The Legend of Korra (Spoilers ITT)

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I for one was not annoyed by Meelo. Except for the part where his head kinda looks messed up in some of the shots.

The kids subplot looked pretty realistic actually so I have no complaints, even if it does seem a bit out of place.

Man, I don't get how people keep saying Kuvira is a villain, I have yet to see her do anything even slightly questionable. ;)

But yeah, episode rocked, lots of tension, and now I can't wait for the big battle that will ensue.

I was almost scared that Bolin wasn't going to lava bend.
i know right? been waiting for that pretty much since the season started lol

also, i liked the way they portrayed kuviera as the villian this episode. i mean, we knew that way before, but now you can really feel the evilss >:]

breh

強いだね
anyways, I think Ju-li (idk how to spell lool) is actually faking her loyalty to Kuvira as a way to get Varrick out. I cannot imagine that the creators would suddenly make her abandon Varrick. I mean, they're like Esca and Desna. Un-fucking-seperable.
Calling it now: Zhu Li was totally bullshitting in order to betray kuvira later to save varrick; in the end, she and varrick get reunited and then become a couple in the final episode.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm guessing no couple, but ya I'd put money on Zhu Li being a master bullshitter

Also
Suyin is just demonstrating that classic Beifong stubbornness imo
Was this statement before or after the forced labor and reeducation camps part came up?

I'm guessing no couple, but ya I'd put money on Zhu Li being a master bullshitter

Also

Was this statement before or after the forced labor and reeducation camps part came up?
No, it was probably after the part about surrendering control of a city that for all intents and purposes has always been perfectly independent to an empire because...reasons?

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Also hey, taking predictions on next week's episode.

I'm honestly kind of expecting Suyin to die, or at the very least see something approaching Tenzin versus the Red Lotus, at which point the husband surrenders.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I think Suyin won't die as long as Toph can see everything from that swamp. Although Toph loves that place so much, she will probably leave it if there's a compelling reason to. I'm sure Suyin being threatened would be a compelling enough reason.

(and we don't even know if toph managed to find the swamp in the past 3 books so she couldn't intervene in all the avatar crises and stuff)

Zhu Li is obviously waiting for backstab Kuvira. There is a reason they showed Varrick saving Zhu Li - and Zhu is waiting for the perfect moment to repay him.

This book pretty much brings back the memories of Aang. Aang left his avatar duties and was tasked with dealing a 100 year's worth of built-up army. Korra faces a similar situation (although her absence is more of a requirement due to the condition she was left in, but still). Not to mention Korra's change in personality after all these years.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Calling it now: Zhu Li was totally bullshitting in order to betray kuvira later to save varrick; in the end, she and varrick get reunited and then become a couple in the final episode.
Tony Stark and Pepper Potts? Crazy engineer/inventor and dedicated assistant/receptionist? They even have the mech suits.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ITT people actually thought Kuvira wasn't evil and actually think Zhu Li wasn't lying.

As to predictions, I'm expecting Suyin to be captured and forced to turn over the city. Toph isn't going to play a notable role in the next episode as she's too far away. But I do think at some point down the line she'll rescue her daughter from whatever sort of imprisonment she gets.

I'm curious what happens to Bolin too. You can't exactly store him in a typical prison. Is he threatening enough to Kuvira that he gets a Ghazan style prison?

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
bolin can't bend metal as far as we've seen, a normal metal cell seems like it would contain him just fine

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
The same cage they put old Bumi in would probably stop him from bending anything at all since I doubt he has head/face bending mastered yet lol

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Zhu Li is totally lying, if she was supposed to be serious then that was some really shoddy voice work. She's voiced by Stephanie Sheh who is pretty prolific so I'm not really betting much on that one. On another note though, I'm glad she's becoming an actual character after basically just being an extra for two seasons. Can't wait to see what she does next.

Also hey, taking predictions on next week's episode.

I'm honestly kind of expecting Suyin to die, or at the very least see something approaching Tenzin versus the Red Lotus, at which point the husband surrenders.
Not sure if you mean Baatar or Baatar Jr. but if it's the latter, I'm thinking maybe he might start to have mixed feelings about going against his mother once things start getting really violent.

Also no comments on Hiroshi being back? (I kinda forgot about him until this episode, in all honesty) I know they didn't really do much so far, but I think it's hinting that later on in the story he's gonna be important. Maybe he'll be the one to figure out how to harness the spirit energy? I also kinda see a parallel in the story with him and Asami with what's going on between Bataar Jr. and Su (child vs parent) so maybe he'll help fix things there too.

Also predicting Zaheer to be important again later on. Maybe they'll finally redeem him! (no I'm never letting go of that prediction) The time skip is an easy way for the writers to change his perspective a bit, they can just say he did a lot of thinking and reflecting in prison.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Didn't work the first time.
Things are a lot different from the first time though. A lot of stuff happened in season 3. The first time he was locked up he tried to kidnap Korra as a child. In season 3 they actually met as adults and actually had a conversation about their ideologies, giving him some idea to think off of. This is all in addition to actually getting airbending and meeting and getting defeated by the new air nomads, and losing his lover and everyone on his side. There's enough there for the writers to believably change his mind, just what I think.

Thinking from a real-world perspective though, if he does come back (I certainly hope he does, I think they kept him alive for a reason) I don't think they'll make him a villain again, especially with the same motivations, since that's already been done and would probably distract the plot from Kuvira's plans.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
Zaheer kept his grudge up for over ten years, after he got his plan failed and the three friends he had left were killed, I'd bet money that he doesn't show up ever again, or that if he does, it won't be in context as a good guy. He's easily the strongest non avatar/dark avatar the series has seen at this point, he CAN'T show up without immediately becoming the focus of the season.

Not sure if you mean Baatar or Baatar Jr. but if it's the latter, I'm thinking maybe he might start to have mixed feelings about going against his mother once things start getting really violent.
Baatar, Kuvira beats Suyin to within an inch of her life (Tenzin vs the Red Lotus style), and forces Baatar to surrender or lose his wife. That or (unlikely) she outright kills her offscreen and he gives up out of shock.

Either way, idk when it'll be, but I'm pretty certain that Baatar Jr. is going to have second thoughts on Kuvira at some point in the story (Suyin being beat within an inch of her life would be a good time) and end up suffering Kuvira's wrath, kind of like when Azula broke down at the end of season 3 and lost all of her friends, except there will be less running from Kuvira.

Edit is it weird that I'm looking at Kuvira as a more unstable and more powerful Azula.

Last edited:

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This season is shaping up so nicely but Korra cmon

"I think Kuvira can be reasoned with! I will now go talk to her!"

"Boy, Kuvira, you're right! Talking to Su is the best course of action!"

Those lines hurt me

Calling it that Korra will be asked to avatar state the earth army but then can't do anything (kind of a throwback to aang's struggles maybe?)

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
Honestly, and IK this is a shot and the dark, but I'm calling that the season ends with Korra letting Kuvira kill her. The entire driving force behind Kuvira has been that she has been able to mask her psychopathic tendencies in order to portray herself as "the Great Uniter". I wouldn't be surprised if Korra, faced with the prospect that wrecking Kuvira's army in the Avatar State and then killing her would cause incalculable damage and loss of lives ("no Meelo I'm not going to fight, that's what the old me would do"), would let Kuvira kill her in a public fashion, instantly breaking her facade and causing her to lose her credibility as a force of peace immediately (kind of like how Amon was really done once people saw him waterbending).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)