ASBuddies Tournament - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
15,262 Dicks vs Team Shockingly Normal

I realize we are the underdogs here. But I certainly won't lay down and die for the raid leaders over here, and I know Mulan won't either. Bring your A-game, gentlemen, or we'll be the upset of the round.

Eleetvator until we have a flash of insight for a better name vs The Crystal Warriors

Leethoof shines in doubles. And Emma isn't exactly a slouch either. Akela and WW are definitely solid, but they just got a bad R1 matchup.

#aopsgate vs Team Bacon

I never downvote Matezoide

Jigsaw vs GENGAR GANG

Gerard is among the best doubles players here, and I can't remember the last time I saw Zarator or Engi battle frequently.

Team Ban Hammer vs Cosmos

I expect IAR and Texas to be in pretty good sync here. Sorry Cosmos.

Team TBD vs Bureaucratic Nightmare

Because, I dunno. I could?

MowWing vs Pwnemon + Geodude6

Pwnemon. Nuff said.

ZtFE vs Polar Express

No offense to anyone else in the match, but Frosty is the difference maker here. Should still be close though.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
15,262 ricks vs Shockingly Normal
Dogfish is one of the best of the best, and Mulan is really effing stupid. If rickheg ghosts Mulan they might have a chance of winning, and he has a /very/ nice set of mons to work with, but Mulan bringing a mono-steel team is probably gonna bite her in the ass.

#aopsgate vs Team Bacon
Matezoide is a pretty good player, but so are AOPS and Tort. This one's gonna be close. By looking at the teams though, it seems Bacon has the advantage.

Eleetvator vs The Crystal Wariors
Leethoof is one of the best doubles players in ASB, and Emma is no slouch either. The DQ risk is real, but if no one johns Eleetvator is gonna probably be the winner.

Jigsaw vs GENGAR GANG
When was the last time Engi or zarator played doubles?

Team Banhammer vs Eternalis Drifteris
Not just one, but two of ASB's most dreaded. Canis and ED will be hard-pressed to win this one.

TBD vs Bureaucratic Nightmare
Gold made it to Water gym finals, so he can't be terrible, and Rain is the newest player here. Not that tough.

MowWing vs Pwnedude
Pwne is a really great player, and though I'm not quite on the level of Dogfish or IAR, I have to be pretty good if I hold a position as a gym leader. Both Mowtom and GWS are fairly new as well.

ZtFE vs Polar Express
Thus far I've been pretty unimpressed by ZT-Human's playing, and though Flame Emblem isn't new, he's been fairly lethargic in the way of training. Sorry Flame, I know we're bros, but I'm gonna have to vote against you.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Whoa whoa whoa what the balls I was told it was 1 Mega per partner, not per team.

Who's smoking what here and who was lying to zarator?

Who told you this? Neither Leethoof nor I have ever said that it was 1 mega per person, and have only said 1 per team. It says so in both the signup thread and this one, neither of which have been edited since Oct 29. I'm pretty sure that this was established before the tournament started, although I think there was a clarifying edit (I don't remember, but the latest it could have been is Oct 26 because that's when the signup thread was last edited).

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Who told you this? Neither Leethoof nor I have ever said that it was 1 mega per person, and have only said 1 per team. It says so in both the signup thread and this one, neither of which have been edited since Oct 29. I'm pretty sure that this was established before the tournament started, although I think there was a clarifying edit (I don't remember, but the latest it could have been is Oct 26 because that's when the signup thread was last edited).
99% sure it was Leethoof who said when i asked on irc when IAR and I were preparing our team

It's pretty obvious from our team set up we were under the impression that was the case

Huh. Although we had it to 1 mega per team before we posted the thread. (Leethoof's soon-to-be-OP in the convo had it, before we posted the thread) I'm guessing you guys were teambuilding like early-mid October then, before we were entirely sure about the rules. (Also, you'll be fine, you didn't bring anything that is only good mevolved >.>)

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
deadfox081 + Frosty = Team deadFrost

If you could change the name on the OP/Brackets that would be swell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)