Other OU Player of the Week #4: Bloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you, as a person and a leader, think the balance lies between doing what you think is right and pleasing as many people as you can?

Do you believe that transparency and genuineness ("realness") have any true (practical, significant, beneficial) role in leadership?

What do you have to say in defense of the lecherous behavior plainly showcased in my signature?

Last edited:
How is it, that 90% of the time you get put in a 50/50, you come out on top? Do you use some special strategy, or do you literally just flip a coin?

Do your friends in real life know about your prominence/skills in Smogon Singles?
If yes, what are their opinions about it and do you guys play against each other?
If no, what do you think their opinions are about Pokemon/Smogon in general and have you ever recommended Pokemon/Smogon to them?

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thoughts on user -Clone-? Be honest, criticism won't bother this guy :P

Also, what's the best way to get into older gens? I kinda want to learn BW & DPP, but the ladders are pretty bare, and I don't really know very many people here.

Edit: please tell me that you agreeing to tutor me wasnt a troll?

Last edited:

bogoljubow

formerly Betapf
Speaking as a non-tournament battler, who is currently approaching the Top 500 OU ladder, which playstyle would you recommend to really get into the OU Tier? Does it make sense to choose a certain playstyle at that (rather unexperienced) stage at all?

It has been very inspiring to read through your thoughts on playing competitively and I hope it can help me improving my efforts to achieve further aims in any game I am competing at. Thanks for answering!

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
how do you feel about sasori I'm on the second season of Naruto shippuden and hes bar none my favorite character that's been on the show

Miridy

♩_♩
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello! Nice interview here, I have a couple of questions:
1:
Do you think in the future we may get more advanced Smogon Tour stats? Kinda like the one Antar has in the Ladder? I feel that knowing the Movesets, Teammates and usual EV Spreads might be very useful for those who would like to learn the Metagame.
2:
Some tips on Rating Teams for a newcomer?
3:
Tips on Teambuilding? What Teambuilding method you usually do?
4:
You said that the SOLT had lost most of its hype, is there any other ideas to "raise the bar" on the Ladder? And what tips do you have for someone who started Laddering?
5:
Have you ever felt the fear of losing? Many players ie. on the ladder are scared to go on, because they might lose, and their ranking will go down easily, but fear can also be applied on Tournaments, especially important ones, if you had, and you did overcome it, care to tell us how?
6:
Where do you think are the best places to build teams together with other competitive users?

I know you are quite busy, as such; thanks in advance for your time.

horyzhnz

[10:02:17 AM] flcl: its hory xD
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1. What is your mindset when faced with 50/50s? As in how do you determine what move to make will give you that extra 1% chance to come out on top and how do you pull it off so frequently?

2. What do you think would be the best way for a newcomer to get more integrated into the competitive scene?

3. What's your take on the whole Smogon-Nazi / elitism thing that sites like GameFAQs and Serebii and many more obscurer sites that I've seen make it out to be?

4. Do you watch anything that's not Naruto / Friends?

5. Do you listen to any other genres of music apart from rock?

Hey Bloo! First I admire you so much, a big reference as the kind of player I want to be in future. Ok, here are my quiestions:

1.- As a new user and new to competitive Pokémon what are the best ways to get involved into the community? I mean I know you responded this a million of times: tutoring programs, posting, playing tournaments, etc.; but what i want to know is if there is a way to get deeper than this, just for example, like realtime talking about the metagame trends, underrated threats, or just, in general, about the metagame. I think i didn't worded it well, hoping you get it.

2.- Just curious if you still plays in-game Pokémon and enjoys it? What's your favorite Pokémon generation (not competitive just the games)?

3.- Out of Pokémon, just curious about few things. I've read you are half spanish so... ¡Me deberías entender perfectamente! Yo también soy español, me gustaría saber ¿de qué parte de España eres? ¿Sigues viviendo aquí? Si es que no, ¿cuándo fue la última vez que estuviste aquí?

4.- did you seen the ending of naruto? if yes, did you like it? or did you hate it? What's your favorite character of Naruto series? my favorite one is Madara!

and last could you be my tutor? lol joke, dont want to annoy you :)

Hey Bloo, amazing thread! It's really entertaining to read your answers.
What do you think about Smogon Tour so far this season? What were the greatest surprises and letdowns? What are your thoughts on the users who made it to top 16?
What's your favourite soccer/football team?
Thanks in advance. You are amazing and it's great to watch you playing. Again, great thread. Keep it up!

1.- películas favoritas (las que mas te llenen, no importa el genero pienso) creo que todos tenemos esas películas que veriamos una y mil veces si hiciese falta.

2.- por que eres tan negativo a la hora de jugar torneos, piensas que usualmente perderás contra tu siguiente rival pero suele ser todo lo contrario por lo general ¿pensar así te da mas confianza a la hora de jugar sabiendo lo que puede pasar? O igual deberías de ser mas realista y pensar en que lo tienes todo de cara a tu favor.

3.- que secciones de smogon hechas de menos seguir contribuyendo a ellas o por lo contrario si no hechas de menos ninguna en especial.

4.- ¿cuanto tiempo hace que no has estado por aquí en España?¿piensas visitarla en un futuro cercano?

Y creo que esto es todo, gracias por tu tiempo =] como siempre Bloo.

Sergi is my alter ego v_v

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
bloooo n_n big fan, some questions:

- Favorite food?
- Do you have a pet?
- Do you watch pokeaimmd? thunderblunder777? mrjamvad?
- One thing i noticed is that you never complain about anything in the game. If you get haxed or if you end up losing to team matchup, you never say anything, even if your opponent brags about beating you. Do you actually get mad about it on real life? Or do you always take it easy, knowing that it's just a game?
- Do you like any other nintendo games outside of Pokémon? Which ones?

Last edited:
Hey Bloo! Thanks again for giving me one more chance back then when I screwed up really badly as a person on Smogon. I've personally looked up to you alot since I started playing tournaments a few years ago. Do you think it's true that the skill of teambuilding, unlike battling, comes completely with true talent? What are your thoughts on the new WCOP format that was implemented last season and what teams do you think got buffed thanks to it? Also, do you think OU will become completely different when ORAS releases?

How has Pokemon (the video game, the competitive nature, the community...) impacted you as a person in real life? Do you view competition/games differently? Has the abundance of hax changed your perspective on the unlucky times we all may have?

Just wanted to say that you are an awesome person and an amazing player. I will be rooting for you in the Smogon Tour. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)