Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Pic of the day. Here's the Fiend's Scale in Classic mode. When you raise the intensity in the 3DS version, the effects looked similar to a picture book. However, for the Wii U version, as you raise your intensity it looks like you're falling deeper into the underworld. The very bottom looks ferocious.

(Comment)

The field in Classic mode has five different backgrounds determined by the intensity level. On low intensity, the background looks peaceful, but on high intensity, the atmosphere gets pretty intimidating.

New nintendo direct, sorry for double post.
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/11-05-2014/

POTD:

Pic of the day. Jackpot Opportunity is one of the Events in single-player mode where you aim to
collect 1,000 Gold to pay off your loan. This scenario uses Coin Battle rules.

(Comment)

It's Past Your Bedtime sets up another predetermined situation for a single-player Event. In this one, Jigglypuff needs to put every fighter to sleep at the same time. There are quite a few scenarios like this that aren't simply brawls.

Last edited:

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How do aerial approaches shut out Mac's up-angled fsmash or usmash, exactly? To my understanding they still have superarmor, but this is coming from someone who hasn't had much online playtime and nearly 0 playtime as or against Mac.
The thing is that you can purposely overshoot Little Mac if Shulk's Monado is using the Jump art. With this art, his short hop is about 2/3 of his normal jump when he has no art activated. So, it can be kind of easy to catch Little Mac charging up the Smash attack in the wrong direction with a full jump, letting you land a back air or back-end of his nair, and you can easily follow up with an ftilt or jab thanks to the super armor. If Little Mac predicts the angle you come in at correctly, Shulk can still use Vision to make the attack backfire. For reference, Shulk's counter (Vision) has the strongest knockback in the game from my experience. Get Little Mac off-stage with Vision and the Jump art still active, and it gets pretty easy to edgeguard due to the jumping range Shulk has at that point.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I am so excited for events!!!!! They're always some of my favorite things to do.
Should we organise and set up a leader board thread for these sorts of things? I mean like, all of the DS Target Blast scores/Home Run stuff and then all the WiiU versions too? Photo pics required obviously for every score.

I'm on the last challenge -- for all Hats, Outfits, and Custom Specials. Two custom specials left for Sonic -- the total count in Stats will end up being 376, for reference. Palutena actually has all of her specials available by default. If anyone's still working on the Smash Run powers and doesn't know about their own progress, know that EVERY type of power is available in and only in level 1-4 variants. And you unlock a hat for collecting all of them.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The only challenge that I think I'll need the hammers for are the Street Pass related challenges.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The only challenge that I think I'll need the hammers for are the Street Pass related challenges.

I believe you're allowed to use Practice mode to accomplish the Street Smash challenges.

I use the hammers on Smash Run challenges because Smash Run is a giant bucket of not fun.
Smash Run is amazingly fun for me. I just love that feeling when you get all those powers and start murdering enemies. If you're having trouble getting wins just set the CPUs as Jigglypuffs without any customs on for them (select "Default"); it makes fighting them way easier.

Pic of the day. Here's something we didn't even announce in "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza"(“ Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things”)--a stage from Yoshi's Woolly World. This stage was added and developed quite near the end of development. The surfaces are soft and cushiony.

(Comment)

The mobiles are placed in different locations depending on the situation, and they tilt according to weight distribution. The stage also gets rearranged, so the ground may disappear temporarily during a remodel.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I love that Yoshi's Woolly World is getting representation in Smash 4. It seems that this stage does a pretty good job of showing parts of the game off. The mobiles are a nice touch that remind me of how the platforms worked in the Mushroom Kingdom stages in Smash 64 and Melee in terms of weight distribution. The one thing I am a bit worried about is how long it takes the stage to be remodeled. I would assume it'll only take 3-5 seconds, but I think anything longer than that would start to get a little annoying due to the confined area you'd have to fight in.

Ditto about Yoshi's Woolly World. We'll see how the stage turns out. Looks non-intrusive enough to be used for casual play.

Does anyone on the site main or use Rosalina&Luma?

double posting because some noob gamer girl got an early copy of the game and bragged on reddit about it without even playing the game, here's their picture:

Pic of the day. Here's a new stage, Wuhu Island. Flying around Wuhu Island may remind you of the Pilot Wings stage, but this time we tour famous locations on the island.

(Comment 1)

For example, here's the starting line of a power-cruising race. You may also find yourself at a mountain summit, in front of a fountain, on a suspension bridge, in a fighting arena, or riding on a boat. The stage really feels like a resort vacation.

(Comment 2)

I've been so busy with developing this game that I dreamed about tropical islands every time I saw this stage. …Beaches in the summer are great, aren't they?

I love the Palutena's Guidance. Also is it me or does the conversation with dark pit seem to be hinting at a new kid icrus game. It might be just me dreaming though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)