Bleach Discussion Thread

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i'm probably grasping at straws here, but i think that having all these sternritter lose their powers simulatenously is the perfect way to reintroduce ryūken (uryū's dad) to the story, thanks to his knowledge on how to restore quincy powers. i understand he had his moment in the limelight in the "everything but the rain" mini-arc, but i'd love to have him (and isshin) take part in the final battle. the possible father / son conflict between ryūken and uryū rather appealing, and this may give us some insight regarding why uryū joined the wandenreich in the first place.

all this is assuming that juha bach's auswählen doesn't kill the affected sternritter and that they will cooperate with ryūken in the first place. other than that, this chapter's title perfectly describes my thoughts regarding it.

Last edited:
i'm probably grasping at straws here, but i think that having all these sternritter lose their powers simulatenously is the perfect way to reintroduce ryūken (uryū's dad) to the story, thanks to his knowledge on how to restore quincy powers. i understand he had his moment in the limelight in the "everything but the rain" mini-arc, but i'd love to have them take part in the final battle, ryūken moreso than isshin. the possible father / son conflict sounds rather appealing, and this may give us some insight regarding why uryū joined the wandenreich in the first place.

all this is assuming that juha bach's auswāhlen doesn't kill the affected sternritter and that they will cooperate with ryūken in the first place. other than that, this chapter's title perfectly describes my thoughts regarding it.
The only problem with that is, like you said, once he reclaims his powers from them, it pretty much kills them I thought? Going back to the mini flashback about him, that seems to be the theme anyways.

As for Ryuken, restoring quincy powers is just shooting them at an exact spot around the heart. But that's more to me just unblocking the overload resulting from using the glove for the old fashion quincy form, what all these sternritter are running about with is just too different imo (like I keep thinking, to the point they're not even true quincy in a sense).

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Never in my life have I seen a more appropriate title to a manga chapter.

I'm not really sure where it can really go from here. Ichigo and the others getting involved? Man, Kubo better have something good planned for this, but I'm really feeling like he doesn't.

This might sound crazy, but what if Nianzol was also revived? I don't think Uryu and/or Haschwalth will interfere just yet and it'd allow a 5v5 between the Zero Squad army and the remaining Sternritters. Especially with teamwork actually being present within the members of the Zero Squad I could very much see that happen.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i was bored, so i re-read the "everything but the rain" mini-arc. one interesting find i found from re-reading this mini-arc was that yhwach's auswählen did not directly kill both masaki (ichigo's mother) and kanae katagiri (uryū's mother). in masaki's case, she died due to her inability to call upon her quincy abilities in her fight against grand fisher, and in katagiri's case, the auswählen combined with katagiri's fragility caused her to go into a coma, which ended up doing her in. again, we don't know much about auswählen's mechanics in the first place, but these pieces of evidence are evidence that auswählen might not kill directly, but when combined with other factors can lead to death. the only real counterpoint i can find to my thoughts regarding auswählen is robert accutrone's death, but again, a lack of knowledge of auswählen'b mechanics means that i can't draw conclusions just yet.

New chapter's out! Actually, looks like things are finally getting interesting - the Elite Guard seems more than up to the challenge, and Yhwach himself has entered the fight(and Shunsui finally makes his move)

Well considering injuries and healing powers, that shouldn't kill Ohetsu by any means, but still :(

Will be interesting to see what baldy can do, he is their leader after all.

Is everybody that didn't get to really fight just going to move up? I mean characters like Shinji who just ended up getting one shotted by Bambietta and then we don't know where the hell he went after he showed up to talk about how Kenpachi must be alive (in this case I don't really think he's going to do anything else for the remainder of the series) or Ukitake whom we've never seen ever? Still kind of annoyed that Sternritter W wasn't revived but hey with Juha Bach and Ichibe (idk how to spell it) fighting separately it's a 4v4 so that still makes it cool.

Gizelle seems to be the only one who still has powers, correct? I could very well so Gizelle do its Voltstandig and cause a shit ton of trouble. Plus we might figure out why being a potential dude actually matters, (as in something like that body Gizelle has is just a host) and it would still cause a lot of trouble.

Ukitake is dead. He died of boredom at the riverside because he have NEVER did anything interesting.
Which would be a shame since he was hinted at being just as powerful as Shunsui, except whatever disease he has limits his ability to fight. Then again, out of nowhere Yamamoto's former lieutenant mastered bankai before either if them despite the 3 being in the same class group, so w/e...like other potentially good characters, they seem to be getting chucked to the wayside. Not to mention the bankais yet to be revealed...

I read the chapter quickly not going to lie, but I reread it twice and I still don't understand what "Kamikake" is. Is it one of Ukitake's abilities? Does it have something to involve how the Seireitei got destroyed? I can't really tell. Has it been shown before.

Is Ichibee's power basically a better version of Wabisuke's ability? I don't think Bach is going to care though since he probably has some ability to nullify it or something... Or they could completely pull a 180 and Haschwalth interferes to "tip the scales" or something like that but I highly doubt it nor do I want it.

I hope the Vizards appearing is meaning that Shinji is going to freaking do something. I could see him use Sakanade to prevent Bach from getting to the palace when Ichibee goes down or something idfk I just want him to do something because I really like Shinji but god damn he has "explain your power" syndrome.

Interesting chapter, makes you wonder just how strong Yamamoto would've been at full strength. Like in Naruto, power levels seem to go way down from generation to generation...

Also nice to see some Vizored are still alive.

Did he actually just introduce a new character? I thought we were done with that with all the Sternritter revealed but obviously not -.-'

Kubo has mentioned in past interviews that his way of moving the plot along when he gets stuck is to introduce more characters, which inspires him. If this series' ginormous character roster means anything, hey, I buy it.

Total Professor Oak moment, but is this younger sibling a boy or a girl? I'm leaning towards girl but I have no clue.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
new shihoin sibling is a dude.

anyways, the beating ichibei's delivering to yhwach (he hasn't released his zanpakuto at all, assuming his calligraphy brush isn't his zanpakuto already) at the moment is a great showing of why he is deserving of the title "commander of the royal guard" and the hype that comes with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)