The Most Facepalm Worthy Thing You Have Done in All of Pokémon

oh boy, im getting embarrassed by just thinking about this.

so i was playing through pokemon black and got to the final battle with N. he sent out his klinklang so i sent out my chandelure to ohko it with a nice fire blast. somehow the klinklang was faster and mopped the floor with me with night slash.

so, naturally, im confused, but i send in scrafty to try and tank a hit and strike back with high jump kick. the klinklang uses focus blast and now two of my pokes are down. im wondering how the hell this pile of rusty ass gears is faster than my higher leveled pokemon, and even more, how klinklang suddenly has such a diverse movepool.

then i realized.

it was his fucking zoroark.

i closed my ds and stared at nothing for a good five minutes

I also have a few embarrassing moments while playing Pokemon.

The one moment that stands out was when I was playing my cousin's Save file in Pokemon Blue. He had just beaten the game and caught the Lv 70 Mewtwo before he lent it to me (and he forgot to Save after catching Mewtwo) . Then, I took a walk into the Lavendar Tower and came face-to-face with a Ghost. (He had Deposited the Silph Scope in the PC previously). Not knowing what it is, I used Mewtwo to attack it but was surprised when it said: "Mewtwo is too scared to move". Thinking I have discovered the strongest Pokemon ever (since it scared the shit out of Mewtwo), I proceeded to chuck balls at it, including the Master Ball (which the Ghost dodged ). At that moment, my cousin came back and he was speechless.

After I got a Blue version for myself, I thought that the only way to advance the plot there was to buy a Poke Doll and chuck it at Ghost!Marowak (which was identified as Ghost since I didn't know about the Silph Scope).

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I may have miss-clicked Pain Split with a full health Forretress on a 1 HP sash Breloom at some-point in BW attempting to use it as Spikes fodder. Still in shock and aw about what had just happened, I brought in Terrakion to get owned by 2 Mach Punches for no particular reason whatsoever.

Encountering a shiny Lugia and managing to OHKO him. Oh, and forgetting to save first anyhow.
I did that with about every legend I encountered in White 2. (Except not shiny.) Also, I finally remembered to save in front of Virizion, but I KO'ed him. Afterward, I saved. *facepalm*

I did that with about every legend I encountered in White 2. (Except not shiny.) Also, I finally remembered to save in front of Virizion, but I KO'ed him. Afterward, I saved. *facepalm*
I was actually disappointed by how unnecessary saving before Yveltal felt. I caught the poor sod in a regular Pokeball on the first try. I remember tossing 80 Ultra balls at Mewtwo before having to restart another fourth time.

I was actually disappointed by how unnecessary saving before Yveltal felt. I caught the poor sod in a regular Pokeball on the first try. I remember tossing 80 Ultra balls at Mewtwo before having to restart another fourth time.
I tossed 56 Ultra Balls at Terrakion before finally giving in and using my Master Ball.
Also, I didn't realize that Ditto copied catch rate. When I tried to catch one, I led with Cobalion(I had finally caught it).

I was playing my friend's Pokemon White game, and was at the Battle Subway. I decided to be all try-hard and win 49 battles straight to fight the Subway Bosses. I explained this to my friend, but he didn't really care that much.

So, using his Excadrill, I battled through the first 10 matches or so, plugging away, as my friend sat absently watching me.
After the 15th game, he asked if he could play, so I handed the DS to him.

Not even one battle passes and he managed to get all our Pokemon killed. Immediately I ask him what the heck happened, and he explained that he "used Earthquake on Leavanny" to try and kill it. Earthquake on Leavanny.
Well, Excadrill bit the dust and the Leavanny Leaf Blades his way through the whole team.

After yelling at my friend to choose Rock Slide the next time, I asked to play another 49 matches. He took back his game and shut it off.

i was about 6 or so and i had my pokemon diamond ( now have diamond and soulsilver) i didnt know wat i was doing and i saw a driflom and it was friday so i went up to it and battled . i did the most stupidest thing evav, i usedMY ONLY MASTERBALL ON A STINKING DRIFTLOONi so stupid then. oh yeah back to drifloon, i saved afterwards thinking it only came like once in the entire game. i really regret doing that

Last edited:
i was about 6 or so and i had my pokemon diamond ( now have diamond and soulsilver) i didnt know wat i was doing and i saw a driflom and it was friday so i went up to it and battled . i did the most stupidest thing evav, i usedMY ONLY MASTERBALL ON A STINKING DRIFTLOONi so stupid then. but seriously i freaking breath pokemon now that my big bro taught me how to play. oh yeah back to drifloon, i saved afterwards thinking it only came like once in the entire game. i really regret doing that
Well, u caught the God... of PMD

I remember when I was younger, when my cousin and I played Pokemon together, he ended up using his Master Ball on an Abomosnow (Or whatever it is. I can't spell). When I met Dialga, I didn't bother using mine, and decided to use whatever I had once I weakened him. I think I caught it in a Poke Ball.

Even today, I still can't catch that damned Lv. 70 Ho-Oh atop the tower... it's still mocking me. No matter how hard I try, it knocks itself out with Struggle, or I do too much damage and knock it out. I must've tried at least 2000 times by now. (Bangs head on Wall)

oh boy, im getting embarrassed by just thinking about this.

so i was playing through pokemon black and got to the final battle with N. he sent out his klinklang so i sent out my chandelure to ohko it with a nice fire blast. somehow the klinklang was faster and mopped the floor with me with night slash.

so, naturally, im confused, but i send in scrafty to try and tank a hit and strike back with high jump kick. the klinklang uses focus blast and now two of my pokes are down. im wondering how the hell this pile of rusty ass gears is faster than my higher leveled pokemon, and even more, how klinklang suddenly has such a diverse movepool.

then i realized.

it was his fucking zoroark.

i closed my ds and stared at nothing for a good five minutes
Looks like he caught you off guard!
I'm sorry.

As for me, during a play through of Sapphire, I encountered a Shiny Zubat (talk about 1 in a million...). I caught him, right? Yes, I did catch the Zubat.

So, after having a little heart attack I decided to put the game down for a few minutes. I saved, turned it off, and left it as it was for about 5 minutes.

I come back, turn it on, and to my dismay the save file was corrupted.
After trying every trick in the book to recover the data, I finally gave up.

I eventually smashed the game at a later point in time, here's what remains:
image.jpg

I'm sorry.

As for me, during a play through of Sapphire, I encountered a Shiny Zubat (talk about 1 in a million...). I caught him, right? Yes, I did catch the Zubat.

So, after having a little heart attack I decided to put the game down for a few minutes. I saved, turned it off, and left it as it was for about 5 minutes.

lol

when you play red for the first time, your team is:
Charizard
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Mewtwo
Level 3 Rattata

Last edited:
I'm sorry.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! why you smash it. i want it.

This one was pretty recent, while I have had others this one by far is the most face palm worthy. I had beaten the champion in OR and the credits had rolled etc. There was an image at the end which I assumed would automatically restart to the intro of the game after a while. So I pressed A and looked into the screen blankly for about 8 minutes until I realized you were suppose to restart the game yourself to continue on with the story.

I was playing a LeafGreen Nuzlocke. I lost my precious Mankey that I caught at the beginning of the run. To a GEODUDE. With Sturdy. And freaking Magnitude, which just so happened (due to hax) that Magnitude hit at Magnitude 9.

I felt more like an idiot than a Doodlebop with a concussion.

I don't know if I can post Pokemon Showdown facepalm worthy stuff here, but let's do it anyway.​
One day, I was in a tournament in the (you guessed it) tournaments room. I was winning my first battle when a user in chat asks how to forfeit the tournament. I told him to use /forfeit. I did it as an example, not knowing I quit myself out of the tournament.
AND

In Pokemon Platinum (my first play-through), I must've gone and lost to the Elite Four 20+ times because I thought I could be "Swag" and solo it with my newly caught giratina. I was wrong.

In LeafGreen I used my master ball on a Muk.
I also actively try to forget I deleted 50 or so of my save files throughout the pokemon games I've played.

The first time I saw Patrat I thought it was wearing red tinted sunglasses
I didn't realize that those aren't Flygon's eyes, they are just natural goggles.
Also, in other "Oh, those are its eyes..." news:

When I first saw Armaldo it was in Platinum, so I had to go with the sprite:

I though those red spots on its head (its nose?) were the eyes. Took me years to realize that I was wrong.

Let's see... As far as I can remember, I haven't done anything really detrimental as a facepalm moment, but I have something that's close.
In 2008, I was only acquainted with Pokemon Ruby. Granted, I was 9 years old back then too, and didn't know much about Pokemon aside from what I could see in that game. A sixth grader on my buswould tell me about the best Dragon move: Draco Meteor. He told me that it could be found in Ruby, but it was very difficult to get. You had to go to the Seafloor Cavern and there, if you surfed across the lava, you would get the TM for it.
I checked and I wasn't able to get anywhere near the lava, let alone surf in it. Then he told me that there's a secret passage that leads there. And if you look, there's an egg of a Togepi. In other words... He was telling me that Groudon attacked because it was guarding a Togepi egg.
Groudon the overprotective mother, ladies and gents.
Needless to say, I believed him and searched that cave completely with my newfound knowledge of a secret that none of my friends seemed to know... Because a week later I learned that there was no Drcao Meteor in Gen 3. You can't get to the lava. And Groudon, believe it or not, wasn't guarding a Togepi egg.
Gullible me only lost a few max repels in the game, but I'm pretty sure I lost most of my dignity too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)