Official Smogon Fantasy Football PLAYOFF Thread (2014-15 Edition)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion

Fockin Romo not playing
Edit: Garbage time TD. \o/ Still relatively terrible but slightly less so now.

On the bright side...

Last edited:
Hill saved me from having to start Taliferro.

But i'm only 18 points up in my ppr league, and he has Colts D+Hilton and i have Vinatieri.

EDIT: 2/3 this week!

Last edited:
okay time to start steam-rolling my PPR league.

the Broncos, Lions AND Steelers Ds are on the wire right now, should be able to get one of them, but if i can get the Lions and the Broncos...well fuck yeah.

not dropping Vinatari, he's been good for a solid 10-12 points each week.

trying to pick up Shayne Graham to plug in this week.

my standard league isn't looking too hot.

Lions D available here too, 6/12 on the wire so maaaaybe...fine with the Steelers D otherwise.

Mike Evans is on the wire, hoping to snag him. though playing him over Benjamin seems dicey, they're both pretty boom or bust.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Benjamin is probably the better play, considering his QB is better and he's slightly less boom or bust than Evans. Benjamin has been getting plenty of targets every week unlike Evans.

Of the three defenses you mentioned, Detroit will be the most consistent play going forward, whereas Pittsburgh or Denver will be your best bets for this week only.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I wouldnt wanna be playing me right now.

Peyton / Megatron / Watkins / Bell / Hillman / Donnell / Mike Evans all starting. I'm finally healthy, past my bye weeks and hitting my stride. Top score in league B, beating the first placed guy, and now I'm playing one of the weaker opponents I've had this season

Benjamin is probably the better play, considering his QB is better and he's slightly less boom or bust than Evans. Benjamin has been getting plenty of targets every week unlike Evans.

Of the three defenses you mentioned, Detroit will be the most consistent play going forward, whereas Pittsburgh or Denver will be your best bets for this week only.
yeah that's how i feel about the Ds as well. been streaming all year and it's mostly worked out, but if i got the Lions i'd probably just roll with them.

EDIT: Got the Lions in both leagues.

Last edited:

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
halp. I'm in a real bad place in one of my leagues, have to start 3 of the following 4: AJ Green, Odell Beckham Jr., Vincent Jackson, Mohammad Sanu

halp. I'm in a real bad place in one of my leagues, have to start 3 of the following 4: AJ Green, Odell Beckham Jr., Vincent Jackson, Mohammad Sanu
playing Green+Sanu seems redundent, but McCown isn't great at all so...

yeah i don't know. i'd probably sit VJax if it were me.

BiGGiE
I went Green + Sanu last week and it worked out. I'm doing it again this week since I have no other WRs and I'm not worried. I don't think the Browns will be able to stop both of them; I think they should combine for 20+ points even if one of them gets shut down somehow. They combined for 26.5 last week, non PPR.
I'd probably go Beckham as well since he will actually get targets and catches. He might only get you 5 points but that's more than 2.

well you're starting aj green no matter what. green is going to be covered by joe haden this week, so sanu is probably in line for a good game. then you gotta choose between ODB and vincent jackson. both have mediocre quarterbacks, but i trust eli a bit more. vincent jackson has mike evans to compete with.. ODB has.... ruben randle?
tl;dr: AJ, sanu, ODB

I'm hoping by the second half he will remember how to throw to an open receiver...
If Hill's fumble got him benched for the remainder of the game I'll be mad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)