Hearthstone [IRC Channel #Skillstone]

Lavos

Banned deucer.
the warlock can actually stay alive: 2 rags hit the drake, molten--> shadowflame--> GOLDSHIRE FOOTMAN/voidwalker to block hero power

that would be the ultimate comeback

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can't decide what deck I think is best right now (not counting Hunter / Zoo).

It's either Violet Teacher Rogue or Ramp FoN Druid, both of which have fairly decent matchups vs Hunter and Zoo honestly.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
ramp druid is the best deck for laddering, even better than zoo imo, because it's got great matchups against hunter/zoo and still 60/40 vs violet teacher rogue (in my experience, i've also heard things like it's closer to 50/50 so maybe i'm just drawing well). run cenarius not rag plz.

however i still play 100% zoo until i get to rank 5, every season. because 3 zoo wins and 1 loss is like the span of 1 ramp game

control warrior also super good right now if you can mulligan for axes.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
The hype of hearthstone worlds has me playing a little bit more. I am actually getting my quests done again. Game is pretty fun when you don't face a stupid coin undertaker opening.

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ramp druid is the best deck for laddering, even better than zoo imo, because it's got great matchups against hunter/zoo and still 60/40 vs violet teacher rogue (in my experience, i've also heard things like it's closer to 50/50 so maybe i'm just drawing well). run cenarius not rag plz.

however i still play 100% zoo until i get to rank 5, every season. because 3 zoo wins and 1 loss is like the span of 1 ramp game

control warrior also super good right now if you can mulligan for axes.

My main problem with Ramp Druid is it's so dependent on getting an early Wild Growth or Inn that it's hard to get a constant good hand (to be fair you can have a 2-3-4 curve with Creeper, Shade, Yeti), but I like Miracle's flexibility a bit more, despite it having a very limited amount of damage in its deck.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
My main problem with Ramp Druid is it's so dependent on getting an early Wild Growth or Inn that it's hard to get a constant good hand (to be fair you can have a 2-3-4 curve with Creeper, Shade, Yeti), but I like Miracle's flexibility a bit more, despite it having a very limited amount of damage in its deck.
for me it seems like miracle is super hit or miss though. like i'm almost always going to slay priests, almost always going to get shit on by warrior, etc. and if i don't draw gadget in the top half of my deck, well...i guess what i like about ramp druid so much is that it doesn't have any matchup worse than 60/40, and is even or better in all but one or two matchups, so it's consistent in that regard and i can count on my skill to win. i disagree with the "you need wild growth/innervate", druid still has extremely good plays on curve without mana acceleration playing a factor. it is probably a little easier to bust on draws than with other classes just because of all the high cost shit you play, but the easy solution is to not mulligan as aggressively unless you're in a rough matchup. also what list do you play that includes haunted creeper? my lowest cost minion is 1x harvest golem, i don't play shades either

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
for me it seems like miracle is super hit or miss though. like i'm almost always going to slay priests, almost always going to get shit on by warrior, etc. and if i don't draw gadget in the top half of my deck, well...i guess what i like about ramp druid so much is that it doesn't have any matchup worse than 60/40, and is even or better in all but one or two matchups, so it's consistent in that regard and i can count on my skill to win. i disagree with the "you need wild growth/innervate", druid still has extremely good plays on curve without mana acceleration playing a factor. it is probably a little easier to bust on draws than with other classes just because of all the high cost shit you play, but the easy solution is to not mulligan as aggressively unless you're in a rough matchup. also what list do you play that includes haunted creeper? my lowest cost minion is 1x harvest golem, i don't play shades either
Which version of Ramp are you talking about? The taunt centric one with Senjins, Belchers, Wars, and Kel'Thuzad or the "4 swarm" one with Yetis, Knights, and double combo?

I also have trouble believing any version of Ramp Druid is 60/40 or even 50/50 against Midrange Shaman. I consistently destroy druids, and even if they manage to get say Wild Growth and Spectral Knight in their opening hand, it still seems favourable to me.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Which version of Ramp are you talking about? The taunt centric one with Senjins, Belchers, Wars, and Kel'Thuzad or the "4 swarm" one with Yetis, Knights, and double combo?

I also have trouble believing any version of Ramp Druid is 60/40 or even 50/50 against Midrange Shaman. I consistently destroy druids, and even if they manage to get say Wild Growth and Spectral Knight in their opening hand, it still seems favourable to me.
...Um. Who plays KT in Ramp? That's interesting. I have actually never seen that before. Also I lied about my lowest cost minion, forgot a creature. Whoops. Everyone forgets Thalnos. My list is:

Innervate x2
Wild Growth x2
Wrath x2
Bloodmage Thalnos x1
Healing Touch x1
Savage Roar x1
Big Game Hunter x1
Harvest Golem x1
Swipe x2
Keeper of the Grove x2
Sen'jin Shieldmasta x2
Druid of the Claw x2
Sludge Belcher x2
Spectral Knight x2
Force of Nature x1
Sylvanas Windrunner x1
Ancient of Lore x2
Ancient of War x2
Cenarius x1

And yeah, Shaman's the hardest matchup. But 60/40 is generous for the Shaman player. With Wild Growth and/or an on-curve hand, it's an easy win. Even without Innervate/Wild Growth, and even with the Shaman gaining early board presence, Spell-powered Swipes and Force of Nature can be used liberally to clear. In my experience, if you can drag it to turn 10 as the Druid player it's essentially over. Too many big dudes dropping on board every turn for the Shaman to keep up. But if you disagree we can play a few games of the matchup, add me LAVOSE#1935 on NA.

Matthew

Some of these new Goblins vs Gnomes cards look so over-the-fucking-top that I'm excited to see if we can get away from this burst meta (probably not with the 4/8 Charge, Mega-Windfury card, four attacks a turn smh).

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/expansions-adventures/goblins-vs-gnomes/?abt=nav1&utm_expid=68589644-24.yOgsCsWhSz-gOSDIbl82Wg.1&utm_referrer=http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/15142514523?abt=nav1

edit:

it's a special summon card kind of like Thaddius. A specific card + 3 other "Mech" type class cards on the field.

edit 2:

Priest's new Spell card is so strong.

3 mana give minion +2/4 and Spell Power + 1

Last edited:
This extension is so fucking random, i don't even see the point of adding more random ways to win.

I hope the ~90 cards left are a bit better.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Are those "summon a random 2/4 mana cost minion" cards the Webspinner variant where it's literally a random card or do they pull it from your deck?

Spider Tank is rad I'm so happy for that card

Last edited:

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
8 mana 16 burst is not OK what the fuck.

AND HOLY SHIT DID YOU GUYS NOTICE??? SPECTATOR MODE FINALLY RAWRRR>

Plus.
I convinced one of my friends to start playing Hearthstone, but he's intimidated by the fact that he'll have to grind for all that gold to unlock Naxxramas to even ladder competitively, and another expansion is like on its way.

Fair Point I guess. I started a few months shy of Naxx and had a hard time myself. How would a new player mitigate this?

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
<Blizzard> with $$$

Kel'Thuzad is great in taunt-heavy Druid (and Paladin) decks because it's really fucking hard to kill KT hiding behind ever-reviving Sunwalkers and Sludge Belchers.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
8 mana 16 burst is not OK what the fuck.

AND HOLY SHIT DID YOU GUYS NOTICE??? SPECTATOR MODE FINALLY RAWRRR>

Plus.
I convinced one of my friends to start playing Hearthstone, but he's intimidated by the fact that he'll have to grind for all that gold to unlock Naxxramas to even ladder competitively, and another expansion is like on its way.

Fair Point I guess. I started a few months shy of Naxx and had a hard time myself. How would a new player mitigate this?
voltron is like exodia lol you have to have 3 mechs AND mimiron's head at the start of your next turn, still pretty awesome though

yea also after the expansion packs from arena rewards are going to be exclusively from the new set, which further raises the difficulty in getting older cards for new players (although u can still get the cards rewarded singularly).

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
voltron is like exodia lol you have to have 3 mechs AND mimiron's head at the start of your next turn, still pretty awesome though
Mechwarper + cheap zoo-ish Mech handvomit doesn't make it too hard. There are like a lot of cheap mechs in the preview itself. Easily doable in a single turn itself if you have a low enough mana curve, and 2 turn also very easy to do, against non control variants. But ofc I'm sure the new meta will have a lot of shit to deal with it.

This expansion seems absolutely batshit fuckall.

Also:
yea also after the expansion packs from arena rewards are going to be exclusively from the new set, which further raises the difficulty in getting older cards for new players (although u can still get the cards rewarded singularly).
:O Source? My collection isn't the best atm, I'd hate such a change myself.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Ben Brode has confirmed that the majority of the 120 new cards have no RNG whatsoever, and the ones shown on battle.net are depicted because they're the most "fun". So don't freak out about too much RNG yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)