Official Smogon Fantasy Football PLAYOFF Thread (2014-15 Edition)

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Any non Flacco comment and you're a pretty smart dude. But when it comes to Flacco you make Pacman Jones look like a nobel prize winner. Check the run/pass balance this season. Check the YPA, the completion percentage, how he's played in certain situations. Damn man, stop being bitter about the fact that the qb on your biggest rival has been better than yours this season lol
Lol man I'm trolling, calm down! I actually met Flacco last year, pretty straight up dude.

and I'm starting Forsett in another league =/

So many players are hitting 30 this week. One or two is normal but right now we have Sanders, Foster, Gronk, Roethlisberger, Brady, Miami D...
Trying to hold on right now til the end of Colts - Steelers since Bradshaw + Hilton are killing me :(

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So many players are hitting 30 this week. One or two is normal but right now we have Sanders, Foster, Gronk, Roethlisberger, Brady, Miami D...
Trying to hold on right now til the end of Colts - Steelers since Bradshaw + Hilton are killing me :(
Maclin too :D

Up by 50 in my PPR league and he has Garcon/Reed/Dez left. T_T

Up by 17 in my standard league and he has Garcon/Dez left.

RIP League C team. :<

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Down by 9 with Dan Bailey left to play because Maclin is le (BAN ME PLEASE). GO COWBOYS (and skins' red zone defense)

scored my highest total of the season in my money league, 170, only to lose to the ONE person this season that has scored more, 172. and to rub it in, he had murray and romo deliver him the win, while my cowboys lost. just all around fuckery.

on a brighter note, my week 9 opponent has his ENTIRE team on a bye. i've never seen anything like it. i opened up the gamecenter and just LOL'd...

his team:

QB: rodgers
RB1: steven jackson
RB2: bishop sankey
WR1: golden tate
WR2: jordy nelson
TE: martellus bennett
flex: sammy watkins
K: crosby
Def: falcons

looks like i'll be 6-3 after this week lmao

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Looks like he did that intentionally, so he didn't have to deal with BYEs any other week. Lucky you though!

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
well my long term plan of drafting rivers in the 13th round and trading him has finally paid off. When Cruz went down I was short on WR, just offloaded him for Kelvin.

It was a good night to play Brees, Graham, and Ingram! I'm usually wary of Thursday games screwing me over but I'm sitting with a solid 55 point lead against my brother.
Do any of you guys have leagues with friends and make interesting bets on matchups?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
For posterity I decided to review my trade history.

2007: Rudi Johnson (lol anyone remember this guy?) for roflsberger
2009: Steve Smith + Brian Westbrook for Andre Johnson + Johnny Knox
2010: Brandon Marshall + Knowshon Moreno for Chris Johnson (vetoed for some reason fuck meddling nigs)
2013: Matt Ryan + Matt Forte + Eddie Royal for A.J. Green + MJD + Roddy White; Jarret Boykin + Stevie Johnson for Andy Dalton; A.J. Green for Reggie Bush
2014: Keenan Allen for Cecil Shorts + Ben Tate; LeSean McCoy for Dez Bryant

I've got the biggest balls of them all.

For posterity I decided to review my trade history.

2007: Rudi Johnson (lol anyone remember this guy?) for roflsberger
2009: Steve Smith + Brian Westbrook for Andre Johnson + Johnny Knox
2010: Brandon Marshall + Knowshon Moreno for Chris Johnson (vetoed for some reason fuck meddling nigs)
2013: Matt Ryan + Matt Forte + Eddie Royal for A.J. Green + MJD + Roddy White; Jarret Boykin + Stevie Johnson for Andy Dalton; A.J. Green for Reggie Bush
2014: Keenan Allen for Cecil Shorts + Ben Tate; LeSean McCoy for Dez Bryant

I've got the biggest balls of them all.

you should not have traded shady... he's got a really soft schedule coming up, and his banged up o-line will be back to full health in a couple of weeks. granted, you didn't sell low on shady (dez is a beast) but you could've waited it out and either got way better trade value or simply held on to what will probably be a top 5 back in the 2nd half of the season.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
McCoy has underperformed for long enough, see also Keenan Allen, that I'm not fully convinced that it's merely bad luck anymore. Besides, I think the drop from McCoy to Tate (or Oliver/Mathews who I just picked up for his return/Hillman) is less than my gain going from the roulette wheel of Eric Decker / Mike Evans / Cecil Shorts to the consistent, elite Dez Bryant. Obviously, or I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on that trade.

In the end, I went from Allen + McCoy to Bryant + Tate so I'm not really too fussed either way. Last year's trades were pretty fucking man mode though (and if Jamaal Charles didn't happen in the playoffs...). Trading McCoy was a surprisingly tame move despite the big names involved. Aldaron wanted an RB1. I was suddenly pleased with my RB depth, after trading away Allen, and unhappy with my WRs whether it was Allen underperforming or spinning the wheel for my WR3. But yeah, I trade the big names. I'm a boss like that.

Current League A roster:

Romo/Tannehill
Ingram/Hillman/Tate/Mathews
Bryant/DJax/Jeffery/Decker/Evans/Shorts
Big Gronk
Strimmin K and DEF

Set to surge from my to-current underachieving 3-5 record to take over this league... It wouldn't hurt if opponents stopped averaging nearly 120 points per week against me either.

Last edited:
McCoy has underperformed for long enough, see also Keenan Allen, that I'm not fully convinced that it's merely bad luck anymore. Besides, I think the drop from McCoy to Tate (or Oliver/Mathews who I just picked up for his return/Hillman) is less than my gain going from the roulette wheel of Eric Decker / Mike Evans / Cecil Shorts to the consistent, elite Dez Bryant. Obviously, or I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on that trade.

In the end, I went from Allen + McCoy to Bryant + Tate so I'm not really too fussed either way. Last year's trades were pretty fucking man mode though (and if Jamaal Charles didn't happen in the playoffs...). Trading McCoy was a surprisingly tame move despite the big names involved. Aldaron wanted an RB1. I was suddenly pleased with my RB depth, after trading away Allen, and unhappy with my WRs whether it was Allen underperforming or spinning the wheel for my WR3. But yeah, I trade the big names. I'm a boss like that.

Current League A roster:

Romo/Tannehill
Ingram/Hillman/Tate/Mathews
Bryant/DJax/Jeffery/Decker/Evans/Shorts
Big Gronk
Strimmin K and DEF

Set to surge from my to-current underachieving 3-5 record to take over this league... It wouldn't hurt if opponents stopped averaging nearly 120 points per week against me either.
its not bad luck that shady has been underperforming. its injuries to his o-line. shady is still getting all the carries. his o-line will get better and shady will resemble 2013 mccoy in no time. but moving on, ben tate should not be trusted right now. any RB on the browns shouldn't be trusted. one reason: their pro bowl center alex mack is injured. no alex mack = no party. seriously, ben tate is gunna leave you dissapointed if you start him. HOWEVER, your team has a back who i think will be better than mccoy AND tate.. mark fuckin ingram. the dude's a monster. idc if pierre thomas and khiry are injured, when they come back he's still gunna be a beast.

cecil shorts is terrible. if you insist on rostering a jaguars receiver, you'd be better off with the allens: robinson, or hurns.

your team is solid moving forward tho

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Shorts will be gone next week anyway when I need to grab a stopgap for Gronk's bye. ;[

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)