The Legend of Korra (Spoilers ITT)

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Even though no one ended in bloody bruises, I would think that he got owned pretty hard on the Day of the Black Sun. The Avatar and the best earthbender in the world get beaten by Azula without any firebending. She just uses psychological torment, really good acrobatics, and quickly disposed Dai Li to win. Really, Azula gave him a run for his money throughout TLA; it was Zuko & Katara, not Aang, who put her down.

...man, I was thinking the other day wondering why I loved Azula so much even though she's a horrible person. I think this is one of the reasons why.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This season has been great, my only wish is that Kuvira was given a speaking role last season a bit earlier. If she was named earlier that would have been helpful. She has been a great villain because of how she was handed a crappy scenario from the previous villain and decided to take extreme measures. She doesn't have some master plan to remove the avatar, or at least did not have one from the start. But heck I'm sure she has considered that by killing Korra the next avatar would have to be an earthbender, which means chances are he would be completely under her control for a generation. Something that Ozai or Zaheer would cream themselves over, and Unaloq completely mishandled.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I take back what I said, Korra was a total badass this week. After hearing the train station announcement, was anyone else hoping/thinking they'd end up in Omashu? Oh well.

I also wonder what Toph's gonna do now that the Earth Empire is screwing with the swamp...it's gonna be brutal.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
For who though, it's way to early in the season for Kuviera to go down. I'm guessing Toph is either going to lose or be forced out of the swamp.

That being said, whoever had the theory that Korra's books could also be defined by country organizations (season one is communism, two is Religious extremism, three is anarchy, and four is fascism) really hit the nail on the head. Fucking "jailing" non "native earth kingdom citizens".

Edit, and Varrick is the capitalist wild card

Last edited:

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
lol as elite a metal bender as Kuvira is...fuckin with Toph's Time...not good for her

It is admittedly too early in the season for her to get owned though, so I wonder which way they're going with this

Unless Kuvira is a fake out and there is a bigger baddie for this season (but I doubt it)

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I think people are overestimating Toph. Bad ass is bad ass but Kuviera's bringing an entire army with her (this contributes to why I think the ultimate victory is going to come from Kuviera's authority being defeated, rather than her herself being defeated [the two could be simultaneous though]).

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It's halfway through the season. If there was some other big bad, we'd have met them by now. It's possible ultimately Junior is the more evil of the two and is taken down last, but it's definitely Kuvira and him.

The whole Wu kidnapping plot was a bit confusing imo. I don't actually get why Kuvira needs Wu eliminated so badly. He's pretty clearly ineffectual and kidnapping him only makes Kuvira look worse. I think something's up there.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Unless Kuvira is a fake out and there is a bigger baddie for this season (but I doubt it)
If I recall correctly, the last shot of every book's first episode was the antagonist.

Book 1: Amon
Book 2: Unalaq
Book 3: Zaheer

However, Book 4's EP1 final scene did not involve Kuvira or Junior. The last shot in Book 4...was Korra

If this pattern upholds, then having Kuvira lose now is understandable, because the ultimate battle will be Korra vs herself, in an attempt to bring balance within herself.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
people will probably be pissed about this week's episode (a clip show) but for those who don't know (I didnt until a minute ago) they were _forced_ to make a clip show -- Nick cut Korra's budget by the amount of an entire episode so they either had to make a new episode with old footage or fire a bunch of their crew. Nick's handling of this amazing show is continually disappointing.

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
pretty meh episode, though parts of varricks story were hilarious.

also i swear they're just teasing korrasami at this point, got damn

SnoopingGil

professional lurker
isn't next week the finale?

edit:

I remember hearing it was an 8 episode season I think??
I thought it was a 12 episode season. Maybe the last few episodes are the finale arc.

Anyway, Nickelodeon sucks, blah blah, Varrick should've narrated the whole darn thing. :\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)