Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 43 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Would there be any use for a Refresh Salamence for mega sets? I have an Adamant XD Salamence from a while back w/ Max Atk, Def, and Spe, and I'm curious if it's worth training for novelty? (HP and SpD were shit iirc, but eh)

Would there be any use for a Refresh Salamence for mega sets? I have an Adamant XD Salamence from a while back w/ Max Atk, Def, and Spe, and I'm curious if it's worth training for novelty? (HP and SpD were shit iirc, but eh)
Yeah, DD/Roost/Refresh/Return is a legit set. Only other RefreshMence I've seen is Albus 's

Refresh is really good on mega Mence. It really wants the run HP and spdef investment, though the adamant part is good. I run refresh, roost, DD, and return. It's really gud. I've been thinking of resetting one on a new XD save file.

Just for novelty.

If I'm not mistaken, the most recent update to the games addressed hacks (or, most likely, potential hacks and/or unlikely 'mons). I believe the only Heatran that can have Eruption is from one of the Ranger games and its associated WiFi event. (OT Oblivia, IIRC).

Either you are in possession of a hacked Heatran (special move Eruption, but wrong OT/ID) or the game just doesn't like Eruption Heatran - maybe it doesn't like its IVs. Can't really say, to be honest.

So, I'd say those are the two most likely explanations for why it wasn't allowed. I'm sure someone else more knowledgeable will correct me or provide more info for you.

Pre-Post Edit:
Yep, Oblivia event Heatran with ID of 03060: HERE
Pretty sure all hack checks are done server side (otherwise we would need a patch every time there's a new event anywhere in the world), so it's not possible for the 1.3 patch to have done anything.

Xen

Wi-Fi Leader
Yeah, DD/Roost/Refresh/Return is a legit set. Only other RefreshMence I've seen is Albus 's
Refresh is really good on mega Mence. It really wants the run HP and spdef investment, though the adamant part is good. I run refresh, roost, DD, and return. It's really gud. I've been thinking of resetting one on a new XD save file.
Just for novelty.
Interesting. Perhaps that'll give me a reason to pick up XD again, since the HP and SpD IVs on my current mence are single-digit numbers iirc. ;_;

Interesting. Perhaps that'll give me a reason to pick up XD again, since the HP and SpD IVs on my current mence are single-digit numbers iirc. ;_;
The spread to beat would be 23 / 29 / 31 / 18 / 28 / 31 Adamant, so idk if it gets much better than that

Xen

Wi-Fi Leader
Edit: ^^ One of the few mons that looks good in Net

The spread to beat would be 23 / 29 / 31 / 18 / 28 / 31 Adamant, so idk if it gets much better than that
Considering the luck I had with Colo resets a few months back, I probably won't be able to beat that. Worth a try though. Heh

The infraction warning in the OP didn't give guidelines for posting keep/toss about the glitched Diancies, and I'm unfortunate enough to be stuck with one and I don't have anything worth trading for one of the good Diancies floating around. So...

Keep/toss:
Diancie (Rash) : HP 26 - 27 / Atk 12 - 13 / Def 26 - 27 / SpA 17 / SpD 11, 13 / Spe 30 | Hidden Power Psychic

Because it's a glitched one, anything near 6IV is pretty much impossible. At level 50 after mega evolving, it speed ties with +Spe base 95s if it has max Spe. Some investment in HP and Atk somewhat compensates for the IVs there, and it doesn't really need max Spe anyway if it's using Rock Polish/Diamond Storm/Moonblast/Earth Power. 30 Spe is (almost) functionally identical to 31 Spe at level 50!

The Atk and SpA IVs are kind of unfortunate I guess, but I heard somewhere that even Timid Diancie hits things hard enough with Diamond Storm (this one has higher Atk than a -Atk Diancie with a perfect Atk IV) and...I don't have a justification for the SpA IV :[

I'm not sure if going for a +Spe nature would be worth it, in addition to trying for better IVs. Rash mostly restricts me to using Rock Polish, but Naive (or Hasty) could better use Calm Mind or Stealth Rock+3 attacks. Keep in mind that standards are drastically lowered because no guaranteed 3IV! Trying for an otherwise-impossible Hidden Power isn't appealing to me because I'd rather have something remotely usable, regardless of Hidden Power type.

I apologize if this is still an obvious toss and against the rules. I don't know what a borderline keep/toss looks like without three guaranteed perfects :[

Edit: Thanks, looks like I have some work to do.

Last edited:

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
The infraction warning in the OP didn't give guidelines for posting keep/toss about the glitched Diancies, and I'm unfortunate enough to be stuck with one and I don't have anything worth trading for one of the good Diancies floating around. So...

Keep/toss:
Diancie (Rash) : HP 26 - 27 / Atk 12 - 13 / Def 26 - 27 / SpA 17 / SpD 11, 13 / Spe 30 | Hidden Power Psychic

Because it's a glitched one, anything near 6IV is pretty much impossible. At level 50 after mega evolving, it speed ties with +Spe base 95s if it has max Spe. Some investment in HP and Atk somewhat compensates for the IVs there, and it doesn't really need max Spe anyway if it's using Rock Polish/Diamond Storm/Moonblast/Earth Power. 30 Spe is (almost) functionally identical to 31 Spe at level 50!

The Atk and SpA IVs are kind of unfortunate I guess, but I heard somewhere that even Timid Diancie hits things hard enough with Diamond Storm (this one has higher Atk than a -Atk Diancie with a perfect Atk IV) and...I don't have a justification for the SpA IV :[

I'm not sure if going for a +Spe nature would be worth it, in addition to trying for better IVs. Rash mostly restricts me to using Rock Polish, but Naive (or Hasty) could better use Calm Mind or Stealth Rock+3 attacks. Keep in mind that standards are drastically lowered because no guaranteed 3IV! Trying for an otherwise-impossible Hidden Power isn't appealing to me because I'd rather have something remotely usable, regardless of Hidden Power type.

I apologize if this is still an obvious toss and against the rules. I don't know what a borderline keep/toss looks like without three guaranteed perfects :[
[Wall of Text X_x] Anyway that's still a toss. Even with random stats you should be aiming for 28+ in your boosted stat, 31 in speed (30 if it has a nice Hidden Power) and 24-25+ in the not so important ones.
As an example I kept this from the gengar event which was also all random:
Gengar - #094 (Timid) : 26 - 27 / 26 - 27 / 28 - 29 / 28 / 17 / 31 (HP Grass)

While I wish I could swap Atk and Sp. Def it was good enough for my personal use so I kept.

Keep/toss:

Even without the 3 ivs, look at the shiny gengar events that people have reset. They are still really high with at least 26+ in all usable stats. I would try aiming for that. Although honestly, I do not think it would be worth resetting a messed up diancie unless you want someone that you reset yourself.

Keep/toss:

Please, please toss it.

And just so you know, if I were SRing a no-3-31-ivs-for-you event, I'd want to see at least 22 plus on each attacking stat if the nature was Rash. At least.

And a 30 IV speed is kinda being wasted on a non plus speed nature mon.

Edit: according to the guys above I have kinda low standards.. :/

Somebody posted a really good hidden power chart a long time ago. I can't find it, so if someone could link one for me? I would be very grateful

Thank you. Now for my next question. I have a cherubi with 31/31/28/31/31/31 hasty with hp dragon. Can I use weather ball as a replacement? Or should I actually breed a hp fire? This is for a friend who wants a sun team, and has never played in a competitive forum.

Thank you. Now for my next question. I have a cherubi with 31/31/28/31/31/31 hasty with hp dragon. Can I use weather ball as a replacement? Or should I actually breed a hp fire? This is for a friend who wants a sun team, and has never played in a competitive forum.
Breed Hp Fire.

HP Fire imo.
I certainly trust your opinion and experience more than my own, but something I'm wondering.

I was under the impression that Sun-centric Pokemon usually would run Weather Ball if they could so they could use a different HP for coverage, on top of it just being stronger under weather (100 BP move of weather's boosted type).

Is it because of the weather nerf, or something else I'm not understanding?

I certainly trust your opinion and experience more than my own, but something I'm wondering.

I was under the impression that Sun-centric Pokemon usually would run Weather Ball if they could so they could use a different HP for coverage, on top of it just being stronger under weather (100 BP move of weather's boosted type).

Is it because of the weather nerf, or something else I'm not understanding?
I agree....HP Rock and Weather Ball is great coverage for Cherrim imo, and from experience, Cherrim won't live long enough to outlast the sun (Heat Rock attached). So doing HP Fire is kind of a waste.

This, also Weather Ball has a lower base power: http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-dp/weatherball.shtml
I certainly understand the point on being more weather dependent, but according to both Bulbapedia and the Smogon page, Weather Ball doubles from 50 to 100 BP (before weather effects) under weather. That power difference is even bigger with HP's nerf to 60 BP

I remember Victreebel at least slashing it with HP Fire in BW.

Edit: ninjask'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)