CAP Plasmanta Playtest-My First RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I'm posting this on the right thread.....

So I'm participating on the new Plasmanta Playtest team, and I really want to make a team or so that'll counter the omnipresent Bisharps/Mega Gyara/Landorus-Therian. I'm posting my team here, feel free to make any changes whatsoever and don't hesitate to replace my Pokemon. I'm looking for a sort-of stall/troll team, but i can't find the right synergy. So this is what I came up with. Please help! Don't question the nicknames.

JORDAN (Plasmanta) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Bomb
- Signal Beam
Plasmanta has always seemed a very unique Pokemon to me. It's unique typing (with quad weakness to Ground) provides a very interesting field of play. I put a standard Scarf Plasmanta, with Tbolt/Sludge Bomb as it's main STABs, and HP Ice to counter Landorus-Therian. Signal Beam is for the Lati twins, as it hits harder than HP Ice. This Plasmanta set seems like a very cookie-cutter set, but I have experimented with running a Toxic stall as well as a Thunder Wave stall. In both cases, Landorus-Therian destroyed my team. Unfortunately, Landorus-Therian being the single greatest threat to any team, Plasmanta or not, I really can't find a good way to counter it.

JORDAN (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge/Superpower
- Knock Off
Your standard Landorus-Therian, with scarf to outspeed Mega Gyarados at +1 Speed, and Superpower to finish it off. I usually use Superpower over Stone Edge, yet I find that using stone edge works wonders against the plethora of Weaviles running amok in the tier. U-Turn is for switching out against Ferrothorn and hitting the Lati twins, as Plasmanta is kinda weak to most hits, or any hit at all. Landorus-Therian is hard to counter as it's force should not be underestimated, but then again, locking it into an Earthquake is a double-edged blade. Landorus-Therian is too easy to predict, but unfortunately I can't seem to find another Pokemon to take its place

JORDAN (Gardevoir) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Will-O-Wisp
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
Mega Gardevoir has been the saving grace of my team a lot. Energy Ball hits Rotom-Wash and Psychic hits opposing Plasmanta. Hyper Voice finishes the job against Mega Gyarados, and Will-O-Wisp provides surprising coverage against stall teams as the residual burn damage is very useful and most people don't expect it from Mega Gardevoir. Mega Gardevoir's special attack is nothing to sneeze at, and it's base 100 speed doesn't help opposing Mega Gyarados' much either, as I can get off a Hyper Voice before they set up their first Dragon Dance. The grass type STAB may be questioned, but it provides a surprising edge over many Pokemon.

JORDAN (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
Specially Defensive Heatran is generally bulky all around. Providing good defenses and great HP, not much can be done against this monster in terms of damage, unless a surprise Mega Charizard Earthquakes it. Specially Defensive Heatran is one of my best pokemon. The standard set of Lava Plume for burns, Toxic for poisoning, and Roar+Stealth Rock to counter opposing Talonflames and Pokemon that set up. Mega Gyarados is defenseless when it's roared away. Flash Fire comes in against many threats such as Talonflame and the Mega Charizards as they try to attack my Gardevoir with Fire-Type moves.

JORDAN (Keldeo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
Standard LO Keldeo. Icy wind is for Dragons, Hydro Pump/Scald for alternative damage, and not much takes a Secret Sword easily unless it is resistant. Keldeo stands as my main counter to Tyranitar and can take down the Lati twins with an easily predicted switch-in, thinking that it has specs. This Keldeo is my main counter to any opposing Chansey, yet it also provides a surprising niche against the threats of Mega Gyarados as it's Secret Sword+STAB can substantially damage a Mega Gyarados, if not faint it after rocks damage.

JORDAN (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

This Clefable focuses mostly on stalling and focus blasting opposing Bisharps and Mega Gyarados', and is generally bulky all around. Clefable+Heatran generally provide all the defense I need, yet the combo is breakable by a mixed attacker. Clefable takes care of many pokemon who don't expect the physical defense, such as Conkeldurr. Clefable is also effective against the Lati twins, as it's natural bulk can take a hit pretty well in return for an offensive Moonblast to at least deal some damage against the Lati twins. Physically Defensive Clefable is my counter to Landorus-Therian, as only rare does Clefable faint against Earthquakes and U-turns. The Wish passing is also another factor that helps me counter Talonflame.

Threats: Mega Gyarados, Bisharp, Landorus-Therian, Azumarill, Gothitelle, Mawile-Mega
JORDAN (Plasmanta) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Storm Drain
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Bomb
- Signal Beam

JORDAN (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge/Superpower
- Knock Off

JORDAN (Gardevoir) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Will-O-Wisp
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

JORDAN (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

JORDAN (Keldeo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

JORDAN (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

This is probably a really horrible team, and I know experienced players will probably laugh their heads off at this effort, but please help!

Last edited by a moderator:
well, I have noticed some poor move choices. First of all, you shouldn't be running signal beam on plasmanta, psyshock will cover more, and allow you to at least do some damage to chansey. Heatran should be running flash cannon in place of toxic, since, tbh, in cap it can't really wall much. Psyshock is better than psychic on garde, since you can dent chansey and other special walls.

Last edited:

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey, since this is a playtest team and not a CAP Metagame team, I am going to move this thread over to the main CAP forum. Also, LegendaryMouse, the image links in your post are broken, so I would suggest fixing those.

I'll give the team a more thorough look over in a bit, but at a quick glance, the first thing that stands out to me is how much you are focusing on Gyarados. While obviously this is a playtest where people want to try out the Plasmanta + Gyarados core, teams of all types are plenty viable here. You mention how to take on Gyarados in nearly every one of your Pokemon's descriptions, so I can't help but think you are a little overprepared for Gyarados, which will likely leave you underprepared for other threats. I'm guessing you should look more at which other Pokemon you don't have as much for, and focus a bit more on them, rather than just Gyarados.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)