Playoffs Smogon Tour 18 Playoffs - Finals [Won by Tesung]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
In the middle of the first battle (BW OU), Cristal's internet went out and he was about to run out of time. I asked for the timer to be turned off when he was about to time-out, so we waited for about 20-30 minutes hoping he'd arrive back. Eventually, Cristal texted McMeghan saying &McMeghan:"nan donne lui la victoire en bw, je vais voir si je peux jouer le reste demain" ---> "guess he can have the win in BW, i'll try to see if i can play tomorow".

Although I don't like "winning" without actually defeating my opponent, I guess I'll be taking this. Sorry Cristal and I should be able to play tomorrow at 10pm your time onwards. If that doesn't work, then I'd ask for an extension to be granted as his internet going out shouldn't be held against him.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5ou-28161 - that's the replay.

1. Bloo v. 16. TBA
2. McMeghan v. 15. TBA
3. Inflikted v. 14. -Tsunami-
4. SoulWind v. 13. Rewer
5. reyscarface v. 12. Heist
6. Destiny Device v. 11. Mix
7. Leftiez v. 10. Masterclass
8. DracoMalfoy v. 9. Tesung

Very proud of Finch, hes come a long way same with inflikted holy shit I remember when you were a ladder random telling me how good regular power herb gyarados was during OST. Wish I had more time to play tour this year tons of surprises

I think Malfoy will beat Bloo round 2, and then I expect McMeghan to win the finals over Malfoy.

Masterclass is my darkhorse.

Century Express

melodies of life
is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
1. Bloo v. 16. TBA
2. McMeghan v. 15. TBA
4. SoulWind v. 13. Rewer

Everyone predicting against me made the right choice. I haven't been active at all and I haven't been involved in any team building or tournaments. I've just been joining one tour per week with a bunch of outdated teams and somehow made the play offs. I've accepted that i may just be a filler in this tournament. Leftiez, it really puts a smile on my face to see that you're getting the recognition you deserve. No one but me predicted you'll make the play offs after you got banned from the first 3 weeks (except me). But you did it anyway, with style too. Thats really impressive bro. That being said, i feel bad to have to end your run after you put that much effort ;].

lmao.

Leftiez will destroy you.

Last edited:

Albatrie

Leftiez #ST18. I already said that...

I could say GL to the others but well, Leftiez's gonna win..

glad Im finally unbanned, time to make some predictions about this

1. Bloo v. 16. TBA -
2. McMeghan v. 15. TBA -
4. SoulWind v. 13. Rewer

Obv I support Inflikted n Mix, show em all what the italian luck is..

Last edited:
Lost in 2

DPP was absurd, but I've only myself to blame in XY for choking such an easy win so I can't be mad.

Sorry for disappointing anyone who wanted me to win. My lategame play in XY was a complete embarrassment. I promise I'll use this as an opportunity to learn and improve, and hopefully I can do better next time.

GGs and GL in the rest xray

Last edited:
Nooooooooo!

Sorry Bud, was hoping you can win, ur a fren and plus it would show the 3 Lords do have some skill. Even so, you'll do better next time, plus I'll help you out (I actually intend to play seriously next season). 3 Lords will never die.

Edits: Actually, next stop for the Lords is OST, we'll test+build+counterstyle our opps +ghost each other. In to go deep, 5 Rounds at least.

Oh yeah, backing one of the following to win: Bloo, Leftiez, Heist

Last edited:
Not a huge fan of predictions cauz' we know that's just bs but w/e

1. Bloo v. 16. Cristal -> Even if I'm rooting for Cristal, Bloo's consistency this season (as well as for the previous ones) is simply amazing. He deserves to win.
2. McMeghan v. 15. xray -> because roro
3. Inflikted v. 14. -Tsunami- -> Inflikted is a good battler for what I've seen. I expect him to win and going further in playoffs.
4. SoulWind v. 13. Rewer
5. reyscarface v. 12. Heist -> Heist's performance is incredible. Being able to reach playoffs without a single point in XY is something. But as a drawback, he has lackluster performance in XY. It will come to the bw game for sure.
6. Destiny Device v. 11. Mix -> I don't know them
7. Leftiez v. 10. Masterclass -> I like Masterclass but Leftiez is on fire this season. Unable to play for 3 weeks, he still managed to reach playoffs. Though, I believe Masterclass has more experience and it could go either way.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Not a huge fan of predictions cauz' we know that's just bs but w/e

1. Bloo v. 16. Cristal -> Even if I'm rooting for Cristal, Bloo's consistency this season (as well as for the previous ones) is simply amazing. He deserves to win.
2. McMeghan v. 15. xray -> because roro
3. Inflikted v. 14. -Tsunami- -> Inflikted is a good battler for what I've seen. I expect him to win and going further in playoffs.
4. SoulWind v. 13. Rewer
5. reyscarface v. 12. Heist -> Heist's performance is incredible. Being able to reach playoffs without a single point in XY is something. But as a drawback, he has lackluster performance in XY. It will come to the bw game for sure.
6. Destiny Device v. 11. Mix -> I don't know them
7. Leftiez v. 10. Masterclass -> I like Masterclass but Leftiez is on fire this season. Unable to play for 3 weeks, he still managed to reach playoffs. Though, I believe Masterclass has more experience and it could go either way.

sluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurp

Although I don't like "winning" without actually defeating my opponent, I guess I'll be taking this. Sorry Cristal and I should be able to play tomorrow at 10pm your time onwards. If that doesn't work, then I'd ask for an extension to be granted as his internet going out shouldn't be held against him.
I'm not going to criticize your decision to take the win because that is completely within your rights, but I would like to point out that if you don't want to win like that you don't have to.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
I'm not going to criticize your decision to take the win because that is completely within your rights, but I would like to point out that if you don't want to win like that you don't have to.
That's true, but there isn't anyone to send teams to for Tour Playoffs like there has previously been for SPL and SWCOP as far as I know, so neither of us did, and (in my opinion) I had a slight advantage. Doing the match over with different teams wouldn't be ideal as the team I choose took into consideration a lot of factors and I'm sure the same can be said with Cristal's team. So, once the game had started, there wasn't any turning back. When his internet problem became apparent, we stopped the timer and waited for a half hour, but Cristal's internet didn't work. When McMeghan said Cristal texted him "guess he can have the win in BW", I took the win bearing the above in mind. I know this is unfortunate for Cristal and I understand how some of you could be skeptical with me for taking the win, but not taking the win in there would've been shooting myself in the foot and he said I could have it.

Mazar

Banned deucer.
the first german in stour playoffs, good job xray, enjoy your games against bloo and i think most of the german community will watching and support you.

mach et jonas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)