ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok, two things:

• HOLY COW THE AQUA/MAGMA LEADER THEME IS SOOOOO GOOD!!
  • HOLY COW THE GYM LEADER BATTLE THEME IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!

Two more things:

• May's battle animation is so amazing and crisp!
  • THE RIVAL BATTLE MUSICCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Wow that Team Leader theme is amazing! Also, the Elite Four get chairs to sit on, lol. How has it taken them so long, considering their job involves standing in one place for ever

The Nugget Man shows up 2 weeks after you got the Demo. Several other changes happen in Mossdeep City as well. Liza and Tate have different dialogue, the Poke Mart salesman's brother moved to Oldale Town, the Kecleon leaves so you can go into Steven's house and I think the guy in front of the Space Center is a different person. That's about it I think.

EDIT: After the 2 weeks, it showed up for me on the first go. I assume after that amount of time, you'll automatically get that mission once you've beaten the demo at least 10 times.

Last edited:
So should we expect another event/quest to open in the demo for next week? Which is in 3-2 days.

That would mean it's possible that every week we can get acces to something new which is better than only having the 10 quest rewards if it ended up being like that.

Last edited:
As someone from the UK who got the demo on day of release, I can tell you that I did not get the Nugget mission when I played today. Having to hunt for some dumb dog instead.

I get the feeling that there will be a point where we get the OTHER Mega Stone, so that is a possibility
I doubt it. Game Freak has too long a history of not being fair when it comes to Japan vs the world. I mean, we got X and Y the same day but we had to wait the usual amount of time between Japan getting Diancie and the rest of the world getting Diancie.
Not to mention them getting V-Create Rayquaza once. And also having a shiny Rayquaza event.

As someone from the UK who got the demo on day of release, I can tell you that I did not get the Nugget mission when I played today. Having to hunt for some dumb dog instead.

I doubt it. Game Freak has too long a history of not being fair when it comes to Japan vs the world. I mean, we got X and Y the same day but we had to wait the usual amount of time between Japan getting Diancie and the rest of the world getting Diancie.
Not to mention them getting V-Create Rayquaza once. And also having a shiny Rayquaza event.

Also unlike the kecleon & nugget I don't think that another event for grabbing the mega you dont have was found in the demo's code?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Also unlike the kecleon & nugget I don't think that another event for grabbing the mega you dont have was found in the demo's code?
Not unless any of the data miners didn't feel like sharing it.

Thought it'd be funny if it was just literally the very first mission again but with STeelix.
It's possible - the text doesn't actually mention a specific Pokemon at any point. But if I somehow got the first mission again I'd feel like it was Groundhog Day or something.

Ok, two things:

• HOLY COW THE AQUA/MAGMA LEADER THEME IS SOOOOO GOOD!!
  • HOLY COW THE GYM LEADER BATTLE THEME IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!

Two more things:

• May's battle animation is so amazing and crisp!
  • THE RIVAL BATTLE MUSICCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Tbh I'm still freaking out about the little snippet of the Route 110 theme that we got to hear. That route music is pretty much one of the best route themes in the series, imo.

But there's still hope for mega milotic! Not all of the game data is in the demo, so if gamefreak wanted to keep something secret, they easily could. They might also read about all this love for mega milotic, and add it in at the last minute! (wishful thinking).

But there's still hope for mega milotic! Not all of the game data is in the demo, so if gamefreak wanted to keep something secret, they easily could. They might also read about all this love for mega milotic, and add it in at the last minute! (wishful thinking).
This is my hope. I just wish I knew now because then I could RNG my Pokemon for Megas in advance.

There's really not, though

things that are removed seem fairly all or nothing. All Plot dialog was removed (though I bet all the demo dialog will still be in the code). Every trainer is there, but every battle facility trainer is wiped out. In-battle models are gone for everyone but they left the dex entry "sprites." Every pokemon has their battle data in the demo including: base stats (including all megas, pikachus, and hoopa's form (!!)), level up movepools, egg moves, and move tutors. All the art assets for battles are in.I think the music itself was removed, but all the music listings are.

To believe they left out megas implies they went in, specifically took them (and only them) out down to not having even a place holder item for important things. But then did not remove anything else important (like Hoopa)

It's like...I don't see anyone grasping at straws saying "maybe there will be leader rematches in the final game!" for the reason that they aren't in the listings (like megas people want) and you dont know they could be in there ITS JUST A DEMO

God I hope CoroCoro has something that just ends this. I dont even care if I'm wrong and there's a new mega in it at least it would end this stupid argument.

One quick question: From the data dump, is it confirmed that no more megas in the entire game, or just no more that could be found on the Demo files?
The only thing I would say is that we just know what has been revelead on trailers, etc until now with the exceptions of hoopa that could be a "red herring" (I think it was called like that right?) with the coincidence that is the same as the content datamined in the demo.

What I mean is we should just hold on what we know and don't give for sure anything else unt the game comes out we will know.

From my point of view though I would think there are more megas, since from a lot of diferent points showing all the content you have for a product is bad for marketing even more with Pokemon games, they should want to give some more surprises upon playing the game like we did in XY there were megas to discover, with ORAS the same thing.

If there are no more megas in ORAS I promise to change my avatar to one of this thread users election in a poll.

things that are removed seem fairly all or nothing. All Plot dialog was removed (though I bet all the demo dialog will still be in the code). Every trainer is there, but every battle facility trainer is wiped out. In-battle models are gone for everyone but they left the dex entry "sprites." Every pokemon has their battle data in the demo including: base stats (including all megas, pikachus, and hoopa's form (!!)), level up movepools, egg moves, and move tutors. All the art assets for battles are in.I think the music itself was removed, but all the music listings are.

To believe they left out megas implies they went in, specifically took them (and only them) out down to not having even a place holder item for important things. But then did not remove anything else important (like Hoopa)

It's like...I don't see anyone grasping at straws saying "maybe there will be leader rematches in the final game!" for the reason that they aren't in the listings (like megas people want) and you dont know they could be in there ITS JUST A DEMO
I didn't even consider that plot dialogue was removed. That's pretty important. As for the possibility of new megas, I don't know why it's still being hoped for -- we got a decent chunk of new megas. And yeah, we were pretty much universally expecting Mega Flygon, but I'm really happy with what we got (especially Glalie -- maybe the thing will actually be somewhat viable now).

The lack of leader rematches is definitely disappointing, though. I'd forgotten about that until you mentioned it again. Ah, well!

tbh at this point the main reason I'm hoping for more tutors and megas is so I can just laugh at everyone who said "well we got everything from the demo why don't we just put it on showdown OU already?!". It'd be like the biggest failure of Smogon and it would be so funny

realtalk tho baseless speculation ain't allowed; we've got a shitton of data from the demo why aren't we discussing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)