XY OU Just Getting Back Into Competitive, RMT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I used to play a decent bit of competitive play a few years ago, and I want to get back into it. Let me know what you think of this team.

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

I usually lead off with Terrakion to get stealth rocks up. I'll pull him pretty quickly usually, and especially if the other team has a Blissey or Chansey that I need him for. Forms good synergy with Latias, as Healing Wish can sometimes help get an extra use out of the Sash.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

Definitely a bit of a new/weird strategy, but Ditto is amazing if used right. Stops setting up/baton passing in its tracks and is generally a nuisance.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Complete special sweeper. Nothing too groundbreaking here. Fire Blast rips apart everything that doesn't resist it, and the other 3 moves help with coverage.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

The battering ram of the team. I'll keep him on the sidelines until mid-late game when I've cleared stuff that resists him (such as Ferrothorn or Scizor) and then unleash the beast!

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

The first of my more defensive Pokemon. Defog handles entry hazards, Draco Meteor/Psyshock add coverage. I kinda like healing wish (I've turned a couple of games with it), but I've been thinking about switching it for Surf. Thoughts?

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 68 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Air Cutter
- Heat Wave

Physically defensive Zapdos rounds out the team. Thunderbolt for STAB, Air Cutter/Heat Wave for coverage, and Roost for healing. Zapdos is generally who I switch in after having Terrakion lead off, he just takes hits so well!

The only glaring weakness I've found so far is that I have tons of trouble dealing the Chansey/Blissey if Terrakion goes down, but I'm sure you all will find tons of things wrong with this team. Thanks in advance!

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

Small nitpick (I assume you took this straight off Showdown or something similar), I would put 0 speed IVs on Ditto to outslow other Dittos, allowing you a shot at using Struggle last.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Roost is generally a better option for longer sustainability. Dragon Pulse is pretty much only for the Lati@s twins, but Fire Blast hits them hard enough on the switch and Dragon Pulse doesn't have a shot at OHKOing either. Roost allows you to last longer, check some threats harder/more consistantly (namely Keldeo), and can potentially heal off SR damage if you can force a switch.

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latias in Sun: 124-147 (41.1 - 48.8%) -- 76.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latias: 172-204 (57.1 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

So you don't lose that much power. Roost is almost always more useful than Dragon Pulse.

I would replace Zapdos with Rotom-W. Zapdos' place in OU in almost entirely related to it's ability to check BirdSpam and Defog in one team spot. Outside of Defogging, Rotom-W is almost always more useful. Even losing out on Heat Wave, a concern for most teams that lean on Zapdos, isn't a concern for you because of the presence Char-Y brings.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpA / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-o-Wisp
- Pain Split

This set has a few advantages over Zapdos. Volt Switch gives you valuable momentum, and Hydro Pump gives you strong Water STAB which is never a bad thing. Most notably, it checks Landorus-T, which is otherwise a huge threat to your team. Wil-o-Wisp can also help cripple the physical attackers the Rotom typically switches in on. Rotom also has the added bonus of absorbing the Water attacks that Terrakion and Char-Y tend to draw.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

Ice Beam over Dragon Claw allows you to hit two relatively common switch-ins to Kyurem-B, Gliscor and Landorus-T. Two Dragon STABs are somewhat redundant with a Choice Scarf, as Outrage's locking effect is much less of an issue. Dragon Claw would be a better option on Life Orb or Assault Vest sets than Scarf sets. I would also use a Naive Nature over Naughty, the extra speed (combined with Ice Beam) allows you to beat Scarf Landorus-T 1v1.

That's all I have right now, let me know what you think! Welcome back to battling!

you need sufficient descriptions for each pokemon to explain why you chose the pokemon and set, and how it functions alongside the rest of your team. take a look at the rmt rules and some other rmts, especially in the team showcase and team archive subforums, to see what's expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)