Megas For All V2 (Induction Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
What do you guys think of Tempest Tornadus-I? I believe the concept would be cool, but it would be underwhelming competitively.

Winners of the second-to-last slate are in! Good to see some newer contributors on the list of winners.

Kyurem: mertyville
Dragon/Ice -> Dragon/Ice Type
Pressure -> Snow Warning

HP 125
Atk 130-> 150 (+20)
Def 90-> 90
SpA 130-> 165(+35)
SpD 90-> 125 (+35)
Spe 95-> 105 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Another Wallbreaker (gotta love those), Mega Kyurem is designed taking Mega Charizard Y as a submission. The lack of good boosting elements, makes Mega Kyurem rely on its high offensive Stats and Hail damage to go through teams. Again, 100 % accurate STAB Blizzards are nothing to laugh at.
The reason why SpD is higher than the physical one, is simply that most high powered moves are going to hit from the physical side. So Kyurem can take advantage of its ressistance and fully tank special hits relativly well and still taken down by most of the mightiest Special Attackers of OU like Keldeo, Lati@s or Mega Charizard Y.

Competitive Concept: Mega Kyurem does have great mixed offense for a mixed wallbreaker set, but it is specificly designed to take advantage of its high base power STAB moves.

Kyurem-Black: Sabreholo
Mega Kyurem Black
Type: Dragon/Ice -> Dragon/Electric
Abilities: Teravolt -> Stall
New Moves:

HP: 125 -> 125
Atk: 170 -> 200 (+30)
Def: 100 -> 115 (+15)
SpA: 120 -> 155 (+35)
SpD: 90 -> 90 (+0)
Spe: 95 -> 115 (+20)
BST: 700 -> 800

With Stall making KyuB move last always, KyuB manages to stay balanced despite its 800 BST and finally having a secondary stab to use

Landorus-I: nightsitter
Type: Ground/Flying -> Ground/Grass
Ability: Sand Force/Sheer Force -> Germinate (Grass type -ate clone)
New Moves: None

HP: 89 -> 89
Atk: 125 -> 155 (+30)
Def: 90 -> 100 (+10)
SpA: 115 -> 125 (+10)
SpD: 80 -> 120 (+40)
Spe: 101 -> 111 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Landorus comes down from the sky to bless the land with bountiful crops, hence the type change from Flying to Grass. It gets Herbilate because it can make plants rise from nothing and to avoid giving it a bunch of new Grass moves.

Competitive Concept: Mixed sweeper with hella powerful STAB grass attacks. I made this as a sort of competitor for Mega Pinsir’s role: Lando has better speed, mixed attacking stats, and coverage, but Pinsir has priority and a much better STAB to work with. Mega Landorus-I retains its terrible 4x weakness to Ice and has an unfortunate lack of speed for a setup sweeper lacking priority.

Landorus-T: nightsitter
Type: Ground/Flying -> Ground/Flying
Ability: Intimidate -> Dry Skin

HP: 89 -> 89
Atk: 145 -> 165 (+20)
Def: 90 -> 120 (+30)
SpA: 105 -> 135 (+30)
SpD: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Spe: 91 -> 91

Flavor Concept: After a long, hot summer, Landorus’ skin becomes so dry that any water it touches is beneficial and any heat severely harms it.

Competitive Concept: Tank with incredible bulk that requires an extreme amount of effort to take down. No longer can it be beaten by Defiant users hoping to capitalize on a poorly-timed Intimidate; now it shakes the ground beneath Bisharp and shoves massive schlongs down Thundurus’ mouth. A decent ability lets it better check the likes of Azumarill and Rotom, but still fears Rotom’s WoW and any Ice type move. Chansey is a notable partner because Landorus can take Fighting type and Knock Off hits for Chansey, while the pink blob wishpasses to the well-rounded Mega lacking reliable recovery.

This opens the submissions for the final slate of Pokemon: Thundurus and Tornadus. This includes both Incarnate and Therian formes. Please submit your Incarante formes in one combined spoiler bar, for we will decide upon one set come voting time.

I hope this is fine. I put Incarnate formes and Therian formes each in one seperate spoiler.

Electric/Flying Type-> Electric/Flying Type
Pranster/Defiant -> Defiant Ability

HP 79
Atk 115-> 145 (+30)
Def 70-> 100 (+30)
SpA 125 -> 145 (+20)
SpD 80-> 100 (+20)
Spe 111-> 111

Flavor Concept: Thundurus is pretty much already a broken Pokemon with great typing, abilities, moves on the offensive and supportive side. Making a Mega of something like that is like how Game Freak gave Salamence or Garchomp a Mega. It either is broken or it sucks.
This thing can still work because both abilities of Thundurus are already great, so instead of deciding what to run, one can now run both in one thanks to the new Mega Evolution.
Abusing Pranster in the normal form and if Hazards need to kept on the field, it can turn Mega and gain a Defiant boost from Defog.

Competitive Concept: Nasty Plot, Thunder Wave, Agility or Taunt with a great Typing already took out the idea of abilities like Sheer Force, Aerialate, Prankster, Magic Guard or Teravolt so I decided to keep Defiant even if that seems rather boring for my taste.
Thunderus has a good physical movepool and can abuse pre-mega Pranster to cripple faster foes. The defensive stats are well made to abuse Bulk Up and increase its already high attacking stat.
Besides that it keeps the entry hazards on the opponents side unless they want to get swept by +2 Wild Charges from that thing.

Flying Type -> Ice/Flying Type
Prankster/Defiant -> Magic Guard Ability

HP 79
Atk 115-> 115
Def 70-> 100 (+30)
SpA 125-> 165 (+40)
SpD 80-> 110 (+30)
Spe 111-> 111

Flavor Concept: The Power of the Mega Stone enhanced the strength of the wind to the point the water in the air turned to ice. Sadly Tornadus is not able to control that power to the point it can be used fully for offensive purpose, so it creates 4 rhombus around him for his protection against Sand and Hail.

Competitive Concept: Tornadus can freely switch into Burn, Stealth Rock, Toxic etc.
The lack of second STAB (excluding Icy Wind and Hidden Power) or accurate special flying type moves are still a bummer for Tornadus making it rely on its weaker physical atk. But with Defiant, it can switch into opposing Defoggers before being Mega and take that boost as an advantage to break through teams.

Electric/Flying Type -> Dragon/Flying Type
Voltabsorb -> Dragon Thunder Ability (Turns Electric Type moves into Dragon Type moves)

HP 79
Atk 105-> 115 (+10)
Def 70-> 100 (+30)
SpA 145-> 175 (+30)
SpD 80-> 100 (+20)
Spe 101-> 111 (+10)

Flavor Concept: With the new Mega Stone, Thundurus truely turned into a beast with electric power that can even break throught the ground and destroy plants. A power that it can't even absorb it while being in his normal form.

Competitive Concept: I hate more Dragon/Flying Types as much as the next guy but you will see the reason why I think it works well on Thundurus-T.
With Electric Type moves being turned into Dragon Type moves, moves like Volt Switch, Thunder Wave and Discharge now work against Ground Types as well as bypassing Voltabsorb, Lighting Rod and Motor Drive abuser.
In addition, Thundurus still gets a STAB boost from those moves, so Volt Switch will still do a huge amount of damage like it would have been from a normal Thundurus.
Of course, this amazing ability comes with a cost: The lack of good coverage that other Dragons, including Kyurem, have and a secondary reliable STAB.
Because of that reason Thundurus-T will rely on Moves like Hidden Power Fire to make up for that.

Flying Type-> Flying Type
Regenerator -> Aerialate Ability

HP 79
Atk 100 -> 110 (+10)
Def 80-> 110 (+30)
SpA 110-> 170 (+60)
SpD 90 -> 100 (+10)
Spe 121-> 111 (-10)

Flavor Concept: Being the lord of wind and the only pure Flying Type, it makes sense to have an ability like that to turn normal type moves into more powerful Flying Type moves.
While choosing that ability, I made sure that there are no broken elements like Explosion as well as keeping its already decent atk in check.
It is really tough to make this thing not broken simply because that insane speed.

Competitive Concept: While looking like a defensive monster, the lack of recovery makes it easy to wear down. Tornadus-T is designed to be a Bulk Up attacker by abusing its great speed to punch holes into teams with its great physical coverage with Return, Knock Off, Brick Break. While the special attacking stat is high, it won't see much use because of the poor accuracy of moves like Hurricane.

Last edited:
I hope this is fine. I put Incarnate formes and Therian formes each in one seperate spoiler.

HP 79
Atk 115-> 145 (+30)
Def 70-> 100 (+30)
SpA 125 -> 145 (+20)
SpD 80-> 100 (+20)
Spe 111-> 111

Flavor Concept: Thundurus is pretty much already a broken Pokemon with great typing, abilities, moves on the offensive and supportive side. Making a Mega of something like that is like how Game Freak gave Salamence or Garchomp a Mega. It either is broken or it sucks.
This thing can still work because both abilities of Thundurus are already great, so instead of deciding what to run, one can now run both in one thanks to the new Mega Evolution.
Abusing Pranster in the normal form and if Hazards need to kept on the field, it can turn Mega and gain a Defiant boost from Defog.

Competitive Concept: Nasty Plot, Thunder Wave, Agility or Taunt with a great Typing already took out the idea of abilities like Sheer Force, Aerialate, Prankster, Magic Guard or Teravolt so I decided to keep Defiant even if that seems rather boring for my taste.
Thunderus has a good physical movepool and can abuse pre-mega Pranster to cripple faster foes. The defensive stats are well made to abuse Bulk Up and increase its already high attacking stat.
Besides that it keeps the entry hazards on the opponents side unless they want to get swept by +2 Wild Charges from that thing.

HP 79
Atk 115-> 115
Def 70-> 100 (+30)
SpA 125-> 165 (+40)
SpD 80-> 110 (+30)
Spe 111-> 111

Flavor Concept: The Power of the Mega Stone enhanced the strength of the wind to the point the water in the air turned to ice. Sadly Tornadus is not able to control that power to the point it can be used fully for offensive purpose, so it creates 4 rhombus around him for his protection against Sand and Hail.

Competitive Concept: Tornadus can freely switch into Burn, Stealth Rock, Toxic etc.
The lack of second STAB (excluding Icy Wind and Hidden Power) or accurate special flying type moves are still a bummer for Tornadus making it rely on its weaker physical atk. But with Defiant, it can switch into opposing Defoggers before being Mega and take that boost as an advantage to break through teams.

Electric/Flying Type -> Dragon/Flying Type
Voltabsorb -> Dragon Thunder Ability (Turns Electric Type moves into Dragon Type moves)

HP 79
Atk 105-> 115 (+10)
Def 70-> 100 (+30)
SpA 145-> 175 (+30)
SpD 80-> 100 (+20)
Spe 101-> 111 (+10)

Flavor Concept: With the new Mega Stone, Thundurus truely turned into a beast with electric power that can even break throught the ground and destroy plants. A power that it can't even absorb it while being in his normal form.

Competitive Concept: I hate more Dragon/Flying Types as much as the next guy but you will see the reason why I think it works well on Thundurus-T.
With Electric Type moves being turned into Dragon Type moves, moves like Volt Switch, Thunder Wave and Discharge now work against Ground Types as well as bypassing Voltabsorb, Lighting Rod and Motor Drive abuser.
In addition, Thundurus still gets a STAB boost from those moves, so Volt Switch will still do a huge amount of damage like it would have been from a normal Thundurus.
Of course, this amazing ability comes with a cost: The lack of good coverage that other Dragons, including Kyurem, have and a secondary reliable STAB.
Because of that reason Thundurus-T will rely on Moves like Hidden Power Fire to make up for that.

HP 79
Atk 100 -> 110 (+10)
Def 80-> 110 (+30)
SpA 110-> 170 (+60)
SpD 90 -> 100 (+10)
Spe 121-> 111 (-10)

Flavor Concept: Being the lord of wind and the only pure Flying Type, it makes sense to have an ability like that to turn normal type moves into more powerful Flying Type moves.
While choosing that ability, I made sure that there are no broken elements like Explosion as well as keeping its already decent atk in check.
It is really tough to make this thing not broken simply because that insane speed.

Competitive Concept: While looking like a defensive monster, the lack of recovery makes it easy to wear down. Tornadus-T is designed to be a Bulk Up attacker by abusing its great speed to punch holes into teams with its great physical coverage with Return, Knock Off, Brick Break. While the special attacking stat is high, it won't see much use because of the poor accuracy of moves like Hurricane.
Your Thundurus-T submission is illegal as only Normal/Flying types may have their primary type changed, thus you cannot change the electric typing

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
nightsitter , I'm basing my Incarnate submissions off of your winning one, since they're a trio. If you want me to, I can take these out and make new ones.
Type: Electric/Flying -> Electric/Fire
Ability: Prankster/Defiant -> Ignate (see spreadsheet)

HP: 79 -> 79
Atk: 115 -> 125 (+10)
Def: 70 -> 110 (+40)
SpA: 125 -> 155 (+30)
SpD: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Spe: 111 -> 121 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Thundurus's type change from Flying to Fire is due to its Pokedex entry. Thundurus is said to fly around shooting lightning all over the place, and thus causing forest fires.

Competitive Concept: A mixed sweeper with two great STABs offensively. Unfortunately, it loses the Ground immunity and gains a 4x Ground weakness. With this, you can play situational mind games with Thundurus, predicting a Ground type move, etc. It can be walled by bulky Ground types, but it has access to Grass Knot.

Type: Flying -> Flying/Water
Ability: Prankster/Defiant -> Hydrate (Water type -ate clone)

Flavor Concept: Tornadus's type addition is due to its Pokedex entry. Tornadus is said to expel massive energy from its tail, causing severe storms.

Competitive Concept: Yet another mixed sweeper to finish off this trio. Tornadus now competes with Gyarados, but has much better stats overall (even physically) and a better movepool.

Type: Electric/Flying -> Electric/Flying
Ability: Volt Absorb -> Charged (When user enters the battle or gains this ability, user gains the Charge effect with no Special Defense boost.)
New Moves: None.

Atk: 105 -> 135 (+30)
Def: 70 -> 100 (+30)
SpA: 145 -> 165 (+20)
Spe: 101 -> 101

Flavor Concept: Thundurus's electric powers becomes more concentrated and can be fired off with much stronger power.

Competitive Concept: Thundurus-Therian becomes a very offensive powerhouse. With STAB 180 BP Wild Charge/Thunderbolt in the first turn, any non-Ground type on its way will be blown into smithereens. This is not as overpowered as you'd think, though. The weakness to Stealth Rock doesn't allow it to switch in and out to get new Charge boosts, and the Electric type attack on the first turn is incredibly predictable (otherwise the boost is lost).

Type: Flying -> Flying
Ability: Regenerator -> Wind Release (When user enters the battle or gains this ability, user uses the move Defog without taking up a turn or using PP.)
New Moves: Recover.

Atk: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Def: 80 -> 110 (+30)
SpA: 110 -> 130 (+20)
SpD: 90 -> 120 (+30)
Spe: 121 -> 121

Flavor Concept: Tornadus's ability is based on its Pokedex entry that says "In every direction it flies, creating winds so powerful, they blow everything away." It blows everything away... like rocks, webs and fog. I wanted to give it Roost (which makes sense flavour-wise), but since it is a pure Flying type, it would lose its only type and become Normal type for 1 turn, which is not my intention.

Competitive Concept: Automatic Defog is a very good support gimmick that can even be used to play mind games. 79/120/130 defenses and access to recovery moves are not bad. While its pure Flying type keeps it from being a straight up overpowered defogger, it can still serve as a great support partner. Keep in mind, Tornadus also has Tailwind.
Offensively, it is not bad, but there are better options than it, like its Incarnate form.

Typing: Electric/Flying (same)
Abilities: Pranster (Defiant) -> Generate (Electric type -ate clone; I totally didn't steal the Metagamiate name for it)
New moves: Tri Attack

HP 79 -> 79
Atk 115 -> 125 (+10)
Def 70 -> 110 (+40)
SpA 125 -> 155 (+30)
SpD 80 -> 90 (+10)
Spe 111 ->121 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Based off of the winner's landorus. The stats are switched around, so that it is a special attacker with good physical defense. Um, it is an electric type, it controls storms and stuff, it is the bulk strike pokemon, etc. In other words, there are many reasons it could have Generate. Tri attack: A) It needed a good normal type move B) It is part of a trio of pokemon C) Maybe the ball things on its tail can fire bolts? D) It might be able to fire a bolt out of its mouth and one out of each hand.

Competitive Concept: It is a powerful -ate user, much like a bulkier Pinsir-Mega. A lot bulkier. Without priority. But anyways, it has a good movepool, a good typing, a good ability, and nice stats. I don't think it is ubers-worthy, but there are only a few flaws to it, and with the proper support it can sweep teams.

Typing: Flying -> Flying/Fire
Abilities: Prankster (Defiant) -> Ignate (read Op)
New moves: Tri attack, Dazzling Gleam

Hp 79 -> 79
Atk 115 -> 125 (+10)
Def 70 -> 80 (+10)
SpA 125 -> 155 (+30)
SpD 80 -> 90 (+10)
Spe 111 ->151 (+40)

Flavor Concept: Based off the winner's landorus. The stats are switched around in a way that makes it a fast nuke. When molecules are heated, they go faster, as well as if something is going at a very high speed (a meteor for example), it can catch on fire. And this ruler of winds probably should be pretty fast, but as it speeds up, it catches fire.

Competitive Concept: It is a powerful nuke because of its ability. It can hit things extremely hard with its dual stabs, and it can run mixed coverage for dealing with chanseys. It no longer is a good rain abuser though. With proper stealth rock removal sequences, it can sweep unexpecting teams.

Type: Electric/Flying (same)
Ability: Volt Absorb -> Dry Lightning (Electric type attacks have their secondary effects (Only ones that would be affected by sheer force) replaced by a 30% chance to burn)
New Moves: Tri Attack

HP 79 -> 79
Atk 105 -> 135 (+30)
Def 70 -> 70
SpA 145 -> 165 (+20)
SpD 80 -> 110 (+30)
Spe 101 -> 121 (+20)

Flavor Concept:
As it flies around, it shoots lightning all over the place and causes forest fires. It is therefore disliked.
Tri attack for Thundy-I's mega.

Competitive Concept: It is a hard hitting somewhat defensive monster. It destroys physical attackers while all of its electric attacks act like scald. It has some ok coverage with psychic and the like, and it has a good typing. It is a good addition to your team, especially if you have rapid spin/defog support and something to tank some hits for thundy.

Type: Flying -> Flying/Fairy
Ability: Regenerator -> Immobilizing Gusts (Flying type moves have their secondary effects (the ones affected by sheer force) replaced by a 30% chance to paralyze opponents)
New Moves: Tri Attack, Dazzling Gleam

Atk: 100 -> 100
SpA: 110 -> 140 (+30)
SpD: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Spe: 121 -> 141 (+20)

Flavor Concept: It is a genie-ish thing that can change forms. It is a prankster. It can heal itself via some unknown magic. It kinda screams either fairy or psychic type to me. Besides, who doesn't love a good fairy (other than dragons, ofc.) Dazzling gleam for a stab, tri attack because it got it for mega tornadus-I.

Competitive Concept: It has fairly good offensive stats and and ok defensive stats, as well as a cool unique ability and an ok typing. This thing can destroy opponents due to paralyzing them with hurricanes. It remains a good rain abuser. Dazzling gleam is used as a stab and for fairly good coverage.

Last edited:
Thundurus-I
Ability: Prankster/Defiant -> Drizzle

Atk: 115 -> 145 (+30)
Def: 70 -> 90 (+20)
SpA: 125 -> 145 (+20)
Spe: 111 -> 101 (-10)

Flavor Concept: Thundurus is known to cause rainstorms, so its Mega Form is given Drizzle.

Competitive Concept: Pivot and wallbreaker with awkward stat distribution a fantastic ability to keep it viable. Mega Thundurus-I sets rain better than Politoed ever did, as it has a powerful STAB Thunder to abuse it and two viable momentum moves. However, an almost-there speed tier, physical frailty, and lack of recovery will keep it balanced.

Tornadus-I
Ability: Prankster/Defiant -> Storm Force
New Moves: Dragon Pulse

Def: 70 -> 80 (+10)
SpD: 80 -> 110 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Tornadus causes storms; it only makes sense to give it Storm Force. Dragon Pulse is added to take direct advantage of that, kinda like how Blastoise got a bunch of Mega Launcher-compatible moves this gen.

Competitive Concept: Rain sweeper with the ability to stallbreak in the process. Hurricane gains immense power in the rain, as does Dragon Pulse but to a lesser extent. Knock Off completes decent three-move coverage, and the last moveslot can be taken up by Taunt, Rain Dance, Sludge Bomb, etc.
Ability: Volt Absorb -> Volt Absorb

Atk: 105 -> 115 (+10)
SpA: 145 -> 155 (+10)
SpD: 80 -> 115 (+35)
Spe: 101 -> 116 (+15)

Flavor Concept: Thundurus-Therian becomes much bulkier upon Mega Evolution, as thunder clouds surround and protect it.

Competitive Concept: Tanky momentum-stopper capable of dealing massive damage and potentially even sweeping with its base 115/155/116 attack stats. Vastly improved defenses permit Mega Thun-T to actually make use of its wonderful ability; however, lack of reliable recovery and necessity to invest in three stats let it down.
Type: Flying -> Flying/Steel
Ability: Regenerator -> Regenerator

Atk: 100 -> 130 (+30)
Def: 80 -> 100 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Tornadus gets much fatter and bulkier, gaining the Steel type to protect itself.

Competitive Concept: Not much different from its normal pivot set, except that now it can simultaneously have bulk and support moves. Toxic/Taunt/U-Turn/Knock Off is probably its best set, for each move provides massive utility. Other attack moves are certainly viable depending on your team’s structure, however. Regenerator and decent 79/100/120 bulk will keep it alive throughout the game.

Current Slate

HP 79
Atk 115-> 145 (+30)
Def 70-> 100 (+30)
SpA 125 -> 145 (+20)
SpD 80-> 100 (+20)
Spe 111-> 111

HP 79
Atk 115-> 115
Def 70-> 100 (+30)
SpA 125-> 165 (+40)
SpD 80-> 110 (+30)
Spe 111-> 111

Flavor Concept: Thundurus's type change from Flying to Fire is due to its Pokedex entry. Thundurus is said to fly around shooting lightning all over the place, and thus causing forest fires.

Competitive Concept: A mixed sweeper with two great STABs offensively. Unfortunately, it loses the Ground immunity and gains a 4x Ground weakness. With this, you can play situational mind games with Thundurus, predicting a Ground type move, etc. It can be walled by bulky Ground types, but it has access to Grass Knot.

Flavor Concept: Tornadus's type addition is due to its Pokedex entry. Tornadus is said to expel massive energy from its tail, causing severe storms.

Competitive Concept: Yet another mixed sweeper to finish off this trio. Tornadus now competes with Gyarados, but has much better stats overall (even physically) and a better movepool.

Typing: Electric/Flying (same)
Abilities: Pranster (Defiant) -> Generate (Electric type -ate clone; I totally didn't steal the Metagamiate name for it)
New moves: Tri Attack

HP 79 -> 79
Atk 115 -> 125 (+10)
Def 70 -> 110 (+40)
SpA 125 -> 155 (+30)
SpD 80 -> 90 (+10)
Spe 111 ->121 (+10)

Flavor Concept: Based off of the winner's landorus. The stats are switched around, so that it is a special attacker with good physical defense. Um, it is an electric type, it controls storms and stuff, it is the bulk strike pokemon, etc. In other words, there are many reasons it could have Generate. Tri attack: A) It needed a good normal type move B) It is part of a trio of pokemon C) Maybe the ball things on its tail can fire bolts? D) It might be able to fire a bolt out of its mouth and one out of each hand.

Competitive Concept: It is a powerful -ate user, much like a bulkier Pinsir-Mega. A lot bulkier. Without priority. But anyways, it has a good movepool, a good typing, a good ability, and nice stats. I don't think it is ubers-worthy, but there are only a few flaws to it, and with the proper support it can sweep teams.

Typing: Flying -> Flying/Fire
Abilities: Prankster (Defiant) -> Ignate (read Op)
New moves: Tri attack, Dazzling Gleam

Hp 79 -> 79
Atk 115 -> 125 (+10)
Def 70 -> 80 (+10)
SpA 125 -> 155 (+30)
SpD 80 -> 90 (+10)
Spe 111 ->151 (+40)

Flavor Concept: Based off the winner's landorus. The stats are switched around in a way that makes it a fast nuke. When molecules are heated, they go faster, as well as if something is going at a very high speed (a meteor for example), it can catch on fire. And this ruler of winds probably should be pretty fast, but as it speeds up, it catches fire.

Competitive Concept: It is a powerful nuke because of its ability. It can hit things extremely hard with its dual stabs, and it can run mixed coverage for dealing with chanseys. It no longer is a good rain abuser though. With proper stealth rock removal sequences, it can sweep unexpecting teams.

Thundurus-I
Ability: Prankster/Defiant -> Drizzle

Def: 70 -> 90 (+20)
Spe: 111 -> 101 (-10)

Flavor Concept: Thundurus is known to cause rainstorms, so its Mega Form is given Drizzle.

Competitive Concept: Pivot and wallbreaker with awkward stat distribution a fantastic ability to keep it viable. Mega Thundurus-I sets rain better than Politoed ever did, as it has a powerful STAB Thunder to abuse it and two viable momentum moves. However, an almost-there speed tier, physical frailty, and lack of recovery will keep it balanced.

Tornadus-I
Ability: Prankster/Defiant -> Storm Force
New Moves: Dragon Pulse

Def: 70 -> 80 (+10)
SpD: 80 -> 110 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Tornadus causes storms; it only makes sense to give it Storm Force. Dragon Pulse is added to take direct advantage of that, kinda like how Blastoise got a bunch of Mega Launcher-compatible moves this gen.

Competitive Concept: Rain sweeper with the ability to stallbreak in the process. Hurricane gains immense power in the rain, as does Dragon Pulse but to a lesser extent. Knock Off completes decent three-move coverage, and the last moveslot can be taken up by Taunt, Rain Dance, Sludge Bomb, etc.

Ability: Volt Absorb -> Charged (When user enters the battle or gains this ability, user gains the Charge effect with no Special Defense boost.)
New Moves: None.

Atk: 105 -> 135 (+30)
SpA: 145 -> 165 (+20)
Spe: 101 -> 101

Flavor Concept: Thundurus's electric powers becomes more concentrated and can be fired off with much stronger power.

Competitive Concept: Thundurus-Therian becomes a very offensive powerhouse. With STAB 180 BP Wild Charge/Thunderbolt in the first turn, any non-Ground type on its way will be blown into smithereens. This is not as overpowered as you'd think, though. The weakness to Stealth Rock doesn't allow it to switch in and out to get new Charge boosts, and the Electric type attack on the first turn is incredibly predictable (otherwise the boost is lost).

Type: Electric/Flying (same)
Ability: Volt Absorb -> Dry Lightning (Electric type attacks have their secondary effects (Only ones that would be affected by sheer force) replaced by a 30% chance to burn)
New Moves: Tri Attack

HP 79 -> 79
Atk 105 -> 135 (+30)
Def 70 -> 70
SpA 145 -> 165 (+20)
SpD 80 -> 110 (+30)
Spe 101 -> 121 (+20)

Flavor Concept:
As it flies around, it shoots lightning all over the place and causes forest fires. It is therefore disliked.
Tri attack for Thundy-I's mega.

Competitive Concept: It is a hard hitting somewhat defensive monster. It destroys physical attackers while all of its electric attacks act like scald. It has some ok coverage with psychic and the like, and it has a good typing. It is a good addition to your team, especially if you have rapid spin/defog support and something to tank some hits for thundy.

Flavor Concept: Thundurus-Therian becomes much bulkier upon Mega Evolution, as thunder clouds surround and protect it.

Competitive Concept: Tanky momentum-stopper capable of dealing massive damage and potentially even sweeping with its base 115/155/116 attack stats. Vastly improved defenses permit Mega Thun-T to actually make use of its wonderful ability; however, lack of reliable recovery and necessity to invest in three stats let it down.

HP 79
Atk 100 -> 110 (+10)
Def 80-> 110 (+30)
SpA 110-> 170 (+60)
SpD 90 -> 100 (+10)
Spe 121-> 111 (-10)

Ability: Regenerator -> Wind Release (When user enters the battle or gains this ability, user uses the move Defog without taking up a turn or using PP.)
New Moves: Recover.

Atk: 100 -> 120 (+20)

Flavor Concept: Tornadus's ability is based on its Pokedex entry that says "In every direction it flies, creating winds so powerful, they blow everything away." It blows everything away... like rocks, webs and fog. I wanted to give it Roost (which makes sense flavour-wise), but since it is a pure Flying type, it would lose its only type and become Normal type for 1 turn, which is not my intention.

Competitive Concept: Automatic Defog is a very good support gimmick that can even be used to play mind games. 79/120/130 defenses and access to recovery moves are not bad. While its pure Flying type keeps it from being a straight up overpowered defogger, it can still serve as a great support partner. Keep in mind, Tornadus also has Tailwind.
Offensively, it is not bad, but there are better options than it, like its Incarnate form.

Type: Flying -> Flying/Fairy
Ability: Regenerator -> Immobilizing Gusts (Flying type moves have their secondary effects (the ones affected by sheer force) replaced by a 30% chance to paralyze opponents)
New Moves: Tri Attack, Dazzling Gleam

Atk: 100 -> 100
SpA: 110 -> 140 (+30)
SpD: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Spe: 121 -> 141 (+20)

Flavor Concept: It is a genie-ish thing that can change forms. It is a prankster. It can heal itself via some unknown magic. It kinda screams either fairy or psychic type to me. Besides, who doesn't love a good fairy (other than dragons, ofc.) Dazzling gleam for a stab, tri attack because it got it for mega tornadus-I.

Competitive Concept: It has fairly good offensive stats and and ok defensive stats, as well as a cool unique ability and an ok typing. This thing can destroy opponents due to paralyzing them with hurricanes. It remains a good rain abuser. Dazzling gleam is used as a stab and for fairly good coverage.

Flavor Concept: Tornadus gets much fatter and bulkier, gaining the Steel type to protect itself.

Competitive Concept: Not much different from its normal pivot set, except that now it can simultaneously have bulk and support moves. Toxic/Taunt/U-Turn/Knock Off is probably its best set, for each move provides massive utility. Other attack moves are certainly viable depending on your team’s structure, however. Regenerator and decent 79/100/120 bulk will keep it alive throughout the game.

PM your votes to nightsitter, and thus ends this phase of the Megas for All project.

And don't forget to vote for your top three! After this, we will review previously-created Megas that have received questioning for various reasons. There will, however, be no discussion phase at this moment. I shall return in approx 24 hours with the winners of the final slate.

Winners of the final slate. I can't tell if I'm happy or sad.

Thundurus-I: the someone

Thundurus-T: nightsitter

Tornadus-I: the someone

Tornadus-T: nightsitter

Thanks to everyone for your contributions to this project, but we're not done yet. I will follow this up with a list of created Megas that could possibly create problems in the current meta (whether too powerful, too unviable, too uncompetitive, too complex or just downright unflavorful).

Winners of the final slate. I can't tell if I'm happy or sad.

Thundurus-I: the someone

Thundurus-T: nightsitter

Tornadus-I: the someone

Tornadus-T: nightsitter

Thanks to everyone for your contributions to this project, but we're not done yet. I will follow this up with a list of created Megas that could possibly create problems in the current meta (whether too powerful, too unviable, too uncompetitive, too complex or just downright unflavorful).
RIP in peace, M4A Slates.
;_;7

First, we will go over abilities. I don't necessarily agree with all the criticisms I'm about to pose, but I think it's important that we all consider them.

Raider and Tempest- As soon as I saw that these won, I was entirely opposed to them. These involve unexplored mechanics of switch-in attacks, not just status drops like Intimidate. I'm not suggesting that these will be overwhelming, underwhelming, or uncompetitive, but I sincerely believe that this type of ability should not be allowed.

Soulless- I was pretty happy with this ability upon creation, but it sparked some discussion after winning. This could very well be an uncompetitive ability, so I'm broaching the topic to encourage more discussion about it.

Trickster- Is this really enough to make Whimsicott viable?

Feel free to discuss these abilities or any that you feel should be included in this list.

Last edited:
This is from my kindle. Expect autocorrect.
I don't think whimsy is viable. -2 252 atk mega beedrill gunk shot does up to 170% on 252hp/252+def whimsicott. Whimsy is outsped by beedrill anyways.
I would write more but I can't even right now.

Clear Ice vs Ice Age-Edit: Also supporting nightsitter's angle on this, since the two abilities are very similar and thus should be condensed one way or another

Compost, Dirtpile, and Scrap Heap- I would agree that The Wormadams are still unviable with these abilities given the power surrounding the newer megas, no one making a serious team would use these; however they would require pretty powerful abilities to make viable. Edit: I also back nightsitter's suggestion to remake their megas
Hibernate vs Sweet Dreams- Condensing to sweet dreams would be easiest.. but I'm not sure if it would be strong enough to warrant the mega slot. At the same time however, an effective x4 resistance to everything but fighting while asleep is a bit too powerful for my liking

Raider and Tempest- I also agree with this assessment as not only is the idea of attacking moves on the switch I think is too much, it's also likely difficult to code (as I would also like this to be playable one day, even if my competitive pokémon abilities are extremely mediocre)

Scavenger- As much as the flavour of this ability is cool and fitting, I doubt even with the 100% to 200% that mega mandibuzz would see much use. I feel like another ability entirely might be more useful, especially since now the mega could be used more along the lines of its base form since it's no longer OU I don't think since Aegislash has long since past.

Soulless- I don't really know how to feel about this as it is for certain a guaranteed KO on at least one pokémon, but most pokemon could be played as thus.

Trickster- Don't think this will make whimsicott viable as stat debuffs aren't normally very viable anyways, thus it's not very helpful as Whimsicott can't really take advantage of these switches it causes

Last edited:
Clear Ice vs Ice Age- These abilities have such similar effects for the combined three Pokémon with access to them that perhaps they should all just get one. I would suggest Clear Ice, for it's not as complex and it makes more sense. On that note, Aurorus will be reviewed later for the possibility that it's unviable.
Ice Age is already coded, and the effects are different enough to warrant different abilities. (Ice Age gives a lot more damage reduction for ice types.)

Hibernate vs Sweet Dreams-
Honestly I think it'd be better if we just gave Ursaring Sweet Dreams instead and call it done.
Why? If simply for simplicity (heh), then no.

(as well as all moves affecting weight)- What will the weights of the new Mega Evolutions be? Only two of them were given new weights.
Megas retain the same weight unless stated otherwise.

Mega Transform-
Will this actually be viable?
You better bet it'll be! And even if it isn't, it's a fun as hell concept.

Pollinate-
Is there any reason we can't just give Vileplume Prankster?
Ability is already coded, we gain nothing from removing it.

Raider and Tempest-
As soon as I saw that these won, I was entirely opposed to them. These involve unexplored mechanics of switch-in attacks, not just status drops like Intimidate. I'm not suggesting that these will be overwhelming, underwhelming, or uncompetitive, but I sincerely believe that this type of ability should not be allowed.
So? Acestriker never said anything against new mechanics, the only reason to veto this would be if we can't find anyone to code it.

Scavenger-
With a power boost of only 50%, I doubt Mega Mandibuzz will get any use. I suggest the power boost goes all the way up to 100% or even 200%. It has pretty mediocre offenses without an item.
Upping the power is very dangerous, we don't want one of the bulkiest pokemon in OU to be able to one shot everything below half health. I personally think it'll plenty viable, but if you want to buff it, I'd recommend upping the activation range or just giving it a new ability.

Soulless-
I was pretty happy with this ability upon creation, but it sparked some discussion after winning. This could very well be an uncompetitive ability, so I'm broaching the topic to encourage more discussion about it.
TBH, we can't really know this until we have a running metagame. However, the play style is, pardon my insensitivity, gay.

Trickster-
Is this really enough to make Whimsicott viable?
It's a very interesting idea. If you're worried about Whimsicott, buff it in other areas.

While I'm uncertain, I fear that this ability could render Haxorus broken. I'm not all too comfortable with the prospect of DragMag's return.
Haxorous doesn't have dragon dance, so I'm not too worried.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
I'm on my phone right now, so I'll give my input on those abilities later, but...
Can we change Seed Drop's name to Fruit Drop now? :)
Also, thanks everyone for voting in my Incarnate forms!

Clear Ice vs Ice Age- I think this should be condensed to clear ice, especially with the winning Walrein, as I fear that with its bulk and 15 x4 resistances it may be a bit broken.

Compost, Dirtpile, and Scrap Heap- I would agree that The Wormadams are still unviable with these abilities given the power surrounding the newer megas, no one making a serious team would use these; however they would require pretty powerful abilities to make viable.
Hibernate vs Sweet Dreams- Condensing to sweet dreams would be easiest.. but I'm not sure if it would be strong enough to warrant the mega slot. At the same time however, an effective x4 resistance to everything but fighting while asleep is a bit too powerful for my liking

Judoka (as well as all moves affecting weight)- Hmm this is a bit problematic as making up weights as a community for all of the new megas would be time consuming. I think the most expedite route would be to keep all mega weights the same, with the exceptions of community voted pokémon that have flavourful and competitive reasons to become heavier or lighter
Mega Transform- I believe this could be viable to scare out un-mega'd pokémon with offensive megas, it would likely be a niche option as unlike scarf ditto, it's not a revenge killer to all runaway sweepers, as it'll only beat pokémon whom are unmega'd and are faster upon mega evolution (which is a fair few of them). Which could make it a good teammate for teams that otherwise are built mega-less that need a niche check (ie if your team was protean greninja weak)

Pollinate- Prankster seems like the best option to cut down on abilities to code

Raider and Tempest- I also agree with this assessment as not only is the idea of attacking moves on the switch I think is too much, it's also likely difficult to code (as I would also like this to be playable one day, even if my competitive pokémon abilities are extremely mediocre)

Scavenger- As much as the flavour of this ability is cool and fitting, I doubt even with the 100% to 200% that mega mandibuzz would see much use. I feel like another ability entirely might be more useful, especially since now the mega could be used more along the lines of its base form since it's no longer OU I don't think since Aegislash has long since past.

Soulless- I don't really know how to feel about this as it is for certain a guaranteed KO on at least one pokémon, but most pokemon could be played as thus.

Trickster- Don't think this will make whimsicott viable as stat debuffs aren't normally very viable anyways, thus it's not very helpful as Whimsicott can't really take advantage of these switches it causes

Valiant- Not sure on this one

Now as for my own opinions on abilities Fire Absorb- This like the wormadam abilities, isn't a bad ability, but I'm unsure about the flavour behind giving it to the muskateers? I don't feel it really fits.
As for the Ice abilities, I doubt Walrein will be overpowered. Sure it's hella bulky, but it has four fairly common weakness (including one to Rock) and no reliable recovery. Though I'm sure a RestTalk set would be quite viable.

Honestly, I think we should completely redo the Wormadam trio. While they were good ideas, I see absolutely no competitive use for them.

FireArrow Sabreholo mentions a good point here; effectively resisting literally every non-Mold Breaker variant attack in the game is very powerful, even while asleep. Especially considering that all but one are 4x resists. Sweet Dreams is still flavorful and competitively viable.

Agreed regarding Whimsicott. Stat-lowering moves are pretty gimmicky as it is; we don't need to encourage a Pokémon to actually use them. Switching is too prevalent.

The idea for Fire Absorb was that the musketeers saved people from burning forests, etc. to the point that they built up resistances and eventually immunities to Fire.
Ice Age is already coded, and the effects are different enough to warrant different abilities. (Ice Age gives a lot more damage reduction for ice types.)

Why? If simply for simplicity (heh), then no.

Megas retain the same weight unless stated otherwise.

You better bet it'll be! And even if it isn't, it's a fun as hell concept.

Ability is already coded, we gain nothing from removing it.

So? Acestriker never said anything against new mechanics, the only reason to veto this would be if we can't find anyone to code it.

Upping the power is very dangerous, we don't want one of the bulkiest pokemon in OU to be able to one shot everything below half health. I personally think it'll plenty viable, but if you want to buff it, I'd recommend upping the activation range or just giving it a new ability.

TBH, we can't really know this until we have a running metagame. However, the play style is, pardon my insensitivity, gay.

It's a very interesting idea. If you're worried about Whimsicott, buff it in other areas.

Haxorous doesn't have dragon dance, so I'm not too worried.
Deleting Judoka, Mega Transform, and Pollinate from the list.

Clear Ice vs Ice Age- So why not just give Cryogonal Ice Age for a slightly greater damage reduction and call it done?
Hibernate vs Sweet Dreams- I brought it up for simplicity, so I'm not sure why it's such a hasty no.
Scavenger and Soulless- Fair points; maybe we'll just have to playtest them.
Trickster- But how else could it be buffed? It has very limited base stat points to work with, and its typing couldn't be made much better considering it's primary type is Grass. I just couldn't see that Mega even getting into A-rank viability in the current UU metagame.
Valiant- Though Haxorus does indeed have Dragon Dance, I just checked its Mega stat distribution, and it looks to be more or less fair. I'd still recommend removing Fire Punch, for it can one-shot almost the entire metagame with Dragon/Ground/Fire coverage.
I'm on my phone right now, so I'll give my input on those abilities later, but...
Can we change Seed Drop's name to Fruit Drop now? :)
Also, thanks everyone for voting in my Incarnate forms!
I would've addressed this earlier if I seriously considered changing the name. The flavor is sufficient enough, and the name really isn't that important anyway. We're sticking with GG Unit's original name.

Congrats on the final-slate win, though :)

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
How about give the Wormadam trio defensive Speed Boost-type ability plus immunity to their respective type? It keeps taking surrounding materials into its cloak.
Either Defense Boost for Grass and Sp Def Boost for Ground to make it more viable or vice versa to make it more fitting flavor-wise. I guess Steel could have both defenses raised by one stage at the end of a pair of turns.

I know we are done with all slates but I remember we brought up this discussion awhile ago about Adding "X versions" to the already made Megas: Scizor, Lucario, Gyarados etc. Any chance we can still work on that project or all done completely?

I know we are done with all slates but I remember we brought up this discussion awhile ago about Adding "X versions" to the already made Megas: Scizor, Lucario, Gyarados etc. Any chance we can still work on that project or all done completely?
We should focus on the review portion before doing any extraneous slating. But that's certainly a possibility

FireArrow Sabreholo mentions a good point here; effectively resisting literally every non-Mold Breaker variant attack in the game is very powerful, even while asleep. Especially considering that all but one are 4x resists. Sweet Dreams is still flavorful and competitively viable.
I thought it was reduce by 25%, not to 25%? If I'm incorrect, then I'd suggest nerfing it. I don't feel entirely comfortable completely changing something for simplicity reason - people voted for Hibernate Ursaring, we should try our best to make that work first.

Agreed regarding Whimsicott. Stat-lowering moves are pretty gimmicky as it is; we don't need to encourage a Pokémon to actually use them. Switching is too prevalent.
Well your example was a 4x weakness coming off of a 150 Base attack. Instant -4 attack is insane. I don't feel like pulling up the stats for whimsicott right now, but to give you an idea:

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Mewtwo X: 288-339 (81.3 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-4 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Mewtwo X: 96-114 (27.1 - 32.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

edit: Ik mewtwo X is the worst comparison ever, but I'm just trying to illustrate the damage reduction. It's more than fur coat.

Clear Ice vs Ice Age- So why not just give Cryogonal Ice Age for a slightly greater damage reduction and call it done?
Hibernate vs Sweet Dreams- I brought it up for simplicity, so I'm not sure why it's such a hasty no.
Scavenger and Soulless- Fair points; maybe we'll just have to playtest them.
Trickster- But how else could it be buffed? It has very limited base stat points to work with, and its typing couldn't be made much better considering it's primary type is Grass. I just couldn't see that Mega even getting into A-rank viability in the current UU metagame.
Valiant- Though Haxorus does indeed have Dragon Dance, I just checked its Mega stat distribution, and it looks to be more or less fair. I'd still recommend removing Fire Punch, for it can one-shot almost the entire metagame with Dragon/Ground/Fire coverage.
1. Sure. The effects are vastly different, but I don't see anything wrong regarding situations where they aren't.
2. Because they're completely different. It's not like pollinate vs. prankster; the only thing they have in common is activation on sleeping.
3. It's a tricky game. We can't be arrogant enough to assume we can predict how viable everything is gonna be in a pet mod adding an enormous amount of content. On the other hand, skipping this stage would leave us twiddling our thumbs waiting for the code whilst being stared down by blatantly OP shit.
4. See above.
5. Holy crap, remove fire punch. Didn't realize it was added.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)