Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1:

I'd love to see the Replay-Button in a replay-battle somewhere out of the actual battlescreen. It doesn't look quite aesthetic in the middle of the screen, so I'd suggest to place it somewhere like in my selfmade-picasso-screenshot.

That would represent the battlecamera on the DS, which is placed at the bottom screen and would make recorded battles look better because the Play / Resume-button isn't in the middle of the screen.

#2:

It would look much better, if the animations / sprites would be a little wider between each other so that they don't overlap that much in preview or multibattles.

That's it :D

Attachments

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Is it possible to fix this problem? Everyone knows what I mean, I think. If you're hovering over a move or pokemon and the opponent forfeits, the pop up box-kind of thing will stay up.
Thanks to Earl x Sweatshirt for helping me visualize this problem.

Is it possible to fix this problem? Everyone knows what I mean, I think. If you're hovering over a move or pokemon and the opponent forfeits, the pop up box-kind of thing will stay up.
Whenever that happens to me I just put my cursor over the Pokemon again and it goes away (also starting another battle makes it go away) but it's still annoying that it gets stuck there in the first place.

While the issue of tooltip boxes staying on the screen is well known and most times bothersome, the specific situation you describe seems like proper behaviour, as the box disappears after immediately moving the mouse pointer around. Some people might actually want to keep reading the description even after the opponent forfeited (I, for one, would).

Can we have a friend option for Showdown? So you can remember some users we like and battle them later? Also, let users save their teams on the web rather than having to mess with the cookies and import and export and all that stuff. Because when I want to play on a new computer, I either have to export from my text document in Google Drive or make the team from scratch. And either processes are annoying and time consuming. Thanks!

Can we have a friend option for Showdown? So you can remember some users we like and battle them later? Also, let users save their teams on the web rather than having to mess with the cookies and import and export and all that stuff. Because when I want to play on a new computer, I either have to export from my text document in Google Drive or make the team from scratch. And either processes are annoying and time consuming. Thanks!
A friend system is already developed but won't be implemented until the server is optimized a bit more. Saving teams on the site itself would take up a lot of space on the server so I doubt that'd happen any time soon. Just continue backing up your teams on Google Drive for now.

I think it'd be nice to have your COIL ranking displayed for all tiers instead of just suspect test. I know that the COIL ratting system was made for the soul purpose of suspect testing, but I think it would be nice to see how high of a COIL I could get in other tiers.

I think it'd be nice to have your COIL ranking displayed for all tiers instead of just suspect test. I know that the COIL ratting system was made for the soul purpose of suspect testing, but I think it would be nice to see how high of a COIL I could get in other tiers.
COIL can't be calculated for every tier because it's in fact a family of rating systems.
Each suspect test chooses one of them by setting the value of a certain parameter. Only afterwards is the COIL well defined for that format.

COIL can't be calculated for every tier because it's in fact a family of rating systems.
Each suspect test chooses one of them by setting the value of a certain parameter. Only afterwards is the COIL well defined for that format.
Ah I see, I didn't completely understand the formula's for COIL but I knew that it was made for suspects and only suspects now I see why. Thanks

I suppose this is a suggestion....more like a trivial complaint.
Change rapid spin's xy smogon strategy pokedex entry, to mention the fact, it removes STEALTH ROCKharhar
(I didn't know that so for the longest time I was using just defoggers)

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I suppose this is a suggestion....more like a trivial complaint.
Change rapid spin's xy smogon strategy pokedex entry, to mention the fact, it removes STEALTH ROCKharhar
(I didn't know that so for the longest time I was using just defoggers)
  • Frees user from hazards/partial trap/Leech Seed.
Stealth Rock is a hazard ?

I think this is a small thing, but there is a glitch in showdown's gen 1 battles involving Reflect and Light Screen. Critical hits should ignore their effects, but they instead act like in the older generations. I think this should be fixed.

I think this is a small thing, but there is a glitch in showdown's gen 1 battles involving Reflect and Light Screen. Critical hits should ignore their effects, but they instead act like in the older generations. I think this should be fixed.
Could you provide a replay of this in action? I checked veekun and critical hits should ignore light screen and reflect in all generations

Light Screen
Reflect

Please use the Bug Reports thread next time as that is the thread to report bugs.

Would it be possible to make it so the arrow keys on the keyboard worked in Showdown's teambuilder? It'd be nice to use them instead of scrolling through the long lists of moves and Pokemon. Apologies if this has been suggested before, I don't check this often. :/

Would it be possible to make it so the arrow keys on the keyboard worked in Showdown's teambuilder? It'd be nice to use them instead of scrolling through the long lists of moves and Pokemon. Apologies if this has been suggested before, I don't check this often. :/
I'm not sure exactly what you're after but you can currently tab complete on teambuilder by typing the first few letters of a pokemon, ability, item or move and the. Pressing tab it will autocomplete the first result

I'm not sure exactly what you're after but you can currently tab complete on teambuilder by typing the first few letters of a pokemon, ability, item or move and the. Pressing tab it will autocomplete the first result
Sorry I didn't make that clear. I meant that it'd be cool to be able to use the arrow keys to scroll to lists like these:

I know about using tab/ enter to complete it, but I just feel like the arrow keys are a missed opportunity. It's also be nice to have it work for these boxes as well:

It'd make it easier to select the move you want; for example, I often write "earth" into the teambuilder trying to get Earthquake and then hit enter (moving me to the next box), but Earth Power is selected and I have to go back and fix it, which is kind of annoying when I'm typing out sets quickly. Using arrow keys to move between each of the boxes would make it easier to correct errors like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)