move 4: Recover
ability: Protean
item: Life Orb
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Adamant

Moves
========

• Fake Out gives priority.
  • Sucker Punch is notable for hitting Ghost-types.
  • Return is a secondary Normal-type STAB.
  • Recover can be used to heal off Life Orb recoil.
  • Brick Break can replace Recover, though it mostly gives unneeded coverage.

Set Details
========

• The EV spread combined with the Adamant nature give Kecleon the maximum amount of power it can have combined with Life Orb.
  • Protean is the main reason to want to use Kecleon in the first place. This ability gives it STAB on pretty much any move it uses, including status moves.

Usage Tips
========

• Fake Out is nice for free damage, though you shouldn't always use it first thing as it can give Ghost-types free turns.
  • It is recommended not to spam Sucker Punch due to the general unreliability of the move.

Team Options
========

• Kadabra is a great partner to use with Kecleon as it beats Fighting-types, while Kecleon can beat Ghost-types. Other Psychic-types such as Mr. Mime also work for this.
  • A bulky Fighting-type such as Throh and Poliwrath helps majorly against the Rock and Steel-types Kecleon is generally hopeless against. Throh also can absorb Burns via its Guts ability.

Other Options
########

• Shadow Sneak is a rather cute move for avoiding Fighting-type attacks. However it provides little coverage.
  • An Assault Vest set is usable though is somewhat weak.
  • Defensive Set
  • Don't use Color Change ever. While Color Change does give you access to moves like Stealth Rock and Knock Off, it still isn't worth having an ability that the opponent can pretty much abuse.
  • Kecleon can use a few Special moves, but it has a low Special Attack stat. However, some of these moves (Mainly Thunderbolt and Fire Blast) can give Kecleon decent coverage.
  • A Choice Band set is plausible but locking Kecleon into a single move makes it easy to take advantage of.

Checks & Counters
########
  • **Bulky Fighting-types**: Pokemon such as Poliwrath and Throh can tank hits from Kecleon and hit hard back with Fighting-type STAB.
  • **Rock-types**: Rock-types such as Golem and the uncommon Bastidon pretty much wall Kecleon unless it runs Fighting-type coverage.

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ummmm I don't think this is quite QC ready. You have a couple of incredibly bare sections with blatantly obvious points that I think you added on to move it out of WIP.

I get literally no knowledge from Usage Tips..."fake out is nice free damage" "don't use sucker punch to much its unreliable" Fake Out is incredibly generic and I don't even understand your reasoning behind the Sucker Punch bit. What you need to do is tell us when to Fake Out and when to Sucker Punch and you need to tell us a lot more than this.

Team Options all I'm getting is I want a Psyshic and Fighting type on my team. That's it???? You need a lot more not so obvious teammates.

C&C pretty much has two things that barely check Kecleon as it can avoid taking SE from Fighting-types between Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch while Steel-types take neutral from its priority.

From the information that you have put down in this thread it seems evident to me that you have no experience with Kecleon in the PU meta for that reason I am giving QC Reject 1/3 If you fix the afore mentioned things and display knowledge on how Kecleon functions in the PU meta game than you can possibly finish this skeleton.

(To other QC members, please give the writer a chance to update the OP accordingly before giving another reject)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)