops and Swellow deserve a mention in C&C seeing as they outpace and OHKO Leafeon.

after feedback on lum and implementation i'll qc.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just curious, but does LO help you score any key KO's? Cause I have been using lefties for a while now and I have to say I really enjoy the extra longevity that lefties provides. If there isnt any specific KO's I would like to see lefties mentioned in Set Details.

marilli

With you
It's also for getting to OHKO bulky Feraligatrs without having to rely on prior damage.

252 Atk Leafeon Leaf Blade vs. 180 HP / 0 Def Feraligatr: 264-312 (74.1 - 87.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You could play around stuff, but it's still very neat

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
1/3
we still need to decide what the order of the items on the main set is going to be though

I'd like to see it be something like Life Orb / Leftovers with lum berry in set details

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Life Orb / Lum Berry with Leftovers in set details

Leafeon is kinda weak without Life Orb, thats why I like it btw. Leafeon doesn't always get to boost and you wouldn't want to miss a OHKO on something like weakened Camerupt / CB Sawk and die to a Lava Plume / CC or smth. also ye like amarillo said it helps vs gatr so you aren't forced to get too much dmg on it for leafeon to deal with it etc

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Rock-types such as Rhydon are good teammates to switch in on flying and fire type attacks while also providing stealth rock support, but compounds another ice-type weakness.
Not all Rock-types, such as Kabutops and Regirock, are weak to Ice. You can instead say that their low Special Defense makes it tougher for them to handle special attackers.

Hariyama can be a good teammate to resist Fire-, Ice-, and Bug-type moves for Leafeon, but both struggle against Flying- and Poison-types.

QC 2/3

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
Hariyama can be a good teammate to resist Fire-, Ice-, and Bug-type moves for Leafeon, but both struggle against Flying- and Poison-types.
QC 2/3
The only Poison-type that will always give trouble to Hariyama is Weezing as Hariyama will sometimes run Earthquake (which wouldn't surprise me if it's used with Leafeon too).

**Flying-types**: Pokemon such as Archeops and Swellow threaten Leafeon with their powerful STAB moves, but must be wary of Leaf Blade or Knock Off respectively.

**Special Attackers**: Due to Leafeon's lackluster Special Defense stat, powerful special attackers such as Dragalge and Vivillon hit Leafeon on its weaker defense stat.
Remove Special attackers. Remove swellow: name actual Flying-types that threaten Leafeon more instead. Scyther, Vivillon, Rotom-S.

Heya, here's a am check I did n_n

add / remove / Capitalize or lowercase
Leafeon has great stats across the board overall stats, notably its excellent Speed tier and high Attack stat allowing it to be an effective sweeper with Swords Dance. With its Grass- typing and respectable Defense stat, Leafeon checks threatening physical attackers such as Feraligatr and Kangaskhan. Leafeon has access to the combination of STAB Leaf Blade and Knock Off for utility and coverage, allowing it to hit most of the tier for at least neutral damage. However, Leafeon is walled by common defensive Pokemon in the tier such as Vileplume and Weezing. Leafeon also has a very low Special Defense stat leaving it weak to common special attackers such as Mesprit and Vivillon.

Swords Dance
########

Moves
========

Swords Dance boosts Leafeon's already high Attack stat to great levels, allowing to punch holes in the opponents team or sweep. Leaf Blade is Leafeon's strongest STAB move that does doing huge damage to Pokemon that do not resist it. Knock Off provides great utility and coverage by hitting most of the Grass resists in the tier, and also weakens defensive Pokemon by removing their item. Synthesis allows Leafeon to regain health even after from taking physical attacks such as Feraligatr's Ice Punch and Kangaskhan's Double-Edge, and also is helpful to stay health while boosting. X-Scissor is an option to hit opposing Grass- type such as Tangela and Lilligant for super effective damage. This is particularly helpful if Leafeon is paired with another sweeper such as Feraligatr, who appreciates Tangela being weakened. Baton Pass can be used to pass Swords Dance boosts to a teammate, but Leafeon is generally better off sweeping or punching holes on its own.

Set Details
========

The given EV spread is straightforward for an offensive Pokemon, maximizing Leafeon's Attack and Speed. A Jolly nature is used over an Adamant one to capitalize on Leafeon's high Speed tier, allowing it to Speed tie with opposing base 95 Pokemon such as Primeape and Jynx,;(RC)(add semicolon) while outspeeding threats such as Kangaskhan and Sawk. Life Orb greatly increases Leafeon's damage output.,(RP)(AC) while a Lum berry can be used to give a one-time cure for status. Leftovers is an option for passive recovery throughout the battle,(RC) in exchange for power.

Usage Tips
========

Leafeon should set up a Swords Dance when it threatens out an opponent such as Rhydon,(AC) or Seismitoad, or a weak defensive Pokemon such as Ferroseed. Leafeon should not setup until its checks and counters have been KOed or severely weakened,.(RC)(AP) but However,(AC) it may be useful in some situations to use Swords Dance early on to pressure the foe and give a teammate an easier time later on teammates better opportunities. Due to its good Grass typing and excellent Defense stat, Leafeon can also act as an effective pivot into many physical attackers such as Feraligatr and Kangaskhan. While Leafeon can switch into many physical attackers, in needs to be wary of U-turn from the likes of Primeape, Mesprit, and Liepard. Leafeon should utilize its above average Speed to check Pokemon such as Kangaskhan throughout the battle.

Team Options
========

Stealth Rock support from the likes of Seismitoad, Rhydon, and Probopass is are helpful to wear down Leafeon's checks and counters. Forming a Fire / Water / Grass Fire-, Water-, and Grass- type core is beneficial to cover Leafeon's various type weaknesses. Good partners for this role include Seismitoad, Lanturn, Typhlosion, and Pyroar. Healing Wish support from Mesprit can be helpful to give Leafeon another chance at sweeping or punching holes in the opposing team. Teammates that share similar checks and counters such as Hariyama and Feraligatr can help each other sweep. Both of these Pokemon have access to Ice Punch and Earthquake to lure in Grass- and Poison- types such as Vileplume and Garbodor. Hariyama is also a good teammate because it resists Fire- and Ice- type attacks thanks to Thick Fat, but also struggles with Flying- types. Rock- types such as Rhydon and Probopass are good teammates to switch into Fire- and Flying- type attacks and provide Stealth Rock support. However, most Rock- types also have low Special Defense, making it harder to handle special attackers.

Other Options
########

Wish can be used on a physically defensive set to pass of health to teammates, but Leafeon's low HP stat wont create very large Wishes. Quick Attack is a priority move, but it is very weak without a STAB boost. Double Edge is another move that hits Grass resists Pokemon that resist Grass- for neutral damage, but the recoil from the attack combined with Life Orb recoil makes it not the most an optimal choice. A bulky set with Substitute, Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, and Baton pass allows Leafeon to support its teammates by passing Substitutes and Swords Dance boosts.

Checks & Counters
########
**Ice-types**: Ice-types such as Cryogonal, Rotom-F, and Jynx all threaten to KO with their STAB moves but most cannot switch in safely. However, if Jynx is not equipped with a Choice Scarf is risks a Speed tie with Leafeon.

**Fire-types**: Fire-types such as Pyroar and Typhlosion can easily switch in on Leafeon's STAB Leaf Blade and threaten to KO with their STAB moves. However, neither will appreciate losing their item from a Knock Off on the switch.

**Flying-types**: Flying- types such as Archeops, Vivillon, Rotom-S, and Scyther threaten Leafeon with their powerful STAB moves, but all must be wary of Knock Off. Vivillon is only a shaky check to Leafeon at best, as it relies on having a Focus Sash intact to KO Leafeon with Hurricane, as it will be greatly crippled by a Knock Off. Rotom-S can burn Leafeon with Will-O-Wisp if it is lacking a Lum Berry or threaten it with Air Slash. While Scyther does not appreciate losing its item to Knock Off, it can gain momentum with U-turn, heal off damage with Roost, or use Leafeon as Swords Dance set up bait.

**Bulky Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Tangela and Vileplume both take minimal damage from Leafeon's STAB moves and can cripple it with a status move, or hit back for super effective damage with Sludge Bomb or Hidden Power Ice. Tangela must be wary of a boosted X-Scissor, and does not appreciate losing its Eviolite to Knock Off.

**Poison-types**: Poison-types such as Garbodor, Dragalage, and Weezing take little damage from Leafeon's STAB and its coverage moves, and can hit back hit with a strong super effective attack. All of these Pokemon can also use Leafeon as set up fodder for Spikes and Toxic Spikes.

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
add / remove / Capitalize
Overview
########

Leafeon has great overall stats, notably its excellent Speed and high Attack stat, (AC) allowing it to be an effective sweeper with Swords Dance sweeper. With its Grass-typing and respectable Defense stat, Leafeon checks threatening physical attackers such as Feraligatr and Kangaskhan. Leafeon has access to the combination of STAB Leaf Blade and Knock Off for utility and coverage, allowing it to hit most of the tier for at least neutral damage. However, Leafeon is walled by common defensive Pokemon in the tier such as Vileplume and Weezing. Leafeon also has a very low Special Defense stat, (AC) leaving it weak to common special attackers such as Mesprit and Vivillon.

Swords Dance
########

Moves
========

Swords Dance boosts Leafeon's already high Attack stat to great levels, allowing to punch holes in the opponent's team or sweep. Leaf Blade is Leafeon's strongest STAB move, (AC) dealing doing huge amounts of damage to Pokemon that do not resist it. Knock Off provides great utility and coverage by hitting most of the Grass resists Pokemon that resist Grass in the tier, (RC) and also weakensing defensive Pokemon by removing their item. Synthesis allows Leafeon to regain health even while boosting and after taking attacks such as Feraligatr's Ice Punch and Kangaskhan's Double-Edge, and also is helpful to stay healthy while boosting. Alternatively, (AC) X-Scissor is an option to hit opposing Grass-type such as Tangela and Lilligant for super effective damage. This is particularly helpful if Leafeon is paired with another sweeper such as Feraligatr, who which appreciates Tangela being weakened. Baton Pass can be used to pass Swords Dance boosts to a teammate, but Leafeon is generally better off sweeping or punching holes on its own.

Set Details
========
The EV spread is straightforward for an offensive Pokemon, maximizing Leafeon's Attack and Speed. A Jolly nature is used over an Adamant one to capitalize on Leafeon's high Speed, allowing it to Speed tie with opposing base 95 Pokemon such as Primeape and Jynx; (remove semicolon) while outspeeding threats such as Kangaskhan and Sawk. Life Orb greatly increases Leafeon's damage output, while a Lum Berry can be used to give a one-time cure for status once. Alternatively, (AC) Leftovers is an option for passive recovery throughout the battle in exchange for power.

Usage Tips
========

Leafeon should set up a Swords Dance when it threatens out an opponent a foe such as Rhydon, Seismitoad, or a weak defensive Pokemon such as Ferroseed. Leafeon should not set up until its checks and counters have been KOed or severely weakened. However, it may be useful in some situations to use Swords Dance early on to pressure the foe and give teammates an easier time. Due to its good Grass typing and excellent Defense stat, Leafeon can also act as an effective pivot into many physical attackers such as Feraligatr and Kangaskhan. While Leafeon can switch into many physical attackers, in it needs to be wary of U-turn from the likes of Primeape, Mesprit, and Liepard. Leafeon should utilize its above average Speed to check Pokemon such as Kangaskhan throughout the battle.

Team Options
========

Stealth Rock support from the likes of Seismitoad, Rhydon, and Probopass are helpful to wear down Leafeon's checks and counters. Forming a Fire-, Water-, Grass-type core is beneficial to cover Leafeon's various weaknesses. Good partners for this role include Seismitoad, Lanturn, Typhlosion, and Pyroar. Healing Wish support from Mesprit can be helpful to give Leafeon another chance at sweeping or punching holes in the opposing team. Teammates that share similar checks and counters such as Hariyama and Feraligatr can help each other sweep. Both of these Pokemon have access to Ice Punch and Earthquake to lure in Grass- and Poison-types such as Vileplume and Garbodor. Hariyama is also a good teammate because it resists Fire- and Ice-type attacks thanks to Thick Fat, but it also struggles with Flying-types. Rock-types such as Rhydon and Probopass are good teammates to switch into Fire- and Flying-type attacks and provide Stealth Rock support. However, most Rock-types also have low Special Defense, making it harder to handle special attackers.

Other Options
########

Wish can be used on a physically defensive set to pass health to teammates, but Leafeon's low HP stat won't create very large Wishes. Quick Attack is a priority move, but it is very weak without a STAB boost. Double Edge is another move that hits Pokemon that resist Grass for neutral damage, but the recoil from the attack combined with Life Orb recoil makes it not an optimal choice. A bulky set with Substitute, Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, and Baton Pass allows Leafeon to support its teammates by passing Substitutes and Swords Dance boosts.

Checks & Counters
########
**Ice-types**: Ice-types such as (space) Cryogonal, Rotom-F, and Jynx all threaten to KO Leafeon with their STAB moves, (AC) but most cannot switch in safely. However, if Jynx is not equipped with a Choice Scarf, (AC) it is risks a Speed tie with Leafeon.

**Fire-types**: Fire-types such as Pyroar and Typhlosion can easily switch in on Leafeon's STAB Leaf Blade and threaten to KO with their STAB moves. However, neither will appreciate losing their item from a Knock Off .

**Flying-types**: Flying-types such as Archeops, Vivillon, Rotom-S, and Scyther threaten Leafeon with their powerful STAB moves, but all must be wary of Knock Off. Vivillon is only a shaky check to Leafeon at best, as it relies on having a Focus Sash intact to KO Leafeon with Hurricane, as it will be greatly crippled by a Knock Off. Rotom-S can burn Leafeon with Will-O-Wisp if it is lacking a Lum Berry or threaten it with Air Slash. While Scyther does not appreciate losing its item to Knock Off, it can gain momentum with U-turn, heal off damage with Roost, or use Leafeon as Swords Dance bait.

**Bulky Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Tangela and Vileplume both take minimal damage from Leafeon's STAB moves and can cripple it with a status move, (RC) or hit back for super effective damage with Sludge Bomb or Hidden Power Ice. Tangela must be wary of a boosted X-Scissor, (RC) and does not appreciate losing its Eviolite to Knock Off.

**Poison-types**: Poison-types such as Garbodor, Dragalage, and Weezing take little damage from Leafeon's STAB and coverage moves, (RC) and can hit back hit with a strong super effective attack. All of these Pokemon can also use Leafeon as set up fodder for Spikes and Toxic Spikes.

GP 1/2

Last edited:
amcheck
Overview
########

Leafeon has great overall stats, notably its excellent Speed and high Attack stat, allowing it to be an effective Swords Dance sweeper. With its Grass-typing and respectable Defense stat, Leafeon checks threatening physical attackers, such as Feraligatr and Kangaskhan. Leafeon has access to the combination of STAB Leaf Blade and Knock Off for utility and coverage, allowing it to hit most of the tier for at least neutral damage. However, Leafeon is walled by common defensive Pokemon in the tier, such as Vileplume and Weezing. Leafeon also has a very low Special Defense stat, leaving it weak to common special attackers such as Mesprit and Vivillon.

Swords Dance
########

Moves
========

Swords Dance boosts Leafeon's already high Attack stat to great levels, allowing it to punch holes in the opponent's team or sweep. Leaf Blade is Leafeon's strongest STAB move, dealing huge amounts of damage to Pokemon that do not resist it. Knock Off provides great utility and coverage by hitting most Pokemon that resist Grass-types in the tier, and weakening defensive Pokemon by removing their item. Synthesis allows Leafeon to regain health while boosting and after taking attacks such as Feraligatr's Ice Punch and Kangaskhan's Double-Edge. Alternatively, X-Scissor is an option to hit opposing Grass-types, such as Tangela and Lilligant, for super effective damage. This is particularly helpful if Leafeon is paired with another sweeper, such as Feraligatr, which appreciates Tangela being weakened. Baton Pass can be used to pass Swords Dance boosts to a teammate, but Leafeon is generally better off sweeping or punching holes on its own.

Set Details
========

The EV spread is straightforward for an offensive Pokemon, maximizing Leafeon's Attack and Speed. A Jolly nature is used over an Adamant one to capitalize on Leafeon's high Speed, allowing it to Speed tie with opposing base 95 Speed Pokemon, such as Primeape and Jynx, while outspeeding threats, such as Kangaskhan and Sawk. Life Orb greatly increases Leafeon's damage output, while a Lum Berry can be used to cure status once. Alternatively, Leftovers is an option for passive recovery throughout the battle in exchange for power.

Usage Tips
========

Leafeon should set up a Swords Dance when it threatens and forces out a foe such as Rhydon, or Seismitoad, or a weak defensive Pokemon, such as Ferroseed. Leafeon should not set up until its checks and counters have been KOed or severely weakened. However, it may be useful in some situations to use Swords Dance early on to pressure the foe and give teammates an easier time. Due to its good Grass typing and excellent Defense stat, Leafeon can also act as an effective pivot into many physical attackers, such as Feraligatr and Kangaskhan. While Leafeon can switch into many physical attackers, it needs to be wary of U-turn from the likes of Primeape, Mesprit, and Liepard. Leafeon should utilize its above average Speed to check Pokemon such as Kangaskhan throughout the battle.

Team Options
========

Stealth Rock support from the likes of Seismitoad, Rhydon, and Probopass are helpful to wear down Leafeon's checks and counters. Forming a Fire-, /Water-, /Grass-type core is beneficial to cover Leafeon's various weaknesses. Good partners for this role include Seismitoad, Lanturn, Typhlosion, and Pyroar. Healing Wish support from Mesprit can be helpful to give Leafeon another chance at sweeping or punching holes in the opposing team. Teammates that share similar checks and counters, such as Hariyama and Feraligatr, can help each other sweep. Both of these Pokemon have access to Ice Punch and Earthquake to lurand can use these against Grass- and Poison-types that they lure in, such as Vileplume and Garbodor. Hariyama is also a good teammate, because it resists Fire- and Ice-type attacks, thanks to Thick Fat, but it also struggles with Flying-types. Rock-types, such as Rhydon and Probopass, are good teammates to switch into Fire- and Flying-type attacks and provide Stealth Rock support. However, most Rock-types also have low Special Defense, making it harder to handle special attackers.

Other Options
########

Wish can be used on a physically defensive set to pass health to teammates, but Leafeon's low HP stat won't create very large Wishes. Quick Attack is a priority move, but it is very weak without a STAB boost. Double Edge is another move that hits Pokemon that resist Grass for neutral damage, but the recoil from the attack, combined with Life Orb recoil, makes it not an optimal bad choice. A bulky set with Substitute, Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, and Baton Pass allows Leafeon to support its teammates by passing Substitutes and Swords Dance boosts.

Checks & Counters
########
**Ice-types**: Ice-types, such as Cryogonal, Rotom-F, and Jynx all, threaten to KO Leafeon with their STAB moves, but most cannot switch in safely. However, if Jynx is not equipped with a Choice Scarf, it risks a Speed tie with Leafeon.

**Fire-types**: Fire-types, such as Pyroar and Typhlosion, can easily switch in on Leafeon's STAB Leaf Blade, and threaten to KO with their STAB moves. However, neither will appreciate losing their item from a Knock Off .

**Flying-types**: Flying-types, such as Archeops, Vivillon, Rotom-S, and Scyther, threaten Leafeon with their powerful STAB moves, but all must be wary of Knock Off. Vivillon is only a shaky check to Leafeon at best, as it relies on having a Focus Sash intact to KO Leafeon with Hurricane, as itnd will be greatly crippled by a Knock Off. Rotom-S can burn Leafeon with Will-O-Wisp if itLeafeon is lacking a Lum Berry, or threaten it with Air Slash. While Scyther does not appreciate losing its item to Knock Off, it can gain momentum with U-turn, heal off damage with Roost, or use Leafeon as Swords Dance bait.

**Bulky Grass-types**: Grass-types, such as Tangela and Vileplume both, take minimal damage from Leafeon's STAB moves, and can cripple it with a status move or hit back for super effective damage with Sludge Bomb or Hidden Power Ice. Tangela must be wary of a boosted X-Scissor, however, and does not appreciate losing its Eviolite to Knock Off.

**Poison-types**: Poison-types, such as Garbodor, Dragalage, and Weezing, take little damage from Leafeon's STAB and coverage moves, and can hit back with a strong super effective attack. All of these Pokemon can also use Leafeon as setup fodder for Spikes and Toxic Spikes.

Weebl

Hey!
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
add/(un)Capitalize
remove
(comments)

Overview
########

Leafeon has great overall stats, notably its excellent Speed and high Attack stats, allowing it to be an effective Swords Dance sweeper. With its Grass-typing and respectable Defense stat, Leafeon checks threatening physical attackers such as Feraligatr and Kangaskhan thanks to its Grass typing and respectable Defense. Leafeon has access to the combination of STAB Leaf Blade and Knock Off for utility and coverage, allowing it to hit most of the tier for at least neutral damage. However, Leafeon is walled by common defensive Pokemon in the tier such as Vileplume and Weezing. Leafeon also has a very low Special Defense stat, leaving it weak to common special attackers such as Mesprit and Vivillon.

Swords Dance
########

Moves
========

Swords Dance boosts Leafeon's already high Attack stat to great levels, allowing it to punch holes in the opponent's team or and possibly sweep. Leaf Blade is Leafeon's strongest STAB move, dealing huge amounts of damage to Pokemon that do not resist it. Knock Off provides great utility and coverage by hitting most Pokemon that resist Grass in the tier and weakening defensive Pokemon by removing their item. Synthesis allows Leafeon to regain health while boosting setting up and after taking attacks such as Feraligatr's Ice Punch and Kangaskhan's Double-Edge. Alternatively, X-Scissor is an option to hit opposing Grass-types, such as Tangela and Lilligant, (AC) for super effective damage. This is particularly helpful if Leafeon is paired with another sweeper such as Feraligatr, which that appreciates Tangela being weakened, such as Feraligatr. Baton Pass can be used to pass Swords Dance boosts to a teammate, but Leafeon is generally better off sweeping or punching holes on its own.

Set Details
========

The EV spread is straightforward for an offensive Pokemon, maximizing Leafeon's Attack and Speed. A Jolly nature is used over an Adamant one to capitalize on Leafeon's high Speed, allowing it to Speed tie with opposing base 95s, Pokemon such as Primeape and Jynx, (AC) and outspeed while outspeeding threats such as Kangaskhan and Sawk. Life Orb greatly increases Leafeon's damage output, while a Lum Berry can be used to cure status once. Alternatively, Leftovers is an option can be used for passive recovery throughout the battle in exchange for some loss of power.

Usage Tips
========

Leafeon should set up a Swords Dance when it threatens and forces out out a foe such as Rhydon, or Seismitoad, or a as well as weak defensive Pokemon such as Ferroseed. Leafeon should not set up until its checks and counters have been KOed or severely weakened. However, it may be useful in some situations to use Swords Dance early on to pressure the foe opponent and give Leafeon's teammates an easier time. Due to its good Grass typing and excellent Defense stat, Leafeon can also act as an effective pivot into many physical attackers, including such as Feraligatr and Kangaskhan. While Leafeon can switch into many physical attackers, it needs to be wary of U-turn from the likes of Primeape, Mesprit, and Liepard. Leafeon should utilize its above-average (add hyphen) Speed to check Pokemon such as Kangaskhan throughout the battle.

Team Options
========

Stealth Rock support from the likes of Seismitoad, Rhydon, and Probopass are is helpful to wear down Leafeon's checks and counters. Forming a Fire-, Water-, Grass-type Fire / Water / Grass core is beneficial to cover Leafeon's various weaknesses. Good partners for this role include Seismitoad, Lanturn, Typhlosion, and Pyroar. Healing Wish support from Mesprit can be helpful to give Leafeon another chance at sweeping or punching holes into the opposing team. Teammates that share similar some checks and counters with Leafeon, such as Hariyama and Feraligatr, (AC) can help each other sweep. Both of these Pokemon have access to Ice Punch and Earthquake, which they can use to lure in defeat Grass- and Poison-types that they lure in, such as Vileplume and Garbodor. Hariyama is also a good teammate because it resists Fire- and Ice-type attacks thanks to Thick Fat, but, like Leafeon, it also struggles with Flying-types. Rock-types, (AC) such as Rhydon and Probopass, (AC) are good teammates to switch into Fire- and Flying-type attacks and provide Stealth Rock support. However, most Rock-types also have low Special Defense, making it harder to handle which doesn't help solve Leafeon's problems with special attackers.

Other Options
########

Wish can be used on a physically defensive set to pass health to teammates, but Leafeon's low HP stat won't create very large Wishes. Quick Attack is a priority move, but it is very weak without a STAB boost. Double-Edge (add hyphen) is another move that hits Pokemon that resist Grass for neutral damage, but its recoil combined with that of the recoil from the attack combined with Life Orb recoil makes it not an sub-optimal choice. A bulky set with Substitute, Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, and Baton Pass allows Leafeon to support its teammates by passing Substitutes and Swords Dance boosts.

Checks & Counters
########
(add empty line)
**Ice-types**: Many Ice-types, including such as Cryogonal, Rotom-F, and Jynx, can all threaten to KO Leafeon with their STAB moves, but most cannot switch into Leafeon safely. However, if Jynx is not equipped with a running Choice Scarf, it risks a Speed tieying with Leafeon.

**Fire-types**: Fire-types, (AC) such as Pyroar and Typhlosion, (AC) can easily switch into on Leafeon's STAB Leaf Blade and threaten to KO Leafeon with their STAB moves. However, neither many Fire-types do not will appreciate losing their item from to a Knock Off(remove space).

**Flying-types**: Flying-types such as Archeops, Vivillon, Rotom-S, and Scyther threaten Leafeon with their powerful STAB moves, but they must all must be wary of Knock Off. Vivillon is, at best, only a shaky check to Leafeon at best, as it relies on having a its Focus Sash intact to KO Leafeon with Hurricane, as so it will be greatly crippled by a Knock Off. Rotom-S can burn Lum Berry-lacking Leafeon with Will-O-Wisp if it is lacking a Lum Berry or and threaten it with Air Slash. While Scyther does not appreciate losing its item to Knock Off, it can gain momentum with U-turn, heal off damage with Roost, or use Leafeon as Swords Dance bait.

**Bulky Grass-types**: Grass-types, (AC) such as Tangela and Vileplume, (AC) both take minimal damage from Leafeon's STAB moves and can cripple it with a status move or hit back for super effective damage with Sludge Bomb or Hidden Power Ice. However, Tangela must be wary of a boosted X-Scissor and does not appreciate losing its Eviolite to Knock Off.

**Poison-types**: Poison-types, (AC) such as Garbodor, Dragalage, and Weezing, (AC) take little damage from Leafeon's STAB and coverage moves and can hit back with a strong super effective attack. All of these Pokemon Many Poison-types can also use Leafeon as setup fodder for Spikes, (AC) and Toxic Spikes, or both.

GP 2/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)