Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer mark 6 (read 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you professional breeders make babies, do you do natures first or IVs? And do you usually find a good ditto to keep breeding with? or do you try to get two decent-ived parents of the same species?
I start out with the IVs, using dittos. When passing the last stat that I want to pass, I will use a ditto with the correct nature, until I receive two good babies, a male, and a female with the proper nature. From there, I breed until I'm satisfied with the results.

For more in depth information, check out this awesome breeding guide.

Try reseting with berries, then you'll get as close as 9 points. But if you can use 11 berries on one stat, you know that if you use only one berry the stat will have 100 Evs. Remember to turn your DS off and not saving, otherwise you'll have to EV-train again >.>

Is there any way to tell how many EVs your pokemon has before you get to level 100?
If you know your pokemon's IV, you can use a stat calc to figure out it's EVs, though it'll still be not totally accurate as you can get the exact figure only on level 100.
You can also do a wifi-battle where you'll know the poke's stats and if you know the IVs, the EVs will be easy enough to figure out from this.

Does syncronize work with standing legendaries like heatran, etc.? How about the runners? Before I start soft resetting I would like to know.

What are some good natures for groundon (besides jolly and adamant)? I'm SRing for a good ived one...
Naive (+speed -spdef) or Naughty (+atk -spdef) can work too as groudon isn't really meant to take special hits as much but adamant/jolly will be optimum.

I was battling this guy and his Gengar's Hypnosis hit 8 times (5 in a row and 3 seperately; we weren't playing with Sleep Clause). And Focus Blast hit 5 times in a row.

Does that mean its hacked?

I was battling this guy and his Gengar's Hypnosis hit 8 times (5 in a row and 3 seperately; we weren't playing with Sleep Clause). And Focus Blast hit 5 times in a row.

No, its just that the RNG is weird, and that your friend has good luck. Yesterday, on Shoddy, out of ten times used, Hypnosis only hit once for me.

no, his defense is amazing, and you should keep it that way. If it has absolutely wonderful IVs, then maybe it would work.

No the guy you were facing was probably just lucky. You can't prove anything anyway unless you do a large number of tests.

I remember one person hacked a Compound Eyes Gengar to hit with low accuracy moves. If you run into this kind of luck again and it's obvious that you don't have much of a chance, use a ground move on it and if it hits, it's hacked. Alternately, Trace pokemon are useful for checking hacked abilities.

Does Sychroniz work on Cresselia? Cuz I have a Sychronizing Calm Ralts in the lead and I soft reset for over 10 Cresselias and only 1 of them is Calm.

Metalgross said:
No, its just that the RNG is weird, and that your friend has good luck. Yesterday, on Shoddy, out of ten times used, Hypnosis only hit once for me.
Whats RNG?

Kumar said:
No the guy you were facing was probably just lucky. You can't prove anything anyway unless you do a large number of tests.
Yeah I guess so. Thanx

Sciz said:
I remember one person hacked a Compound Eyes Gengar to hit with low accuracy moves. If you run into this kind of luck again and it's obvious that you don't have much of a chance, use a ground move on it and if it hits, it's hacked. Alternately, Trace pokemon are useful for checking hacked abilities.
Yeah I was thinking he hacked NO GUARD onto him. I guess Compoundeyes works better...but why would I keep a TRACE pokemon on my team JUST to test if they're hacked...it does work though. I should've used Spikes/Toxic Spikes to see if Gengar was affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)