Gen 6 Silly things on the Ubers ladder that just HAPPENED to screw you over

A baton pass blaziken with not a single attacking move. He switched it in as my groudon was asleep from Yawn after KOing a prankster Liepard.

Blaziken @ Leftovers
Speed Boost
Ev: probably speed/HP
- Double Team
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

I expected mega-blaziken, or anything other than a baton pass one. I've never encountered crazy evasion boosting, either .-.

Proceeded by a twave/yawn prankster Liepard. Baton passed to a physical Genesect once he had maximum evasion and speed with 3x attack.
Lesson learned; always carry a sashed roar/whirlwind phazer...

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-193325773
Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
? EVs ?
- Judgement
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- ?

On my fun laddering alt, I'm using my Ubers team of 6 OU's. It beats pretty much every major threat bar hp fire geoxern with careful play (and has priority/protect/status in emergency situations). Whilst it's clearly not a fantastic team, its own largest weakness is probably arceus-steel. A CM Recover set would probably 6-0 it. Or.. the one that you see detailed above. My team has 3 steel-weak pokemon in Solrock/Kyurem-B/Sylveon, and 1 resist in Mega-Scizor (with Superpower). Gliscor has Earthquake and Spiritomb is assault Vest. Kyurem-W helps with most CM Arceus forms (steel and fairy give it trouble, though, so I guess that's another weakness. Fairy's easier to handle with scizor but fire blast/wisp wins versus me too. However, solrock can guarantee a toxic on it unlike steelceus). Anyway yea that set was dumb as fuck and totally counterteamed me.

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
This doesn't quite fit the description, I did it by accident to DracoMaster Safes, and it screwed him over despite how easily it could have gone wrong for me had he used a more offensive team, but I had been playing around with a life orb xerneas before challenging him. I had thought I'd changed everything back to my standard GeoXern, but I had somehow forgotten to remove the life orb, and life orb +2 Xerneas hits like a truck.

Uhh......

Darkrai used Dark Pulse!
The foe's Aegislash lost 20% of its health!
The foe's Aegislash fainted!

Opponent sent in Deoxys-Speed!
Deoxys-S was stuck in Sticky Web!

----- next turn -----

Deoxys-S used Superpower!
It's super effective!
Darkrai lost 88% of its health!
Darkrai fainted!

I...don't...even... hey at least that's the only kill that particular deoxys got

Roar GeoXern. new meta.
Also, LO GeoXern. (got confused with 2 different games).

EDIT: This is one I used: Banded Waterfall Rayquaza / LO Surf Rayquaza (I have lost count of the times low ladder player swore when they lose their Primal-Groudon to this turn 1). Replaced Waterfall with EQ now.

Last edited:

Lugia @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: Probably 252 SpA / 252 Speed / 4 whatever
Nature: Most likely Modest
- Aeroblast
- Tailwind
- who knows
- who knows

Everything was going smoothly, my RP Primal Groudon was at +2 Speed, and was halfway through demolishing some random guy's bland team. After his Ho-oh fell to a swift Stone Edge, he brought in a Lugia. Since rocks had been defogged earlier, it had Multiscale intact. I figured he would phaze me out anyway, so I decided to hit with a Stone Edge and break its guard for others to capitalize on. At once, I was surprised when it dealt a good ~35% to it - normally, Lugia should only take ~25%. And then the shocker: It had a Weakness Policy equipped, and proceeded to set a Tailwind. It then swiftly KOed my Groudon (which was at ~80% health) with a +2 Aeroblast, and then the rest of my team with Aeroblast.

After running up a few calcs, I found that it must have run maximum speed and a SpA boosting nature (possibly Modest) for it to outspeed +2 128 Speed Groudon and for these to work out:
  • +2 .252+ SpA Lugia Aeroblast vs. 128 HP / 0 SpD Groudon-Primal: 306-360 (82 - 96.5%) - OHKOed at 80%
  • +2 .252+ SpA Lugia Aeroblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Salamence-Mega: 303-357 (91.5 - 107.8%) - OHKOed at 100%
  • +2 .252+ SpA Lugia Aeroblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 238-282 (53.6 - 63.5%) - 2HKOed (could not KO back with Dark-type Judgment, though it came very close)
It's probably safe to say:

"Iridiscent used Frustration! It's not very effective..."

I just found a Thunder PDon. Have I to add something else?

Don't use it for any reason please. You aren't cool if you catch my Kyogre with Thunder, especially if Precipice Blades does more damages.

Dragonbreath M-Sceptile. When i asked the guy "Why use Dragonbreath over Dragon Pulse?" he responded "because of the paralysis rate." As i laughed at this silly choice as i switched to my mega rayquaza (this was before the ban), he got a crit dragonbreath that parylized and he won ;-;

(Also, a Hurricane Volcanacra that wasnt in rain somehow outsped my shaymin-sky, as it was scarfed for some inexplicable reason and got a crit hurricane >.<)

You just cant make this stuff up

Well body slam mega sal + mega kang, para'd my whole team one game, got haxed pretty bad 3-4 turns. Also one game a sub klefki killed pdon with dazzling gleam subbing after every precipe miss my set (precipe dclaw double dance).

Well body slam mega sal + mega kang, para'd my whole team one game, got haxed pretty bad 3-4 turns. Also one game a sub klefki killed pdon with dazzling gleam subbing after every precipe miss my set (precipe dclaw double dance).
body slam mega mence isnt too bad, neither is mega khang with body slam. Mega Khangaskhan can really screw you up with body slam, as with Parental Bond its essentailly a slightly weaker Return with a 60% chance to parylize

body slam mega mence isnt too bad, neither is mega khang with body slam. Mega Khangaskhan can really screw you up with body slam, as with Parental Bond its essentailly a slightly weaker Return with a 60% chance to parylize
It's actually a 51% chance fyi.

Yup Body Slam is definitely a passable option, but for Salamence I would just use it on some defensive set (I mean Defog / Roost / Body Slam / Dragon Tail I guess), as the offensive ones, even bulkier variants with Substitute / Refresh still prefer Return or Double Edge to hit harder. However, Body Slam itself is a decent option for some mon (like Kanga), and it's annoying as hell like all the mons that carry Thunder Wave in Ubers after all. Return still remains the top option I guess, but Body Slam can definitely replace iy if you need to slow down your team for a certain mon, or just if you feel like it's your lucky day.

Last edited:
Lugia @ Weakness policy
Ability (Multiscale)
EVs Idk
Ability multiscale
- Calm mind
- Aeroblast
- Roost
- Not sure
Would be epic if it was Recover lol (I fought a Ho-oh who had both STABs+ Roost + Recover once although it didn't screw me over that time).
The last move would either be Ice Beam (another attacking move) / Substitute (prevents status) / Whirlwind (prevents phazing)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)